Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

ASUP Set To Call Off Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUP Set To Call Off Strike (25290 Views)

ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education / BREAKING News~ASUU Calls Off Strike. / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by omiobo: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
caseless: we nor de doubt u.

We plenty o! Yabatech for real!

1 Like

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Altruist(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
Repn fedponek hnd final abeg make asup allow us finish go service na
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by MrMr(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
gud news... one luv my people. i rep fed poly ede
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by emmaliveth10(m): 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
We pray so!
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
I also rep Yaba Tech!!!we still remain the best!!PTT rockx
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
spiritfada: Yes ooo, but 2weeks for me is a bit too long! I wish it was tomorrow!
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Harrypoter(m): 10:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
colombiana: Country dey face serious insecurity una wan add strike join, in GEJ mind #well students are geting killed daily in schools they better be at home# funny country everyone wants attention. Mtcheww thankGod for covenant university and all other substandard private uni

SUBSTANDARD indeed! Lolx
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by emmanueldestiny: 5:38am On Jul 12, 2013
spiritfada: National President of the  Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics,  ASUP,  Dr  Chibuzor Asumogba has said that the 73-day old strike embarked on by his union will be called off in two weeks time.

This was even as the President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Dr Nasir Isa Fagge told Vanguard that the  10-day-old  varsity lecturers strike would continue.

Asumogba,  in an interview with Vanguard after the meeting with the Joint National Assembly Committees on Education, indications emerged that the Federal Government would accede to their demands.

He said: “Our meeting with the Senate Committee on Education was successful. There was an agreement to meet our demands in the next two weeks as the request will be presented to President Goodluck Jonathan for his approval.”

He said that the Senate  Committee Chaired by Senator Uche Chukwumerije however, pleaded that the union should call-off their strike and give it some time to convey their demands to the President.

Asumogba who noted that he cannot unilaterally call off the strike based on government’s promise added, “We will determine when to call off our industrial action after our NEC meeting slated in two weeks.”

According to him,  ASUP demands waiting for presidential approval include; implementation of the Consolidated Polytechnics and Colleges of Education Academic Staff Salary Structure, the Consolidated Polytechnic and Colleges of Education Academic Staff Salary Structure (CONPCASS), package, the appointment of the governing council and the issuance of the White Paper on same.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/asup-set-to-call-off-strike/
i like this
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by ishmael(m): 11:54am On Aug 13, 2013
I've not heard anything again about government meeting the demands of ASUP. Hope poly lecturers were not decieved to call of their strike? They should have done it the ASUU way.
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Lifemangado(m): 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
What is sad is that the Nigeria Graduates risks becoming further unemployable when they eventually graduate, this is why I have always love helping whosoever is interested in transcription to study abroad.
May God help Nigerians help themselves....

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by ishmael(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Any news about meeting the demands of ASUP? Govt themselves are not sincere.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SSANU Joins ASUU To Reject IPPIS / 24-year-old Beauty Queen Obiamaka Enweluzor Sends Twin Orphans Back To School / Strike Continues As ASUU NEC Fails To Suspend Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.