Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:05 AM

Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 (374343 Views)

Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 / Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2014 Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Madawaki01(m): 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
gambudu: nigerianbestforum.com, dere is a group on whatsapp and facebook for NDA and DSSC discussion.Ask madawaki01 for d rest angry
i heard my name
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by adoubleu(f): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Kciano, i am a Christian, hence I don't swear by anything or anyone according to God's commandment, so u'll have to take my word for it. From the inception of this thread,I have read a lot of comments of people on this thread about how impossible it is to get into the NAF or any Government owned institution(for that matter) without knowing an "Oga @ d top" or without having a God father. I chose not to respond to any of these after the final list came out becos I noticed a lot of other people had shared their testimonies and some who hadn't personally benefited from such, knew others who had and affirmed that selection purely based on merit and the favour of God is possible as they knew people who had gotten theirs that way. Hence, I thot, if this people still don't believe that selection by merit is possible after all these, wat wld make them believe anything I have to say? But I realised that, if I kept quiet, I would have stopped someone's blessing from being theirs. I remembered that I promised God that if he'll just Give me this Job, I would use that office to testify to His supremacy and let people know that those who put their trust in "God alone" will NEVER fai. Man might fail, but God never does!
I have also come to realise that God knows the best for every1 of us and he knows the best Job for us. in other words NAF might not be God's call for u if after lots of trials, u don't get it. Except u are convinced it is. Now to my main testimony...
I didn't intend taking the NAF form majorly because I had taken th Naval form a month before and I felt I would make it into the Navy and because I liked the Navy better, so I thot, 'y waste the money for the form?'. But as fate would have it, a friend of mine who I was encouraging to get the NAF form said he won't except we both got it together, so I did. But prior to getting both forms, I had long decided since I finished my youth services that I was NEVER going ask for the help of man in getting a job because my parents had tried to do that on my behalf and yet it yielded nothing. I perceived in my spirit that God wanted me to leave it to him, so I blocked every route of help from man. And I mean every one! Both private and Public organisations... For 2 years my parents, especially my dad and some of my extended family were very disturbed because I couldn't seem to get a job and yet I didn't want help. The 2 private jobs I got, I turned down, because I decided I wanted to privately practice(my field being, architecture) and those jobs wouldn't afford me the time.
I got the form and I was shortlisted to write the test. By this time I wasn't really concerned about NAF cos I thought the Navy was better as I said earlier and that I was going to make it into the Navy. Especially as I had already written the Test for navy. But something kept telling me the Airforce might be God's calling for me so I began to pray for God's will to be done. During all these, it wasn't as if I had no one I could call in favours from because I have a client who retired from the airforce and he had promised to help if I ever thot of joining the Airforce, this was like a year back. I wrote the NAF test without even letting him know I got the form. When I got a notification that I made the interview, I was dumbfounded cos I knew I made some silly mistakes in the exam. I was humbled and I praised God, cos without asking any1 for help, I made that list. I remembered telling d lady I put up with when I went for the test in Kaduna that I don't know any1 and I didn't give my name or number to anybody. She said* be serious joo, who's helping u?* I replied, *no one!* and she looked at me incredulously. By this time, I had a feeling I would make the final list and I kept telling God * pls don't bring me this far to drop me*. Out of all my friends that wrote the exam(seven of us), I was the only one who made the interview stage. And then again, God did it on the final list, without knowing any Oga!
In closing, I want to say, ' if u say u trust God, trust Him completely, don't try to cut corners or play smarter than Him by asking for the help of man and asking for His at the same time' . God is a Jealous God ( Exodus 20:5), He'll never share His Glory with any man. Pls trust God completely for yours cos he'll do it. Remember that, if every1 of us that applied for that job (About half a million of us) had Ogas at the top and there were just space for about 350 of us, not every1 can definitely get it, only the Oga of all Oga's can matter and that is God! Those who have worldy Ogas would have to bow...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Novelty: 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dtz tru adouble God's Favour is the best, and I fink some trades were prioritized.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by nnesochim: 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Novelty: Dtz tru adouble God's Favour is the best, and I fink some trades were prioritized.
