Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko (1212 Views)

OBJ @ 79: Generations Will Remain Grateful To Obasanjo – Buhari / South West Will Vote Massively For Jonathan — Mimiko / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by teejayreal(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2013

Governor Olusegun Mimiko of State Governor has commended President Goodluck Jonathan for taking the initiative to reconstruct the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, which he described as the busiest in Africa.

Mimiko described the move as an indication that the Jonathan’s led government is sensitive and has good intentions.

Jonathan had on Friday inaugurated the reconstruction of the road, which will gulp N167bn; the road is expected to reach completion by 2017.

The governor in a statement issued in Akure on Saturday by his Commissioner for information, Mr. Kayode Akinmade, lauded the Federal Government for the move.

He said, “The generation unborn will remain grateful to the Jonathan administration for the total overhauling of the road which has overtime become a death trap.

“This step is indeed noble and the name of this administration has no doubt been written in gold for taking the bull by the horn and ensuring a lasting solution is found to the death trap called Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

“Quite a number of lives have been wasted on this road because of its bad state and at last, President Jonathan has provided the solution that hitherto seemed elusive to make the road safe for use.”

Mimiko noted that the advantage of a good Lagos-Ibadan Expressway to the health and economy of the nation could not be over emphasized.

Mimiko said, “A road that is used by an estimated 250,000 vehicles daily is too important to be left in bad shape especially if the over 600 lives said to have been lost on the road in 2012 alone should be taken into consideration.”

The governor while noting that the reconstruction of the road would be a major achievement to be recorded by any government in the country added that the credit for the project should be given to President Jonathan.

He therefore called on the President to ensure that the project was professionally handled and delivered on time.

He also appealed to road users to take cognisance of the repair and drive more carefully on the road.

Source: http://adevision..com/2013/07/lagos-ibadan-reconstruction-generation.html
Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by koruji(m): 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gov. Mimiko talks like something is wrong with him these days. From colluding with GEJ/Jang to attempt to destroy the NGF to this nonsensical statement - may be his generation wants to be beholding to GEJ, but not the rest of us.

Let me warn everybody that is jumping on the bandwagon of the deceitful president called GEJ to hold their horses until the Lagos-Ibadan road work is actually done. [size=14pt]As far as I can see this is another of GEJ's gimmicks to justify the massive billions of dollars he is about to borrow from China. I am prepared to be wrong, but his antecedents suggest to me that once those billions are in Nigeria's kitty the Lagos-Ibadan road will be abandoned for non-payment.[/size] It is this same gimmick, that is in my opinion behind the sudden highlighting of projects being done in Nigeria by the Chinese for the FG.

I have simply not seen any evidence to trust GEJ anymore. Until then, it is arms akinbo for me.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by mankand(m): 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
Are these goons for real

they act as if they are doing nigerians a favour. This was part of their responsibility but unfortunately they all took the other way round

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
Let GEJ just get it delivered even if it is part of 2015 southwest politics !!!

Delivery is the most important !!!
Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pls i don't get it, is this project completed or its about to start. The noise surrounding this is unbelievable.

Btw how many times has the pdp commission this road
Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by daa1(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Greetful for what? For spending our money? For doing what he supposed to be doing? Or is he is money that is using to pay for the construction. Enough of noise making please. It's his responsibility Mimiko, get busy to do what u r elected to do and stop this ur PR job or resign and take job as Jonathan's spoke person

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
God bless Mamiko for being sincere. GEJ you're a blessing to the masses. Carry go sir

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by Horus(m): 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
mankand: Are these goons for real

they act as if they are doing nigerians a favour. This was part of their responsibility but unfortunately they all took the other way round

You are right, Nigerians dont have to be grateful for something that should be done. It is the first duty of any government to build descent road to protect the public against road accidents. Claiming that Nigerians have to be grateful is an insult to all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by mankand(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
chidindufrank: God bless Mamiko for being sincere. GEJ you're a blessing to the masses. Carry go sir

here comes another Jonadatft ass licker. How much did you sell your vote in the last election? You need to stop displaying your bigotry on nairaland.

He is not doing nigerians any favour it is rather his responsibility

wakeup to that fact

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
mankand:

here comes another Jonadatft ass licker. How much did you sell your vote in the last election? You need to stop displaying your bigotry on nairaland.

