Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - (47634 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by 360command: 1:54am On Jul 10, 2013
lawmani: What Stephen Keshi needs to understand,Urgently!

Stephen Keshi is a good coach. In fact he is the most successful coach Nigeria has had in the past decade and by winning the nations cup 2013 he boarded the ship of achieving coaches!

But one quality that successful and long lasting coaches have, is that they have always had a nose to differentiate constructive criticisms from destructive ones and act on them even if they do not agree in public.

Ever since our nation triumphed at the 2013 African Cup Of Nations (AFCON) our super eagles have been struggling,relatively, and has failed to consolidate on this landmark success due to the fact that we do not have continuity and there has been this obsession to experiment and overpopulate the team with more Home grown players. Analysts all had problems naming incoming players at the Confederations cup for example.

Ever since I expressed my personal disagreement at the huge number of Local based players that represented Nigeria at the just concluded Confederations cup, on Supersport, thousands have clearly stated their understanding and agreement of the point of view just as some, our super Eagles Nations cup winning coach, Stephen Keshi included, have disagreed and made some regrettable comments. this I feel is quite unfortunate and personal.

The basis behind my comments (which were shared by every other consultant at the Supersport panel) were to help and bring attention to the fact that we needed to urgently improve our local league to maintain our new status and gradually add new home based in the mix in other not to burn the ends.

As we speak, I have discussed with Mr Nduka Irabor (Chairman of the N. Pro League) on how I can help them through my position and know how to improve our league standard so it can be productive again. Who knows we might just get it back on track after all.

What Is So Special About Foreign Based Players?

If you are a Foreign based pro. it is not because these foreign clubs want to do you a favour, it is because you are one of the best from your country, simple. By gradually trying to wage a war against these players who ply their trade week in week out at the highest level leagues in the world we are turning our back to our best and waging a war against ourselves, they are Nigerians too I must remind !

They should not be cast away just because our technical crew lack the skills to manage them at the detriment of Nigeria.

Ever asked why The out flux of Nigerian home based to Europe has reduced drastically in recent years? It is because the Europeans for example after several scouting visits to our local league games find the tempo and standard quite low, not credible and with the crisis in the world have little time to wait for years work to upgrade these players, otherwise Sunday Mba, who I find quite solid & talented should have been bought immediately after the AFCON!

The unbalanced flooding of home based is a strategy that can work at the AFCON level etc but at the world stage, we will play well but lose, like we used to do in the 80′s & 90′s prior to 1994 and now did at the Confederations cup!

Unless this trend is done for other personal reasons outside that of the direct interest of the nation which we are not aware of!

My Take

My belief is not that we should not use home based players, far from it, if Sunday Mba was not at the Nations cup in 2013 for Nigeria I do not think we might have won it, at least like we did. He however was well surrounded by Victor Moses, Emmanuel Emeneke etc and made his contributions productive and easier. We saw how this poor boy struggled at the Confed. cup just 4 months after doing us proud in South Africa! Oboabona is one of my favourites and with some more polishing would go places internationally!

The Speed Of World Level Soccer,Today

The Confederations cup was of a higher level than the AFCON: high level tactics, Advanced Coaching, speed of execution and result orientation was on display and the world cup next year will be even at a faster pace. That am sorry is why I feel a gradual introduction of home based players, shouldered and protected by experience should have been the case, cause the scenarios for them to play at this level are absent at the moment!

I believe you noticed how at ease Obi Mikel was Vs Spain or Uruguay, the man is used to these kind of players and their level, simple !

Players are not Made at The National teams but by the clubs and leagues so improving our league standard should be the priority!

Why National Coaches are called Managers, Technical Advisers & not a full coach .

National team coaches are called Managers because they are not supposed to form players due to the short time they have to work with them, but they are supposed to be good at selecting like or complementary players, mix them up to produce results.

When mighty France of 1998 won the World cup and the Euros 2000 they had few players from the then solid French league but mainly from the then better Italian league that was at its best.

Our priority should be improving our league and the use of the CAF Home based Nations cup to get experience for the home based will be wise!

