Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - (47657 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 9:13am On Jul 11, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Neymar, 5 times South American footballer of the year. Suarez, second highest goal scorer in the EPL. You say these guys were under performers before the Confeds. Hilarious. cheesy
They just peddle lies to help their wicked sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:25am On Jul 11, 2013
collynzo2: They just peddle lies to help their wicked sentiments.
When no one was watching Nigeia play, Coach Keshi carefully built a team that we can gladly fuel generator to watch. Now everyone of them knows more than him. Even Taribo West is vexing that Coach Keshi dropped Yobo.

Since after the Nations Cup. It is as if Coach Keshi is surrounded by people with Diarrhoea because he is seeing lots of bad belles. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Goke7: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2013
Let me just repeat what I said earlier, Keshi's undoing and biggest problem was winning The AFCON, so many people including his former super eagles teammates and other ex super eagles players are still finding it difficult to come to terms with that feat in South Africa, its sometimes very difficult for people to accept one's success, they wish you well before you succeed, but when you do, they become enemies, Keshi now have more enemies and opposition than he had before the Nations Cup. This is a fact so difficult to believe!

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 11, 2013
collynzo2: You haven't made any sense, we are talking about players who have played for Nigeria for 10 years with nothing to show for it and you are giving me examples of players in their clubs. Your example with Neymar is a big lie and Forlan still underperformed at the confed, he's an old man anyway.

You called back Mikel, Echejiele, Ambrose, fegor ogude from those years of rusty football. . .

And look at what magnificence Mikel's experience is now bringing to the team. . .the same Mikel that used to bring part-rubbish, part-laziness to the midfield.
cheesy

What Oliseh is saying is. . .

If you could bring back the experience of Mikel to the confeds, then why not bring back the experience of Nsofor, Martins, Eneramo and other top vibrants cards instead of the sober and confused inexperience of the Gambos. cheesy cheesy

Use the right tools that you have for the right competition.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2013
breezy047:

You called back Mikel, Echejiele, Ambrose, fegor ogude from those years of rusty football. . .

And look at what magnificence Mikel's experience is now bringing to the team. . .the same Mikel that used to bring part-rubbish, part-laziness to the midfield.
cheesy

If you could bring back the experience of Mikel to the confeds, then why not bring back the experience of Nsofor, Martins, Eneramo and other top vibrants cards instead of the sober and confused inexperience of the Gambos. cheesy cheesy

lies lies and more lies. I never knew Ogude and Echejile has been in the super eagles for 10 years. Mikeh had a lackdiascal attitude, skipping important matches until Keshi came.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Goke7: 10:18am On Jul 11, 2013
breezy047:

cheesy

Ambrose and echejiele were in the u20 world cup in Canada 2007, Mikel from u20 world cup in Holland 2005, Mikel only made his Nations debut in 2006 comapred to osaze who has been coming a long way from 2002 Nations cup, Ogude is a green horn too so the players you mentioned are not from the so called rusty years.

I think the problem is that so many people are not happy that some certain players were not part of the winning squad of AFCON!

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by dabossman(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2013
And this thread is still on. Hhm, like someone here said, I think we need to put a reign on our expectations so we don't end up feeling too disappointed. We were in no way favourites to win the Confeds Cup, (except maybe in the eyes of overtly optimistic Nigerians). We at most had an outside chance to qualify from our group. So, maybe the coach knowing that this tournament wasn't the target decided to use it to focus on getting experience for players he feels may have potentials in his team.

Would the inclusion of players like Haruna, the Uche brothers, Martins, Osaze and co have won us the trophy? I strongly doubt it based on their previous performances when they formed the bulk of the team. The best they would have got is probably this same result. The World Cup 2010 is still fresh in my mind. First round exit against teams like South Korea and Greece.

I would rather thank God that for once in a very long time I watched the Eagles plays without feeling extremely annoyed and irritated at their slow pace and lack of attacking drive and passion. Keshi's team has played football that showed promise. Before the famous class of '94 was perfected, we saw players like, Edema Fuludu, Isaac Semitoje, Precious Monye, Friday Ekpo, Nduka Ugbade, Reuben Agboola, Ene Okon, Dotun Alatishe, Friday Elaho, Jonathan Akpoborie play their part in qualify us for the World Cup. Some of you won't even know these names.

Westerhof's team to Algiers 90 had only 3 foreign based players, by Senegal 92 they had increased to 13 and by Tunisia 94 they had become 17. The chaff had been removed from the wheat.