Forget priority,d only automatic blockage is when u hav not completed NYSC.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by profodun(m): 7:18am On Dec 24, 2013
adouble u: @Kciano, i am a Christian, hence I don't swear by anything or anyone according to God's commandment, so u'll have to take my word for it. From the inception of this thread,I have read a lot of comments of people on this thread about how impossible it is to get into the NAF or any Government owned institution(for that matter) without knowing an "Oga @ d top" or without having a God father. I chose not to respond to any of these after the final list came out becos I noticed a lot of other people had shared their testimonies and some who hadn't personally benefited from such, knew others who had and affirmed that selection purely based on merit and the favour of God is possible as they knew people who had gotten theirs that way. Hence, I thot, if this people still don't believe that selection by merit is possible after all these, wat wld make them believe anything I have to say? But I realised that, if I kept quiet, I would have stopped someone's blessing from being theirs. I remembered that I promised God that if he'll just Give me this Job, I would use that office to testify to His supremacy and let people know that those who put their trust in "God alone" will NEVER fai. Man might fail, but God never does!
I have also come to realise that God knows the best for every1 of us and he knows the best Job for us. in other words NAF might not be God's call for u if after lots of trials, u don't get it. Except u are convinced it is. Now to my main testimony...
I didn't intend taking the NAF form majorly because I had taken th Naval form a month before and I felt I would make it into the Navy and because I liked the Navy better, so I thot, 'y waste the money for the form?'. But as fate would have it, a friend of mine who I was encouraging to get the NAF form said he won't except we both got it together, so I did. But prior to getting both forms, I had long decided since I finished my youth services that I was NEVER going ask for the help of man in getting a job because my parents had tried to do that on my behalf and yet it yielded nothing. I perceived in my spirit that God wanted me to leave it to him, so I blocked every route of help from man. And I mean every one! Both private and Public organisations... For 2 years my parents, especially my dad and some of my extended family were very disturbed because I couldn't seem to get a job and yet I didn't want help. The 2 private jobs I got, I turned down, because I decided I wanted to privately practice(my field being, architecture) and those jobs wouldn't afford me the time.
I got the form and I was shortlisted to write the test. By this time I wasn't really concerned about NAF cos I thought the Navy was better as I said earlier and that I was going to make it into the Navy. Especially as I had already written the Test for navy. But something kept telling me the Airforce might be God's calling for me so I began to pray for God's will to be done. During all these, it wasn't as if I had no one I could call in favours from because I have a client who retired from the airforce and he had promised to help if I ever thot of joining the Airforce, this was like a year back. I wrote the NAF test without even letting him know I got the form. When I got a notification that I made the interview, I was dumbfounded cos I knew I made some silly mistakes in the exam. I was humbled and I praised God, cos without asking any1 for help, I made that list. I remembered telling d lady I put up with when I went for the test in Kaduna that I don't know any1 and I didn't give my name or number to anybody. She said* be serious joo, who's helping u?* I replied, *no one!* and she looked at me incredulously. By this time, I had a feeling I would make the final list and I kept telling God * pls don't bring me this far to drop me*. Out of all my friends that wrote the exam(seven of us), I was the only one who made the interview stage. And then again, God did it on the final list, without knowing any Oga!
In closing, I want to say, ' if u say u trust God, trust Him completely, don't try to cut corners or play smarter than Him by asking for the help of man and asking for His at the same time' . God is a Jealous God ( Exodus 20:5), He'll never share His Glory with any man. Pls trust God completely for yours cos he'll do it. Remember that, if every1 of us that applied for that job (About half a million of us) had Ogas at the top and there were just space for about 350 of us, not every1 can definitely get it, only the Oga of all Oga's can matter and that is God! Those who have worldy Ogas would have to bow...
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by kciano: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2013
@ Adouble u(f). Dats vry well said.i believe u.this is an encouragement for me.i wil buy the form nxt yr.thank u vry much for the testimony.like i said before.it wil encourage a lot of us here.thumbs up and congratulation to u flying officer.i salute
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by adoubleu(f): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2013
kciano: @ Adouble u(f). Dats vry well said.i believe u.this is an encouragement for me.i wil buy the form nxt yr.thank u vry much for the testimony.like i said before.it wil encourage a lot of us here.thumbs up and congratulation to u flying officer.i salute