Stephen Keshi’s Job Is The Last Thing I Want!

I can understand that Keshi feels threatened by the possibility of a sack and back stabbing, but my comments should not be seen as coming from a possible successor unless one is desperate, which I thank God I am not!

His job is the last thing that I or my family need. I know the custom lately amongst some of the coaching crew in our dear country has been attacking the incumbent to take his place, but I believe I have proven over and over again that my consultancy company and my life that I have spent 23 years to build in Europe which I cherish dearly is more precious to me than the day to day stress that comes with Being the Super Eagles coach!

I wonder how I will continue to run my 6 year old consultancy business that has now gone global, coach my youth team, fulfil my new but cherished introduction into FIFA with the Super Eagles Coaching job 6000 kilometres away from my family!

I have said this uncountable times, although I love my country it is not in my wildest dreams to manage the super eagles otherwise I would have accepted the NFF Technical director job and eventually the super Eagles.

If he can accept our support and praise, he should accept our constructive critics in the interest of the country and making enemies left and right is not the way to go, obviously some of us do not learn from the past! The interest of Nigeria comes first than that of Sunday Oliseh or Stephen Keshi !

How should it have been?

As we saw with Brazil at the Confed. Cup, continuity makes a team grow. Ever since we won the Nations cup in February our team line-up has been unpredictable and full of constant changes. In a year leading to the world cup that should not be the case.

True we had injuries to key players but they had people on the bench for them at the Afcon who should have taken over the baton and continue with the spirit of the AFCON and new players invited to understudy.

Nigeria is bigger than anyone and for the records sake in answer to Keshi’s erroneous declaration, I was 3 years as a pro in Belgium and a regular player in liege by 1993 when I got my first call up to the super Eagles and in those days our national league was ‘fire’, well organised, competitive, balanced and one of the best in Africa. That’s how Clemence Westerhoff and Bonfrere Jo succeeded!

It is unfortunate that Keshi sees enemies everywhere and maybe it is understandable but the interest of Nigeria’s progress is what we all should be seeking now and I believe making attacks like he is doing is not the right way to go about it, we are way too matured for that, at least I know I am!

Long Live Nigeria!

Feel free to follow us on Twitter @SundayOOliseh

https://twitter.com/SundayOOliseh
http://sundayoliseh.tv/what-stephen-keshi-needs-to-understandurgently/
@ bolded, have we ever won any CAF champions league at that time for our clubs to be one of the best in africa? perhaps , someone can tell me otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by WildChild00(m): 1:54am On Jul 10, 2013
My take on the issue between coach Stephen Keshi and Sunday Oliseh is this, both of them have really tried and countributed to the development of football to our dear country Nigeria no doubt about that, but has anybody ever ask himself/herself why coach Stephen Keshi is always to quick to defend his team, as in when they do badly, "we are still re-building, and as you can see, the xyz team has been together for 3-4years, why the super eagles for just 8 months" must Keshi always say this when they loose? He said this wen we lost to Spain, etc....

As for Sunday Ugochukwu Oliseh, we know you are an analysis, but you should not forget where you are coming from.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:56am On Jul 10, 2013
overdrive: Bulls eye from oliseh!

What is bull's eye here. Abeg, no valid points but rants. Mind you Coach Keshi deseves the praise for Mikel's development. How coupd Oliseh try to credit foreign coaches who only tried to destroy Africa's brightest talent. shocked cry

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Lordave: 1:57am On Jul 10, 2013
"If he can accept our support and praise, he should accept our constructive critics in the interest of the country and making enemies left and right is not the way to go, obviously some of us do not learn from the past! The interest of Nigeria comes first than that of Sunday Oliseh or Stephen Keshi!"
what more does he (Oliseh) need to say?
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Lordave: 2:00am On Jul 10, 2013
WildChild00: My take on the issue between coach Stephen Keshi and Sunday Oliseh is this, both of them have really tried and countributed to the development of football to our dear country Nigeria no doubt about that, but has anybody ever ask himself/herself why coach Stephen Keshi is always to quick to defend his team, as in when they do badly, "we are still re-building, and as you can see, the xyz team has been together for 3-4years, why the super eagles for just 8 months" must Keshi always say this when they loose? He said this wen we lost to Spain, etc....

