Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (55953 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Any Movie by bukiboy(m): 11:32am On Mar 07, 2008
Akeelah and the Bee is really interesting.
i love the film, very interesting. i have a copy for my unborn kids
grin
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2008
Finally saw Vantage point. . .other that how it was shot (which i like) nothing that spectacular. Kindda had the convenient falling into place thing. According to my bro, 'dem don suppose graduate from making those kind movies' lol
Re: Review Any Movie by SKehinde(m): 3:49am On Mar 10, 2008
I didn't get a chance to see all the summer blockbusters and 3-quels that came out last year but I'm catching up on them now with my Netflix subscription (which I highly recommend, by the way).

300 (i know it didn't come out last year): Very little story to follow just action, action, and more action. And just when you think there's nothing more to see, "Look over there: more action!" Very graphic (pun-intended, because it was based on a Frank Miller novel), very violent, a total guy's guy kind of movie. It doesn't purport to be anymore than it is. Loved it.

Bourne Ultimatum: Brilliant. It does a great job of tying in the 2 prequels. The plot, just as twice before, holds water. Although, the makers of the film made Bourne seem almost indestructible with some of the crashes that he was able to walk away from. I liked the ending, though.

Pirates of the Caribbean, part 3: I thought the plot was a bit of a mess, rambling here and there, and a little difficult to follow (maybe one has to watch the movie 2 or 3 times to comprehend it). The action was nice and swashbuckle-ly, but nothing you hadn't seen in the film's 2 prequels. Overall, I thought the movie was decent, nothing to shout about.

Spiderman 3: The plot is not that complicated, so it's easy to follow and that's a plus. However, there were things that Peter/Spidey did that made me think, "He would never do or act like that."

As far as the action , I have to confess that throughout all 3 of these movies the CG-animated Spiderman never really worked for me. I've always thought that the maker of the movies should have relied more on motion-capturing in the swinging sequences. But that's just me and I digress,

I thought the ending was too inconclusive. Overall, I thought this installment was not as good as the previous 2, and I was a little disappointed.

Die Hard 4: I loved the first (about) 2/3 of this movie, then it fell apart a little bit for me.

The plot wasn't too complicated, though it was a little over the top and ambitious. But then the main bad guy does something bad to cause concern for Willis' character (not to give anything away) a little more than halfway through the movie. And in the back of my mind I was thinking, "If I was the bad guy and Willis had been a thorn in my side and foiling my plots all day, I'd have done far worse to him."

The action is very good (again, somewhat over the top). The stunts are great. However, the end confrontation and wrap-up scenes I thought were both a little boring and forgettable. . .
Re: Review Any Movie by prince84(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2008
great movies to watch

beowulf
10000bc
i am legend
warlord, for jetli fans
shooter
rambo 4, not as exciting as the previous series

some graet series includes

new armsterdam
terminator, the sarah conor series
how i meet your mother season 3
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 10:21am On Mar 10, 2008
you should try seeing 27 dresses by katherine heigel of greys anatomy funny and makes sense
Re: Review Any Movie by mayacruz: 11:31am On Mar 10, 2008
whatzup guys!
i heard that music africa is negotiating a deal with passiontv here in london!how true is that?anyway we hope so!cos it means we will be watching lots of new and nice videos!!!
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2008
mayacruz:

whatzup guys!
i heard that music africa is negotiating a deal with passiontv here in london!how true is that?anyway we hope so!because it means we will be watching lots of new and nice videos!!!

