Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars (21015 Views)

Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. / Election For New Pope To Begin On Tuesday / Catholic Pope To Be Charged To Court (ICC, Hague) For Crimes Against Humanity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by italo: 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel: The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed.

smiley

Why dont you lead by example?
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel: The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed.

smiley
lols..u sabi calculate o....op u add d 1z wey dey my village ma.....mumu
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by visafoneng: 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2013

smiley
Mind you this is the same church that has done the most philanthropic services since the inception of mankind. Schools, hospitals etc. We can see a lot of their work in Africa. They don't need to prove any point to you.

8 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by missystephen: 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
The pope just hit the nail straight, our pastors and men of God seldom use 'humble' things again, they prefer to go with the trend. They will always want to back up their excessive and flamboyance with a verse from the scripture. In most cases, aside catholic priests and a few others, they engage in fashion parade every sunday; new clothes, shoes etc cleanliness is next to Godliness we all know, but everything should be in moderation. May God help us all, to spend more on those who do not have and live a less expensive and christian life.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by oluagness(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
truth is bitter. He uses commercial jet.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
I'm sure he meant something like this !

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Ayatullah(m): 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
This Pope will soon accept Islam.........ride on Brother Francis!!!
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by successking: 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pope, you are correct, the money ought to be spent on charity rather than flashy cars and jets.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by othenok(f): 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by chinedum45(m): 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
Thank you his holiness pope Francis. I totally support what u have said but it is worthy of note that most of these priests get these cars as gift. In that case what should they do....i love the humble life of this pope.....read more about him via google.....Long live the church
long live the Pope
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by born2boink(m): 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
fredoooooo: VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis said on Saturday it pained him to see priests driving flashy cars, and told them to pick something more "humble".

As part of his drive to make the Catholic Church more austere and focus on the poor, Francis told young and trainee priests and nuns from around the world that having the latest smartphone or fashion accessory was not the route to happiness.

"It hurts me when I see a priest or a nun with the latest model car, you can't do this," he said.
"A car is necessary to do a lot of work, but please, choose a more humble one. If you like the fancy one, just think about how many children are dying of hunger in the world," he said.

Since succeeding Pope Benedict in March, the former cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina has eschewed some of the more ostentatious trappings of his office and has chosen to live in a Vatican guest house rather than the opulent papal apartments.

The ANSA news agency said the pope's car of choice for moving around the walled Vatican City was a compact Ford Focus.

(Reporting By Catherine Hornby; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)

http://news.yahoo.com/jesus-drive-pope-tells-priests-buy-humble-cars-183903106.html
cars keh? When naija pastors are doing jet competition

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Pontaboki: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
Sorry,the World is rejecting Islam just as Egypt recently did by Sacking Jihadist Morsi.
Ayatullah: This Pope will soon accept Islam.........ride on Brother Francis!!!
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Maidoki14(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
By thanking ur family,is dis an achivement??
jackbauersballs: Humble cars

Doesn't he know men of God don't use cars anymore?

He should be telling them to buy Humble jets grin grin

Meanwhile...Glory be to God on this most joyous and glorious of occasions...a day where he has deemed it fit to bless my hustle...and crown my posting endeavours with pole position on this thread

All praise be to Jehovah. I would also like to shout out to my mummy and my daddy...and my headmaster Mr Friday

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
cry cry cry my dear, ur hatred for the church is really deep in ur hrt! Just be careful and say what u knw about pple and things.
Just sad right now,lost a childhood frnd(a seminarian whom we all are looking forward to when he will be ordained a priest) killed by armed robbers at d wee hours of the monin in Enugu! *sad and hrt broken* Adieu my frnd! Gudnyt till we meet again,sure,death is Inevitable for evry man! Eternal Rest grant to his soul O Lord,and let ur perpetual light shine upon him ! RIPP chuboy *crying*

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Paschal360: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
pro01:

For security reasons, not to show off.

Yea right, says how much trust and faith he has in God's protection. Not very inspiring.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by amanda2013(f): 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
prayer for frosbel in distress! Pls dnt neglect to say a word of prayer 4 frosbel cos he nids it. And one shuld help me tel hm to leave catholic church alone cos he is too small to fight the church of CHRIST.[quote author=frosbel][/quote]prayer for frosbel in distress! Pls dnt neglect to say a word of prayer 4 frosbel cos he nids it. And one shuld help me tel hm to leave catholic church alone cos he is too small to fight the church of CHRIST.

