Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi (1551 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides / Jonathan Will Use The Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not- WIKE Dares Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
** "I have started fasting that he (Amaechi) should leave PDP. Let him leave now and let us meet at the election"- Nyesom Wike

The Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike is a critical figure in the raging political crisis in Rivers State. He spoke with some journalists, including THISDAY’s Ike Abonyi in Abuja on his role in the controversy, his relationship with Governor Amaechi

Q: Can you give us a background to your relationship with Governor Amaechi.

A: Ordinarily, I wouldn’t want tocomment on anything that has to do with the Governor of River state vis-à-vis my relationship with him, but because of certain events that started re- occurring, it becomes imperative for one to clear the air on certain things the public should know. I was the chairman of Obiakpo Local Government Council. I became chairman from 1999 to 2002. Thereafter there was a break when the federal government had to stop to assess the importance or otherwise of local government. Of course, that was not to be, nothing came out of that. By 2004, we nowhad another local government election, which Ire-contested as my second term and also won. His Excellency, Governor Rotimi Amaechi was the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly then. It will interest you to know that we all came to know each other then.
There was no relationship prior to 1999. I didn’t know him and he didn’t know me. We were in the same team of Dr. Peter Odili under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) even though he was at a higher level, so to speak. But we were also at the level where we were making our own contributions. The relationship was cordial thereafter, when we had the primaries of the governorship election. People were projecting their own people to be the flag bearer of PDP in the governorship election. As a council chairman, I was the rallying point of virtually all those who were supporting Rotimi Amaechi. During those primaries, I was the agent at the Civic Centre for Rotimi Amaechi. Along the line, some problems came up. When they were to give flags to all the South-South PDP candidates in Port Harcourt, in December 2006, then the Obasanjo issue came up coupled with the fact that there was a problem.
And I and some other people said we were not going to participate in it. In fact, that particular day, we were to disrupt the process with regard to other states gubernatorial flag bearers but Amaechi prevailed on us to allow the whole process and we heeded his advice. I remember that on a Saturday after that, Celestine Omehia came to see Amaechi at his residence as the speaker, which he was then. Amaechi said I and Magnus Abe, the commissioner for information then, were going to talk with Omehia. So, Amaechi and Omehia didn’t talk. That same day, Amaechi travelled to Ghana. The very day he left the shores of this country for Ghana, a protest started. That is why it is very painful when people forget history.

I can tell you, most of the people dining and wining with Amaechi today are those who ran away from us.You don’t need to see a prophet to know who as at that time was in charge when Amaechi regained his mandate. In everything that happened, I led it; every meeting that was done, held in my house to the point thatour tenure hadn’t expired as local government chairmen, but Omehia dissolved us. Most of us were seen as Amaechi’s men. That never bothered me. There was no day while Amaechi was in Ghana that he never spoke tome. He called sometimes as often as 10 times in a day. Every now and again, he would say to me, see what I am hearing, and I would tell him it was rumour and that he should discard it. But we said, we have decided to support Amaechi and will continue to support him. At that time, I was not a betrayer; I never had a character because it was working for him.
When Amaechi was in Ghana,most people had given up hope. In fact, I was chased around by the EFCC at the time. There was nothing that was not done to make me withdraw my support for Amaechi. I had everything with me to terminate Amaechi’s ambition. There was no offer that was not made to me, but I said no, because I had taken a decision. I was not just a mere supporter, but I also committed resources. In fact I had to leave my home. For three months I never saw my wife. I was basically based in Abuja.

When, however, they had heard that we went to court and that there was a strong legal argument, which had become obvious that he was likely to win, two days to that judgment, most of them came. So, I was in a position to terminate whatever ambition he had to be governor. Amaechi’s lawyer, Lateef Fagbemi, is alive. He will tell you about the role I played. I know when I smuggled Amaechi into Abuja in the night. Then, I never betrayed? I never wentand told security men that he was coming in the night. But today, the governor sees me as a betrayer.
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
What agreement did I enter into that I never fulfilled my part or I sold out? By the grace of God, after all said and done, we won, on the 25th of October, on the 26th he was inaugurated. I was appointed chief of staff. But that appointment did not augur well in spite of everything I did. There were people who were saying why should I be given chief of staff position. I didn’t realise that people had positioned themselves for the same appointment. But I wasn’t bothered; I was doing my job.
The following year, 2008, unknown to me, they called in the EFCC. What I had in my account then was N624, 000. Meanwhile, that account was opened since 2002. What has passed in that account from 2002 to 2007 was about N100, 000,000 (One hundred million). That was when they had put in money for about good six years. Nobody gave a statement that I was not a signatory to government account. You have the permanent secretary, and the DFA. I did not hold money. So,why would I transfer government account to personal money? The governor, never for once supported me in that matter. But God saw me through, I got to the Supreme Court and I won the matter.

