Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:57 AM

Nollywood In The Future - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood In The Future (2091 Views)

Nollywood In The 90's / How Aesthetic Is Nollywood In the Use of Proverbs? / Bollywood Meets Nollywood In Ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood In The Future by prof800(m): 8:41am On Jul 09, 2013
^^^^^
now i have to find how to watch 'perfect senses'.
i just like those kinda films.
Re: Nollywood In The Future by VillageBoi(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2013
^^^^

Prof, how now? What I love about such films is it's not about the 'lets wow people with sci-fi' but the raw human emotional element as the tone of the film... also as done in 'Another Earth' the sci-fi stuff was so minute but the humanness of the film was so good.

PS: It's 'Perfect Sense' not plural. You will really, really enjoy the film and all your emotions want to die at the end and they did without even manipulating you. Brilliant, I love it!
Re: Nollywood In The Future by VillageBoi(m): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
directorsolomon:

i would agree with you but on the area of "NO ACTION" i beg to differ because i believe there is no genre that cant be explored in our culture.

in the area of short films ive had a lot of fallouts with my friends in the field cause they dont believe in it. if only they know how important it is to keep making short films, long story short i want to see new and innovative filmmakers and actors.

The thing about 'action' films is we just don't make them very well yet. I no go send you go all the threads of 'You know it's a Nollywood movie when...' lol

You are right, short films are very important, as one can learn a lot of skills without it costing them so much money. BUT the good thing is Nigerian filmmaking will continue to improve - I really do believe that.
Re: Nollywood In The Future by VillageBoi(m): 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
I tried to post 11 secs of a clip that shows a wide angle lens being used for a close up shot... and what i was talking about earlier but it didn't work.

Hopefully when you click this it should start at the point it happens, unfortunately I can't add and 'out' point. (No idea if this will even work until I post it)

EDIT: It kinda works if you click on the 'link' and not on the video image. But you can also just go to 8mins 3secs and play from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh8yGYeN6Ls&feature=youtu.be&t=8m3s

1 Like

Re: Nollywood In The Future by directorsolomon(m): 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
I'm sorry I can only read the replies for now...MTN is really..... (you already know the rest) undecidedI'm sorry I can only read the replies for now...MTN is really..... (you already know the rest)
Re: Nollywood In The Future by mrdrizzy(m): 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Abeg no dey tell us nollywood when there isnt on single site dat u can get it(download),unlike hollywood
Re: Nollywood In The Future by VillageBoi(m): 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
^^^^^

Mr Drizzy, this ya post made me very 'dizzy', so you mean say for ya life you Neva pay for Nollywood film?
So as you have never contributed a kobo don't you ever dare yab the industry because na people like una dry spoil am.

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood In The Future by prof800(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
mr.drizzy:
Abeg no dey tell us nollywood when there isnt on single site dat u can get it(download),unlike hollywood
what iz diz one saying...?
mtchewwwwww...!

1 Like

Re: Nollywood In The Future by mrdrizzy(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
preference,personally i dnt like the nollywood thingy so why go ahead buying a disk,2ndly we are in a digital age where everything is regulated with science ,why waste 200buks to get a film ,when u can actually get dat same movie (in hd version) online when u have goodv/free service..be realistic and stop forming IDEAL NIGERIAN:
Re: Nollywood In The Future by prof800(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
mr.drizzy:
preference,personally i dnt like the nollywood thingy so why go ahead buying a disk,
but you'd rather wish there was a 'website' where you can download the 'nollywood thingy'...(but you don't like it right?)

1 Like

Re: Nollywood In The Future by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
mr.drizzy:
preference,personally i dnt like the nollywood thingy so why go ahead buying a disk,2ndly we are in a digital age where everything is regulated with science ,why waste 200buks to get a film ,when u can actually get dat same movie (in hd version) online when u have goodv/free service..be realistic and stop forming IDEAL NIGERIAN:

You know what? You are not wanted on this thread. You are constituting nuisance. Kindly be a gentle man and leave! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood In The Future by sholay2011(m): 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
prof800:

but you'd rather wish there was a 'website' where you can download the 'nollywood thingy'...(but you don't like it right?)

Nice response.
Re: Nollywood In The Future by Horus(m): 2:20am On Jul 15, 2013
directorsolomon: Hello guys! I'm just curious as to what kind or genre of Nigerian movie would appeal to you and what kind of Nigerian movies would you not mind going to the cinemas to see?

would you like to see new faces
would you be happy to see well made Action, Adventure, science fiction etc or what do you think generally?

In Nollywood I would like to see movies that address the issue of the fight against corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Nollywood In The Future by Orikinla(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Nollywood In The Future by tpia99: 5:46am On Jan 03, 2015
Dunno ojare

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? / Your Best Tv Advert And Your All Time Most Useless Advert / War In France – Nollywood Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.