Thanks dear.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by profodun(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2013
adouble u: @Kciano, i am a Christian, hence I don't swear by anything or anyone according to God's commandment, so u'll have to take my word for it. From the inception of this thread,I have read a lot of comments of people on this thread about how impossible it is to get into the NAF or any Government owned institution(for that matter) without knowing an "Oga @ d top" or without having a God father. I chose not to respond to any of these after the final list came out becos I noticed a lot of other people had shared their testimonies and some who hadn't personally benefited from such, knew others who had and affirmed that selection purely based on merit and the favour of God is possible as they knew people who had gotten theirs that way. Hence, I thot, if this people still don't believe that selection by merit is possible after all these, wat wld make them believe anything I have to say? But I realised that, if I kept quiet, I would have stopped someone's blessing from being theirs. I remembered that I promised God that if he'll just Give me this Job, I would use that office to testify to His supremacy and let people know that those who put their trust in "God alone" will NEVER fai. Man might fail, but God never does!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by gambudu: 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
Madawaki01: i heard my name
ok
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by nicago: 11:05am On Jan 02, 2014
I want to encourage my peeps here not to give up. The first time I applied for DSSC Army was in 2007 and I've applied to the three services almost every year since then. God crowned my efforts with success in 2013. My first interview invite came in 2011 for the Navy but I missed it as I didn't get the information on time and was not around as at then.
2009, 2010, 2012 I didn't get any but 2013 I got both Army and NAF.

God will see us through the training as well.

Never give up on your dreams, it's the worst thing you can do to yourself. Need I say that I also attempted the NDA Regular Course over 4 years and the best I got then was to be on Reserve list for 53RC who are going to be decorated as Majors this year.

Everyone has his/her time. Try not to miss yours. One can only claim to be lucky when PREPARATION meets OPPORTUNITY.

Trust in God and He will see you through if it is HIS will for you.
Nairaland has been a source encouragement for me.

I thank Mr Seun Osewa and all the mods on this site. Special thanks to those which give us information. Emmanuel4fire, Gambudu, I see you...

God bless us all.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by gambudu: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
nicago: I want to encourage my peeps here not to give up. The first time I applied for DSSC Army was in 2007 and I've applied to the three services almost every year since then. God crowned my efforts with success in 2013. My first interview invite came in 2011 for the Navy but I missed it as I didn't get the information on time and was not around as at then.

Never give up on your dreams, it's the worst thing you can do to yourself. Need I say that I also attempted the NDA Regular Course over 4 years and the best I got then was to be on Reserve list for 53RC who are going to be decorated as Majors this year.

Everyone has his/her time. Try not to miss yours. One can only claim to be lucky when PREPARATION meets OPPORTUNITY.

I thank Mr Seun Osewa and all the mods on this site. Special thanks to those which give us information. Emmanuel4fire, Gambudu, I see you...

God bless us all.
na so
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Saintnero1(m): 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
please how was the interview and what form did it take
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by CamilleGolgi: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
nicago: I want to encourage my peeps here not to give up. The first time I applied for DSSC Army was in 2007 and I've applied to the three services almost every year since then. God crowned my efforts with success in 2013. My first interview invite came in 2011 for the Navy but I missed it as I didn't get the information on time and was not around as at then.

