Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,992 members, 7,845,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (56145 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 4:03am On May 05, 2008
iice:

I sort of like how he speaks. . .
Busta for real, the humour was great!

I know and funny how i was like where's the damn robot with the extinguisher when u need it? lol

Gamine:

Hes a fine dude sha grin

there u go!
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 4:13am On May 05, 2008
i still prefer Blair Underwoods looks though tongue
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 4:19am On May 05, 2008
Gamine:

i still prefer Blair Underwoods looks though tongue
he's ok . . .he's almost like a younger version of denzel.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 4:21am On May 05, 2008
Blair is scrumptious tongue
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 4:31am On May 05, 2008
LoL

Abeg who likes that Step-up 2 movie o
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 4:31pm On May 06, 2008
I watched only parts of it and got bored. . .
Crappy thing. The girl can dance but her acting is a killah - Zero
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 5:25pm On May 06, 2008
That movie was a waste of my money.

Hey Iice,
Did u see Street Kings?
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:46pm On May 06, 2008
Hey Busta
Nah, didn't see it, though i have it on dvd here lol. . .no time yet to get through the new stuffs. . .
Was it good?
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 6:01pm On May 06, 2008
The preview was hell good.

but watching the movie in the theater was a different story. The way it ended was just BAD and made NO SENSE!! angry
lemme know after u watch it and what u think bout it.

What about the Forbidden Kingdom . . seen it?
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 6:06pm On May 06, 2008
LMAO i figured as much. . .though the reviews were bad. . .
Sure i'l let you know

Nah didn't bother myself with forbidden kingdom, after seeing the american kid in the preview. . .that sealed it for me. Am over the 3 ninjas kind of movies grin grin I do have a dvd though. . .i'll prolly watch it when i can't find anything to watch
Re: Review Any Movie by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:10pm On May 06, 2008
I started watching the forbidden Kingdom a couple of days ago.  I only saw about 3 minutes before I left the theatre, the fight scenes were so unrealistic, fighting on the cloudlike mountains, floating on the air - worst than crouching tiger hidden dragon. I wish i was like 10 or maybe 11, I probably would have enjoyed the fight. I might just give it another shot again
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 6:30pm On May 06, 2008
Does that mean you didn't enjoy crouching tiger?
Re: Review Any Movie by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:48pm On May 06, 2008
I aint really a crouching Tiger fan. the movie was just alright.
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 8:13pm On May 06, 2008
Forbbiden Kingdom, I am not even gonna lie. I slept off half thru that movie in the theater . . only woke up towards the end when the main fight started. It wasn't sooo all that.

It was just ok.
Re: Review Any Movie by Cadet(f): 10:30pm On May 06, 2008
I recommend the "LOVE PHOBIA" and "Sad Movie", both are Korean movie (have captions), they're really awesome, yet sad embarassed
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:04am On May 07, 2008
@Lasiefaire. . .ahhh oh well can't like them all. I sorta like that fighting in the sky thing.

LOL Busta, the only movie i sleep through in the theatre was Ghost of Mars grin grin grin

@Cadet, are those romance movies?
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 3:17pm On May 07, 2008
iice:

@Lasiefaire. . .ahhh oh well can't like them all. I sorta like that fighting in the sky thing.

LOL Busta, the only movie i sleep through in the theatre was Ghost of Mars grin grin grin

@Cadet, are those romance movies?

Didn't even bother with that.

another one that was torture watching it . .for me would be "Fracture" . . . with Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. Talk about B-O-R-I-N-G !!! embarassed
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:43pm On May 07, 2008
LOL i heard it wasn't that bad. . .have yet to see it. . .
I was watching 10,000BC a while ago. . .nothing there jare. . .
I also watched Doomsday b4 that, hmmmm not bad, it was cool (though it was a female lead blahhh - she wasn't bad) kindda had everything mixed up in it, mad max to king arthur to escape from ny. . .ohhh and it was high on the gore grin grin
Currently watching Awake, but am not really paying attention to it undecided
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 3:51pm On May 07, 2008
haven't seen any of those ones u mentioned.

speaking of which, u watch indian movies.
saw "Om Shanti Om" last weekend and it was interesting. grin
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 4:17pm On May 07, 2008
Anyone seen Street Kings?

