Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars (21023 Views)

Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. / Election For New Pope To Begin On Tuesday / Catholic Pope To Be Charged To Court (ICC, Hague) For Crimes Against Humanity! (2) (3) (4)

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by NEROSKY(m): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
I like this Pope. He practices what he
preaches. It is all about credibility.

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by itsik(m): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
U people aren't even mentioning the major point he raised. Its not about humble cars or jets. He said, "when u want to buy this kinda expensive, flashy of cars remember that there are some out there hungry. Who can't even see a meal in two days" that's just it.

They shld help poor and hungry people not enriching themselves. Even the scripture said it, JESUS refused to send the crowd away hungry. He made them sit down. And fed them, his flock. He didn't multiply the fish and the bread for himself and his deciples, he gave it to the hungry and starving.
That's the message.

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Every pastor who owns a private jet has question marks on his head.

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by point5: 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ehhhyaa mayb he should com 2 9jrria n see 4 him sef hw pastors n dignified pipo in church lavish moni on material tinz..St.Vincent d'poor..hep d poor.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Okeikpu(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
ritux: My parish priest uses a clean Venza and 2011 Camry. I wonder how he got them.
u dey talk like say ube small pikin..sad Na u dey keep all d offering moni? Not talk of bazzar, handout n donations..
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by DECOtech(m): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
Jack Baueress: Can someone please tell me types of humble cars we have?
humble Volvo,bettles,504evolution, bluebird 1.8GL and so on and so forth.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by nairaman66(m): 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
In all honesty- Are there humble cars these days? The Pope goes on a jet, yet wants his followers to go with simple cars.. Hmmm!

Unless he proves a point contrary to mine.. I'll stick to the former.. undecided
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by polipompom: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
As true followers of Christ, HUMILITY shd b our watchword. God bless u our SUPREME PONTIFF.

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by dlox147(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel: The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed.

How else are they xpected to carry out charitable functions without generating more money? meanwhile the Pope was refering to the priest of the CHURCH(Catholic) and not your so called pastors...thanks..

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by kalufelix(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
arch bishop na miliki
pope na enjoyment...

Arch bishop dey 4 london
pope dey 4 rome o
imam dey 4 mecca
suffer suffer 4 world
enjoy 4 heaven....*continues playin ma fela*

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by felipemadero(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
jackbauersballs: Humble cars

Doesn't he know men of God don't use cars anymore?

He should be telling them to buy Humble jets grin grin

Meanwhile...Glory be to God on this most joyous and glorious of occasions...a day where he has deemed it fit to bless my hustle...and crown my posting endeavours with pole position on this thread

All praise be to Jehovah. I would also like to shout out to my mummy and my daddy...and my headmaster Mr Friday

Mr.Seun needs 2 create a thread 4 1st comments palava thins,so we'll know how many people have bin d 1st 2 comment since nairaland's inception...I smh
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
More blessing Sir. Lead by example.All nigerian Pastors will have a big quastion to answer in d judgement day .

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by bingbagbo(m): 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by MrAladin: 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
Okeikpu: u dey talk like say ube small pikin..sad Na u dey keep all d offering moni? Not talk of bazzar, handout n donations..
sorry to say with all due respect u are d biggest cl¤wn of d century.. Any thing a priest has is giving to hinm by d church.. D church commitee takes care of d offering

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by yuzedo: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
jackbauersballs: Humble cars

Doesn't he know men of God don't use cars anymore?

He should be telling them to buy Humble jets grin grin

Meanwhile...Glory be to God on this most joyous and glorious of occasions...a day where he has deemed it fit to bless my hustle...and crown my posting endeavours with pole position on this thread

All praise be to Jehovah. I would also like to shout out to my mummy and my daddy...and my headmaster Mr Friday

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by blackmann(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Now we all know things have really gone out of hand.....the rate at which this is going, I can bet my Xmas dinner that by the end of the year, some of the people's new year resolution will be to be "first to comment"
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Okeikpu(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel: The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed.

WETIN BE 5BILLION? E PASS 70 BILLION...DON'T FORGET ALL THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES AROUND THE WORLD BELONGS TO THEM.... ASSUMING THEY DECIDE TO SALE THEM ::/

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by toluxe0075: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
point5: Ehhhyaa mayb he should com 2 9jrria n see 4 him sef hw pastors n dignified pipo in church lavish moni on material tinz..St.Vincent d'poor..hep d poor.
he is talking to the Rev.fathers n not pastors besides i'v not heard of a catholic bishop in nigeria owning a private jet in nigeria

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by olenyi: 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
nairaman66: In all honesty- Are there humble cars these days? The Pope goes on a jet, yet wants his followers to go with simple cars.. Hmmm!

