Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars (21013 Views)

Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. / Election For New Pope To Begin On Tuesday / Catholic Pope To Be Charged To Court (ICC, Hague) For Crimes Against Humanity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Msgamble: 1:18am On Jul 08, 2013
Ayatullah:
You don`t represent the world..........even the Pope love Morsi, you can only reject Islam at your own peril. Be wise Brother.
POPE loves moursi? FYM,seem to me u're stuck with NTA,even Coptic Pope Tawardos condemed him on last wednesday accusing him of marginlisation, saying few yrs back that xtianity rise from 8mil to 12mil ppl in the last decade..no wonder ppl in Tunisia, Egpty, Turkey are protest against islamist rule n sharia law in the constitution
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by DeAfricana: 1:23am On Jul 08, 2013
thats a leader
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by caukerzee(m): 1:28am On Jul 08, 2013
scarletdp: Some ppl sef... If he says buy luxury cars u will complain, he says dnt buy u complain,
F he sells all d church has n gives 2d poor u will say y dint d money go to poor of other countries, mehn giv us. A break, d bullet proof car isn't his d nxt pope dt coms will use it. Its nt his 2keep, d pope flies alitalia a commercial plane, one simple question for pentecostal dudes, if jesus is in d world today will he own a private jet,
and tell me you re 100percent sure he wount?
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by trolling(m): 1:29am On Jul 08, 2013
how clueless and dumb can this people be,if you knew anything about the vatican,its cardinals,Popes,you would be infuriated, make una no worry the East gat some surprise for the Vatican,read your bible men
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by kraftykc(m): 1:55am On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel: The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed.

smiley

I am catholic and I agree with what you saying dude, the church has too much money and indulges in too frivolities like art which gulps millions. As the Pope said, there are children starving.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by subzero2(m): 4:41am On Jul 08, 2013
xynerise:
Peugeot 504
And baby Opel
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by dovemart(m): 6:03am On Jul 08, 2013
k2039: Something like this
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZIp-ddbM4H-R16J6rljUu8v0snRhWGwq4dToMyo2B_tJykF4w[/img]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyIfXvkBT8t__ZKQ8-cJkG0CWs3olUPi3_alCwiVL80G7e_M_C5w[/img]
Its a lie. That car you see there was used by the late Pope John Paul II. You know he was shot, so that glass was a sort of Bullet-proof. Don't paint a bad picture of the catholic Church.

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by andyzoga: 6:26am On Jul 08, 2013
oluagness: truth is bitter. He uses commercial jet.
So,tell us about Shepherd 1 &2.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Dnaz(m): 7:01am On Jul 08, 2013
andyzoga: So,tell us about Shepherd 1 &2.

shepherd 1 is a call sign 4 any commercial jet d Pope is flying on, he uses alitalia whenever he leaves d Vatican and den d commercial jet of d country he visited wen he is coming back. I repeat Shepherd 1 n 2 is a call sign not s private jet of d Vatican
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Ribaman(m): 7:34am On Jul 08, 2013
Clearly, this Argentine man has never heard of Nigerian priests! Dem go fit listen so? They have forgotten the example of the Irish missionaries.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by italo: 7:56am On Jul 08, 2013
Riba_man: Clearly, this Argentine man has never heard of Nigerian priests! Dem go fit listen so? They have forgotten the example of the Irish missionaries.

Be prudent with your words.

There are many many many Nigerian priests who avoid the more expensive things, even when parishioners offer them as gifts.

They are in the majority.

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Ifedechidex: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2013
2goodbobo: Dear Pope, in this part of the world,some are using jets and planes. Please come and admonish them.

#teamhumble#

if u have a problem wit dat, hit d road n drive to he'll
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by uju22(f): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2013
God bless u pope francis
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Edunwa302(m): 10:40am On Jul 08, 2013
I knew it from the day of his coronation that he came to serve with the obedience and fear of God long life pope francis
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by shumax: 11:13am On Jul 08, 2013
drake2005:

Brainwashed African id$iot. You think this people care iota about you? This people championed slavery...catholic church admitted to participating in slave trade...this is a factual statement and papacy admitted it. IT'S ON RECORD.
oga stop lying ooooo, the catholic church only apologised for not being very firm and forceful in stoping it, she never accepted being part of slave trade why do you guys like spreading lies and you call yourself christians
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by shumax: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Kaycee7(m): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2013
kraftykc:

I am catholic and I agree with what you saying dude, the church has too much money and indulges in too frivolities like art which gulps millions. As the Pope said, there are children starving.
For your mind, you be CATHOLIC. Go research your faith well.