Keanu Reeves, Forest Withaker,

I think it was a good movie. .
Forest Withaker was himself here, unlike the idiot he was in Vantage Point,
Keanu Reeves was also good, but no special stuff from him. . .
Nice movie. . .nice plot. . .
and I loved Common and The Game, . .they brought the street into the movie, . .

wat ya think?
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 4:25pm On May 07, 2008
Busta:

haven't seen any of those ones u mentioned.

speaking of which, u watch indian movies.
saw "Om Shanti Om" last weekend and it was interesting. grin

Nope, don't watch those. . .the whole singing thing puts me to sleep tongue
I know i watched a few as a child courtesy of some female cousins like that but since growing up
the highest i have come to an indian movie is bride and prejudice and the other one with heather graham and marissa tomei. . .
Nwayz Awake is finished (will have to watch it again lol)
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 4:45pm On May 07, 2008
iice:

Nope, don't watch those. . .the whole singing thing puts me to sleep tongue[/b]I know i watched a few as a child courtesy of some female cousins like that but since growing up
the highest i have come to an indian movie is bride and prejudice and the other one with heather graham and marissa tomei. . .
[b]Nwayz Awake is finished (will have to watch it again lol)

Lol. . . that part I always skip cos they keep singing for 2 days.

Awake finished and u got nuthing to say bout it than watch it again? that bad?

How bout Harold and Kumar 2 Escape from Guantanamo Bay?
Saw "forgetting sarah marshall" . . hilarious.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:25pm On May 07, 2008
Busta, i wasn't paying attention to it. . .i was just playing lol
I tell you, after every few words, them go bust into song. . .e just tire me. . .
Hmmmm i havent fully watched Harold and Kumar. . .it's sort of how i watched Awake lol

Ahhh so Forgetting Sarah Marshall is that good? Wait was it done by the Rogan guy of Knocked up?
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 6:30pm On May 07, 2008
Busta
Didnt see ur post bout Street Kings earlier. . .

i liked the movie, ,dunno why exactly. maybe cos it was a lil unusual. .
but the end was not it for me. . .

Reeves found out his boss wanted him dead and all he could say was. . .so it was u!!
and then they start exchanging punches
kinda wacked. .
but the rest of it was good. .
Re: Review Any Movie by Spermdrops(m): 5:01am On May 08, 2008
Derailed.

My kind of stuff.  Suspense galore.

A cautionary tale for men who can't keep it in their pants, Derailed feels like yesterday's news. Despite strong performances and a current of urgency, this contemporary thriller derails even before it leaves the station. Anyone who sat through Unfaithful Attraction or a decade worth of Law and Order will beat the plot to the punch.

Clive Owen paints a portrait of perfection as Charles Schine, devoted father who begrudgingly works in advertising to pay for daughter Amy's (Addison Timlin) crippling diabetes. Charles isn't nearly as devoted to wife Deanna (Melissa George), both going through the motions for Amy. Charles is instantly smitten with Lucinda Harris (Jennifer Aniston), a stranger who offers to pay for his train ticket after Deanna swipes all of his cash.

One causal meeting turns into another, then lunch, drinks, eventually followed by an opportunity for hot sex in a hotel room. Now anyone who has ever had their bunny boiled would know better, but not Charles, who sees sex with Lucinda as a chance to prove he's still a man. All Charles has to do is stand naked in front of a mirror: Adam's apple, check. Hair on chest, check. Wild python of love danging between legs. Check. Maybe Charles wanted to make sure all of the parts still worked.

Just as clothes are about to fly, a stranger named La Roche (Vincent Cassel) breaks into the room, pistol whips Charles, rapes Lucinda, and steals their money and ID. I feel lucky when I can get an extra towel from room service. Bloodied and bruised, and not in a good way, Charles wants to call the police, but is stopped by Lucinda, who fears her abusive husband and losing her daughter.