As for Sunday Ugochukwu Oliseh, we know you are an analysis, but you should not forget where you are coming from.
what do you mean by Oliseh is an analysis

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by WildChild00(m): 2:01am On Jul 10, 2013
Lordave: "If he can accept our support and praise, he should accept our constructive critics in the interest of the country and making enemies left and right is not the way to go, obviously some of us do not learn from the past! The interest of Nigeria comes first than that of Sunday Oliseh or Stephen Keshi!"
what more does he (Oliseh) need to say?

My take as well, for any individual to be sucessful in life, you must listen when you're meant to, no man is an island.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Lordave: 2:04am On Jul 10, 2013
collynzo2:
.WHO ARE THEY PLEASE?

.WHO SAYS KESHI CAN'T MANAGE THEM? He changed Mikel to a player who now wears our shirt with pride.

.Conveniently forgot that the transfer window was already closed before AFCON ended

Oliseh is just bitter.
so transfer window was already closed clubs cannot bid for a player again?
Lame criticism!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by WildChild00(m): 2:10am On Jul 10, 2013
Lordave: what do you mean by Oliseh is an analysis

He was airing his own opinion, as a sport commentator for Super sports, dat is wat I was about saying.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:12am On Jul 10, 2013
olu070706: This was not all about Oliseh alone on Supersport, all the panel members said this, why did Keshi pick on Oliseh, maybe because he is a Nigerian. However, I agree with Oliseh that Keshi should welcome criticism, even the special one is criticised. All other teams in Confederation cup came with their best team but Nigeria went to test new players, this should not be. Keshi is still okay sha.

This best team you guys keep talking about, I still don't know them. Do you guys remember how awful Ike Uche was at the Afcon. Or how poor Yobo was? Is it Coach Keshi's fault that our football stunk for years? We should be grateful someone is ready to roll his sleeves and clean people's mess.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emorse(m): 2:13am On Jul 10, 2013
I hear things like Osaze being a problem child and I laugh. What's the job of a manager if not to bring out the best in his players? What has Osaze done that Balotelli has not done? Yet he (Balotelli) plays regularly for his national team and club. And he does well too. Tevez, Ramos, Rooney, Suarez and even Ronaldo are never far away from controversy, yet their respective managers have a way of bringing out the best in them. Keshi can do better. DIPLOMACY is the word.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Lordave: 2:13am On Jul 10, 2013
WildChild00:

He was airing his own opinion, as a sport commentator for Super sports, dat is wat I was about saying.
ok o
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:25am On Jul 10, 2013
texaco1:
you don't know keshi ,he will never accept or take corrections that is why he calls himself the big boss then.oliseh has made some reasonable points,the world cup is where the boys are seperated from the men keshi should do the right thing now .he needs to identify the areas that we need experienced and exposed players

Back your words with facts. List the experienced and exposed players Coach Keshi should call.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by edi287: 2:25am On Jul 10, 2013
Kgdavid:

you are a big dreamer
Oh really??
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:34am On Jul 10, 2013
Why can't Oliseh tell us how many of the Brazillian playears were in the Confederations cup before this one and the World Cup. Even KAKA and Ronaldinho were dropped.
NO LONG TIN: This Oliseh sef!!! d guy don dey tire me.

Who out of the AGCON team that did us proud didnt participate in CONFED apart from Emenike, Moses and Yobo (for obvious reasons)?

The foreign based players he is campaigning for neva did anything for us apart from fighting and showing us how big their egos are.

Although we lost in the CONFED, I've neva been so proud to be a Nigerian(football-wise) till AFCON and CONFED. We played well in CONFED and lost, unlike when we go to tournaments play baldly and still lose (even with our white coach(es)) - and there was hardly any home-based player back then. Does Oliseh want us to go back to that period?

