Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (55936 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Any Movie by ikamefa(f): 2:56am On Oct 04, 2007
can anybody believe that i just finished watching the last king of Scotland? embarassed embarassed embarassed ( the Idi-Amin) movie cheesy

oh my GOD ! so much blood-shed and paranoia

Forest deserved that Oscar! awesome! kiss
Re: Review Any Movie by MoOdYLaDy(f): 3:13am On Oct 04, 2007
ikamefa:

can anybody believe that i just finished watching the last king of Scotland? embarassed embarassed embarassed ( the Idi-Amin) movie cheesy

oh my GOD ! so much blood-shed and paranoia

Forest deserved that Oscar! awesome! kiss
That was a great movie but i cried after what they did to that lady.

too much blood cry cry cry

the white guy was very lucky to survive, and that president was insane

sex scene was the best grin grin
Re: Review Any Movie by omoge25(f): 5:43am On Oct 04, 2007
watched Mr. Beans Holiday this past weekend. The movie was not that great just like his old show just longer, anyone watch it?
Re: Review Any Movie by ikamefa(f): 4:05am On Oct 06, 2007
MoOdYLaDy:

That was a great movie but i cried after what they did to that lady.

too much blood cry cry cry

the white guy was very lucky to survive, and that president was insane

sex scene was the best grin grin

true that! the Scottish guy was just all over the place wink even the presidents junior wife cheesy cheesy
Re: Review Any Movie by dinozzo(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2007
watched I now pronounce you chuck and larry, typical Adam Sandler movie but the gay part of the film got me a bit irritated though the lead characters were just pretending to be gay so it was kind of funny, there were also some very funny one liners. It starred Jessica Biel too. Overall a good watch for a comedy.
Re: Review Any Movie by MoOdYLaDy(f): 5:10am On Oct 07, 2007
ikamefa:

true that! the Scottish guy was just all over the place wink even the presidents junior wife cheesy cheesy
Yes oh that Scottish guy was a bit slutty sef, I remembered during the bus ride from the airport he met that African lady then slept with her and didn't even protection, nasty ass grin grin, too bad the president couldn't slice his balls off for sleeping with the wife
Re: Review Any Movie by ojoagefu(f): 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2007
CROSSRAODS is the story of three friends lucy(briteny spears),kit(zoe saldana),and mimi(taryn manning).who after eight years apart,rediscover their friendship on a cross country trip,with barely a plan,practically no money but plenty of dreams,the girls catch a lift with mimi's handsome mysterious friend Ben(anson mount)in his 73 Buik convertable.Along the way they not only gather experience that will change their lives forever,but they also discover how important it is to hold onto their hearts desires.

Re: Review Any Movie by Seun(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2007
I can't believe I never heard about that movie. It must have been terrible. I bet Ms. Spears can't act.
Re: Review Any Movie by MoOdYLaDy(f): 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ojoagefu

That movie sucks, can't believe i wasted $9 to watch that movie angry angry, the movie was a waste of time sha lipsrsealed
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 1:19am On Oct 10, 2007
Crossroads. . .tufiakwa. . .30mins of my life i will never get back (Thank heavens i didn't finish it) That movie is beyond the worst of the worst list of movies. . .it should never have seen the light of day!
Re: Review Any Movie by omoge(f): 1:12am On Oct 13, 2007
One Night with the King kiss really nice movie.
Re: Review Any Movie by dinozzo(m): 6:07pm On Oct 13, 2007
anyone seen Fracture starring Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. I thought the movie was awesome, its a court thriller. Superb acting by the leading roles. I give it a 7 out of 10, worth watching.
Re: Review Any Movie by naijadiva2(f): 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2007
i don't know if its on the list but the pursuit of happiness and blood diamond(despite the distubing images)are really good.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 1:40am On Oct 15, 2007
@dinozzo, i on the other hand heard it wasn't too good. Sure acting wise, Sir Anthony and Ryan are great, Ryan is a very intense actor. . .i just love watching him, and Sir Anthony is a favorite of mine. But i'll try to watch it and see how the movie overall is. undecided
Re: Review Any Movie by odada(m): 4:43am On Oct 15, 2007
Who says the movie wasnt good? it totally rocked cheesy cheesy you know how sir hopkins can be very naughty when he wants to frustrate,especially if you are having an affair with his beautiful sexy and pretty young wife wink wink @iice
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2007
iice:

