Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race (15108 Views)

Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan May Concede Defeat Soon - Punch / Jonathan May Be Jailed For 7 Years After Tenure - Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by nijanigga: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Look at CORRUPTION at an unprecedented level below; Do Nigerians have shame? This is under Gej's watch.
Four clubs involved in two play-off matches that ended 79-0 and 67-0 respectively - a total of 146 goals - have been suspended in Nigeria.
source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23240104
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Longeria(m): 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
CFCfan:
Exactly. Primaries are part and parcel of the democratic process. In the US, the Parties hold primaries even when d incumbent President is running for re-election.
Mr know all, did Democrats conduct any presidential primary during last election? If yes, Obama vs who? Parties in USA has long realised the damage primary elections causes incumbent President hence they stopped it.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by fermlad: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
[b][/b] [color=#770077][/color]Thought the US made some predictions on Nigeria about 2015? ok....they're lying, abi. ok
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by skyluv2000(m): 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
Well, whatever it will take for a southerner to remain on that sit is welcome,if he like let him even skip general election,its all Good for the northern monkeys. Who cares hissssssssssss
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Tonylyte(m): 5:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
Seenyo: Bunch of criminals living in a fool's paradise! Who's going 2 waste his vote on a clueless cowboy? Mtchewwww!
Seenyo: Bunch of criminals living in a fool's paradise! Who's going 2 waste his vote on a clueless cowboy? Mtchewwww!

aboki na so una d vex. Very soon d waste product of ya vexation na to go bomb or gundown innocent children.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by creativemusic: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by takedat(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
Where is @Lastpope? grin
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Gbawe: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
Afam4eva: PDP must not be allowed to tow the path of ACN. The traditional of conducting primaries must be maintained.

And who will stop them? People like you who do not join any Party or get involved only to say you are PDP today, APC tomorrow and APGA Saturday or whichever way the wind blows you? Is it fence-sitters who tell us daily "they are all the same" yet want the right to comment on the internal conducts of Parties they don't even believe in joining that will stop Anenih? No. It is fellow PDP stakeholders who can stop Anenih if they want.

At intra-Party level, the general public has no choice but to butt out. It is for Anenih and his camp to try it and for others to resist them or agree with them. As long as the 'vanquished' and disenfranchised in the "nest of killers" don't turn their murdering rage on Nigeria, then this issues remain a PDP internal affair ultimately.

People like you saying the PDP "must" conduct Primaries do not know what you are talking about. You are ignorant if you think Parties do anything wrong not hosting Primaries. I would advise you to familiarise yourself with the different legitimate ways with which stakeholders can choose their own representatives. It may be appealing to see Primaries but it is not illegal not to have them.

Looking at issues dispassionately, Anenih can utilise this legitimate loophole, even if Primaries were the way in the past, if he can get enough people on board and if those opposed to his plan are cowered effectively. I suspect this won't be the case so I will personally enjoy the show.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by iykofias(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
If only I can tel GEJ 2go 2 hell in such a way that he wil look forward to the trip...if only!!!
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
bubadaniel13: That can't not be true...i don't think GEJ is this undemocratic, i still consider him as a gentle man...

But if he is contesting, what would the primaries for? instead i will expect it to be an endorsement party
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Tonylyte(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Gej will rule till 2019. After then, we can devide d cntry. U cnt eat ya cake and hav it bak. The north failed us badly......we must not repeat dat same mistake again......they can go bak and look after dia cattles. Or remain hunger-stricken. Nuff respect to my idoma brodas...coming 4m a yala(cross-river) boy....nuff respect to ma mums people in neni(anambra state) lykwise....
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Billionaires: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
When APC ants hear that GEJ will get automatic ticket in 2015, they pee in their pants. The fear of GEJ indeed is the beginning of wisdom for the APC rats.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by kkkp: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
D clueles retardeen is afraid of 2015...if u dnt have confident on winin common primaries.. Hw do u expect to win presidential grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
Tonylyte: Gej will rule till 2019. After then, we can devide d cntry. U cnt eat ya cake and hav it bak. The north failed us badly......we must not repeat dat same mistake again......they can go bak and look after dia cattles. Or remain hunger-stricken. Nuff respect to my idoma brodas...coming 4m a yala(cross-river) boy....nuff respect to ma mums people in neni(anambra state) lykwise....
Your head dey dia...cheesy
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Tonylyte(m): 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yoruba-Ah!-Ye!:
Your head dey dia...cheesy

