Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

"Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" (1315 Views)

Igbo Vs Yoruba In DSS Custody / THE IGBO AGENDA AGAINST THE YORUBA IN LAGOS - / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by olabukola: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
I was reading a thread here on politics section when I came across of this phrase I used as the topic. Please my brothers do we have obas outside Yoruba land? I strongly believe that its the Ibos that are engaged in this nonsense before now if at all its true and it need to stop as that has no meaning in Yoruba culture.

Pls somebody tell me its not true.
Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by donphilopus: 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
The Egbiras too, do have!
Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by oldenglish: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
If they have emir in illorin why not Oba in Kano. No big deal. You have a reason to have one unlike the igbos that have Igwe in Kano but no emir in Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
@Op: I read that part in the Kano bouhaha post and I was appalled. There is nothing bad in having a representative for a group of Yoruba outside Yoruba land but calling it 'Oba' is nothing short of insult to Yoruba traditions - who crowned, performed the rituals and pronounced him king? If Nigeria eventually balkanizes and everyone has to return home, I hope the said Oba would not return and want to lay claims and lastly I hope his offsprings do not refer themselves as princes(sses).

2 Likes

Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by bloodyassassin: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
grin
Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by collynzo2(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
Yeah, one of them was mercilessly butchered recently in Kano and you guys said absolutely nothing about it (as usual)
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/unknown-assailants-kill-prominent-yoruba-leader-kano/

7 Likes

Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by VICTORCIZA(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
collynzo2: Yeah, one of them was mercilessly butchered recently in Kano and you guys said absolutely nothing about it (as usual)
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/unknown-assailants-kill-prominent-yoruba-leader-kano/
avoiding matters you need to treat urgently is called cowardice!!!
but
they call it sophistication!

2 Likes

Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by ChrisOD: 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
Olabukola your Oba in kano was killed by northerners a few years ago. You cowards did nothing

1 Like

Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
collynzo2: Yeah, one of them was mercilessly butchered recently in Kano and you guys said absolutely nothing about it (as usual)
grin grin grin yorubas: donors of northern suya since 1960.

2 Likes

Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by Mogidi: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
donphilopus: The Egbiras too, do have!

How did your Egbira people find their way to Edo state that's what I want to know.

Why can't you people join other Egbiras in Kogi?

Mugu!!
Re: "Oba Of Yoruba In Kano" by donphilopus: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Mogidi:

How did your Egbira people find their way to Edo state that's what I want to know.

Why can't you people join other Egbiras in Kogi?

Mugu!!

Guy, were you sent to me?! So, I'm no longer Yoruba, but Egbira residing in Edo?! Guy, your level of foolishness is alarming!

(1) (Reply)

$619 Billion Missing From USA Federal Transparency Site / FG's Six Mega Universities: Any Updates? / Jubilation In Ile Ife Over Omisore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.