@dinozzo, i on the other hand heard it wasn't too good. Sure acting wise, Sir Anthony and Ryan are great, Ryan is a very intense actor. . .i just love watching him, and Sir Anthony is a favorite of mine. But i'll try to watch it and see how the movie overall is. undecided

I slept off 20 mins into the movie at the theater but alot of my friends seems to love that movie except it.
I thought it was just boring.
Re: Review Any Movie by Busta(f): 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2007
anyone seen resident evil extinction yet?
Love the fight, and got no clue why ashanti was casted in that movie. She was like the first person to die.
Re: Review Any Movie by dinozzo(m): 1:01am On Oct 16, 2007
iice:

I guess some people felt the script wasn't original, maybe we've seen so many of its kind undecided. But the acting from Hopkins and Ryan made it tick.

Busta:

I slept off 20 mins into the movie at the theater but alot of my friends seems to love that movie except it.
I thought it was just boring.
I certainly wouldn't have been satisfied if I went to see it in the cinema especially if I used my money grin. I reserve that privilege for the top films and films with lots of action.
Re: Review Any Movie by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2007
You guys heard of Jammie Fox's new movies- The Kingdom
www.thekingdommovie.com/
www.imdb.com/title/tt0431197/

Can't wait for the movie to be out on DVD.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:41am On Oct 18, 2007
Busta. . .its a given that games turned into movies suck except for Silent Hill which BTW totally rocks! (Best i have seen so far) Nwayz, I can't believe how that movie has survived into a trilogy - Milla naked, fighting, naked, fighting - i guess it works undecided grin grin Never liked Resident Evil - just stick to the game (which the movies not even really like) Since i mentioned Silent Hill, i guess that would be the movie to review lol If you have played the game, you gotta watch the movie, its pretty good and so like the game. Very eerie, scary, and gory grin grin
Re: Review Any Movie by dmax90: 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2007
Yoruba Movie: Eni Akoko (The First Person)

Hey, has anyone seen this movie - its a Taiwo Hassan (Ogogo) movie and I thought it rocked! I watched the DVD version (not the VCD) bought it in NY. The storyline , production quality and acting was superb!

I loved Funke Akindele's drunk girl. In her drunken stupor she tried to "pick up" a guy at a night club and this romantic comedy rolls on from there. Another thing I liked about this movie was the 100 % Yoruba that was being spoken by the actors. Congrats to the Screenplay writer - Yemi Adesina.

Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 11:19am On Nov 04, 2007
Ok just got back from watching American Gangster. . .
The movie is freaking long!!!!!
As always, Denzel gives a compelling performance, more with silence and gestures than with words
A whole lotta people in this movie that i didn't even know were gonna be in the movie
Yeah critics are dead on with Crowe's accent, its horrendous!
Josh Brolin playing 3rd wheel to Washington and Crowe, wow he did shine. . .awesome performance!
Overall though, it was a nice movie but not a wow wow wow for me undecided
Re: Review Any Movie by anusule(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2007
wats long about it? if u enjoyd it, it wouldnt be long to you.

film of the year.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2007
undecided undecided
Not my film of the year!
Re: Review Any Movie by dinozzo(m): 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2007
anyone seen the trailer of beowolf. Its coming out this weekend, looks good from the trailer.
Re: Review Any Movie by anusule(m): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2007
sorry, film of the month.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:14am On Nov 08, 2007
dinozzo:

anyone seen the trailer of beowolf. Its coming out this weekend, looks good from the trailer.

Ohhh gawd!! I have been drooling over that trailer for weeks. . .lets see how Zemeckis does with this one!  Can't wait!
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:54am On Nov 12, 2007
30 dayz of night : Ohhh why o why? sad A favorite genre of mine, dwindled to a cinder sad Movie sucked and not even the gory scenes could redeem it.  Oh wait! The ending looks familiar. . .right, i thought i saw that in Blade II

Stardust: Suprisingly good. I expected something disappointing, but good thing it shot that expectation to bits. One of the few movies i have enjoyed this year
Re: Review Any Movie by dinozzo(m): 4:37am On Nov 12, 2007
Stardust is that good shocked. I'll give it a try but now I might be expecting too much from it. Beowulf is the next big thing, enough CGI. Hopefully it would be good.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2008
@iice

your mind has been preconditined into accepting vam,pires as portrayed in dire movies such as from dusk till dawn, bl;ade and buffy you probably cant wrap your mind around vampires as nothing less bestial and more human. none of that CG plastered bat mug, none of that superhuman ability and certainly none of the instant bat transmogrification made famous by tons of B grade vampire stuff. 30 days of night is not a great movie by any stretch of the imaginatoin but it certainly wasnt the worst vampire movie ever. foir me, it revived the creepiness of Bram Stoker and christopher lee when i was a wee lad. all fangs, powdered face, deep black pupils and either grey hair or jet black all in a fog-dense night. brrrh!! creepy. then silly movies came along and killed the entire vampire notion with ugly rubber faces, plasticine and CGI. vcampires now are less scary and more annoying.