People go dey post like say dem put blindfold for eye undecided

@Topic
Things we lost in the fire - Prolly one of Halle's best performances. . .not those frivolous over dramatic hysterics grin
Benicio del toro i have always loved. . .he was born to play those druggie roles tongue grin
Actually a pretty good movie.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2008
@skehinde

motion capture the swingings in spidey? gasp! what living human can do those aerodynamic contortions? thats why they went CGI, but then as anyone who does 3D animation can tell you, mimicking the human form in motion midair is darn hard.  you cannot properly simulate human body weight and factor in the physics of forces such as gravity (even though gravity is not a force  grin ) and friction, thrust, lift  etc acting on that body all at once. we see the same mess in Daredevil.

however i believe by mapping motion capture on CGI and keyframing the CGI effects as inbetween frames they can pull of the illusion. actually there was a bit of motion capture, gymnasts on rings were catured, but it was referenced for animation of the CGI only.

you nailed your reviews spot on! however i disagree on your assessment of die hard 4's ending. i would think plugging a bullet in you just to hit the bad guy behind is pretty unforgettable.

it amuses me whenever hollywood goes the HACKER/CYBERCRIME route. i get a chuckle when i see the careless stereotyping of hackers as socially dysfunctional weirdos in gloomy rooms stacked with comics and action figures and tons of computer stuff and posters of gothic rock bands and and tons of other cliches.  these poorly drwn 'hackers' aloways spout some corporate/government conspiracy crap, and they know the inner workings of just about any electronic stuff or anything with a microchip. hah!

LETS SET THE RECORDS STRAIGHT.

1. not all hackers are teenagers

2. most hackers own one computer only

3. most hackers have girlfriends, parents, and a dog.

4. the rooms arent so gloomy.

5. instead of action figures and comics, most hacker rooms are filled with cd cases, hefty books on C++ and posters of carmen elektra

6. hackers do not have a global knowledge of everything electronic: most hackers are specialized on a singular aspect. it takes a community to do any massive hacking by pooling skills and resources together.

7.hackers cannot press a few buttons and make your cellphone bake bread. ( see the core, die hard 4)

8. that hacker in The Core lied when he said he could take away the G-Man's electronic life ( "i could take away yor credit card, medical files, tax returns, identity, etc." Yah, right!). no hacker can hack into dozens of discrete and disparate govt an private servers.

9. why is it that in movies you never identify what operating system they use? the world uses windows/linux/ mac osX, but in hacker movies and most movies in fact you don't see any traces of those. and no movie hacker ever say "im unfamiliar with this OS/tool/language/system/script". instead they just jump right in and "work their magic". (see Transformers)

10. hacking into anything can take months to assess the target, discover the vulnerabilities, hone the skills by trial and error, and finally exploit the target. in movies they simplify the whole process to a matter of a few minutes of frenzied keyboard presses.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2008
@prince84

10,000 Bc? how can you recommend what you have not seen?

and if you seriously think beowulf is a movie to recommend to anyone save your enemies, then righteously you have another think coming.

i am legend. we have exhausted that movie in a separate thread.

shooter is unremarkable.

i dont have to say anything about rambo 4. the memories say it all.
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2008
i like Shooter!!! embarassed embarassed

I just watched Sound of Music again! for the 400. . .th time!

It never gets old!!!

My children must watch it too ooo!!!

That is what good movies are made of!!! grin grin grin
Re: Review Any Movie by dinozzo(m): 1:42am On Mar 13, 2008
anyone seen the mist starring Thomas Jane, i thought it was ok especially the ending, its based on the Stephen King book of the same title. A scifi/horror flick.
Re: Review Any Movie by babyvic(f): 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2008
Does anyone know the Latin Title of the "Second Chance" -A Telenovela
Re: Review Any Movie by Scopium: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2008
Neoteny:

@skehinde

motion capture the swingings in spidey? gasp! what living human can do those aerodynamic contortions? thats why they went CGI, but then as anyone who does 3D animation can tell you, mimicking the human form in motion midair is darn hard. you cannot properly simulate human body weight and factor in the physics of forces such as gravity (even though gravity is not a force grin ) and friction, thrust, lift etc acting on that body all at once. we see the same mess in Daredevil.

however i believe by mapping motion capture on CGI and keyframing the CGI effects as inbetween frames they can pull of the illusion. actually there was a bit of motion capture, gymnasts on rings were catured, but it was referenced for animation of the CGI only.

you nailed your reviews spot on! however i disagree on your assessment of die hard 4's ending. i would think plugging a bullet in you just to hit the bad guy behind is pretty unforgettable.

it amuses me whenever hollywood goes the HACKER/CYBERCRIME route. i get a chuckle when i see the careless stereotyping of hackers as socially dysfunctional weirdos in gloomy rooms stacked with comics and action figures and tons of computer stuff and posters of gothic rock bands and and tons of other cliches. these poorly drwn 'hackers' aloways spout some corporate/government conspiracy crap, and they know the inner workings of just about any electronic stuff or anything with a microchip. hah!