I’m happy because God used me as an instrument for him to achieve what he has achieved as a governor. I give all the glory to God; whether today he wants to see me or not, it is immaterial. Because he has become a governor, he has become the chairman of the Governors’ Forum now I am no longer qualified; I’m insignificant to talk to him. Why am I insignificant? Why am I a small boy? He talks to the president anyhow, he talks to his brother governors anyhow, he talks to the elders anyhow, so, who am I?

I was the campaign director-general so I know everythingthat happened. There is no page in the election petition by ACN and APGA that Wike’s name was not mentioned. In fact the ACN gubernatorial candidate, Dr. Abiye Sekibo, said he withdrew his petition because Wike frustrated him and that there was no need going on.

Q: But there are rumours that you want to be governor of the state?

A: Who said I want to be governor? When have I called you one day to say I want to be governor? When I fought for him, what was my ambition? When he was in Ghana and I was fighting for him what was my ambition? To be what, to be minister? But in any case too, assuming I want to be the governor, is it when he decides I will be a governor that I will be a governor? Is it when he decides I will be a councillor that I will be one? Is he going to run for third term as a governor? What Amaechi wants to do in Rivers State is to remain the lord of manor. If he says you will be a councillor you will be and nobody should have a say, nobody should make contribution. Certainly, some of us cannot accept that. Do you know the politics of making me a minister? Tonye Cole he nominated what was his role? Those who are commissioners in his cabinet, what role did some of them play? Assuming I am not a politician, am I not qualified? You said you made me, you nominated me; mostpeople were nominated, most people were disqualified too. If he nominated me, who went back for the security people to indict me? I did my reception in the governor’s lodge, the governor never came down to talk to anybody or to receive anybody. A colleague of mine came to the lodge and I introduced him to the governor, the way the governor received my colleague, the man came back and said, “be careful, I don’t think this man is happy that you are a minister.”

Q: But the Governor said that he nominated you into your present position?

A: It is not that he nominated me; he wanted to send me out of Port Harcourt, that I was becoming too powerful in Port Harcourt, that my continued stay in Port Harcourt will be a problem tonominate his successor by 2015. That was how he said, ‘ok let me push him out,’ anybody who went to Abuja will no longer be a potential successor. But like I said, youdon’t know what God plans.

Q: There are insinuations that the disagreement has the tacit support of the presidency?

A: Did the matter start as I became minister of state? How can the presidency be behind me? I should wait at the level I am? On Friday, June 28, we came and received Mr. President, the governor was in Lagos with his APC friends for Governor Fashola’s birthday, he didn’t come to receive the president, and the deputy governor came. On the 29th being Saturday the governor came, when he came he saw us, the first thing he did was to call the chief of staff to Mr. President that “if these people do not get out of this place”, he would not come and receive the president. Who are the people he was talking about? He doesn’t want the state party officers to receive the president; he doesn’t want hands with elders of Rivers State to receive Mr. President. Mr President then alighted from the aircraft, we all went and shook Mr. President. Mr. President went to great the mammoth crowd that came to welcome him.
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
He wanted to greet the president with his four commissioners and four chairmen of council. That is the humiliation he wanted Mr. President to suffer. The president of a country is passing an area, what you do was to bring four commissioners and four chairmen to receive the president. Some of them were wearing jeans to receive Mr. President. Then when Mr. President was to now shake hands with people, he told Mr. President that these people for security reasons should be avoided and I said “no, these are state party officers, you are the leader of PDP you must shake the party officers”. They said he should not shake some people’s hands for security reason and Mr. President said, “just forget it, they are all Rivers people” and went and now shook hands with everybody. Of course, he got angry and left;he left before Mr. President left.

What also angered Amaechi this way was because he has no party; he does not have the party structure. I have started fasting that he should leave PDP. Let him leave now and let us meet at the election.

Q: So what is being done to restore peace in the state?