Let's let Keshi be. After all, only he will be sacked if he fails.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emorse(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Neymar, 5 times South American footballer of the year. Suarez, second highest goal scorer in the EPL. You say these guys were under performers before the Confeds. Hilarious. cheesy
How many goals has Suarez scored in the South American qualifiers? Where were you when Neymar was lamenting about being booed? You don't think he was being booed cos of "bad belle" do you?
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by downdraft: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hello All..!

I want to tell you that you are most definitely being scammed by your local CAAVC or Aviation governing authority. there is no way in hell that it can take so long for the USA NTSB to investigate the Dana air crash and not know what happened.

it is so fake you need to rise up and tell, your people you are tired of corruption, and need answers..!!!

I know beyond any doubt that your local government is hiding what actually went wrong on the flight. I think they ran our of fuel or had pother issues but they are not telling you the truth.

You should demand answers..!!]

see you,

Downdraft
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by dabossman(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:
How many goals has Suarez scored in the South American qualifiers? Where were you when Neymar was lamenting about being booed? You don't think he was being booed cos of "bad belle" do you?

Dude, give this argument up already. How many goals did Osaze or Martins score during the AFCON qualifiers? How many goals did they even score in their clubs last season? Cavani and Suarez are being courted by top clubs, Neymar just signed for Barca. Martins? Couldn't even cut it at Levante. Now in the MLS in the US. Osaze? Recently demoted to go and train with the reserves. So, on what merit should they have been invited?

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emorse(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
dabossman:

Dude, give this argument up already. How many goals did Osaze or Martins score during the AFCON qualifiers? How many goals did they even score in their clubs last season? Cavani and Suarez are being courted by top clubs, Neymar just signed for Barca. Martins? Couldn't even cut it at Levante. Now in the MLS in the US. Osaze? Recently demoted to go and train with the reserves. So, on what merit should they have been invited?

Throw sentiments aside man. If those players were thrown out in their days of trouble, you wouldn't be using them as examples now. A lot of people wouldn't let Pele be when he just wouldn't stop comparing Neymar with Messi and Ronaldo. Who knows what could have happened if Robben was kept out of the Bayern squad of last season? Fact still remains that the world stage is not a place for experiments. Keshi needs to work on his man management skills. He'll be better for it.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by sejere: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
Don't see anything wrong with Oliseh criticism.
I believe we have better strikers than Ideye and co.
Injury stopped Moses and Emenike, what happened to:
Uche brothers, Chinedu Obasi, Osaze, etc.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emorse(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
collynzo2: You haven't made any sense, we are talking about players who have played for Nigeria for 10 years with nothing to show for it and you are giving me examples of players in their clubs. Your example with Neymar is a big lie and Forlan still underperformed at the confed, he's an old man anyway.
You can get info on Neymar from the internet man. Do some research. And Forlan under performed at the CONFEDS? Did you watch the games at all? A man that came in and almost turned the game around on Spain? Did you see that stunner of a goal he scored against your darling Eagles?
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:

