Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race (15107 Views)

Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan May Concede Defeat Soon - Punch / Jonathan May Be Jailed For 7 Years After Tenure - Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Fhemmmy: 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
CFCfan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_candidates,_2012
Virtually unknown names

Thanks for the lecture . . . never knew about that.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by PStacks(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
Everyday I fall more and more in love with the President, gentle and soft spoken but still has a way of passing his message.. Always with a smile on his face, always talking jovialy..
The most important thing is that the message has been passed.
Out of everything in this piece, it was only GEJ that intrigued me.

You are to face ur work.. Not the opposition. The oppositions work is to oppose and its ok. Its healthy for democracy..

If they don't do primaries its their business, provided they will not say there is no General elections..

If they field an incumbent the electorate are not ok with, and the opposition does primaries and fields a better candidate, there's chance the opposition will our run them..
They wouldn't do what won't Pay them..
Anyone they like let them do, provided elections would be free and fair and d best man wins and the people's vote counts. That's it.
Primary or no primary is solely their business. Provided they will not impose on me what their party agrees and my vote is d decidal, even if they impose incumbent on their party

1 Like

Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Akpan107(m): 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
I dont really care! Wether there would be primary or not, GEJ must be the President come 2015. I dont really care about what the North are trying to use Ameachi for or the kind of meetings they are holding against the one God has already bless! One thing i know is that, in 2015, every Nigerian must work against the ''cabal'' and GEJ ''MUST'' be made the PRESIDENT!!!

Who is talking of DEMOCRACY here? As far as know, democracy has never been practise in Nigeria, and it must not start when is our turn to rule Nigeria...

GEJ's second tenure is non negotiable!!!!! And to Hell with African type of Democracy, maybe it should be better called ''Democrezzy''
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by rhames(m): 8:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
age old crafty criminal.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by clemtony(m): 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Na who send am...[color=#990000][/color]
CFCfan: There are indications that the ruling Peoples Democratic Party may, after all do away with its age long tradition of conducting primaries for all elective positions and, instead; endorse the incumbent president and incumbent governors seeking re-election as its flag bearers in the forthcoming 2015 elections.

The chairman of the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT), Chief Tony Anenih, gave the hint when he spoke late Thursday night at a forum tagged PDP Family Dinner held for the party stalwarts at the Banquet Hall of the State Hose, Abuja

But in a swift reaction, the Arewa Consultative Forum said it would amount to a mockery of democracy if the ruling party decides not to conduct primaries for some elective positions for the 2015 polls.

According to Anenih, sharp divisions over the outcome of primaries in the past have created serious problem for the party and its members.

Big wigs of the PDP had converged in Abuja to wine and dine in an attempt to revive the party, which in recent times have been battling with internal wrangling.
Seeking the legitimisation of his opinion on the jettisoning of primaries, the BOT Chair said the party must evolve a new system of producing "our flag bearers that will preserve our unity and the President and governors seeking second term should be given automatic tickets."

Anenih also told participants that the current situation whereby two of the party members are laying claims to the leadership of the Nigerian Governors Forum was unacceptable and must be addressed urgently.

Anenih, who said the survival of the party hung on the balance, noted: "Having two chairmen in the Nigerian Governors Forum and both of them are PDP members is embarrassing and must be addressed. We cannot preside over a divided house and I urged the PDP leadership to step in and address the situation."

But the chairman of the party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, followed a different path by openly declaring that Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau was the new chairman of the NGF. Jang later led 14 of the governors to a meeting with President Jonathan yesterday morning.
Jang, who insisted that he was the legitimate chairman of the NGF, told journalists after the Friday meeting that the governors met the president to felicitate with him on his achievements after two years in office and discussed the security challenges in the country.

President Goodluck Jonathan, who spoke last at the dinner, in the early hours of yesterday, also posited that controversies in politics was a healthy development that strengthen affiliations, stressing that criticism of the ruling party by the opposition political parties should not cause it any worry.

The president said: "if opposition keeps holding meeting then you should smile; if they don't you should be uncomfortable. If the opposition abuses the President you should sleep well; if they don't you should be worried.

"PDP is not built on the platform of conspiracy. We don't believe in conspiracy. We must continue to unite. Sometimes family members disagree; why we continue to win at elections is because we have a way of settling our differences at the 11th hour. We must continue to work together and resolve our differences; then we will continue to win elections."

The spokesman of the ACF, Anthony Sani, said the proposal by the PDP to give incumbents automatic tickets in 2015 would be against the Electoral Act, which prescribes internal democracy in the political parties.
According to him, the Act prescribes that even if there is only one candidate for a position, the members of the party must vote "yes or no".
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-may-skip-party-s-primaries-in-2015-race/149082/
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
P.Stacks:
Everyday I fall more and more in love with the President, gentle and soft spoken but still has a way of passing his message.. Always with a smile on his face, always talking jovialy..

And thats exactly how he gets people like you to :

1. Allow him swallow N1.3Billion food/yr. Complain that the money is not enough for his meals because it only allows him to eat twice a day instead of 3. P.S:Your President uses $32,000/day for his meals while 79% of Nigerians use $1-2/day for feeding.

2. Allow his illiterate wife become a Permanent Secretary in Bayelsa while she lives in Abuja. Hey, just so you know: SHE HAS NEVER APPEARED TO HER JOB IN THE BAYELSA CIVIL SERVICE SINCE SHE WAS HIRED!

3. Give his wife N4-6Billion to play with on a Mission House, just because she felt like it.

4. Smile and say "Oh, what a humble man", even though he has refused to declare his assets so he can explain how he became a Trillionaire (In Naira) less than 5yrs after having nothing from all his years as a lecturer.

This man's sins are just too much (I already enumerated like 37 before settling on just these 4), but Im tired of talking. Trying to show people like yourself that a demon is in charge of your country is getting tiring. You guys are like fat people, you'll take the steps to become healthier when you want to... if death from the neglect of your person doesnt take you first.

GEJ is as useless, hopeless, dense and corrupt as they come ... but you just love his smile dontcha?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Pataki: 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
I really don't care what retardeen and his blood sucking party does come 2015. All I care for is that, 2015 marks the end of the insane, clueless leadership Nigeria we are currently cursed with.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by olivertwist: 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
superior1: How will Jona-dumbo win the Presidential election when he is even afraid of his party's primary election. He doesn't want to be JANGulairised? grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Fhemmmy: 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pataki: I really don't care what retardeen and his blood sucking party does come 2015. All I care for is that, 2015 marks the end of the insane, clueless leadership Nigeria we are currently cursed with.

I wish we have more people that are willing to see the 2015 as a time for a new and better direction for a nation that really needs it. . . but so sad that the "Leaders" knows how to make the people work for them and push them into offices.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Dee60: 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pray that the eyes of the President be opened to see his enemies all around him. Primary or no primary, some Nigerians will vote anything but Jonathan in future elections.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by playmode(m): 9:04am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: Why do we need primaries when we already know who can win election for us ?

The objective of Primaries is to ascertain which candidate is more popular within the Party and as I type this, there is no other candidate that can win 2015 for us in PDP than Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe (JEGA).

[size=18pt]FRESH AIR!!!!!![/size]

PDP - Power2dPeople!

[size=15pt]The last grunt of a dying breed. [/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by livingday: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2013
"The BOT Chair said the party must evolve a new system of producing "our flag bearers that will preserve our unity and the President and governors seeking second term should be given automatic tickets."

In which country does automatic ticket represent 'true democracy'? We are not talking about communism or dictatorship! Any ineffective or corrupt elected official should not be allowed to continue in office. He or she should be challenged in the primaries.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by anonimi: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2013
CFCfan:
Exactly. Primaries are part and parcel of the democratic process. In the US, the Parties hold primaries even when d incumbent President is running for re-election.

Am I missing something?
Who contested primaries with Obama for his 2nd term last year?
Who contested primaries with George Bush in 2004?
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by dreezy911: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2013
F.R.E.S.H A.I.R 2015,GEJ has all of S/S and S/E.APC dnt even have whole of North nt to talk of S/W..
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by philips70(m): 11:10am On Jul 10, 2013
slimghost:

Sure thing. PDP is a democratic party. Trust me, a primaries will be conducted in 2015.

Yeah you and Afam4eva are very correct, like the democracy happening at the moment in the Rivers state HOA. All for a pot of porridge. SMH for you guys
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by philips70(m): 11:10am On Jul 10, 2013
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by dady12: 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
since jan 2011 ,i vow not to be a member of bounch of criminals,murderers, kidnappers ,wicked party called pdp,who care if they are not conducting primaries
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
anonimi:

Am I missing something?
Who contested primaries with Obama for his 2nd term last year?
Who contested primaries with George Bush in 2004?

Honestly, that was my thought too, but apparently there were Primaries conducted and Obama won,however, i think the real names in the party refused to contest so it was more like endorsement.
In 2012 - 51 individuals contested or show interest - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_candidates,_2012
Read more here for Bush contest in 2004: ]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2004
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by iykemyke: 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
CFCfan:
Exactly. Primaries are part and parcel of the democratic process. In the US, the Parties hold primaries even when d incumbent President is running for re-election.

did obama undergo any president as incumbent. Incumbent dont undergo primaries please.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
iykemyke:

did obama undergo any president as incumbent. Incumbent dont undergo primaries please.

I thought so too, till i was educated on this thread and i started to dig. . . We are all wrong
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by kinguwem: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2013
CFCfan:

Incumbent US Presidents seeking re-election do not contest party primaries.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 11, 2013
kinguwem:
Incumbent US Presidents seeking re-election do not contest party primaries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_candidates,_2012
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by ddeola: 1:27am On Jul 11, 2013
I dey laff grin grin grin Olagbaja for president, no manifesto no campaign grin grin grin grin unopposed lo wo'le jo...
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by wirinet(m): 5:56am On Jul 11, 2013
President Jonathan is so scared and unsure of his popularity that he his afraid of primaries. It is Obvious that if primaries were to be held today president Jonathan would lose woefully. You will be surprised the number of PDP governors - even some south south governors.

You should remember most of the south south governors were against Jonathan's emergence as acting president and only after he succeeded in becoming president with the support of the south west. I doubt Uduaghan would not be waiting for an opportunity to get back at Jonathan for what he did to his cousin - Ibori. It is only the fear of persecution that is making them pretend to support Jonathan publicly.
Re: Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race by Fhemmmy: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
wirinet: President Jonathan is so scared and unsure of his popularity that he his afraid of primaries. It is Obvious that if primaries were to be held today president Jonathan would lose woefully. You will be surprised the number of PDP governors - even some south south governors.

You should remember most of the south south governors were against Jonathan's emergence as acting president and only after he succeeded in becoming president with the support of the south west. I doubt Uduaghan would not be waiting for an opportunity to get back at Jonathan for what he did to his cousin - Ibori. It is only the fear of persecution that is making them pretend to support Jonathan publicly.

cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Umeh,Alex Otti Arrive Dublin, Ireland In Style For An Award Ceremony.PICS / Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets / How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.