Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - (47653 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
collynzo2: he has shown his man management skills with Mikel. All those other players you mentioned are not half as good as Robben or Balotelli or Suarez and the rest. Osaze for example has far more trouble than talent, his 9 goals in 10 years says it all.
well kanu scored 12 goals in 16 years but it didnt still take away d fact that he was a quality player for us.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2013
aikuda:

I agree with you that Oliseh may have used some strong language after Keshi made the issue personal. But that is to be expected after what Keshi said about Oliseh.
I don't want to banter words with you about the the meaning of "analysis". All I can say is that you cannot engage in useful "proactive" analysis without looking at existing facts, situations, phenomenon or occurrences. So whether you accept it or not most analysis are reactionary with a view to improving things in the future (you can call that "being proactive"wink.

FYI: As I said before, Keshi does not need to make this personal. Oliseh was only doing his job irrespective of how you perceive it. My disagreement with Keshi on this issue is no reflection of what I think about his handling of the team. I think he is doing a wonderful job, but we are not giving our best yet, and that is what everyone is after: including Oliseh, you, and I. Lets not fight!

Honestly I was surprised at Keshi's remarks.

Oliseh is a good hearted fellow. He said what he saw and gave a constructive criticism which I really see as an advice.

In reality, its all for Keshi's own good. . .

In a competition without Argentina, Germany, Portugal, Netherlands and even Colombia, we got kicked out like sore losers.

When sh.i.it turns to poo and poo begins to smell badly, nobody will spare Keshi. . .

It is Keshi's head that will be called for on the platter of the blames and not Oliseh's.
No one will be patient enough to give him a second chance if he dosent get it right at this world cup.

So Oliseh's advice is for Keshi's good altogether.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:
How many goals has Suarez scored in the South American qualifiers? Where were you when Neymar was lamenting about being booed? You don't think he was being booed cos of "bad belle" do you?
Neymar being booed was as a result of to much expectation. He was always the best player in the Brazilian Natinal team. As for Suarez, he is played as a winger, while Cavani and Forlan are the point men. So he doesn't score much goals like the World cup and Copa. Not under performing.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by ayusco: 8:01am On Jul 12, 2013
The thing with yobo is that his form in the SE has not been he has experience yet he's always the first to make that costly error. With osaze yes he has some talent n experience but hasn't been playing regular for almost six months plus is he willing to humble himself n get into the team dynamic like mikel has? From his past behaviour n outbursts I seriously doubt it. As for martins he looks a spent force to me at best a fading star. If he couldn't penetrate the defences of 'mighty' Kenya n Venezuela I wonder what he would have done against Uruguay Spain. If people even mentioned yakubu it would make more logical sense as he is one of the SE top scorers plus he had a great season in the EPL b4 his move to china

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 12, 2013
ayusco: The thing with yobo is that his form in the SE has not been he has experience yet he's always the first to make that costly error. With osaze yes he has some talent n experience but hasn't been playing regular for almost six months plus is he willing to humble himself n get into the team dynamic like mikel has? From his past behaviour n outbursts I seriously doubt it. As for martins he looks a spent force to me at best a fading star. If he couldn't penetrate the defences of 'mighty' Kenya n Venezuela I wonder what he would have done against Uruguay Spain. If people even mentioned yakubu it would make more logical sense as he is one of the SE top scorers plus he had a great season in the EPL b4 his move to china

You are very funny. . .

You call that hard-working maestro Martins a spent force when he is still banging in goals?

Look at the stats here.

Martins > (2012-2013, 13goals in 41 appearances) 41% record.

Joseph Akpala > (2013-2013, 1goal in 21 appearances) 5% record.

Micheal Babatunde > (2011-2013, 2goals in 44 appearances) 5% record.

Ahmed Musa > (2012-2013, 11goals in 28 appearances) 39% record.

This is not meant to embarass all these THINGS keshi took to the confederations but sh.i.it has called for it.

Don't wonder why you can't beat kenya convincingly or even beat Namibia atall. . .the answer is there already.
You field a 5% goals record nonsense like babatunde, akpala in matches and you crown it by introducing a Gambo and you expect to score?

Far from it.

You keep struggling in front of goals internationally until you discard all these tiny and useless bits and pieces of cheap quality strikers littering our striking line ups and bring in their FATHERS like MARTIN, ENERAMO and co.

Experience does it in football and Martins still remains the GRAND-FATHER of goals if keshi will 'build' him into the team.