Throw sentiments aside man. If those players were thrown out in their days of trouble, you wouldn't be using them as examples now. A lot of people wouldn't let Pele be when he just wouldn't stop comparing Neymar with Messi and Ronaldo. Who knows what could have happened if Robben was kept out of the Bayern squad of last season? Fact still remains that the world stage is not a place for experiments. Keshi needs to work on his man management skills. He'll be better for it.
he has shown his man management skills with Mikel. All those other players you mentioned are not half as good as Robben or Balotelli or Suarez and the rest. Osaze for example has far more trouble than talent, his 9 goals in 10 years says it all.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:
You can get info on Neymar from the internet man. Do some research. And Forlan under performed at the CONFEDS? Did you watch the games at all? A man that came in and almost turned the game around on Spain? Did you see that stunner of a goal he scored against your darling Eagles?
Forlan under-performed at the confed, apart from his goal agains Nigeria, he did nothing else. He missed like 3 important penalties throughout the tournament, he couldn't even breathe against Spain so I don't know what you are talking about. I don't blame him for anything though, he is an old man and still a legend in his country.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:
Neymar was signed by Barcelona for very big money just before the confed cup, Real Madrid were interested in paying double the amount Barca paid. What else can I say about him? Oh I did the research you wanted, guess what? He has 24 goals in 39 appearances for Brazil, compare that with your Odemwingie's 9 goals in 54 apperances for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emorse(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
collynzo2: he has shown his man management skills with Mikel. All those other players you mentioned are not half as good as Robben or Balotelli or Suarez and the rest. Osaze for example has far more trouble than talent, his 9 goals in 10 years says it all.
And his man management skills work only on midfielders right? Did you watch Joseph Yobo play for his club last season? His presence alone on the bench could have been a source of comfort for the team but of course nobody is saying much cos Keshi's gamble just about paid off in that department.
Of course, Balotelli and co. are better but they have also experienced dips in their forms at various times. Can you confidently say that aside potential, Gambo, Babatunde and co. were the best we could offer?
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emorse(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
collynzo2: Forlan under-performed at the confed, apart from his goal agains Nigeria, he did nothing else. He missed like 3 important penalties throughout the tournament, he couldn't even breathe against Spain so I don't know what you are talking about. I don't blame him for anything though, he is an old man and still a legend in his country.
For your info, Forlan came off the bench against Spain but started every other game except against Tahiti. Says alot about his contribution.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emorse(m): 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
collynzo2: Neymar was signed by Barcelona for very big money just before the confed cup, Real Madrid were interested in paying double the amount Barca paid. What else can I say about him? Oh I did the research you wanted, guess what? He has 24 goals in 39 appearances for Brazil, compare that with your Odemwingie's 9 goals in 54 apperances for Nigeria.
Did you find out what his relationship with the Brazilian supporters was like before the CONFEDS? I still maintain that though Keshi is a very good coach, he can be a lot better if only he's willing to learn.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:
For your info, Forlan came off the bench against Spain but started every other game except against Tahiti. Says alot about his contribution.
Is this supposed to be a joke?
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:
And his man management skills work only on midfielders right? Did you watch Joseph Yobo play for his club last season? His presence alone on the bench could have been a source of comfort for the team but of course nobody is saying much cos Keshi's gamble just about paid off in that department.
Of course, Balotelli and co. are better but they have also experienced dips in their forms at various times. Can you confidently say that aside potential, Gambo, Babatunde and co. were the best we could offer?
Yes! That how bad the situation is right now, someone posted a list of the top 30 clubs in the world on this thread and only 2 Nigerians canbe found in them. Who are the better players? Osaze who hasn't played since January or Martins who left La liga for the US?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:
Did you find out what his relationship with the Brazilian supporters was like before the CONFEDS? I still maintain that though Keshi is a very good coach, he can be a lot better if only he's willing to learn.
what relationship? He was scoring in almost every Brazil match before the tournament and was tipped to be the best player at the tournament, which turned out to be true. Keshi is doing the best with what we have, we lack talents now. Stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emorse(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
collynzo2: Is this supposed to be a joke?
What?! A man who won the man-of-the-match award in a game that featured Cavani, Suarez and Mikel? A man who came on against spain and caused them trouble? There's obviously no point continueing this arguement. I rest my case.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by aikuda(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

There is more to analysis than watch and talk. If you listen to Gary Neville, he breaks down what to expect and how to stop it. Predicting is part of analysis like Segun Odegbami predicting Mikel doing a Messi at the last Afcon.

For instance, this season, I am expecting Manuel Pellegrini to make Man City untouchable because of the way he took Malaga from the last of the La Liga table to a force in Europe.

I am expecting Liverpool to break into the top 4 this season.

I am expecting Guardiola to make Bayern even more powerful. I could be right or wrong. These super analyst never want to be wrong.

You people self! What else can they do as TV analysts? Go to the field and switch the players? Indeed all they can do is "watch and talk." It is left for everyone else to accept or reject what they say. The last time I checked [i]predicting [/i]is done through "watching and talking."
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
breezy047:

cheesy

Oliseh cant actually tell Keshi wat to do coz he isnt the coach....Keshi has a reason for re-calling the few people he did...n to prove to u Keshi knowz wat he'z doing...wen he called back Yobo.....Yobo flopped in the first match of Afcon...dat was the end of Yobo n super eagles....wen it cumz to nigerian football....experience doesnt play a major role coz na the experienced ones dey Bleep up pass....I still believe Keshi knows wat he is doing...n he shuu b left alone...all constructive critisicm shud b left till after WorldCup...or if we dont qualify for it at all..

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by aikuda(m): 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
MekT:

So wat solution did Oliseh giff Keshi naw....dat he shuu rub aboniki on Emenike,Onazi n Moses legz so dey dont get injuries....??

It looks like you really have a good grasp of what he is saying. Brilliant!!!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emiye(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
What constitutes "constructive criticism"?
Some people can easily run their mouth and claim they are criticizing constructively, i have utmost respect for Oliseh, but i feel some of his submissions are wrong.