5. instead of action figures and comics, most hacker rooms are filled with cd cases, hefty books on C++ and posters of carmen elektra

6. hackers do not have a global knowledge of everything electronic: most hackers are specialized on a singular aspect. it takes a community to do any massive hacking by pooling skills and resources together.

7.hackers cannot press a few buttons and make your cellphone bake bread. ( see the core, die hard 4)

8. that hacker in The Core lied when he said he could take away the G-Man's electronic life ( "i could take away yor credit card, medical files, tax returns, identity, etc." Yah, right!). no hacker can hack into dozens of discrete and disparate govt an private servers.

9. why is it that in movies you never identify what operating system they use? the world uses windows/linux/ mac osX, but in hacker movies and most movies in fact you don't see any traces of those. and no movie hacker ever say "im unfamiliar with this OS/tool/language/system/script". instead they just jump right in and "work their magic". (see Transformers)

10. hacking into anything can take months to assess the target, discover the vulnerabilities, hone the skills by trial and error, and finally exploit the target. in movies they simplify the whole process to a matter of a few minutes of frenzied keyboard presses.

[size=13pt]That was so in dept, simplified at least some extent educative, informative and entertaining as well. Nicely done.[/size]
Re: Review Any Movie by Scopium: 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2008
[size=13pt]Anybody watched Splash lately? I never get tired of watching Matrix 1, that's my best sci-fi. [/size]
Re: Review Any Movie by delegiwa(m): 8:44am On Mar 14, 2008
Neoteny:

@skehinde

motion capture the swingings in spidey? gasp! what living human can do those aerodynamic contortions? thats why they went CGI, but then as anyone who does 3D animation can tell you, mimicking the human form in motion midair is darn hard. you cannot properly simulate human body weight and factor in the physics of forces such as gravity (even though gravity is not a force grin ) and friction, thrust, lift etc acting on that body all at once. we see the same mess in Daredevil.

it amuses me whenever hollywood goes the HACKER/CYBERCRIME route. i get a chuckle when i see the careless stereotyping of hackers as socially dysfunctional weirdos in gloomy rooms stacked with comics and action figures and tons of computer stuff and posters of gothic rock bands and and tons of other cliches. these poorly drwn 'hackers' aloways spout some corporate/government conspiracy crap, and they know the inner workings of just about any electronic stuff or anything with a microchip. hah!

Ol boy you too much eeehhh.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2008
the matrix is crap. will tell you why later. my boss is here
Re: Review Any Movie by adechuks(m): 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
Neoteny:

the matrix is crap. will tell you why later. my boss is here
why later?
are you saying your boss loves the film?? : cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2008
The Bank Job – Thumbs up!
Juno – crap
AVP – crappy
Dan in real life –stupid
First Sunday – even more stupid
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:52pm On Mar 14, 2008
Busta:

Juno – crap
AVP – crappy

Thank you jare tongue
Re: Review Any Movie by everchris(m): 4:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
One movie i think anyone would like to watch is LATTERS TO A STRANGER. Starring Genevieve Nnaji, Yemi Blaq, Fred Amata, Eucharia Anobi, Jpke Silva.
It was produced and directed by fred Amata. I think the story line is good and the actors e.g Geneviev, Yemi Blaq and The fat aldy [dont know her name] Acted very well.
Guys what do u think?
Re: Review Any Movie by adechuks(m): 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2008
NO way will i agree to go and sit down to watch naija movie, again. i have been disappointed enough !
Re: Review Any Movie by alex406(m): 5:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
Please can anyone upload any movie here so that others can gain from it?, queen2
Re: Review Any Movie by kingdong(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2008
@Hugoboi