A: We are not quarrelling; these are political things going on. You know they say we are Abuja politician but I am always home every week, they come to Abuja too, we are in Abuja, they call us Abuja politicians meanwhile no of them can conveniently win their wards; I can tell you few who can win their wards. I’m a minister today, I’m not in competition with anybody. I need to tap from what you have and add to my own and be a better minister. PDP is carrying out a lot of massive mobilisation. People are yearning for a new Rivers State. Those of them who are with Amaechi now, who wants to be governor, when this goes tomorrow, the other person will go and mobilize his own ethnic group to go and pay the governor a solidarity visit stating that they are with him, that any day he leaves they would leave the party. Rivers State will be a masterpiece of 2015; you will know that money does not work in everything.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/wike-governor-amaechi-and-i/152581/

1 Like

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by stebell(m): 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
@ OP, gud to share dis in dis forum. I live in PH. I'm frm Rivers State. Sincerely speaking, we kno dat Gov. Amaechi wants to go for VP even tho he has not said so. But we in de SS don't want VP wen we hv de Pres. As for Wike, I hv sampled opinion in 3 LGA, and discovered dat he's loved in de state especially de way he's supported de Pres. Why wud any one go for 2nd best wen yu hv de best already? #Team Fresh Air#

4 Likes

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by takedat(m): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
Why is Wike so desperate to push Amaechi out of the PDP? When did it become a crime to associate with opposition governors, after all, they are also stakeholders in the Nigerian project. What are his(Wike) achievements as the Minister of State for Education? ASUP and ASUU strikes, Mass failure in JAMB and WAEC, poor educational system? Wike is just another Rabble-rouser

4 Likes

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by stebell(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
take dat: Why is Wike so desperate to push Amaechi out of the PDP? When did it become a crime to associate with opposition governors, after all, they are also stakeholders in the Nigerian project. What are his(Wike) achievements as the Minister of State for Education? ASUP and ASUU strikes, Mass failure in JAMB and WAEC, poor educational system?
Wike is not desperate to push Amaechi out. Rather, it is Amaechi dat said he'll leave PDP if he is forced to reinstate de Obio/Akpor chairman and his councillors. It is not a crime to associate wit opposition govs. But wen dat association is to de detriment of ur house, my broda even ur fada go call yu to order. Pls note, even wen Wike is not a minister, ASUP, ASUU n de rest hv been going strike. So its not new.

6 Likes

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by takedat(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
stebell: Wike is not desperate to push Amaechi out. Rather, it is Amaechi dat said he'll leave PDP if he is forced to reinstate de Obio/Akpor chairman and his councillors. It is not a crime to associate wit opposition govs. But wen dat association is to de detriment of ur house, my broda even ur fada go call yu to order. Pls note, even wen Wike is not a minister, ASUP, ASUU n de rest hv been going strike. So its not new.
The house of assembly suspended the Chairman and his councillors, yet you want the Governor to reinstate them. Isn't there something called "Separation of Powers"? How is his association with opposition governors of detriment to his "house and brother"? So you believe in those(Wike and co) feasting on GEJ's paranoia, rumor mongering and manufacturing enemies for him, when he(Amaechi) hasn't publicly declared his intention of decamping to APC or the alleged vice presidential ambition? I guess you are an advocate of "winner-take-all, take no prisoner style of politics".

So because we've always had ASUU and ASUP strikes, it must continue as part of the transformation agenda?

3 Likes

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Meet at what election? What election has Amachi declared he is running for?

Wike Retardeen and their peeps are running mad

1 Like

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by shagaribarau: 5:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
take dat u be one of dose who bent d truth
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by takedat(m): 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
shagaribarau: take dat u be one of dose who bent d truth
Have you taken your medication today?
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Samxiulee: 7:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
stebell: @ OP, gud to share dis in dis forum. I live in PH. I'm frm Rivers State. Sincerely speaking, we kno dat Gov. Amaechi wants to go for VP even tho he has not said so. But we in de SS don't want VP wen we hv de Pres. As for Wike, I hv sampled opinion in 3 LGA, and discovered dat he's loved in de state especially de way he's supported de Pres. Why wud any one go for 2nd best wen yu hv de best already? #Team Fresh Air#
please when did people started nursing ambition to become VP?Jonathan need to change the people he works with,they are just selling him lies and he is falling for it,there is nothing wrong with Governors associating with each other event though they are not from the same party,also Ameachi is the chairman of the Ngf,Jonathan should just focus on delivering no doubt we will vote for him,playing politics with this kind of people is not healthy.the Gov will tell the president not to shake hands with some people for security reason,smh...na wich kain lie be dat?when did Ameachi became Jonathan head of security?the man has problem with 4 commissioners in jeans coming to greet the president,will he feel better if the Governor came with the whole civil service in river state dressed in their Christmas/sunday wear or suits before they will know that he supports Jonathan?Am not a citizen of rivers but I hate people like this man Wike with passion because we have people like this everywhere,church,family and lot of them at place of work,backstabbing,bad belle,rumour mongering,inciting people.