Keshi has been doing a wonderful job on the current crop of eagles, i still dont get some folks fixation on the old horse like Osaze and martins to be recalled, who i believe are spent forces. Criticism is cheap, any one can offer it, but i think what every critic owes a duty is to think through before offering it.

Injuries to onazi, emenike and moses weakened the strength of SE's team at the confeds cup.

I think the biggest work for Keshi at the moment is to create a strong bench in the event of situations like injuries as we suffered just prior to the confed cup. A situation where each player on the field has a very good substitute on the bench (This is the biggest opportunity area for the SE team especially at the attack).

Keshi will not get to find such good substitutes not until he creates a pool and put them to use to validate if they are good enough, this i think is what Keshi is doing.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:

U Oliseh supporterz are jst repeating the same bull over n over again...Keshi doesnt need dose old cargoes....coz wen dey wer in the team dey culdnt qualify for World Cup in one occaision...n culdnt qualify for AFCON in one...n even wen dey qualified they didnt do jack...We'll manage Gambo...Ideye...Musa...Akpala n the rest...n keep our fingerz crossed...we tired of using the devil we know letz naw try the angel we dont!....letz c wat dey haff to offer.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by aikuda(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
delors:
Yeah, u said 'analysis' not castigation. There is a difference, you know...there is a difference between 'Perhaps if the foreign based players had played, we would have performed better. they have the experience and exposure' and 'Why didnt Keshi use those foreign based players? Why is he waging wars against them?'...A big difference bro.
And FYI, 'analysis' is not necessarily reactionary, it has to be proactive. You can and should analyse a situation before it occurs. You don't analyze a war after it is lost; you analyze the situation before u jump into it.

I agree with you that Oliseh may have used some strong language after Keshi made the issue personal. But that is to be expected after what Keshi said about Oliseh.
I don't want to banter words with you about the the meaning of "analysis". All I can say is that you cannot engage in useful "proactive" analysis without looking at existing facts, situations, phenomenon or occurrences. So whether you accept it or not most analysis are reactionary with a view to improving things in the future (you can call that "being proactive"wink.

FYI: As I said before, Keshi does not need to make this personal. Oliseh was only doing his job irrespective of how you perceive it. My disagreement with Keshi on this issue is no reflection of what I think about his handling of the team. I think he is doing a wonderful job, but we are not giving our best yet, and that is what everyone is after: including Oliseh, you, and I. Lets not fight!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
emorse:
What?! A man who won the man-of-the-match award in a game that featured Cavani, Suarez and Mikel? A man who came on against spain and caused them trouble? There's obviously no point continueing this arguement. I rest my case.
Please rest your case because you are disgracing yourself. Forlan didn't touch the ball more than three times against Spain. Uruguay's only goal attempt was Suarez's freekick which he scored. You are a pathetic liar. SMH

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by vincentont(m): 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
collynzo2: lies lies and more lies. I never knew Ogude and Echejile has been in the super eagles for 10 years. Mikeh had a lackdiascal attitude, skipping important matches until Keshi came.

Guy echejille has been in and out of the super eagles.
he is nt a new fold in SE.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
MekT:

Oliseh cant actually tell Keshi wat to do coz he isnt the coach....Keshi has a reason for re-calling the few people he did...n to prove to u Keshi knowz wat he'z doing...wen he called back Yobo.....Yobo flopped in the first match of Afcon...dat was the end of Yobo n super eagles....wen it cumz to nigerian football....experience doesnt play a major role coz na the experienced ones dey Bleep up pass....I still believe Keshi knows wat he is doing...n he shuu b left alone...all constructive critisicm shud b left till after WorldCup...or if we dont qualify for it at all..

Yobo appeared to flop only because you found a better replacement in the Omeruo - Oboabona partnership.

If you say Martins, Eneramo and Nsofor have flopped (Leave the Odemwinge rascal out for now) then who are the better replacement suitable for the confeds?. . .(With Emenike, moses and kalu injured)

Gambo? Babatunde?

Our present style of play, the present strong midfield and defense system is the type that begs for experienced beast strikers like Martins and eneramo.

Build them into the team and leave out Gambo.

If Tahiti had martins they would score 4 goals against Naija cheesy cheesy

I'm sure Keshi knows this too. . .perhaps but he is letting his urge to do his unique under-ground million pounds agent business becloud his mission as the coach. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha & President Vladimir Putin Pose With Football Legends / Messi In Bed With World Cup Trophy (Photos) / Ronaldo's Last-Gasp Goal Saves His Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.