bros the KING OF NEWYORK wey you talk about really brought back wonderful memories of a great film. please please if anyone knows how i can get a copy of this film i go really appreciate am. and for those who haven't seen this badass gangstar action packed thriller i no no as yu wan take find am considering its an old old film but na must watch adrenalin pumper. and if yu know of anyother that matches or surpasses it please jamisi.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2008
everchris:

One movie i think anyone would like to watch is LATTERS TO A STRANGER. Starring Genevieve Nnaji, Yemi Blaq, Fred Amata, Eucharia Anobi, Jpke Silva.
It was produced and directed by fred Amata. I think the story line is good and the actors e.g Geneviev, Yemi Blaq and The fat aldy [don't know her name] Acted very well.
Guys what do u think?
Sorry to burst your bubble but not everyone would like to see it. And if 'she acted very well' was a critique of her (whoever she is) performance. . .am afraid i'l pass in my sleep.
Unless something worth watching comes along (other than acting well which not even many achieve in hollywood) am staying away from them movies.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 1:13pm On Mar 15, 2008
@adechuks

nah, my boss simply wants me working like the donkey he thinks he hired rather than browsing.

ok, the matrix. very much like 300; cool visuals, macho mien, wobbly plot. let us start with the obvious.

1. machines taking over the world.
it can never happen simply because we can pull the plug. and someone has to design machines to be malevolent, and on a large scale humans will never devise machines capable of the remotest hostile intent towards their creators. the violence need to come from subroutines, someone had to have written those subroutines when coding the machines' behavioural algorithms. why would humans design machines capable of taking over the world and enslaving humanity? woudnt they rather make the machines docile and submissive?

2. the energy the macines extract from humans to power their dystopian world in reality is far less than the energy the machines expend in creating the human farms in addition to maintaining the coccons (input greater than output). it makes much more sense for the machines to use that tremendous amount of energy to sustain themselves rather than building such a vast and elaborate structure as the matrix to bamboozle the hapless humans.

3. the architect is remarkably efficient in making a virtual world, subduing humans in it, and destroying zion five times previously. it also created and allowed The One to flourish. yet another of his creations, Agent Smith, deviated and threatened the world. and the architect didnt see it fit to just push "delete".

4. what IS the oracle? a computer program? coded by whom? the architect? why would an entity bent on world domination willingly create an alter ego that works at cross purpose to destroy the architect? a creation so powerful that the architect had to lower itself to settle terms with its creation and reach a compromise? why he didnt push "delete" when the oracle was aiding and enabling Neo?

you may say he lacks the power to destroy his own creation. but that point will be invalidated by the way the matrix itself rearranges itself to hinder Neo and co. remember the "Deja Vu" scene (" its a glitch in the matrix"wink when the matrix restructured walls and blocked doors to trap the rebels? obviously it has the power, and by extension the architect of the matrix has the power to rearrange the world as he saw fit. why didnt he remove the phones the rebels use to get in and out of the matrix?

5. who, or what, precisely is the architect? a computer program? created by who? everything must have an origin except God, and the architect certainly is no god.

6. clearly the original matrix concluded with no hint of a sequel. at the end before Neo flew from the phone booth he talked down to the matrix and the last ting we saw was "system failure" meanig the matrix had crashed. none of that was evident in Reloaded.

i daresay the wachowski brothers meant the film to end in the first film, but sadly its success brought the allure of sequels and hence we were saddled with the confusing Reloaded and the completely dire and senseless revolutiuons.
even the makers of the movie lost track of the plot so at the last minute they ushered in the super smart architect to english us to death with lines we cannot properly understand (  " your life is the sum of the remainder of an unbalanced equation inherently contingent to blah blah blah yada yada yada "wink upon which hangs the thread of the whole plot.

a hundred naira to anyone who ca translate that yiddish into english and tell me what it all means.