30 days of night made a good attempt in the right direction but sadly the concept of presentation overshadowed the promise the story held, and the entire project went to ruins. and i do agree with you on the ending, as i ranted elsewhere. i really take exception when one life is exchanged for another; it defeats any purpose of a satisfying ending when the lead character dies and saves his girlfriend. certainly she would wish, if she loved him, she were dead as well.
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2008
dinozzo:

CGI can never replace live actors. i cant make sense of zemeckis getting hold of A list actyors, motion capturing them and then transitioning to pure CGI affair. the characters looked wooden and lifeless (except for a jolly naked angelina jolie). the transition marred the performances, not accented them, and it seem zemeckis never learned from the dismal polar express. frankl;y i would advise you to tone down your expectations before you see beowulf: for it would certainly shatter them
Re: Review Any Movie by Neoteny(m): 5:33pm On Feb 09, 2008
iice:

Busta. . .its a given that games turned into movies suck except for Silent Hill which BTW totally rocks! (Best i have seen so far) Nwayz, I can't believe how that movie has survived into a trilogy - Milla naked, fighting, naked, fighting - i guess it works undecided grin grin Never liked Resident Evil - just stick to the game (which the movies not even really like) Since i mentioned Silent Hill, i guess that would be the movie to review lol If you have played the game, you gotta watch the movie, its pretty good and so like the game. Very eerie, scary, and gory grin grin

silent hill rox? hmm, it was faithful to the games atmosphere (or at least it tried) but the story is as convoluted as they come. the ending-was that supposed to be a twist? didnt work for me.

you are very right regarding resident evil. you know sometimes i feel the folks who translate games to the big screen either never played the games, or they played them for research and totally missed the import. Resident evil (the game) was cast ina genre called 'survival horror' which was pioneered by Alone in the Dark. the premise was place a bunch of characters in tight spaces, give them few firearms and watch them try to get out of the mess alive. that is the spirit of resident evil. however paul anderson took it upon himself to miss this simple premise and instead concoct a project completely deviant from the soul of survival horror.

resident evil the moiviefells as if it was infected with the T virus itself as it is several levels a bad mutation of the game. survival played a role, sure, but 'horror' was nowhere to be found in the midst of a bunch of haphazard and genuinely unadorable characters. fright factor was zero, a complete disservice to the chill i felt down my spine when i encountered the hunter in the original resident evil on playstastion 1, and the Licker for the first time in the police station in RE2. i watched the movie genuinely waitin to be scared, to be reminded of the utter horror of turning a corner and coming face to face with the undead. i was severely disappointed.

the second instalment was a little closer to the game in terms of characters but not chronology. however this too failed dismally. nemesis, the supreme chill giver in RE3 was reduced to a mere absurdity, and the thud of his approaching boots-so tense-filling in the game-felt like a bad throb in my temple reminding me of the pain of watching the tripe. zombies-the staple of the resident evil series-suddenly were reduced to a background role, appearing as a streak of constant blur you or the characters hardly notice or even care about. then there was the issue of duplicating Alice in the CGI-like jill Valentine. as i understand it, alice is based on jill valentine. but stupidly the two fought side by side in one movie and suddenly you couldnt care who died and who ended up the main lead as both are remarkably similar. remeber that stupid scene in the cemetery? dire! very kung fu-esque.

resident evil extintion was appropriate: it drove the entire franchise to extinction and heres hoping it stays that way.
no tie-in to the games, dreary, miscast, poor exposure (that desert setting in that lens kinda hurt me eyes, see). and the ending? P.U.!

i wont even waste words on this one because it is still fresh in our memories.

at least its good enough that capcom is taking matters into its own hands and shooting a CG version, showing them how its done.

in my opinion, the likes of paul ws. anderson and uwe boll should not be allowed to make movies. someone ought to 'otherwise:ban' them ala seun!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Tega & Boma Being Cheered By Fans Outside Beat FM, Lagos: Pics & Video / Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / 15 Nigerians Making Us Proud In Hollywood*Pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.