Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (55932 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 11:02pm On Feb 09, 2008
Prolly because i have been disappointed in games turning into movies hence with silent hill's graphics and creepiness (echoing the game) it stands ahead of them. Remember doom? *shudders*. . .Tufiakwa! Yes the ending was weird but i loved the movie. The soundtrack is hella scary but good. Indeed the 2nd resident evil was on the mark with the characters but ends there. I still for the life of me cannot figure out how that movie evolved to a trilogy

I am sooo hoping that they don't mess up Prince of Persia and God of War. . .i will just stop watching those kinds of movies if they mess that up!

Meet the Spartans. . .hmmm! All i can say is that like Epic movie, some parts are just beyond ridiculous. The only part i liked was the Britney Spear's part. . .and who still hires Methodman? These people cannot act! angry
Re: Review Any Movie by odada(m): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2008
THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA

Lovely movie,beautiful scenery!!!I totally like the way Meryl Streep was so stern and strict cheesy cheesy cheesy my reviews hmnnnnnnnnn am a lil tipsy *hick up* maybe later wink wink wink reminds me of Americas in Ugly Betty
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2008
Americas in Ugly Betty?
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 9:42am On Feb 12, 2008
@iice

yeah, silent hill almost got the atmosphere with the washed out color and the fog. even the baddies are mostly faithful. but the acting and that LovePeddler cop? sheesh!

hitman is the better game-to-movie conversion i think. though im not much of a fan of the game. seen bloodrayne? house of the dead? uwe boll really kills all sense of art. anderson's alien versus predator did much better but i still prefer the pc game on which the movie is loosely based.

what killed doom was The Rock. he is a movie killer. oh, and the ravenants are a bit too daft. but i love the first person view.

showbiz has becoming 90percent biz and 10 percent show. thats why resident evil spawned a third offering. and i daresay RE4 is being cooked up right now as we speak-er, click.

capcom's resident evil genesis may redeem the franchise but im not particularly blown away by the trailer. the CG  looks like it was lifted directly from RE2. not the quality stuff in Advent Children-

-which also sux. (i prefer spirits within).
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 10:03am On Feb 12, 2008
Yeah i didn't like the cop and the mom. . .the baddies were the ones i liked.

I thought hitman wasn't so bad. My bro is a fan of the game. . .he was like oh it's all right (in that bleh tone) so i was expecting something really crappy but surprisingly i kindda liked it. Mostly for the fight scenes and shooting (though it could have done with some more shootings)

Please lets not talk Bloodrayne angry angry angry Absolutely the worst movie ever! I felt sorry for my friend coz that is his favorite game. He was devastated by the movie. I agree with your take on uwe boll. . .why is this man still in bizness? angry What did he do with that movie - In the name of the king: blah blah. . .gawd even seeing the trailer i just thought it was horrible. All the costumes clash, like from different time periods all in the same place undecided.

Really? Actually for a wrestler, i think the Rock has more star power that all the others who try to make it in hollywood. I really hated Doom. . .everything was just bad except for karl Urban (he also does shitty movies but i just like him. . .he may soon kill my like for him though)

I don't want to see any other Resident Evil. Am tired of the whole thing.
shocked shocked shocked Advent suxs? shocked shocked Don't let the fans hear erhhh see that tongue grin grin I liked spirits within too but preferred Advent though graphically spirits within was superb.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 10:16am On Feb 12, 2008
@iice

heres a cyber kiss for yer, dahlin! me and me mates argue till we blue about which has better graphics. i saiud spirits but they prefer advents anime style and motion capture. the characters are more lifelike (and human) in spirits, and the story more powerful. advent has sleek animatiuon sure but its nothing than a carry-over of final fantasy 7.

aki ross in spirits is without question the most human CG character ever (except gollum-but he is not really human).

yah dwayne the rock does better given his brawling roots but better is better, never best. and he aint best at acting. scorpion king, doom etc are all second rate stuff.

in the name of the king. tee hee! uwe boll is really satan. google his name and see what the world thinks of him.

c'mon, give resi a chance. the game is maturing so maybe someday the pair of anderson and boll could get together and release resident evil 11: boredom.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 12:33pm On Feb 12, 2008
Exacto! Aki ross was really lifelike.

LOL not many actors are actually good actors. Most just get by. Uwe boll angry angry has joined the ranks of people i hope retire real soon.