1 Like

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by KokoBeware: 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2013
dayokanu: Meet at what election? What election has Amachi declared he is running for?

Wike Retardeen and their peeps are running mad

Same way GEJ has not declared he is running for any election ....

2 Likes

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
KokoBeware:

Same way GEJ has not declared he is running for any election ....

So why are the PDP and Jonathan hounding and harrasing Amaechi
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sycophantic thread to say d least!

Imagine silly talk by Wike saying som pipo wore jeans 2 welcome d president as if dat was a sacrilegous act!

Its obvious GEJ is not so smart hence pandering to all d hues n cries abt evri perceived enemy

Wat is all dis silly talk about som1 betraying his broda even if d so cald Broda is a criminal,scammer,n all wat not? Is dia an immunity against being independent-minded somtyms

Those who r clinging to d apron's strings of GEJ to advance dia political career thru asslicking strategies r more of an enemy than dos who are nt in any way pretensious
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by ssii: 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2013
This Wike sef. Who is he deceiving? Its only GEJ/PEJ and expired politicians that would fall for his antics. Like seriously, after working for and with Amaechi like he said, he would be drinking panadol for Jonathan's headache, fighting Amaechi with everything he has because according to him, Amaechi is disrespectful to GEJ. Is that how to treat a friend who you feel is doing something wrong? Really, he loves GEJ that much? Abi GEJ is too weak to fight for himself. Abegi, the man is desperate for Amaechi to leave PDP so that it will be a smooth ride for him to contest. These politicians lie more than the devil himself. Wike that declared not too long ago that there is no zoning in Rivers PDP, and Amaechi being Ikwerre does not stop him (Wike) from taking over.
I pity GEJ really, he does not have full support from the north and south west, yet he is allowing this power hungry man to destroy PDP in Rivers. Minister of state will not remain in Abuja to do his work, no wonder ASUU is on strike, nothing to write home about the education ministry.
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by ssii: 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
stebell: @ OP, gud to share dis in dis forum. I live in PH. I'm frm Rivers State. Sincerely speaking, we kno dat Gov. Amaechi wants to go for VP even tho he has not said so. But we in de SS don't want VP wen we hv de Pres. As for Wike, I hv sampled opinion in 3 LGA, and discovered dat he's loved in de state especially de way he's supported de Pres. Why wud any one go for 2nd best wen yu hv de best already? #Team Fresh Air#
Which LGAs did you sample? Who loves Wike? Abeg lie small small.

1 Like

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Joyfullyme: 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
take dat: The house of assembly suspended the Chairman and his councillors, yet you want the Governor to reinstate them. Isn't there something called "Separation of Powers"? How is his association with opposition governors of detriment to his "house and brother"? So you believe in those(Wike and co) feasting on GEJ's paranoia, rumor mongering and manufacturing enemies for him, when he(Amaechi) hasn't publicly declared his intention of decamping to APC or the alleged vice presidential ambition? I guess you are an advocate of "winner-take-all, take no prisoner style of politics".

So because we've always had ASUU and ASUP strikes, it must continue as part of the transformation agenda?
House of assembly suspended the LGA Ameachi is not involved, grin grin grin grin grin
PDP suspended Ameachi, President is not involved grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ameachi has not said he is running for VP, grin grin grin grin grin grin
P GEJ has not said he is running for president, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ameachi said he has no problem with the president, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Obio Akpor LGA secretariait is being locked up for security reasons, grin grin grin grin grin
Buhari has not said he is a BH sympathizer. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I think a problem with Nairaland which i take to be a representation of Nigeria and Nigerians is that we cannot start our discussions on a foundation of truth, even when you know and i know, and you know that i know , and i know that you know that i know, we would still brazenly deny what we all know to try and justify our sentiments and bias.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!
Long Live Nairalanders !!
Forever live the truth!!
Thank You.