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
My dear d pope owns no jet,uses commercial airlines ok. I guess u were not listening to the commentators d day he was elected,all they could describe him as was *a humble fellow*
nairaman66: In all honesty- Are there humble cars these days? The Pope goes on a jet, yet wants his followers to go with simple cars.. Hmmm!

Unless he proves a point contrary to mine.. I'll stick to the former.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Chinex911: 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
Dominos vonbiscum...........long live the pope.....nigerian priest are so guilty now they ve started using ipad during mass.........m still a proud catholic
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by achi4u(m): 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2013

smiley
why must we sale our gold?

is to please ur hungry mog?
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by cecegorz(m): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Our Babalawos walk on bare foot for more than 10 miles. and here christian priests travel in pvt. jets. sikkkkkkkkk
Why won't they trek when their gods are trees and animals?
Infact they will soon start crawling for 20miles. And you adherents will likely join them.

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Syncan(m): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
Paschal360:

Yea right, says how much trust and faith he has in God's protection. Not very inspiring.

And you are not aware he started with discarding that bullet proof? Pope francis was never in it.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Mystery11(m): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ayatullah: This Pope will soon accept Islam.........ride on Brother Francis!!!

Wake up dude.In your dream.

Check the records.More muslim are embracing Christianity.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Valto(m): 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
nice one!
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by PStacks(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
God Bless the Pope. Just that he doesn't know that our Nigerian Pastors no longer use cars ooo. Private Jets is the order of the day..

1st service, 2nd service, 3rd service and 20th service. (Tithe and offering in all oo)

Hausa service, ibo service, yoruba service, french service (tithe and offering in all oo)

Monday prayer meeting
Teusday digging deep
Wednesday bible study
Thursday choir practice and workers meeting
Friday prophetic ministration.
Saturday cleaning the church
Sunday. 1st service, 2nd 3rd and 5th..

Oh! Madness , religion and corruption must have a meeting point.

Pope, pls ooo, we don't deal in cars in naija oo. We deal in jets..
Our pastors have a Humble Jet.

The pope is old school, our Naija Jet age Pastors use Jets ooo.. While congregation no see garri soak oo.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by nora544: 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
P.Stacks:
God Bless the Pope. Just that he doesn't know that our Nigerian Pastors no longer use cars ooo. Private Jets is the order of the day..

1st service, 2nd service, 3rd service and 20th service. (Tithe and offering in all oo)

Hausa service, ibo service, yoruba service, french service (tithe and offering in all oo)

Monday prayer meeting
Teusday digging deep
Wednesday bible study
Thursday choir practice and workers meeting
Friday prophetic ministration.
Saturday cleaning the church
Sunday. 1st service, 2nd 3rd and 5th..

Oh! Madness , religion and corruption must have a meeting point.

Pope, pls ooo, we don't deal in cars in naija oo. We deal in jets..
Our pastors have a Humble Jet.

The pope is old school, our Naija Jet age Pastors use Jets ooo.. While congregation no see garri soak oo.

when you have time to work that you can pay your tithe and the offerings
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nuzo1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
"If there is anyone who's living the work of the New Testament, it's the nuns of the Catholic church and not the Catholic hierarchy" - Anna Quindlen
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Lakayanah: 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Our Babalawos walk on bare foot for more than 10 miles. and here christian priests travel in pvt. jets. sikkkkkkkkk
Their eyes never open make e open make you see America wonder. Na small small e dey start.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by confusion247(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
donpeluchi: This is how a leader should think.. God bless our Pope
That's to protect him from jihadist, remember they shot pope John Paul 11.

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by dom(m): 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
jackbauersballs: Humble cars

Doesn't he know men of God don't use cars anymore?

He should be telling them to buy Humble jets grin grin

Meanwhile...Glory be to God on this most joyous and glorious of occasions...a day where he has deemed it fit to bless my hustle...and crown my posting endeavours with pole position on this thread

All praise be to Jehovah. I would also like to shout out to my mummy and my daddy...and my headmaster Mr Friday

you write pretty good English. Terse but impactful. Nice one.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Maduafokwa(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
Paschal360: But the pope uses bullet proof cars.

This pope does not use the bullet proof car. He ditched it for a new pope mobile without any form of bullet proof protection, or bullet proof glass.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Expensiveman: 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
Man of God tell them pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex Boko Haram Leader, Now Converted To The Christian, Fingers Ibb And Others / T.B. Joshua Predicts Death Of African Leader In 60 Days / Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.