He also claimed he(keshi) should be able to manage players, I agree with him on that but managing players is also knowing when not to bring in a player that will disrupt team spirit. He should find out why Joey Barton at his peak didnt represent England regularly.

He Also talked about Brazil not using new faces as the reason they won, I could also show him teams that didnt win using the same old faces and countries with foreign based players 'the best out of their countries' - according to him, dat flopped e.g. Coit d vior(abi wetin b d spelling.. d 1 with drogba dem)

and then he caps it off, with I'm doing it for the greater good of Nigeria, nobody is greater than Nigeria bla bla bla. He should save it for his chickens. If it wasn't a personal attack on Keshi but to develop d Nigeria league as he claims, I don't see how abusing/telling the home based players they are not good enough helps, going on air to Say stuff when he could have called him. If he wants to help he should channel his attacks on the management of the NFL - that's d solution not limiting the number of home based players in the national team shikena

Nawa ooo , I just deh pour out my heart, I no know say I don type reach dis 1..... gudnyt all
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by timmy(m): 2:37am On Jul 10, 2013
I saw oliseh's comment after the Spain match and it was directed largely at the league managers and not the coach. As much as ppl think keshi is good, I think he isn't. At afcon his tactics were poor and we struggled in the stage games. Against civ, we were underdogs and that made our players up their energy level, and since then keshi has adopted this energy football. Charge and follow! That's why our players burn out so easily. They spend so much energy charging at opponents and fail to build up a decent pas that leads to goals. The only time we did at the comfed was when mikel scored. We conceded 5 goals and scored only one (please Tahiti shouldn't count ). Ideye, akpala, ujah and miss are all good strikers, it takes a great manager to bring out the killer instinct in them. Keshi was a defender, how will he know what to tell our attackers? Why i love Siasia is that he fields players that fit into his style. Keshi keeps saying our team is young, yet he is the same person who keeps changing at will. What happened to obiora nwankwo, Reuben Gabriel, and all the guys who went for afcon? Why is our afcon winning team unable to beat Rwanda, Kenya and co just few months after winning afcon? Simply put, the success factor that was around th team at the afcon knock out stages are no longer there. The NFf, Amodu, kanu, jayjay and many sport analyst were all in camp to motivate the players. Keshi and amokachi know the politics they played to get Siasia out. Using the same super sport. Karma is about to tell on them.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:46am On Jul 10, 2013
Same thing with EPL analyst. They analyse past games for pre-match analysis, analyse first half during half time. Then analyse the whole match during post match analysis. grin They are always scared to analyse and lose.
delors: Havent you guys noticed that the analyses of these so-called professional analysts are always reactionary? They run their analyses after the matches have been played and then blame the coach for what he did/didnt meanwheile nobody said anything about the problem or loophole before the matches. if those guys had won or at least reached final, they would have said Keshi was d best in the world, he had vision to have used those home based boys, etc blah blah blah...
Oliseh for one cannot manage the national team because he has a very high ego cum pride so tay if any player talks any how or do anyhow to him, such a player is grounded for life. He would have resulted to social media to exchange words with Osaze when the Osaze-Keshi issue rose, were it an osaze-Olishe thang. Oliseh is arrogant and sometimes he talks without a care, unprofessionally. (i still remember the things he said about Yekini before he died)
Back to the Confederation palaver, Moses had an injury so was Emenike...apart from those two 9and of course Yobo), who else could we have invited? Musa plays abroad, Ideye, Mikel, Efe, Enyeama, Omerua, etc what exactly is the point?
And by saying 'WAGING WARS AGAINST FOREIGN PLAYERS', oliseh is trying to create a problem and dissent to make it look like Keshi is actually anti-foreign based players which will so unfair to say the least. Osaze was the only player who missed out as a foreign based player for the right reasons, Oliseh made sense because his commnets came after the tournament. Anybody could have said the same and even better because we all watched the matches and saw the lapses. Apart from that, he isnt much of an analyst abeg.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:54am On Jul 10, 2013
aikuda:

I guess that is what analysis is about- to analyse an existent issue or a phenomenon, usually with a view to profer solutions or improvement. It is similar to what you are doing now!