He is not doing nigerians any favour it is rather his responsibility

wakeup to that fact
for 35 solid years all your past leaders left the road to rot,but GEJ is fixing it today yet, you're not grateful. When would you and your types learn how to appreciate good things so that goodies would continue to flow? GEJ is working and he deserves all the thank you sir we are saying to him.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by hardniola(m): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
dat road they say is d busiest in africa
true /false.
Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by bloggernaija: 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mimiko is a confirmed idiotas. A military boy boy and a lokilly .the type of politician who can only win an election with the votes of functional iliterates .car park project ,town halls ,motor parks etc.the sort of project you would expect from a politician lacking IMAGINATION.how about planting a billion cocoa tree ,500 million oil palm seedlings ,lining the coast with 500 million cocoanut trees,100 million cashew trees in akoko .what locking up the depleted forest reserve of yoyr state for the next 30 year so that it can recover from over exploitation.
he is serving his term and you can be rest assured, his party and political significance ends at the end of his term.
We should be grateful to this do-nothing president who only just deem it fit to construct a road in the busiest and most strategic industrial /commercial corridor in the country after spending 4years as president and wasting gazbillions of the country's resources on nothing.
Yes he is constructing six lane road up to shagamu on credit card.
Fashola is constructing two 10 lane super highway at the same time fom money generated through the dint of hardwork
That is what you call national planning .planning for the future.
Not this village road .
Mimiko should look around his hometown and compare the well planned ,graceful and victorian old part of town with the haphazard and ugly newer parts with socalled modern architecture.
Those new parts expose an inherent dysfunction and a lack of institutions .

N:B I HAVE STUDIED FASHOLA AND THE THOUGHT PROCESS OF PEOPLE LIKE HIM FOR A FEW YEARS IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THE INNER WORKINGS OF HIS MIND AND BRAINS.
FASHOLA WOULD NOT BE BUILDING A 6 LANE ROAD.
HE WOULD HAVE BUILT AT LEAST A 10 LANE SUPER HIGHWAY ALL THE WAY TO IBADAN WITH A COMMUTER HIGHSPEED RAIL NETWORK BETWEEN THE TWO CITIES.
DOING JUST THAT WOULD NOT ONLY IMPROVE THE WELLBEING OF UP TO ONE QUARTER OF THE COUNTRY'S POPULATION,IT WILL INCREASE THE WEALTH OF THE COUNTRY.
THAT IS WHAT WE WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR NOT THE NONSENSE OF BUILDING A CHEAP WATER FOUNTAIN AND PAINTING EVERYWHERE A TACKY ORANGE LIKE WHAT THIS MEDIOCRE MIMIKO IS DOING.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by mankand(m): 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
chidindufrank: for 35 solid years all your past leaders left the road to rot,but GEJ is fixing it today yet, you're not grateful. When would you and your types learn how to appreciate good things so that goodies would continue to flow? GEJ is working and he deserves all the thank you sir we are saying to him.

Okay you did not only sell your vote, I guess you are also on his payroll so if I will ask how much is he paying you?

Where were you when Obasanjo did some renovations on the same road you claimed was untouched for 35 years. FYI federal government have been budgeting gruesome allocations annually for the renovation of the same road including the goon you are celebrating.

He only needed to justify the 3 billion dollar loan he is acquiring from china which is why he is deceiving goons like you on this project.

Moreover, it is yet to begin, why not wait until he finishes the road. Oh I remembered he said the construction is going to take 4 years which means another 4 year tenure he is indirectly requesting for you all to keep licking his assessment.

I wonder how you guys reason
Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by tomakint: 5:00am On Jul 08, 2013
I concur absolutely with my Governor, Mimiko on this one!
Re: Lagos-ibadan: The Generation Unborn Will Remain Grateful To Jonathan – Mimiko by jjcbuthot: 8:35am On Jul 08, 2013
Obiagelli: Pls i don't get it, is this project completed or its about to start. The noise surrounding this is unbelievable.

Btw how many times has the pdp commission this road

That tells you how sincere they are - it is all politics of 2015.

And hear the dullard governor of ondo state. Is GEJ doing us a favour by rehabilitating the road? What is the responsibility of GEJ to Nigerians if not to provide amenities and infrastructure for the people? Why do we pay him N1b for food annually? Why do we pay in huge salary with all other perks of office if not to create conducive environment for people?

I have never seen where a serious government makes noise and throwing party over commencement of a project. Finish the project first and you can decide to party till election day - stu.pid people.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Adopt New Methods Now Package IEDs In School Bags For Suicide Bombers / Shocking Revelation.Amosun reveals Gbenga Daniel Is From Delta State / Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.