6. in the beginning we were meant to believe that Neo was unique by virtue of being unshakled from the tethers of the matix's version of fate; he alone had freewill ala Raziel in Soul Reaver, but that claim which made the first film rather interesting was completely shattered when we learn that the rogue Agent Smith was more unique than Neo. the matrix revolutions further muddled affairs with cryptic innuendos and messages the meanings of which sadly are as ambigouos as the role of that cute indian girl (some posit she will be the reincarnation of Neo).

i do not wish to detract from an interesting movie, but really the subsequent iterations marred te delight somewhat if one cared about the plot. the first matrix was a clever albeit wobbly fantasy, reloaded lost its fantasy roots and became an action movie, revolutions waded into the murky pool of pseudo-gothic punk rock-esquegood versus evil epic and completely lost both the fantasy and action angle (no, that invasion of zion and the war is too mechanical for me, ala starwars).

there you have it. let my persecution begin  grin
semper fi.
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2008
@Neoteny

Hundred naira too small na , up that thing! tongue

The Matrix was just perfect as it was.
its my best still.

It took a wyl before i watched the other ones,,thy were ok too

Who has watched Curious George
that cartoon is so refreshing even for an Adult like me.lol
Re: Review Any Movie by kenflipper(m): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2008
Re: Review Any Movie by hahaha2(m): 12:32am On Mar 16, 2008
I think the Fantastic 4(rise of the silver surfer) absolutely rocked. Based on my view this movie is one of the only sequels out there that actually outdid the Original in terms of storyline, entertainment value etc,

The two Final fantasy movies have seen, have been really good in terms of CGI, although the story lines always seem a bit to over elaborate for my liking considering they are animated features.

I don't no if many of u have seen this movie, but do u guys think of the SKELETON KEY.
Re: Review Any Movie by mendax: 11:36am On Mar 17, 2008
why do we keep on mammering on " i am legend", i think that film is just silly, burrin & full of hype!

@neoteny,

nawa o, u've succeeded in confusing some of us more than d architect did wit his big grammer, or mayb u are just not d sci-fi type, but listen to ur self:

the energy the macines extract from humans to power their dystopian world in reality
revolutions waded into the murky pool of pseudo-gothic punk rock-esquegood versus evil epic and completely lost both the fantasy and action angle

pls, neo"teny" come up wit simpler english in ur post next time. or haven't u read d forum rules?
anyway i like ur coments and i offer 200 bucks 2 anyone who can decipher blah, blah, blah
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2008
@mendax

oops! i did it again! bugger. kindly reach behind your back, up to your head and flick the switch that says "on brain".  grin

hey im kidding, but did i really do that?

scratch "dystopian" then (its the antithesis of "utopia"wink, . but what i meant there was that the machines expend more energy maintaining the human farms than the human farms supply the machines. its an unbalanced equation (geddit?)  grin

pseudo-gothic shouldnt really be confusing (actually i also took a fancy to how those silly critics sound), its just that the ambience (um, atmosphere <checking thesaurus>wink is a bit goth-drenched much like gotham city. its a bit different from the other two matrixs (er, matrices?). its mostly in the color saturation and backgrounds of some of the setpieces.

punk rock. hmm, must be those badass badies from the Merovingian's club, then. or the music.

good versus eveil epic= neo's 'hellenistic' sacrifice (arrgh!). really its a bit grecian, ergo EPIC.

in any case i can never match the archi's psychobabble.

new wage; 300 naira.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 1:06pm On Mar 17, 2008
Gamine:

that cartoon is so refreshing even for an Adult like me.lol

YOU ARE AN ADULT? Gasp! who'd have thought!

tongue grin
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2008
@Neo

i know, i get that!

i look too young for my age! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Tega & Boma Being Cheered By Fans Outside Beat FM, Lagos: Pics & Video / Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / 15 Nigerians Making Us Proud In Hollywood*Pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.