There is more to analysis than watch and talk. If you listen to Gary Neville, he breaks down what to expect and how to stop it. Predicting is part of analysis like Segun Odegbami predicting Mikel doing a Messi at the last Afcon.

For instance, this season, I am expecting Manuel Pellegrini to make Man City untouchable because of the way he took Malaga from the last of the La Liga table to a force in Europe.

I am expecting Liverpool to break into the top 4 this season.

I am expecting Guardiola to make Bayern even more powerful. I could be right or wrong. These super analyst never want to be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Obiagu1(m): 2:56am On Jul 10, 2013
Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi,has lambasted former team-mate Sunday Oliseh,following his criticisms over the homebased players,that he took to the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.

Oliseh in his punditry role with Supersports,criticised the level of performance by the local based players,Keshi took to the tournament,adding that they did not have what it takes to compete with the best players in the world.

But Keshi who led the homebased players to victory on Saturday,in the first leg of the CHAN qualifiers against Ivory Coast,said that he was disappointed over Oliseh’s comments.

”It is a shame that Sunday Oliseh could say a thing like that. He was a nobody when he came to the national team. He started from home too,” Keshi was quoted to have said on Vanguard Sports.

“is it bad that we are trying to build a team with the inclusion of home-based players? Please, help me question the integrity of those who are opposed to this and Tell them what it’s right.”

”When he came to the national team, I took him as a younger brother. I later (as an assistant coach to Amodu Shuabu) made him captain and he became a super star. Who knows what these boys could become in future?”

Keshi took six homebased players to the 2013 African Nations Cup in South Africa,where a local based player(Sunday Mba) scored the winning goal in the final against Burkina Faso.

He equally took eight homebased players to the Confederations Cup in Brazil,where Nigeria only won one game against Tahiti.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Obiagu1(m): 2:59am On Jul 10, 2013
Thank you the Big Boss, Keshi.
Oliseh is a clown, a very poor clown for that matter!
Who did Keshi leave out for the Confed Cup?
He should name names so that we'll be able to weigh in on his judgment.
Instead of using a blanket term, foreign based, he should name those we should invite!

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by LEvuls(m): 3:00am On Jul 10, 2013
Whats all these reply and counter reply all about our football.
both can sit down together to make S.E no.1 in the whole world.

On the contrary..Honestly these reporters aint helping maters kwanu..mek dem stop all these their shoot bird him mama fly tori and concerntrate reports on the way forward..cos soon now final word cup qualification wil n and if we fail..heeeee na dat time both Coachila o,ex S.E players,NFA even u wey de report d news go de reply and report until there is nofin to reply and report again.

take my bow grin
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Obiagu1(m): 3:03am On Jul 10, 2013
I've never enjoyed the Eagles play since year 2000 until Keshi came in. Fact!
Re-watch Nigeria vs Mali, pure classic;I've never seen Nigeria play so beautifully like that, ever!

... and home based players played in that match too.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:07am On Jul 10, 2013
It is people like you who didn't watch Siasia coach a second time at the U20 who expected much from him. He failed woefully and still wanted thr Super Eagles job.

As for always using our best players, Coach Keshi doesn't have the luxury of having Neymar, Lucas Moura, Jo, Fred, Paulinho for Brazil.

XAVI, Iniesta, Pedro, Busquets, Navas, Silva, Mata for Spain.

Cavani, Suarez, Forlan for Uruguay.