Res 11: Boredom grin cheesy grin cheesy tongue grin tongue Lawdy. . .i hope it doesn't come to that.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2008
most actors are not even actors. they just strut their stuff whenever a camera gets their way. not even good stuff. keanu reeves cant act. ben afflek cant act. cuba gooding cant act. paris hilton cant act, sing, karaoke, party, or even do celebrity.

denzel washuington can act, but he is too humorless. tom hanks is great, jessica alba is stinky. heath ledger is dead. uwe boll is being unmerciful, alien versus predator 2 is a cliche and pointless, meet the fokkers is unfunny, meet the spartans gave me brain fever, national treasure 2 is rife with historical inaccuracies, juno was a bore, stallone further nailed his coffin in rambo, the kingdom is standard fare, action movies dont cut it, 300 is visual poetry but lacks substance, 27 dresses stole the spirit of the devil wears prada (i didnt know uwe boll likes prada grin) etc etc.

man! hollywood just dont cut it no more.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 4:13pm On Feb 13, 2008
Oh thank you!!! I detest Ben Affleck!!
Keanu lol is monotonous - flat line. Paris who? The self promoter? tongue grin Make she go rest jare. . .she can't act to save her life. Yeah i thought the Kingdom was good, atleast it wasn't what i expected or rather how i expected it to be.
Oh you even managed to watch 27 dresses. . .after knocked up i didn't bother. Didn't like that movie at all. Promotion of dumbness. . .trying to erase that movie from my memory.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 10:35am On Feb 14, 2008
yep. watched 27 dresses. as well as superbad which i got mixed feelings about. tell you the truth? im shifting focus towards video games now. im losing faith in movies. theres this shop in kaduna here bringing latest xbox360 stuff (as well as wii and ps3 but i own only the 360, thank God). after a hard days work i l;ook forward to relaxing with my pad and blow off heads. when i feel like watching movies, i put my sceptical garb on.
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 10:44am On Feb 14, 2008
Superbad?

really mixed feelings oo undecided
i hated all the swearing n cussing n **** words
but it was funny attimes

300, i will always love grin
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
@gamine

glad im not alone on superbad.

300. hmm. i called its visceral fight sequences visual poetry, i call parts oif the movie humorous, the other parts i call tedious. for me its always the effects. some will say leonidas' brashness. but didnt mel gibson give us similar in braveheart.

dont get me wrong its still a cool flick though.
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2008
300, still cool grin
i started playing Spartan warriors on PS2, tight!

A friend of mine wanted to watch DOA recently
i told him to back off

Most game movies have sucked and one can only laff at the actors
starring in DOA

As for Advent Children, i loved it a lot, color was a bit washed
but i have always loved FF7 so it didnt marra too much

As for the Spirits, yeah they are more life like but i didnt get the story sha
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2008
@gamine

lets see. there was a war on an alien planet somewhere, they nuked their planet but their spirits survived on a meteor which crashed on earth prompting the humans to believe it was an alien invasion especiaslly given that the spirits sap the spirit of whoever comes into contact with them. the human survivors dwell in a plasma-walled town and built a big frigging cannon in outer space to blow the heck out of the deeply-entrenched meteor in the bowels of earth out of which the alien spirits are spawned. unfortunately earth, as aki ross discovers, is alive with its own spirit force, Gaea. this gaea has the power to cancel out the negative force of the infectious alien spirit and since every living thing on earth was connected to gaea, bits of earth life could also be used to contain the alien spirit. the evil general, who lost family in the supposed invasion, was hellbent on unleashing the Zeus cannon on the spirit core even at the expense of killing Gaea but aki and edward of the Deep Eyes squad fought him. in the end gaea's spirit flowed through edward and cleansed earth of the alien scoundrels who are really malevolent lost ghosts.

thats my understanding of the movie from subsequent viewings.

advent children is not that deep, its anime style is too NARUTO for me.

hitman was a decemt game-movie conversion. im not entirely sure olyphant (is that how you spell it) was the right man to play Agent 47. if you think DOA (Dead On Arrival grin )is bad please watch House of the Dead. or alone in the dark.
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2008
lol grin

i liked Alone the Dark as a game tho oo

but i can hardly paly horror games for too long

creeps me out sad
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
really? project zero, fatal frame 2 and one other i cant remember are the scariest i ever played. the one i cant recall was placed in a mysterious japanese island. u play different survivors, bad guys are called shibito and something else.
Re: Review Any Movie by odada(m): 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2008
@iice, when I said Americas I was reffering to the lady that acts as UGLY BETTY in the series?I guess her real name is Americas ferrera I'm not too sure and I was also relating the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" to the hit sitcom. . .so wheres my flaw in all these?
Re: Review Any Movie by lailai2(m): 2:21am On Feb 16, 2008
just re-watched 'lock,stock and 2 smokin' barrels after all these years, stil as cool as ever

love british films to d bone
Re: Review Any Movie by darami(f): 2:53am On Feb 16, 2008
I just watched Welcome Home Roscoe.It was really a mixed feeling,wasn't as funny as l thought. However, it worth watching if you likes Martin Lawrence.

