Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,445 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari (1315 Views)

Nigeria’ll Disintegrate If Uwazuruike Is Arrested – MASSOB / No Part Of Nigeria’ll Be Used As Experimental Terror State –FG / If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Josh121(m): 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
Three time Presidential candidate, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), has warned political leaders in the country to take a cue from what happened in Egypt a few days ago.

Egyptian President, Mr. Mohammed Morsi, was on Thursday overthrown by the country’s military after days of protest near the Presidential Palace.
Speaking at the public presentation of two books by Malam Nuhu Ramalan, Head of Political Science Department of the Federal College of Education (FCE), Zaria, the former Head of State said:
“I encourage young men to buy the books to know their history. Although I know history would keep on repeating itself, as it (has) just been in Egypt. Nigeria would not be an exception, and by the way we are going only God knows where we are going to end up, but I hope we would end up well”.
The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) leader also vowed to remain in active politics despite the fact that he “ended from the Head of State to a prisoner of sort that did not stop me to attempt to get back through the other means; that is politics. And after three unsuccessful attempts, I refused to give up. I tried to, but my supporters wouldn’t support my throwing in the towel. So, I intend to fight on in spite the challenges.”
Commenting on the books, ‘Nigerian Military in Politics; 1966 to 2011 and Politics of Transition to Civil Rule; 1966 to 1999’, General Buhari recalled that when he was Head of State, he encouraged young intellectuals and even brought some of them on board; a move that saw the emergence of Ibrahim Gambari as foreign minister.
Buhari said “the deterioration of the culture caused the lack of accountability in the system, and it has now gone absolutely wide. When the military and the political leadership came, they were so corrupt and they destroyed these institutions.”
While quoting Obama as saying that African countries are bedeviled with problem of strong leaders and institutions, Buhari said “Paradoxically, in Nigeria it is the strong leaders that destroy the strong institutions by corruption and laziness of some sort.”

source: http://www.talkofnaija.com/news/442119_if-care-s-not-taken-nigeria-ll-go-the-way-of-egypt-says-buhari
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by confusion247(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
85% of the blame goes to 38 years of northern disastrous rule and leadership that ruined Nigeria. Nothing like revolution in Nigeria because we are divided between ethnic and religious lines. Buhari should remember that nobody promised to make Egypt ungovernable for Morsi.

4 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by nedu2000(m): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
I agree with the general,where by we go back & forth!!if we aren't careful after Gej's tenure in 2019(unfortunately) & we have a northern president,the new boko haram will come 4rm d south,just as pro-morsi supporters have now turned to be the country's opposition......the chain(of tribalism,nepotism et al) has to be broken

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by 1MCN: 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
But why is this supposed elder statesman still unrepentantly and unabately threatening this nation with violence and carnage and vitriols? Reinforcing the argument and believe that he's a major sponsor of the bloodletting in our country? What manner of anger could make a man sound so crass, cranky and ireesponsible? Have he not seen (had) enough blood? Someone pls tell him that the fire he's stoking may first consume him all and what are dearest and nearest to him!

2 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Josh121(m): 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
People still say he is the best candidate for 2015 I wonder how . I know Nigerian's vote for money the see at hand and not the future of the Nation .
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by gidson12(m): 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
why is this man so filled with negativity.......I've never heard any thing good come out of his mouth, and this is who some set of people want as their president

4 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by okosodo: 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2013
It is not possible, since mohammedans, jihadists and allahu akbar people are not in total control of nigeria
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
Dis is d only area I agree wit dose callin GEJ a weak president! He has continuously refused to heed numerous calls for him to ruthlessly deal wit dis fulani from futajelon! Buhari get luck sha!

3 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Omexonomy: 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
(According to my south west peep) it is a do or die affair for buhari must rule nigeria or else dog and baboon will soak in blood.
confusion247: 85% of the blame goes to 38 years of northern disastrous rule and leadership that ruined Nigeria. Nothing like revolution in Nigeria because we are divided between ethnic and religious lines. Buhari should remember that nobody promised to make Egypt ungovernable for Morsi.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Josh121(m): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
Omexonomy: (According to my south west peep) it is a do or die affair for buhari must rule nigeria or else dog and baboon will soak in blood.

Is it all about Buhari ruling the Nation of having a better Government . Have you ask your self why Buhari never talk against the worse Government in Africa "Abacha Government" Cause the work hand in hand. Buhari will give one one of the worse Government if he becomes the president which will never happen. Talking about corruption it all started with the military Government in turn the infected the simple people that where happy to be free citizen.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Omexonomy: 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2013
Their are more than a thousand ways of killing a rat. One way Gej can deal with him ruthlesly is by allowing him to spew rubbish from his mouth.
Jenams: Dis is d only area I agree wit dose callin GEJ a weak president! He has continuously refused to heed numerous calls for him to ruthlessly deal wit dis fulani from futajelon! Buhari get luck sha!