Lol, dem don impeach river state speaker wit just 5 law makers-dats 5/30. That shows d model of 2015 election. The power of incumbency. They can all turn against gej. Buh only 2 of our votes and dat of his, wil tak him there.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
Its a PDP affair, they can choose their candidate anyhow they want

We dey wait them for general election
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Fadenitan(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
Nobody can defeat GEJ in 2015,there are many interest involved,not all d yoruba are not with GEJ,there are millions of yoruba that will vote for PDP.Come to d north,there is north centre,north west and d north east,surely d north centre is for GEJ,d north west where d VP come from is for GEJ,d north east is divided and south east and south south is 100% for GEJ,do ur political calculation properly.There are different interest and factors,eg tribes,religious,political interest and many other factor.I rest my case.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
mtcheeeew!! Democracy my Ass. Next pls.......
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Akainzo(m): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Longeria: Mr know all, did Democrats conduct any presidential primary during last election? If yes, Obama vs who? Parties in USA has long realised the damage primary elections causes incumbent President hence they stopped it.

Obama was on the ballot in all states, where he ran mostly unopposed. In addition to Obama, the following attained ballot status in at least one state:[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012

1 Like

Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Lordave: 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yes he'll skip it.
When I say skip it, I mean facing no real opposition in the primaries.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by omenka(m): 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Billionaires: Why do we need primaries when we already know who can win election for us ?

The objective of Primaries is to ascertain which candidate is more popular within the Party and as I type this, there is no other candidate that can win 2015 for us in PDP than Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe (JEGA).

[size=18pt]FRESH AIR!!!!!![/size]

PDP - Power2dPeople!

Only a man with a vacuum in his skull can say something like this!! You are irredeemably pathetic.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
bubadaniel13: That can't not be true...i don't think GEJ is this undemocratic, i still consider him as a gentle man...
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by omenka(m): 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
I wonder what the good people of plateau state now think of their once beloved governor.

A man whose house is on fire going on a rat hunting expedition!

Indeed, Nigeria is a country where very strange things happen.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by fiscalcliff: 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
kutchs:
Who contested against Obama in the Democrats primaries?
LIAR
All you need to say was he had no major opposition e.g. like Hilary Clinton within his party

Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by AjCityOne: 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
CFCfan:
Exactly. Primaries are part and parcel of the democratic process. In the US, the Parties hold primaries even when d incumbent President is running for re-election.

Why u dey act like day u know politics when be say weyin u dey talk to correct. But anyway in case you no know they don't hold primaries for incumbent in the US
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by bestower: 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote
author=CFCfan]
Exactly. Primaries are part and parcel of the democratic process. In the
US, the Parties hold primaries even when d incumbent President is
running for re-election.[/quote]This is africa,nigeria precisely our ways of thinking really differs.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
ok we waiting
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
AjCityOne:

Why u dey act like day u know politics when be say weyin u dey talk to correct. But anyway in case you no know they don't hold primaries for incumbent in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_candidates,_2012
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
kkkp: D clueles retardeen is afraid of 2015...if u dnt have confident on winin common primaries.. Hw do u expect to win presidential grin grin grin
Wait till after 2015 to fine out
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
bestower: Exactly. Primaries are part and parcel of the democratic process. In the
US, the Parties hold primaries even when d incumbent President is
running for re-election.
This is africa,nigeria precisely our ways of thinking really differs.This is africa,nigeria precisely our ways of thinking really differs.[/quote]

Who ran against Obama in a primary for his second term in USA?
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Who ran against Obama in a primary for his second term in USA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_candidates,_2012
Virtually unknown names
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by PointB: 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
I dont like this idea of no primaries for incumbents, but because of his comparatively better performance, we - coalition of over 22 million Nigerians who voted for GEJ last time, together with those who are enjoying the transformation agenda, are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ride on Mr. President, you have over 22 million people behind you. No shaking!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Print 5000 Naira Note With The Face Of Dora Akunyili / Jack Obinyan: Edo State ACP Is Alive / #twitterban: Malami’s Prosecution Threat Lacks Legal Backing – Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.