Mourinho had CR7, Kaka, Higuain, Benzema, Ozil, Di Maria, Modric and many more and went trophyless. Do you think Mourinho can cope with our national team better than Keshi? Do you know what Keshi will do with that Madrid team?
emorse: If I were Keshi, I'd silently take Oliseh's advice because a coach is only as good as his last match. Moreso in our beloved Nigeria.
Remember Samson Siasia's and his team of 2005. The whole county wouldn't stop singing their praise. They called Siasia all sorts of names. Disciplinarian, Mr. No nonsense, to mention a few. Then came his time with the Super Eagles. This same "no nonsense" attitude was what got him kicked out of his job after clashing with and leaving out some of his best players, hence failing to qualify for CAN. Jose Mourinho was once asked if he ever plays to lose. He said "The only time I play to lose is when I'm playing with my kids!" If this doesn't stress the importance of winning, I doubt if anything else will. Football is not just a game of beautiful moves and tactics. If you fail to win, you're out! Keshi should just be a man and learn from his mistakes and those of other coaches, accept constructive criticisms and stop bickering about what happened donkey years ago. He is a good coach. But only as long as he keeps winning.
If I could offer him an advice, I would say to him - Play every game with your best players, either home based or foreign based. Have in mind that the experience of some foreign based professionals cannot be bought. Neither can the talents and skills of some home based players. Find a perfect blend!

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:11am On Jul 10, 2013
Lordave: Oga some of those players you listed as injured were not really injured. Moses faked his injury.
You are talking about IK Uche not in form, by now you should have known that even injured he's better than Gambo in the field.
What was his reason for not calling Haruna?
The issue of Osaze is a totall failure on Keshi's side, I was expecting him to play a fatherly role over that issue, ie acting as a mediator between Osaze and Nigerians.
One thing you should understand is that Oliseh is doing his job and with it Keshi can get a better result. For you to come here and counter Oliseh's opinion is unprofessional of you, cuz it's only going to make Keshi ignore more criticism instead of learning from them.

Is it Coach Keshi that told Moses to fake his injury. Coach Keshi should know he is on his own here. If he fails, Oliseh won't lose his job. As for Osaze, I like the guy as a player and as an activist but Coach Keshi should not let him near his squad. Mancini regreted helping Joe Hart. A bad egg is a bad egg. It spoils the rest.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by chizel: 3:18am On Jul 10, 2013
I think people should allow keshi to do his job,this our over sabi attitude has never taken us to any where before and will never take us to anywhere this time around.in as much as keshi is not super human that is above mistake,the just concluded confederation cup should not be the yardstick to judge and crucify him,westerhof could only achieve his feet back then in Nigeria bcs he was given more than enough time to correct his mistakes,keshi has barely settled down in his job but he has achieved a lot already.he doesn't need all this distractions now,b4 keshi came on board,the super eagles were full of foreign based players,yet they could not qaulify us for the nations cup,infact in my opinion,I will say that there was no super eagles then.personally,i v lost interest in the super eagles untill keshi came.just during the very last nations cup that oliseh was referring to,even the NFF did not believe keshi could achieve anything jugding by the caliber of players he went to the tournament with and that was why they book a return ticket in advance for the team prior to their match against ivory coast bcs they felt that the super eagles are as good as being eliminated,I didn't hear oliseh say something then,in as much as I love Sunday oliseh for his contribution to the national team during his active days as a footballer and as a person,I will totally disagree with him on this one bcs he's completely off the mark.keshi is on course,I will even prefer that our confederation cup outing was a disaster so that we shall have enough time to prepare before the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by chizel: 3:20am On Jul 10, 2013
I think people should allow keshi to do his job,this our over sabi attitude has never taken us to any where before and will never take us to anywhere this time around.in as much as keshi is not super human that is above mistake,the just concluded confederation cup should not be the yardstick to judge and crucify him,westerhof could only achieve his feet back then in Nigeria bcs he was given more than enough time to correct his mistakes,keshi has barely settled down in his job but he has achieved a lot already.he doesn't need all this distractions now,b4 keshi came on board,the super eagles were full of foreign based players,yet they could not qaulify us for the nations cup,infact in my opinion,I will say that there was no super eagles then.personally,i v lost interest in the super eagles untill keshi came.just during the very last nations cup that oliseh was referring to,even the NFF did not believe keshi could achieve anything jugding by the caliber of players he went to the tournament with and that was why they book a return ticket in advance for the team prior to their match against ivory coast bcs they felt that the super eagles are as good as being eliminated,I didn't hear oliseh say something then,in as much as I love Sunday oliseh for his contribution to the national team during his active days as a footballer and as a person,I will totally disagree with him on this one bcs he's completely off the mark.keshi is on course,I will even prefer that our confederation cup outing was a disaster so that we shall have enough time to prepare before the world cup.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:22am On Jul 10, 2013
Obiora Nwankwo that cost us in the Nations Cup and Coach Keshi never played him throughoutbthe tournament. Stop looking at the game and start watching. Do you know how many underdogs have been demolished by CIV? Do you think you can beat Brazil or Spain by raising your game because you are an underdog?