5 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by confusion247(m): 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
1MCN: But why is this supposed elder statesman still unrepentantly and unabately threatening this nation with violence and carnage and vitriols? Reinforcing the argument and believe that he's a major sponsor of the bloodletting in our country? What manner of anger could make a man sound so crass, cranky and ireesponsible? Have he not seen (had) enough blood? Someone pls tell him that the fire he's stoking may first consume him all and what are dearest and nearest to him!
The answer...... Buhari is suffering from born to rule mentality syndrome.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by JackBaueress(f): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
1MCN: But why is this supposed elder statesman still unrepentantly and unabately threatening this nation with violence and carnage and vitriols? Reinforcing the argument and believe that he's a major sponsor of the bloodletting in our country? What manner of anger could make a man sound so crass, cranky and ireesponsible? Have he not seen (had) enough blood? Someone pls tell him that the fire he's stoking may first consume him all and what are dearest and nearest to him!
In what way is his comment a threat? Buhari has spoken the truth! it's left for people like you to go back and think what the future holds for Nigeria. I don't know why some irritants tremble any time Buhari speaks the truth. smh!
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Lasinoh: 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
Talk is cheap!
Who will die for Ijjiats? undecided
Only Jesus Christ of course! kiss
Only ijjiats die for ijjiats!
NIGERIAN ARE SMART! grin

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by citizenY(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
Those Who have ears, let them hear
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by ebucha: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
Buhari!
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by drnoel: 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
this man is drunk on something again and its definitely not alcohol

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by PapaBrowne(m): 12:06am On Jul 07, 2013
The best way to destroy Buhari is by giving him a microphone.

Just give him a mike a he destroys himself.

Out of the abundance of thy heart the mouth speaketh. The man has done the maths and seen that in a free and fair election he loses hands down and is now wishing for a military take over. Maybe he thinks this is 1983.

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 07, 2013
Jenams: Dis is d only area I agree wit dose callin GEJ a weak president! He has continuously refused to heed numerous calls for him to ruthlessly deal wit dis fulani from futajelon! Buhari get luck sha!

If you arrest him, you make him popular and important.
If you leave him, he will continue to shoot him himself with the bullets from his mouth.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by gunuvi(m): 7:41am On Jul 07, 2013
Mallam Buhari, it is your village that is already turning into Egypt not the south. We are not morons here.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by otokx(m): 7:59am On Jul 07, 2013
impossibility
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by daywatcher: 8:02am On Jul 07, 2013
Is this statement worth reading..does he condemn Boko Haram's latest atrocity in it?

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by WarriPikin1: 8:56am On Jul 07, 2013
[size=30pt]Buhari Sharrrap!
You think Nigerians have forgiven you for all the lives you wasted through Boko Haram?
Why don't you just test your popularity at the polls and see! Yeye dey smell..[/size]

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by moderatorr: 9:40am On Jul 07, 2013
lol
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Youngzedd(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2013
Buhari is an ediot for vomiting such.

Oga Jona u dey fall my hand for not detaining this old man.

Buhari will NEVER smell Aso rock in his life.

Hehe! I laugh in Spanish, this is no more Amaechi's case.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Waterway: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
gidson12: why is this man so filled with negativity.......I've never heard any thing good come out of his mouth, and this is who some set of people want as their president

I think a soldier sees his/her country as their baby. These guys have laid their lives on the ground for Nigeria. Now if you think of it from their point of view and what they thought they were protecting, then you will understand their disappointment. In addition , I don't think any of our leaders that fought for independence will give accolades to these leaders in the last 15yrs. the question they will ask is --- Is this what I risk my life for ? ----- Corrupt and unpatriotic citizen leaders pilfering away the resources . How many homes and foreign accounts did Awolowo, Azikiwe, Balewa etc have in Dubai, Europe. Infact these excesses were looked at with disdain back then and today it is enslaving the country by promoting/encouraging staggering level of embezzlements/corruption and sanctioned by GEJ. You may want to disagree but the buck stops at his desk and he is the presido!!!!
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Waterway: 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
Youngzedd: Buhari is an ediot for vomiting such.

Oga Jona u dey fall my hand for not detaining this old man.

Buhari will NEVER smell Aso rock in his life.

Hehe! I laugh in Spanish, this is no more Amaechi's case.

Don't laugh at the issue , don't react at the gut level , engage it at an intellectual level--- Ask the question why so much misery in my country. Look beyond the names of the leaders ask where are they leading us Don't ask which political party but ask which will include us all at the grand party -- a prosperous Nigeria; a country you do not want to leave but stay and contribute the best of your talents and have your kids experience the beauty , the diverse people ,language , music and culture. It sounds like a place you , Buhari, GEJ ,the rest of us will want to experience if we are sincere/patriotic enough. You see, if we get our leaders to be as patriotic as a soldier is to their country then they will contribute more to this great nation and not run this baby down !!!
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by mensdept: 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
Funny enough, if Buhari were to have said before, that the country needs to be split between East, West, Middle Belt, and Sharia North, or promised to do so when becoming President, then he will win the election, even in the Northern states.

Its the obvious thing to do, if not, the what happened in Egypt would normally take place in Nigeria, except the pastors and the people are not interested in fighting for their rights. Instead, its joke after joke.

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Vs Goodluck Jonathan :2015 Presidential Election / New PDP/APC Merger: ‘tambuwal Remains Speaker, For Now’ • / "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.