6 Likes

Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by ssii: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: He wanted to greet the president with his four commissioners and four chairmen of council. That is the humiliation he wanted Mr. President to suffer. The president of a country is passing an area, what you do was to bring four commissioners and four chairmen to receive the president. Some of them were wearing jeans to receive Mr. President. Then when Mr. President was to now shake hands with people, he told Mr. President that these people for security reasons should be avoided and I said “no, these are state party officers, you are the leader of PDP you must shake the party officers”. They said he should not shake some people’s hands for security reason and Mr. President said, “just forget it, they are all Rivers people” and went and now shook hands with everybody. Of course, he got angry and left;he left before Mr. President left.

What also angered Amaechi this way was because he has no party; he does not have the party structure. I have started fasting that he should leave PDP. Let him leave now and let us meet at the election.

Q: So what is being done to restore peace in the state?

A: We are not quarrelling; these are political things going on. You know they say we are Abuja politician but I am always home every week, they come to Abuja too, we are in Abuja, they call us Abuja politicians meanwhile no of them can conveniently win their wards; I can tell you few who can win their wards. I’m a minister today, I’m not in competition with anybody. I need to tap from what you have and add to my own and be a better minister. PDP is carrying out a lot of massive mobilisation. People are yearning for a new Rivers State. Those of them who are with Amaechi now, who wants to be governor, when this goes tomorrow, the other person will go and mobilize his own ethnic group to go and pay the governor a solidarity visit stating that they are with him, that any day he leaves they would leave the party. Rivers State will be a masterpiece of 2015; you will know that money does not work in everything.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/wike-governor-amaechi-and-i/152581/

We already have a new Rivers state, Rivers state is already a masterpiece under Amaechi. We don't want you as governor,,you will not do better than Amaechi. We know your antecedents when you were chief of staff. Face your duties as minister, let us see what change you bring in the area of education instead of flying to PH every week.
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by stebell(m): 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
take dat: The house of assembly suspended the Chairman and his councillors, yet you want the Governor to reinstate them. Isn't there something called "Separation of Powers"? How is his association with opposition governors of detriment to his "house and brother"? So you believe in those(Wike and co) feasting on GEJ's paranoia, rumor mongering and manufacturing enemies for him, when he(Amaechi) hasn't publicly declared his intention of decamping to APC or the alleged vice presidential ambition? I guess you are an advocate of "winner-take-all, take no prisoner style of politics".

Yes de state assembly removed de council chaiman and his councillors. But hv ever heard about "de hand of Esau and de voice of Jacob". Ma bro let me enlighten yu a little. There is nothing de hoz of assembly does that de gov didn't sanction. Ok hv yu bothered to find out wat has happened? Why havnt de state assembly concluded their investigations three months after. Hv they even called de chairman to answer some of their questions? Ok why is it that some law makers in de assembly are saying de chairman was removed unjustly?. As for de ASUU and failures in schs, since de advent of bb, smart fones, facebook, et al, hw many of de students do read their books. So if the nation recorded failures,it's de fault of Wike rite. I rest ma case.
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by dBard: 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
Joyfullyme:
House of assembly suspended the LGA Ameachi is not involved, grin grin grin grin grin
Ameachi said he has no problem with the president, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Obio Akpor LGA secretariait is being locked up for security reasons, grin grin grin grin grin
I think a problem with Nairaland which i take to be a representation of Nigeria and Nigerians is that we cannot start our discussions on a foundation of truth, even when you know and i know, and you know that i know , and i know that you know that i know, we would still brazenly deny what we all know to try and justify our sentiments and bias.
Forever live the truth!!
Thank You.

Gbam
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by dougivilla(m): 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
dayokanu:

And how are they doing that?

You and I know that Amaechi is going through some self inflicted ordeal!

If he wants to be in PDP then he should be willing to abide by the party stance on issues, otherwise, he should get out and reallign with the opposition!

Is'nt it double standards to say Jonathan is hounding Amechi and still want to absolve Amechi from the obiakpo lga saga?
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by dougivilla(m): 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
dayokanu:

And how are they doing that?

You and I know that Amaechi is going through some self inflicted ordeal!

If he wants to be in PDP then he should be willing to abide by the party stance on issues, otherwise, he should get out and reallign with the opposition!