When La Roche blackmails Charles and Lucinda, writer Stuart Beattie (based on the novel by James Siegel) approaches every turn of events with expected results. Director Mikael Hafstrom fails to draw us into the harrowing plight of the characters, asking us to become casual observers. Big mistake. Derailed isn?t designed as a spectator sport. It?s a morality tale which should engage us at every turn. The filmmakers sleight of hand isn?t sufficient to distract us from the fact that this story has been told many times before.

Owen nails the desperate husband trapped in a loveless marriage, while Aniston?s attempt to get down and dirty feels calculated but admirable. Cassel is appropriately dark. Once Derailed lays all of its cards on the table, you?ll feel like you?re playing Old Maid rather than high stakes poker.

http://www.lightviews.com/derailed.htm

Could not have put it better.  My kind of stuff I say.

Grade A cheesy

Re: Review Any Movie by Spermdrops(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2008
What's Love Got To Do(Story of Ike and Tina Turner)

Oscar calibre performance.  But not in a white man's world! angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMzr-FzyaQQ

Gosh! I love Lawrence Fishburne and Angela Basset!

Classic!
Re: Review Any Movie by dangermous: 7:20pm On May 08, 2008
Spermdrops:

What's Love Got To Do(Story of Ike and Tina Turner)

Oscar calibre performance. But not in a white man's world! angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMzr-FzyaQQ

Gosh! I love Lawrence Fishburne and Angela Basset!

Classic!

Angela Basset face dey somehow abeg. She and Robin Givens get same kain face. They are on the fine line between wowo and hot.
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 8:16pm On May 08, 2008
dangermous:

Angela Basset face dey somehow abeg. She and Robin Givens get same kain face. They are on the fine line between wowo and hot.

haba . . . u know them before?
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 10:26am On May 09, 2008
Busta:

Forbbiden Kingdom, I am not even going to lie. I slept off half through that movie in the theater . . only woke up towards the end when the main fight started. It wasn't sooo all that.

It was just ok.

the movie does not even pretend to take itself seriously, i dont know why anyone should. jackie chan is finally showing his age, jet li as the monkey king is his worst outing since romeo must die, the nonsense abounds.

the fight scene is great, but only that between jackie and jet in their first encounter.

however it doesnt even come close to the superb fight scene in drunken master 2. there can never be anything to touch that.

all in all, forbidden kingdom is what happens when whites make an attempt at an oriental movie.

PS: dont be ridiculous, crouching tiger is the epitome of unreal. people flying and landing on a leaves? please! i can more swallow people leaping and bounding on mountain tops.
Re: Review Any Movie by Cadet(f): 10:46pm On May 09, 2008
Am watching Eni Ijaoba. I love this movie.

Thanks tRoOe, for the site smiley
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 11:02am On May 10, 2008
Speedracer. . . .hmmm!
First half was boring, the race in the desert was the interesting part
Nothing new with the graphics. . .some parts look like someone tripping on acid shot it. . .
Some parts look tooo toy[i]ish[/i]
Of course the mark of the wachowski brothers was there - some dude yarning dust
The youngest kid was prolly the highlight of the movie
Didn't even know Rain was in this movie undecided
Overall. . .it's as dry as the cartoon
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 1:17pm On May 10, 2008
Cadet:

Am watching Eni Ijaoba. I love this movie.

Thanks tRoOe, for the site smiley

which Site is that?

@Iice
Seriously? the movie was that bad? I didn't wanna see it but my bf is gonna drag me with him tonite. I guessi'll have to carry ma blankets along for a nice nap undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Tega & Boma Being Cheered By Fans Outside Beat FM, Lagos: Pics & Video / 15 Nigerians Making Us Proud In Hollywood*Pics* / Ike's Eviction: Diane Consoles Mercy As She Cries. See Reactions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.