Please putting 4 past Mali at the AFCON isn't beans. No wonder many of you are criticizing the coach.

Keshi was a defender, therefore he can't coach top players, Abi? So what was Mourinho, Maradona?
lipsrsealed
timmy: I saw oliseh's comment after the Spain match and it was directed largely at the league managers and not the coach. As much as ppl think keshi is good, I think he isn't. At afcon his tactics were poor and we struggled in the stage games. Against civ, we were underdogs and that made our players up their energy level, and since then keshi has adopted this energy football. Charge and follow! That's why our players burn out so easily. They spend so much energy charging at opponents and fail to build up a decent pas that leads to goals. The only time we did at the comfed was when mikel scored. We conceded 5 goals and scored only one (please Tahiti shouldn't count ). Ideye, akpala, ujah and miss are all good strikers, it takes a great manager to bring out the killer instinct in them. Keshi was a defender, how will he know what to tell our attackers? Why i love Siasia is that he fields players that fit into his style. Keshi keeps saying our team is young, yet he is the same person who keeps changing at will. What happened to obiora nwankwo, Reuben Gabriel, and all the guys who went for afcon? Why is our afcon winning team unable to beat Rwanda, Kenya and co just few months after winning afcon? Simply put, the success factor that was around th team at the afcon knock out stages are no longer there. The NFf, Amodu, kanu, jayjay and many sport analyst were all in camp to motivate the players. Keshi and amokachi know the politics they played to get Siasia out. Using the same super sport. Karma is about to tell on them.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Sheguama: 3:26am On Jul 10, 2013
edoyad: Sunday(kpomo lips) Oliseh, please be quiet already. Keshi has contributed more to Nigerian football than you could ever do even if you lived to be two hundred years old. I didn't like your personality much as a player and many Nigerians feel that way too.

Speak for your self my friend. You are on your own.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by akinladejo: 3:46am On Jul 10, 2013
ayusco: Hmmm I have gone through both keshi n oliseh post being proud men full of ego so its no suprise they would clash that said I'm mostly with keshi on this.
Oliseh said during the 90s the league was on fire which is not true as the pitches, administration, level of play etc was just as poor if not worse than the current situation.
He also said keshi has not had a steady first xi since the AFCON again not true barring two or three players missing due to injury this has been the same set of players who played through the afcon, WC Qualifiers to the confed cup. And pray tell who r d major players that keshi did not take that would have improved our performance in Brazil? Is it calamity yobo or osaze n his twitter rants?
Then he said clubs not NT make players abeg who was onazi b4 the afcon dude wasn't even a first team player now he's an absolute beast of a player. Mikel that was lethargic at best now bossing midfield against world class opponents n more like that.
Plus the way all of them r shouting home based home based you wouldn't know he also called unknown players from abroad omeruo, ogu, onazi, dike etc
Lastly all this hue n cry about our confed performance is over the top cmon this is the confed we are talking about a glorified friendly tournament. I rather we make our mistakes learn from it then come smoking hot for the 2014 WC Cameroon got to the final of the confed cup some years back does anyone remember? Exactly my point Brazil tht has won the last three confeds failed at the last two WC which cup do u think Brazilian fans would have preferred? Keshi has his failings but he hhas never fielded a player just to massage his ego any player he picks he believes can do a job for the team this approach won us the afcon after years of drought with the same players some people r clamouring to come back. By the way no be oliseh lose ball wey 10 man Italy use score against us in usa 94? Its very easy to criticise to look good
. Nice points. You are just too much.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 10, 2013
After reading what oliseh wrote,must confess,did not know they were having issues,I am shocked that people are actually deriding oliseh for what he said.
That is a man who basically spoke based on the love for his country.And if you think he wants Keshi's job,well do you think oliseh wants a job where he gets owed 6 months,3 months salary arrearswhy cant you bashers be objective for once.when the eagles won in 94,they were simply the best in Africa and all games they played,you cpould see a team going places,I dare anyone to name both teams to the Afcon and to the Confed cup and then compare the teams.the WC is basically around the corner and Nigeria is busy experimenting despite being African champions
The confed cup is one of the tournaments u need to get a team together and not one you need to know who else to give a chance to.
We are all glad we won the Afcon cup but of what use is it if we fail to qualify for the WC?
If you trully find something wrong with what this man has said,well,you ned to learn more about constructive criticism and not just be sentimentally blinded by your love for one coach or the other.
The League in the 90s was and is still better than the shambles we have now(watch ll the 15yr olds disagree)
I went to stadia back then and followed the sport back then and still do today and the drop in standard is glaring
the league that produced keshi,siasia,ogun-efon{eguaveon}(just had to do it),adepoju,yekini,finidi,iroha,oliha,rufai,ugbade,uche okechukwu,tj babangida beforee they went to europe but basically were well known before they even left the country