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by trolling(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2013
Edunwa302: I knew it from the day of his coronation that he came to serve with the obedience and fear of God long life pope francis
E be like say u know dey read bible haven't you heard of Abomination of desolation
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Kaycee7(m): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel: The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed.

smiley
I'm sorry, please. Which assets and gold reserves are you talking about?
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
mascot87:
Thank God you said god not God.

Nigerians use proof for prove,god for God and a staff for a staff member...English is hard.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by gbishman: 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
The pope is very very right. I translation of this is for people in need to be able to access pastors, priest easily. Why should a priest have 10 cars do u know the number of lives he could touch with that number. Be humble and simple this is the way. Jesus christ rode on a donkey and not in a chariot when enterng the city. Thats humility
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Ubenedictus(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
just a little correction, pope francis doesn't use bullet poof popemobile, since the retirement of pope benedict the pope mobile has been open-air.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
[/quote]frosbel: The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed.

The catholic church in the US alone spends more than $5.6billion on free healthcare.

In 2002, Catholic health care systems, overseeing 625 hospitals with a combined revenue of 30 billion dollars, comprised the nation's largest group of nonprofit systems.[19] In 2008, the cost of running these hospitals had risen to $84.6 billion, including the $5.7 billion they donate.[20] According to the Catholic Health Association of the United States, 60 health care systems, on average, admit one in six patients nationwide each year[quote]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_in_the_United_States

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Kaycee7(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
Okeikpu: WETIN BE 5BILLION? E PASS 70 BILLION...DON'T FORGET ALL THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES AROUND THE WORLD BELONGS TO THEM.... ASSUMING THEY DECIDE TO SALE THEM ::/
Wait a second? are you counting church buildings as assets? Where are we supposed to worship after selling the buildings?
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Kaycee7(m): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
cecegorz:
Don't mind Pope Francis.
Dude lives in a walled Vatican city, fully independent of Italian government's taxation.
If he declares the assets he controls, Forbes will apologize for all the Billionaire lists they've been publishing.
If he truly cares for the poor, he knows what to do.
Parish priests definitely deserve ordinary luxury cars, they've given up all just to serve God and humanity.
And I`m still asking, which assets?
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Kaycee7(m): 6:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
peppy luv: cry cry cry my dear, ur hatred for the church is really deep in ur hrt! Just be careful and say what u knw about pple and things.
Just sad right now,lost a childhood frnd(a seminarian whom we all are looking forward to when he will be ordained a priest) killed by armed robbers at d wee hours of the monin in Enugu! *sad and hrt broken* Adieu my frnd! Gudnyt till we meet again,sure,death is Inevitable for evry man! Eternal Rest grant to his soul O Lord,and let ur perpetual light shine upon him ! RIPP chuboy *crying*
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of GOD rest in peace.
Take Heart Peppy.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Kaycee7(m): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
drake2005:

Brainwashed African id$iot. You think this people care iota about you? This people championed slavery...catholic church admitted to participating in slave trade...this is a factual statement and papacy admitted it. IT'S ON RECORD.
Whats your religion?
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by alextayo(m): 1:49am On Jul 09, 2013
nairaman66: In all honesty- Are there humble cars these days? The Pope goes on a jet, yet wants his followers to go with simple cars.. Hmmm!

Unless he proves a point contrary to mine.. I'll stick to the former.. undecided

@nairacam66.....at times i wonder why kids are allowed to comment on sensitive issues. Have you ever seen anybody travel the world or cross the ocean with simple cars. Next time reson like an adult.

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by italo: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2013
alextayo:

@nairacam66.....at times i wonder why kids are allowed to comment on sensitive issues. Have you ever seen anybody travel the world or cross the ocean with simple cars. Next time reson like an adult.

Seconded!
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Ribaman(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2013
italo:

Be prudent with your words.

There are many many many Nigerian priests who avoid the more expensive things, even when parishioners offer them as gifts.

They are in the majority.

Prudence?!?!?!?
Thats what is destroying a lot of great ideas and institutions in today's world.
I love my church enough to be able to say or point out her problems.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by italo: 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
Riba_man:

Prudence?!?!?!?
Thats what is destroying a lot of great ideas and institutions in today's world.
I love my church enough to be able to say or point out her problems.

My brother, prudence does not mean silence.

To "point out" is different from 'exaggerating' the situation...which, I think, is what you did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex Boko Haram Leader, Now Converted To The Christian, Fingers Ibb And Others / T.B. Joshua Predicts Death Of African Leader In 60 Days / Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.