Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures (4417 Views)

Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost / The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Photo: See An African Attacked By South Africans Recently.viewers Discretion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Chino48: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
President Jonathan At The 2013 Nigerian Army Day Celebration In Abuja On Saturday

http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-president-jonathan-2013-nigerian-army-day-celebration-abuja-saturday

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Chino48: 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
More

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by saintneo(m): 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
GE Jonathan
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
Where are the pictures? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
What is this? where is the power?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Itoroetti(m): 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
With GEJ,the difference is clear.carry go sir
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by nedu2000(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
Nigeria isn't even a power of itself,boko haram burnt 25 kids in the domain of its army

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by shugacaneman: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
straight to yobe to arrest the situation. @ general GEJ
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Chino48: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
nedu2000: Nigeria isn't even a power of itself,boko haram burnt 25 kids in the domain of its army

I was in Tanzania last month, the way they respect Nigerian Army, its like the same way we Nigerians accord respect to US Army.

We should learn to appreciate our own.
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by dridowu: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
swagalicious gej
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Beaf1: 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
Super power, meanwhile armed civilians are maiming school children and torching schools in Yobe.

African super power indeed.

Ceremonial president.
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Horus(m): 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
Electricity Power 24 hours per day?
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by 2fine2fast(m): 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
rubbish tins
power ko, horse ni undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Maxymilliano(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
Behold the Commander-In-Chief

Guess the tough posture of Presido has more to do with the new attitude and not just the uniform ...

Welldone Bro Jo, no matter how long, good will always triumph over evil, wish you well.
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by nedu2000(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
Chino48:

I was in Tanzania last month, the way they respect Nigerian Army, its like the same way we Nigerians accord respect to US Army.

We should learn to appreciate our own.
'cos we go on peace-keeping missions,I try 2 appreciate them I really do
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by dasparrow: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
@Post

I don't care if we are an African power. Someone please give me electricity. The heat is too much and I would love to turn on my fan to cool off without the blaring noise of the generator.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by homesteady(m): 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
The most amazing part was when GEJ stood up!! And everybody stood up with him!!
Even if them ile eko and co were there, they would have stood up!! LOL
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by kingjohnny(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yes we are, not just Africa the giant of the black race
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Symphony007: 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
This culture of jonathan wearing military uniform is getting too much and it is wrong. This is a democracy and one of the greatest symbol of that is a civilian commander in chief to ordering a uniformed armed forces. Even north korea with all it's propagander and gosses stepping soildeirs, their leader does not wearing military atire.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by mensdept: 11:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

I don't care if we are an African power. Someone please give me electricity. The heat is too much and I would love to turn on my fan to cool off without the blaring noise of the generator.

LOL. Some people are desperate to legitimize the illegible, the filth, the corruption, the complacency, the church church and pretend everything is okay and that this country is "Great".
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by bloggernaija: 11:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
All these antiquated equipment from the days of king solomon and an army that lack discipline( only good at fighting police ).
Only 5 apache(egypt has 36 battle ready apache) will destroy everything Nigeria's in her inventory and mop up the rest within 2 weeks.
The navy is another basket case with all those NNS fishing boats and patrol canoes.
The 20th century battlefield requires a fast ,nimble and mobile force ready to deploy within a short period.
One British type 45 destroyer is enough to hold the entire nigerian coast.once it cast a net,nothing must move whether in the air or on water.advanced radar systems ensures that it will detect anything as big as a small can of milo and sophisticated guidance system ensures that the target is destroyed .
Egypt has 1130 Abrams tanks( no tank in Nigeria's inventory can penetrate the composite armor of the Abrams) .that is the main battle tank of the US army.we on the other hand have an army whose equipment look exactly like those of the Hutu and tsusti rebels.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by lacasa: 12:18am On Jul 07, 2013
Nigeria is an african power? Cos of some old army drills grin

Google a country called EGYPT and see what military might looks like.