Is'nt it double standards to say Jonathan is hounding Amechi and still want to absolve Amechi from the obiakpo lga saga??
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by dayokanu(m): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
Which party stance or rule has Amaechi violated.

List them out
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2013
dayokanu: Which party stance or rule has Amaechi violated.

List them out
He's been saying hello to people in opposition parties when should be ignoring them. It is an anti-party activity in PDP to say hello to a politician from another party.
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by takedat(m): 12:23am On Jul 07, 2013
stebell: Yes de state assembly removed de council chaiman and his councillors. But hv ever heard about "de hand of Esau and de voice of Jacob". Ma bro let me enlighten yu a little. There is nothing de hoz of assembly does that de gov didn't sanction. Ok hv yu bothered to find out wat has happened? Why havnt de state assembly concluded their investigations three months after. Hv they even called de chairman to answer some of their questions? Ok why is it that some law makers in de assembly are saying de chairman was removed unjustly?. As for de ASUU and failures in schs, since de advent of bb, smart fones, facebook, et al, hw many of de students do read their books. So if the nation recorded failures,it's de fault of Wike rite. I rest ma case.
You can argue that "it was the hand of Esau and voice of Jacob" but it was the Rivers assembly that suspended the council members, and it is well within their constitutional authority to do so. The constitution also gives a state governor the powers to dissolve a council cabinet but he(Amaechi) did not do that.

On why the Assembly is yet to conclude its investigation, the matter is already in court and it will be inappropriate to decide or comment publicly on cases sub judice.

Your reasons for why there is a near collapse of our educational system, I should ask you of what use then is a minister of education who feed fat on public purse?
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Samxiulee: 12:25am On Jul 07, 2013
stebell: Yes de state assembly removed de council chaiman and his councillors. But hv ever heard about "de hand of Esau and de voice of Jacob". Ma bro let me enlighten yu a little. There is nothing de hoz of assembly does that de gov didn't sanction. Ok hv yu bothered to find out wat has happened? Why havnt de state assembly concluded their investigations three months after. Hv they even called de chairman to answer some of their questions? Ok why is it that some law makers in de assembly are saying de chairman was removed unjustly?. As for de ASUU and failures in schs, since de advent of bb, smart fones, facebook, et al, hw many of de students do read their books. So if the nation recorded failures,it's de fault of Wike rite. I rest ma case.
if that is the case why not punish Jacob like God did?the rivers assembly men should have being the one suspended by the party not the Governor since he claimed that he did not suspend the lga chairman.
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Joyfullyme: 12:31am On Jul 07, 2013
take dat: You can argue that "it was the hand of Esau and voice of Jacob" but it was the Rivers assembly that suspended the council members, and it is well within their constitutional authority to do so. The constitution also gives a state governor the powers to dissolve a council cabinet but he(Amaechi) did not do that.

On why the Assembly is yet to conclude its investigation, the matter is already in court and it will be inappropriate to decide or comment publicly on cases sub judice.

Your reasons for why there is a near collapse of our educational system, I should ask you of what use then is a minister of education who feed fat on public purse?
Umm umm ( clearing troat) Dede no vex ooo, If you were made the minister of education today what would you do to uncollapse the educational system?
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by takedat(m): 12:41am On Jul 07, 2013
Joyfullyme:
Forever live the truth!!
Thank You.
What happens when my truth completely contradicts your truth? grin grin grin Truth is not always absolute!
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by takedat(m): 12:45am On Jul 07, 2013
Joyfullyme:
Umm umm ( clearing troat) Dede no vex ooo, If you were made the minister of education today what would you do to uncollapse the educational system?
I am still waiting for my appointment letter. grin grin grin
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 07, 2013
Joyfullyme:
Forever live the truth!!
Thank You.

This is the post of the century!

The biggest fear I have of certain Nigerians is their ability to lie to your face even when they know that you know the truth.
Re: Leave PDP Now And Let Us Meet At The Election: Wike Dares Amaechi by otokx(m): 5:36am On Jul 07, 2013
I'm happy to hear his own side of the story, all will be well in the end with the Port Harcourt boys.

(1) (Reply)

Analysis Of The 2011 Electoral Map: Implications for Goodluck Jonathan / Over One Million Killed In The North Since 1966, Says Buhari / How Long Will Reno Omokri's Presidential Poll Last?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.