I didn't say so. . .the stat does. cheesy cheesy

The world cup is approaching. And if suddenly Moses pulls out again or Emenike goes down with injury. . .
Forget your secret million dollars agent business for now cheesy push out those inexperienced things and call back the bests of our Amunitions Mr Keshi.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
breezy047:

You are very funny. . .

You call that hard-working maestro Martins a spent force when he is still banging in goals?

Look at the stats here.

Martins > (2012-2013, 13goals in 41 appearances) 41% record.

Joseph Akpala > (2013-2013, 1goal in 21 appearances) 5% record.

Micheal Babatunde > (2011-2013, 2goals in 44 appearances) 5% record.

Ahmed Musa > (2012-2013, 11goals in 28 appearances) 39% record.

This is not meant to embarass all these THINGS keshi took to the confederations but sh.i.it has called for it.

Don't wonder why you can't beat kenya convincingly or even beat Namibia atall. . .the answer is there already.
You field a 5% goals record nonsense like babatunde, akpala in matches and you crown it by introducing a Gambo and you expect to score?

Far from it.

You keep struggling in front of goals internationally until you discard all these tiny and useless bits and pieces of cheap quality strikers littering our striking line ups and bring in their FATHERS like MARTIN, ENERAMO and co.

Experience does it in football and Martins still remains the GRAND-FATHER of goals if keshi will 'build' him into the team.

I didn't say so. . .the stat does. cheesy cheesy

The world cup is approaching. And if suddenly Moses pulls out again or Emenike goes down with injury. . .
Forget your secret million dollars agent business for now cheesy push out those inexperienced things and call back the bests of our Amunitions Mr Keshi.
Stop deceiving yourself, 13 goals in 41 appearances is = 31%. Ahmed Musa's ratio is better. You said we couldn't beat Kenya but you forgot your beloved Martins started the match and was running around like a headless chicken until he was substituted.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
aikuda:

It looks like you really have a good grasp of what he is saying. Brilliant!!!

Waka!!!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
collynzo2: Stop deceiving yourself, 13 goals in 41 appearances is = 31%. Ahmed Musa's ratio is better. You said we couldn't beat Kenya but you forgot your beloved Martins started the match and was running around like a headless chicken until he was substituted.

Walking around like a headless chicken like Victor Moses too did in the same match?

Cut the crap. . .The boys were fresh from nations cup euphoria so ALL of them WALKED around like a headless chicken. . .and you could tell that Martins in particular looked new to the team and just needed 1 or 2 more games to get in synch and blast in his goals.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
breezy047:

Walking around like a headless chicken like Victor Moses too did in the same match?

Cut the crap. . .The boys were fresh from nations cup euphoria so ALL of them WALKED around like a headless chicken. . .and you could tell that Martins in particular looked new to the team and just needed 1 or 2 more games to get in synch and blast in his goals.

get one or 2 more games at the expense of our world cup appearance?
Martins left la liga for USA to collect his pension. As far as I am concerned, he has retired.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by success9(m): 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
Dont wori guys. I wil soon introduce a Messi-like striker to d team. Keshi wil also giv Haruna, Abdul Jeleel, Anichebe and dat striker in d Portuguese league a chance. And Super Eagles will win the world cup.

Barring no injuries of cox
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emiye(m): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
breezy047:

Leave story, martins is getting tired, prior to the nations cup, he also flopped at the SE games he was invited for, and that was the main reason keshi did not take him to the nations cup, he tried giving him another chance after the nations cup, his performance was still not impressive.

People need to get to use to the fact that players form dips after a while mostly due to biological reasons (age) or lack of club appearance, e.t.c. If you keep a mental image of martins form in 2007-2010, and you expect him to show you that same form in 2013, you might be hallucinating, he claims to be 29 years anyway. Martins of 2013 might still have some flashes of 2010, but the law of diminishing returns is at work on him, his club move is also a pointer to that.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Sibabasibaba1: 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
Oliseh has been vindicated afterall.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by burningspear(m): 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
Oliseh has been vindicated afterall.

Nay, not yet!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Sibabasibaba1: 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
He has. I mean if Keshi took the advice he probably would not have been in this mess. But he saw and still sees everyone as an enemy after his job.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Last-Gasp Goal Saves His Side / I Want Kalim & Nazim Amokachi, My Twin Sons To Play For Nigeria- Daniel Amokachi / Neymar Among Five Players Sent Off After Mass Brawl Following Psg's Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.