#...Afican power in the 70's u mean!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by amAZEing: 8:11am On Jul 07, 2013
bloggernaija:
Egypt has 1130 Abrams tanks...

that is the main battle tank of the US army..

softly type lies abeg. Out of 9,000+ Abrams M1 Tanks in produced so far majority dey for US Army inventry. Others dey Australia, NATO countries etc
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2013
#faints
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by homerac7: 8:55am On Jul 07, 2013
bloggernaija: All these antiquated equipment from the days of king solomon and an army that lack discipline( only good at fighting police ).
Only 5 apache(egypt has 36 battle ready apache) will destroy everything Nigeria's in her inventory and mop up the rest within 2 weeks.
The navy is another basket case with all those NNS fishing boats and patrol canoes.
The 20th century battlefield requires a fast ,nimble and mobile force ready to deploy within a short period.
One British type 45 destroyer is enough to hold the entire nigerian coast.once it cast a net,nothing must move whether in the air or on water.advanced radar systems ensures that it will detect anything as big as a small can of milo and sophisticated guidance system ensures that the target is destroyed .
Egypt has 1130 Abrams tanks( no tank in Nigeria's inventory can penetrate the composite armor of the Abrams) .that is the main battle tank of the US army.we on the other hand have an army whose equipment look exactly like those of the Hutu and tsusti rebels.

It is true that Nigerian armed forces equipment are mostly antiques not befitting modern fighting force. But sir, I will like to ask you, how many navies in the world sail the Royal Navy's type 45 destroyers grade vessel? How many of it does Britain have commissioned presently? Egypt is threatened by highly advanced Israel and potentially by other heavily armed Arab neighbours Who should Nigeria stock A1 tanks for... Togo, Benin, Cameroon or Niger Republic? Apache is a great machine, but what do you know about the newly acquired Hind gunships in NAF inventory? Do you know NAF has SEPACAT Jaguars in stock?...so why not find out why they are not "tearing" the skies over Mali and Borno thereby allowing the lesser Alpha jets to steal the glorious show?

Yes, Nigerian military equipment is a disgrace, but let your disappointment be an informed one.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by solomon111(m): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2013
lacasa: Nigeria is an african power? Cos of some old army drills grin

Google a country called EGYPT and see what military might looks like.

#...Afican power in the 70's u mean!
oh pls shut up.
Where will the Egyptian military be without US military aid?
How many of those hardwares were bought with egyptian dollars?
Without the $2billion annual military aid,the egyptian army is non-existent.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by solomon111(m): 9:02am On Jul 07, 2013
Symphony007: This culture of jonathan wearing military uniform is getting too much and it is wrong. This is a democracy and one of the greatest symbol of that is a civilian commander in chief to ordering a uniformed armed forces. Even north korea with all it's propagander and gosses stepping soildeirs, their leader does not wearing military atire.
Say who?
Why should you copy others?
Why can't you develop your own brand of democracy that works for you?
The practice of democracy is not constant.
The fact that the C-in-C wears military suits during military programmes does not make him any less democratic.
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 07, 2013
amAZEing:

softly type lies abeg. Out of 9,000+ Abrams M1 Tanks in produced so far majority dey for US Army inventry. Others dey Australia, NATO countries etc

dont argue on what you dont know..

educate yourself here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment_of_the_modern_Egyptian_Army
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by lacasa: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2013
solomon111: oh pls shut up.
Where will the Egyptian military be without US military aid?
How many of those hardwares were bought with egyptian dollars?
Without the $2billion annual military aid,the egyptian army is non-existent.

You STFU!!!

Who 4kin cares where or who finacedd the military

The topix is callin Nigeria an african ppowwer cos of this old war drills n i'm tellin him egypt is strongeer militarily, and u eediat have to type like a big foo.l to my comment.

By the way, how much aid does nigeria get from the us? in a year??.

Foo.l
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by homesteady(m): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2013
bloggernaija: All these antiquated equipment from the days of king solomon and an army that lack discipline( only good at fighting police ).

Please it is army day!! Not navy or airforce day!!
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by JackBaueress(f): 11:21am On Jul 07, 2013
If i hear anyone calling my President a Retardeen eh..... tongue
Re: Nigeria Is An African Power: Pictures by rapheaders: 11:34am On Jul 07, 2013
one thing so noticeable about this otueke shoeless guy is that he is so insecure and suffering from chronic inferiority complex. obj don't need to wear military attire to stamp his authority and dismantle the ranks of the green boys not to make them think about coup anymore.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Awards Pedestrian Bridges, Roads and Stadium To Be Completed Within 30 Weeks / A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! / How Northern Nigeria's Violent History Explains Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.