THE MAN DOES NOT NEED KESHI'S JOB FOR HE HAS BETTER JOBS THAT PAY HIM BETTER MONEY
its not like being SE coach qualifies you to coach a major club in d world
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 3:53am On Jul 10, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: It is people like you who didn't watch Siasia coach a second time at the U20 who expected much from him. He failed woefully and still wanted thr Super Eagles job.

As for always using our best players, Coach Keshi doesn't have the luxury of having Neymar, Lucas Moura, Jo, Fred, Paulinho for Brazil.

XAVI, Iniesta, Pedro, Busquets, Navas, Silva, Mata for Spain.

Cavani, Suarez, Forlan for Uruguay.

Mourinho had CR7, Kaka, Higuain, Benzema, Ozil, Di Maria, Modric and many more and went trophyless. Do you think Mourinho can cope with our national team better than Keshi? Do you know what Keshi will do with that Madrid team?

what!!!!!!that is total bs you just poured through your nostrils,mou did not go trophyless
he won the league,copa del rey and supercopa with madrid before he left.
keshi would have done squat with madrid like you all forget that keshi was also a coach of mali and togo and if you are good,you will be coach of a better team,at least when madrid job became vacant,keshi was not on mars

Not saying he is bad coach but Nigerians should stop over blowing that stupid ego we have
we still ahve a long way to go
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 10, 2013
collynzo2:
.WHO ARE THEY PLEASE?

.WHO SAYS KESHI CAN'T MANAGE THEM? He changed Mikel to a player who now wears our shirt with pride.

.Conveniently forgot that the transfer window was already closed before AFCON ended

Oliseh is just bitter.
Now that its open, where is he? Ewu Congo
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:05am On Jul 10, 2013
You just heard Mourinho and started writing before reading. Mourinho went trophyless last season with an array of stars. Coach Keshi qualified Togo for the World cup. Do you know how difficult that was? Which stars in the Togolese teams, Malian Team can you compare to the teams Mourinho has coached? Including Porto.
milehigh06:

what!!!!!!that is total bs you just poured through your nostrils,mou did not go trophyless
he won the league,copa del rey and supercopa with madrid before he left.
keshi would have done squat with madrid like you all forget that keshi was also a coach of mali and togo and if you are good,you will be coach of a better team,at least when madrid job became vacant,keshi was not on mars

Not saying he is bad coach but Nigerians should stop over blowing that stupid ego we have
we still ahve a long way to go

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha & President Vladimir Putin Pose With Football Legends / Neymar Among Five Players Sent Off After Mass Brawl Following Psg's Defeat / Ronaldo's Last-Gasp Goal Saves His Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.