Unless he proves a point contrary to mine.. I'll stick to the former.. undecided

He drives a ford focus, and uses commercial jets. Not a personal one. The church can afford ten jets if he so wants. And the new ''M class pope mobile'' was a gift from diemlar chrysler.

Regards.

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by cecegorz(m): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2013

Don't mind Pope Francis.
Dude lives in a walled Vatican city, fully independent of Italian government's taxation.
If he declares the assets he controls, Forbes will apologize for all the Billionaire lists they've been publishing.
If he truly cares for the poor, he knows what to do.
Parish priests definitely deserve ordinary luxury cars, they've given up all just to serve God and humanity.

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by harryolt: 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
[quote author=frosbel]The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed.

is that what u tink??
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Techwriter: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pope moves about with a customized bullet proof car and someone said its for protection. Well I agree with that. There are also reasons behind the private jets pastors fly these days. One of them is for safety. We lost Pst Bimbo Odukoya becos of these. Another is for speed in executing mission work instead of queuing for flight in the airport. Its not to show off. If u know the number of people under scholarship of these men u criticize u will keep quiet.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
It is impossible to calculate the wealth of the Roman Catholic Church. In truth, the church itself likely could not answer that question, even if it wished to.

Its investments and spending are kept secret. Its real estate and art have not been properly evaluated, since the church would never sell them.

There is no doubt, however, that between the church’s priceless art, land, gold and investments across the globe, it is one of the wealthiest institutions on Earth.

Since 313 A.D., when Catholicism became the official religion of the Roman Empire, its power has been in near-constant growth.

The church was able to acquire land, most notably the Papal States surrounding Rome, convert pagan temples and claim relics for itself. Over 300 years, it became one of Europe’s largest landowners.

For the next thousand years, tithes and tributes flowed in from all over Europe. Non-Christians and even fellow Christians were killed and their property confiscated. For example, the Fourth Crusade and the sack of Constantinople in the early 13th century brought it gold, money and jewels.

But by the beginning of the 20th century, the church had faced several hundred years of turbulence. Protestantism had claimed many of its members. The French Revolution at the end of the 18th century outlawed the church and though Napoleon allowed it to return, his relationship with various popes was stormy.

Despite this, the church retained great influence in Europe and the Jesuit order focused on missionary work, spreading Catholicism to other countries.

In the 1870s, the Papal States were annexed by the new kingdom of Italy and the pope’s territorial influence dwindled to the Vatican.

In 1929, the Church received compensation for its lost land in an agreement with the fascist regime of Benito Mussolini. Under the Lateran Accords, it was paid about $92-million and, in return, recognized his government.

Investing that money helped fill the Holy See’s coffers, ensuring its financial security.

According to Britain’s Guardian newspaper, the nest egg has grown to at least $655-million.

The Vatican’s portfolio includes property in London, including the building housing Bulgari Jewelers, and apartment buildings in Paris and Switzerland.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03/08/wealth-of-roman-catholic-church-impossible-to-calculate/
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel: The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed. smiley
Let naija sell its own assets 1st

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by myners007: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
what the pope implies is for minnisters to change their lifestyle to dat of humility as demonstrated by christ while he was on earth.its rather shameful to see religious leaders of today living flamboyantly at the expense of their followers. Pope pls thank u for bringing people back on the right track.long live d pope

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Lordave: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
On the other news, Oritsejafor has urged Nigerian pastors to purchase more sumptuous private jets as they prepare to meet in their first annual Nigerian pastors pitave jets show off in Abuja.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Blesoul(f): 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
The Pope has make a gud point. Am proud to be a CATHOLIC...

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by julioralph(m): 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
Good point by the Pope.
Mr Frosbel, what exactly is ur problem huh?
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by SwitnessA(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
Jack Baueress: Can someone please tell me types of humble cars we have?
1986 Volkswagen.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
Our Babalawos walk on bare foot for more than 10 miles. and here christian priests travel in pvt. jets. sikkkkkkkkk
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by pbling: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
who do dey wana trill?papa if onli dey ll listen

T.B. Joshua Predicts Death Of African Leader In 60 Days / 14-Year-Old Orphan Thrown Out By Her Aunt Over Witchcraft Allegation. Photos / Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong?