Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,432 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone (33426 Views)

5.1 Lollipop Update Is Coming To All Tecno With Ota Very Soon / Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 Lite G313H ( ₦ 18,200 ) And Samsung Galaxy Star (₦ 15,000 ) / Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by physise(m): 11:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
Elxandre:
Dude i know i've just successfully brushed the dust off your brain.
Right now, your inner man is telling you, Elxandre just banged my head on the wall and exposed my ignorance. and you really wanna apologize to me..
Kaycee7: i'm sorry for my comments boss
*Elxandre: forget it son, i know u just ignorant and childish
*Kaycee7: am i forgiven?
*Elxandre: I dont even have your time kid.
grin grin ;P
i nor fit laugh o cheesycheesygringrin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by directonpc(m): 2:51am On Jul 11, 2013
lat4real:

Oh boy! Your level of ignorance is stunning. You don't know the difference between ROM(Read only memory) and internal storage. Let me educate you, if Samsung phone has 16GB on board storage, you will only have 10-12gb user accessible and the rest for system. Same goes for RAM, some system applications will use part of your ram at startup.
your are still ignorant. Sammy's galaxy star will give you 512mb user accessible ram and and 2.5gb user accessible ram and this phone is only 13k a phone that beat your dear d5 and d3 but nobody insult d5. Why hate on the king of android?
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Youngtekkey(m): 3:03am On Jul 11, 2013
directonpc:
your are still ignorant. Sammy's galaxy star will give you 512mb user accessible ram and and 2.5gb user accessible ram and this phone is only 13k a phone that beat your dear d5 and d3 but nobody insult d5. Why hate on the king of android?
guy u r an animal for comparing this with d5 even though they both lack 3g am using d5 and so much enjoy it coz am using ma nokia e63 as a wifi hotspot for it u better think and know what u are asking before splitting rubbish here
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by directonpc(m): 3:53am On Jul 11, 2013
Youngtekkey: guy u r an animal for comparing this with d5 even though they both lack 3g am using d5 and so much enjoy it coz am using ma nokia e63 as a wifi hotspot for it u better think and know what u are asking before splitting rubbish here
lol. 2 foolish statement u made.
1. u are using d5 makes it beta than Gstar. Mehn
2. U are using your e63 as a hotspot. Shey them give u free e63(which has 1 of the lowest 3G bands) when u buy the phone?
Bro i no blame you sha. Just another ignorant tecno fan.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Faroqk(m): 5:07am On Jul 11, 2013
caukerzee: It is not overpriced just that you are poor. Boooo!!!! Poverty no good oh.
Owo o mo ago!!! Mtcheew. A mufu in disguise!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by lat4real: 5:12am On Jul 11, 2013
directonpc:

On paper, galaxy star has 4GB memory but why only 2.5gb user accessible? Because system has used the remaining 1.5gb. Same goes for every other smartphones. If galaxy star has 512mb ram user accessible, tell me, all those system applications, are they going to be running on your head? Educate yourself... Besides the phone is 16k which makes it an overpriced piece of CRAP
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 5:33am On Jul 11, 2013
lat4real:

Oh boy! Your level of ignorance is stunning. You don't know the difference between ROM(Read only memory) and internal storage. Let me educate you, if Samsung phone has 16GB on board storage, you will only have 10-12gb user accessible and the rest for system. Same goes for RAM, some system applications will use part of your ram at startup.

Thank you.... God bless you
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 5:36am On Jul 11, 2013
Kaycee7: I just noticed I've been wasting my time replying you. You haven't posted anything reasonable apart from insults.
For the last time, check the meaning of flagship.
The current Tecno flagship Phantom A1 is a good phone offering a lot at a low price. I've never compared Tecno specs to any phone. I just love them for delivering a lot to the masses for less. Samsung didn't become a mobile giant in one day.
Caukerzee, bet me. You'll use a Tecno product in the near future.

Why would he use Tecno?? When he has a done deal with Samsung........ Hypocrite that we have in this country, everyone wants to use S5
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 5:42am On Jul 11, 2013
gboru: Tecno my foot,

Una wan also compare am with iPhone?

I rather use the samsung phone than using a phone that u fine drivers, BUSYBOX etc here and there before the can work properly.

Please stop calling Prison..... And what do you need drivers for??
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 5:45am On Jul 11, 2013
Kaycee7: I knew you were using a Nokia C1. Boooo... Hahaha.... Its league not leauge. At least spell your insults correctly.

Hahaha haha..... Borrow him your SwiftKey or touchpal
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 5:48am On Jul 11, 2013
caukerzee: Typical example of what I've been saying. These tecno fanboys/fangirls do not even know anything about mobile tech, yet they come here to argue that tecno is better than samsung simply because they played a few games and social networks.

Why not LIE a little?? Tecno phones are not better than all samsung phones.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 5:52am On Jul 11, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
samsung battles techno? roflmfao
Samsung battles with big boys like apple and HTC. they don't have time for mushroom companies like techno.
if not,I think they will just ban the n9 which is an imitation of gs4.
lol.Samsung battles techno!!. na so them jobless reach?

[size=38pt]CHAI[/size]

Some people are so dumb.... How can a normal person compare a tablet to a phone??
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 5:58am On Jul 11, 2013
Ojestas: Dat name sounds somehow and local,,,TECNO,dey ddnt av any good first impression,,,when i hear tecno,i remember NOISE....ish!!

That is because your ear drum has problems
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 11, 2013
upengineer: You can get it for #12900 at Samsung shop in Shoprite, Ikeja.
are u 4 real
12900 for dis carton!
6K nofin much, nofin less....
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 6:24am On Jul 11, 2013
directonpc: problem with tecno fans is, they no little of nothing about chips and computer. Its one thing for a company to give u spec of a device but when u buy it you will see crap. Tecno p3 for example has 340mb RAM but tecno d brag everywhere say na 512mb, same goes for tecno camera. When tecon say 5mp, for real sense na 3.1mp.
I will respect samsung for life. Galaxy pocket comes with 270mb ram instead of 250mb self. Lets wake up Tecno Olilas

But if Samsung say is 512mb it will be so?? Then the system apps will be running with your dry brain.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
and this is coming from a techno user.
at least you can find Nokia c1 @gsmarena.
GSM arena is a private website. Not an official mobile site. Btw, i dnt fink they hav any representative here in 9ja cos am sure u wuld hav seen Tecno devices on dat website.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 6:33am On Jul 11, 2013
physise: tecno n3 N12,000
Tecno p3 N12500-N14,500
Tecno f7 N34,500
Tecno n7 N29000

Low end phone you include a1
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 6:35am On Jul 11, 2013
Itoroetti :

They want to insult tecno.
Tecno n7 can be compared with s3 favourably.

Nah i disagree bro......
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by ibietela2(m): 6:38am On Jul 11, 2013
ibietela2:

After tell us that this phone is better than all Techno phones.... It can't even stand the N3 running GB not even the galaxy pocket and Y pro dous

You guys didn't notice @caukerzee of a guy has been ignoring this comment because it's the TRUTH.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 11, 2013
Aryourkunlay: Samsung better pass Tecno.. All Tecnos are Chinko.. U wan compare TecnoB3 with the cheapest samsung galaxy star, for where Abeg! Make more sense, tecnocrats!
For the records, i learnt Samsung is Korean(Asia) Tecno we all no China(Asia)
now go make research and tell me who amongst dis two giant countries is enjoying the climax of Tecnology
4 ur info, there are superior phones out there in china which can trash down SGS4 eg: "Xiaomi MiS2 2013 version" but i just wonder y those beasts are not released to the international market.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Scofield57(m): 6:44am On Jul 11, 2013
I still prefer my blackberry touch 3 phone. Tecno phones are just good 4 games nd has high graphics..dats all.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 11, 2013
samilo88:
Argue with facts and dont resort to calling someone kid on a faceless forum. He only asked you to check out d specs of both fones. Why dont you do that and come out with your findings. For the records tecno phantom isnt a low end phone. Dont confuse the term "low budget" with "low end". They mean two different things..
Tecno Phantom might be a Mid-range phone but thery are not floating with other mid-range devices in terms of specs and hardware build.........
I got ur point though wink
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 11, 2013
OCTAVO: Lolz.... Una dey quarrel because of phone?
Nawa o.
U neva see anything..... smiley
Go to gsmArena and laugh out ur lungs. Mehn we are followers compared to dem..........
Those whiteys are gagalicious wen it cums to mobile Tecnology
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Dabss(m): 7:26am On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: GSM arena is a private website. Not an official mobile site. Btw, i dnt fink they hav any representative here in 9ja cos am sure u wuld hav seen Tecno devices on dat website.
pls don't quote me when you are about to say nonsense.
so they have a representative for Samsung phones in Nigeria? nigga think before you type.

damn!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Michky: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2013
You dont get it, do you? This is not necessarily about making a low-end phone that'll win the hearts of the ever growing technonation. This is about stopping the increasing odacity to compare the cheap techno series with expensive samsung bigboy phones. In other words, samsung is trying to stop this embarassing comparism of their 100k phones with cheap 15k phones. And so far so good, their strategy seems to be working as planned.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by directonpc(m): 7:35am On Jul 11, 2013
ibietela2:

But if Samsung say is 512mb it will be so?? Then the system apps will be running with your dry brain.
fool samsung 512mb is user accessible ram. System apps have dedicated ram. Find a galaxy pocket and see what am saying.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Dabss(m): 7:35am On Jul 11, 2013
ibietela2:

[size=38pt]CHAI[/size]

Some people are so dumb.... How can a normal person compare a tablet to a phone??
t'was an honest mistake.I was referring to the f7. you should have known that if you even tried to think.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
pls don't quote me when you are about to say nonsense.
so they have a representative for Samsung phones in Nigeria? nigga think before you type.

damn!
Emmm...... Wat name shuld i call u Well, lemme skip dat
How do u fink they get a hands on review?
The phone flies ova to dem?
If a gsm arena representative here in 9ja gets a hands on review, i bet u'll get to see Tecno devices on dat site.
And the headline wuld be like......
A BRAND NEW WAVE IN AFRICA (TECNO)
GOT THAT??
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Dabss(m): 7:53am On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: Emmm...... Wat name shuld i call u Well, lemme skip dat
How do u fink they get a hands on review?
The phone flies ova to dem?
If a gsm arena representative here in 9ja gets a hands on review, i bet u'll get to see Tecno devices on dat site.
And the headline wuld be like......
A BRAND NEW WAVE IN AFRICA (TECNO)
GOT THAT??
nope. they get a hands on review at the event the phone was announced. they then wait for days or even weeks to get the phone for the complete review.
get your facts right.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by samilo88(m): 7:58am On Jul 11, 2013
Scofield57: I still prefer my blackberry touch 3 phone. Tecno phones are just good 4 games nd has high graphics..dats all.
Guy park well. We talking smartphones here and not some overrated piece of shit. What does your bb do besides pinging. If I take you on a ride with what I do with my p3 you'll see that Bro you've been sleeping on a bicycle. Your bb can only push one email, you have to subscribe to a different package if you want to push more than one mail. I have about four of my different emails synchronised into my phone so I receive nd send my mail on the go. I have access to torrent sites, that's if you know what a torrent file is. When I was using a bb some months back, I couldn't stream YouTube videos without incuring extra charges, but with my tecno I even download such videos using tubemate. Let's not talk much about streaming live football actions via sybla TV and USTV. Lest I forget to mention I created some of my excel packages and most of my power point presentation which I use for my work with my phone. So bro a tecno phone does more than gaming it all depends on individual. I am also a game savy guy that's why I also have lots of games on my phone. So guy, shouldn't you be thinking of getting a real smartphone. I only count the blackberries running on Os 10 as smart, the ones running on lower os are way under par.. Above all access to Google playstore. BlackBerry app world is sh*t full of boring apps..
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Kaycee7(m): 8:45am On Jul 11, 2013
Elxandre:
Dude i know i've just successfully brushed the dust off your brain.
Right now, your inner man is telling you, Elxandre just banged my head on the wall and exposed my ignorance. and you really wanna apologize to me..
Kaycee7: i'm sorry for my comments boss
*Elxandre: forget it son, i know u just ignorant and childish
*Kaycee7: am i forgiven?
*Elxandre: I dont even have your time kid.
grin grin ;P
Give me explained points not insults. Otherwise comot ur ugly face make me and Cauker continue our debate. Bomboy.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by caukerzee(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2013
Faroqk: Owo o mo ago!!! Mtcheew. A mufu in disguise!
Who come be this olodo again? Just park well for one side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Cost Of Mobile Internet Around The World(infographic) / Oukitel C8 Specifications /review / Which Phone Brand Do You Think Has The Best Camera Quality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.