God bless us all.
God bless you too brother. You shall find divine favour in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by gossipmama(f): 7:48am On Jan 03, 2014
Suddenly this page became dry, no posts no updates nothing. Hello people and happy new [year]!!!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by ichema4u(m): 10:32am On Jan 03, 2014

True talk my sister, how come we both have same story line.. d only difference was i applied for d army n refused to apply for NAF but a friend pushed me into applying for NAF.. d army list came, i didnt make it.. but I'm in d final list of NAF. Hope to see u on sunday in kaduna. God did it o.. i was told d oga at d top were too many so d whole selection was giving to d air council .. i began prayer n fasting for 3 days n prayed at nights too.. at d end of my prayer session d nxt day d list came out.. my dear, its bn testimonies o.. trust God more n oga at d top less

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by FOF4u: 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
ichema4u:

True talk my sister, how come we both have same story line.. d only difference was i applied for d army n refused to apply for NAF but a friend pushed me into applying for NAF.. d army list came, i didnt make it.. but I'm in d final list of NAF. Hope to see u on sunday in kaduna. God did it o.. i was told d oga at d top were too many so d whole selection was giving to d air council .. i began prayer n fasting for 3 days n prayed at nights too.. at d end of my prayer session d nxt day d list came out.. my dear, its bn testimonies o.. trust God more n oga at d top less
wow...trust God more and oga at d top less.....hmmm nice 1 bro
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Saintnero1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
ichema4u:

. Please what did u pass tru at the selection board/interview as in what was required of you. Safe trip tomorrow and wish u a successful train
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by mimzy007(f): 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
Goodluck Batch A,Best wishes.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by FOF4u: 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Best wishes 2 all NAF batch A.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by UgoChyNew: 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
Day one of training going down. Any 'Johnny Bravo' who has his/her phone and can give us juicy updates from in there?
May God keep all of you in Jesus' name!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by gambudu: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mods kindly close this thread.Their is no more food on the table again.looking forward to 2014 thread. Seconders plsssss
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Uziehot(m): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
gambudu: Mods kindly close this thread.Their is no more food on the table again.looking forward to 2014 thread. Seconders plsssss
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Uziehot(m): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
gambudu: Mods kindly close this thread.Their is no more food on the table again.looking forward to 2014 thread. Seconders plsssss
. Seconded.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by ichema4u(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2014
Hehehehe
the rigorous training finally over..
thank God 140 of us made it...
it wasn't easy but it was to build us to become a gentle man..
i wish course 24 the best cos they will feel it too..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by poundsmaker(m): 11:40am On Jul 22, 2014
ichema4u: Hehehehe
Congratulations sir. Please, can you expatiate on 140 of you cadets made it, do you mean some people died or runaway in the course? More so, can you hint us on how the training looks like such as the.daily routine and punishment? Thanks in anticipation for your responds. Congrats once again sir.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by samobaba4u(m): 8:34am On Jul 24, 2014
ichema4u: Hehehehe
Congrats
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by debbie131: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2014
Pls wots d difference between dssc and bmtc in the air force and how long is the training for each of them? Pls I need answers. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2014
debbie131: Pls wots d difference between dssc and bmtc in the air force and how long is the training for each of them? Pls I need answers. Thanks.
DSSC is for holders of HND and B.Sc, M.Sc and their equivalent
BMTC is for holders of O' levels, A levels, Trade courses, NCE and ND

what's your qualification
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by debbie131: 9:58am On Jul 24, 2014
The person has O'level
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by ichema4u(m): 6:56am On Jul 27, 2014
poundsmaker: Congratulations sir. Please, can you expatiate on 140 of you cadets made it, do you mean some people died or runaway in the course? More so, can you hint us on how the training looks like such as the.daily routine and punishment? Thanks in anticipation for your responds. Congrats once again sir.

The answer to ur question is like making me to serve job..
in summary, just be fit n learn how to be a patient person plus God by ur side.. u will scale tru...but expect something tougher than NDA training..
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by obiksam(m): 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Any 2014 applicant?

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (Reply)

2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread / Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 / Federal Fire Service 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.