Also watched Why did l get Married, very nice movie and lots of drama. People can learn one or two things from it.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 11:01am On Feb 16, 2008
I adore 300 grin grin grin Love it, still love it, will always love it tongue grin grin

Gamine, i can't play horrors for long too but my friend loves it like madness and she's a girl.
My cousin's favorite game is fatal frame. . .
DOA was hmm hmmm! well i'd say its better than Bloodrayne angry angry but not by much. Sucky movie.

i watched Asterix and the Vikings lol last night. Still cool, obelix still kills me grin grin grin

odada:

@iice, when I said Americas I was reffering to the lady that acts as UGLY BETTY in the series?I guess her real name is Americas ferrera I'm not too sure and I was also relating the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" to the hit sitcom. . .so wheres my flaw in all these?
Who said anything about flaws? Coz when i first read your post, i was thinking, if it was an episode or something then it hit me that you were talking about the Actress. America sure. . .
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2008
300 kiss kiss

iice im telling ya

i will physically throw the pad away embarassed
lol

Resident Evil is the last horror game i saw
and its gathering spiderwebs in my house!

Asterix, awww
ooh how i miss it
We used to have recorded videotapes of it
No one knoes where dey r now, lost or stolen undecided

I just watched Music and Lyrics
contrary to what i thought, i actually like it smiley
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2008
Ahhh i liked it too, though i didnt expect to. And that pop song. . .it's so british pop lol
Re: Review Any Movie by almondjoy(f): 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2008
Nothing happening jare---waiting for "Vantage Point" to open Feb 22nd. Everything else na piecies/rubbish! angry
Re: Review Any Movie by odada(m): 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2008
Oceans 13 review that wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Review Any Movie by Esss(m): 11:56pm On Feb 17, 2008
FILMZ , REVEIW

1. 300 , Full of shit
2. Apocalypto , Watchable
3. Goodluck Chuck , Alright
4. Titanic , Depressing
5. Gladiators , Buy it, watch it, keep it.
6. Resident evil 3 , Was the part 3 really necessary.
7. I am Legend , Resident evil wanna be.
8. Hairspray , I have my reservations. I still think "grease 1" is better.
9. Sound of music , All time classic
10. Knocked up , I still cant understand why I laughed althrough this movie cos it wasnt the least bit funny.
Re: Review Any Movie by odada(m): 12:19am On Feb 18, 2008
here's one movie worth reviewing;
Imgine Micheal Scoffield breaking out of prison with some terrorist and Jack Bauer is the agent sent to capture him?then he scurries off to an uncharted island and rendezvous with Jack Sheperd et al, what do y'all think will happen grin grin grin and what do we call the movie?
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 9:33am On Feb 18, 2008
@odada

hmm. how to break out of prison in 24 hours? 24 hour prison break? prison break part 24? 24:prison break? 24 hours in guantanamo? jailbreak iphone in 24 hours?
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2008
Lol

I just watched Hairspray undecided
i liked it smiley
but watching John Travolta as a Woman was revolting angry
Watching Zac Efron was refreshing, d guy is fina shaaa wink
Re: Review Any Movie by almondjoy(f): 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2008
Thelma and Louise! grin

Funny cheesy and sad cry at the same time!

5***** kiss
Re: Review Any Movie by OpeLovely(f): 11:46am On Feb 19, 2008
Shoot 'em up-

Graphic violence for the action lovers but poor on storyline.

Blood Car-

Nice Unrealistic comedy and terrible plot

I am Legend-

Nice effects, cool plot, emotional story. A tragedy indeed. Kudos to Will Smith.

The Golden Compass-

Fantasy story, great acting skills.

Sweet November-

Romance at its best. That is love!
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2008
odada, thats just crazy tongue tongue grin grin
Dunno. . .kindda hooked on TV shows right now undecided
Re: Review Any Movie by tRoOE(f): 2:30am On Feb 20, 2008
I saw the Jumpers last saturday, love the movie, its was off the hook.

At First, I thought the movie was going to be like another spider man or superman both it was totally different.

But I think the movie is going to have a part 2 because I felt his mother is going to be chasing him very soon, the black guy that was trying to kill him will also be after him since he isn’t dead yet, and the 2nd jumper guy that was stuck in the lighting will be after him.

So did anyone else see the movie yet? how was it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Tega & Boma Being Cheered By Fans Outside Beat FM, Lagos: Pics & Video / Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / 15 Nigerians Making Us Proud In Hollywood*Pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.