Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,206 members, 7,953,765 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:49 AM

Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook (7397 Views)

Angry Friend Takes To Facebook To Name & Shame A Guy Who Ditched Her / Why Won't He Apologise To Me? / Why Won't a Girl Tell a Boy That She Likes Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 12:04am On Jul 10, 2013
k2039:
To think that you are 27 and still think like this is alarming (no disrespect).

A guy will do anything to get into a girls pant (expecially when I'm sure to get into her pants after 3 months and I'm certain I'll always get in when I want).

Besides there are girls I call and chat with virtually everyday and there is no string attached, so imagine what I will do when a pussy is attached.

Let me now put the final name in the coffin.
You want him to add you on fb, so that you can change your relationship status to reveal you are engaged to him.
Apparently, he is already engaged to someone else on his fb, hence he is protecting his own interest to get into your own pant.
I can bet with my life that he sees you as a sex object, nothing more, nothing less.

If you can sit down to think about what you entering into, you won't be here arguing crap with us, have you ever considered the possibility that his mum/family could have a problem with the age. I have heard it times without number that women age faster than men, in this case yours is even exponential.

Like you said he looks like a player to you and he is well established, you will only be demonstrating the apex of all stupidity if you chose to ignore the hand writing on the wall and that will ultimately certify you as a person of the first order.

You are 27 years, an adult, you should be able to determine what's good for you or not and be ready to face the consequence be it good or bad.

The last thing I want to see is you opening a thread 'He dumped me after fucking my pussy like hell'.

First let me say (It's too early to add him as anything more than a friend... I just wanna know if like u say he has another girl listed as hi gf)
As for the last part.....
Lol that's funny but seriously I assumed that if he didn't want anything serious why waste 3 months of your life?? Oh we'll guess I will have to make him show me the fb when we go out to dinner on Thursday........ And I did think it would be an age problem with his family and also that I am a single mum and its so much to take on for a man with so much prospectus but he assured me it would not matter and begged me to let him prove himself too me. But I will state again so far he is 1000times more mature than my 40 year old baby father. And it's not just like poof in 3 months you get the kitty I just take a minimum of 3 months to get to know you and longer if need be. Do you have a better suggestion please I would relly like to know. The three months is to see if he wants a serious relationship with me or if he is just using me for sex..... Any new methods will be taken seriously and I will try them just don't wanna get used again.......
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2013
alutacontinua:

Since you don't have any concrete reason yet, try and lie low and ask again some other time. Not now! He'll just open another account and shut you up! Don't break up just yet but don't put too much energy into him yet. Play along! By now, you should also be developing the genes na... tongue

What's the gene na please smiley
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by DICKtator: 12:08am On Jul 10, 2013
Could y'all just phucck and let's move on with our lives?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by k2039: 12:09am On Jul 10, 2013
Enegod: give him time it's too early to start judging him...*but keep your eyes wide open* goodluck
It's one thing to posses a pair of eyes, but seeing with the pair of eyes is another thing.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 12:25am On Jul 10, 2013
k2039: It's one thing to posses a pair of eyes, but seeing with the pair of eyes is another thing.

I'm still waiting for your advice please grin
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by k2039: 12:36am On Jul 10, 2013
lostgirl85:

Hey sweety, I'll send you a pm, I'll like to go of the radar if I'm going to trash out that issue, more like someone's life experience. For now I'm watching a movie a long one at that and I may probably sleep along the line, so you need to get a good sleep, I'll pm you later in the morning.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 10, 2013
The dude is a player.Enjoy the ride..I am sure both of u are gonna enjoy yanshing each other..
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 10, 2013
Weird, I'm reading a book right now about how people's personal space/s (including web pages) can tell you a lot about them, but I don't want to digress. Anyhoo, had he not lied about his age and being on FB, I would've suggested not making a big deal out of it (for a few reasons), but because he has lied to you, he has proved himself to be dishonest and I would thread cautiously. But you say he's more mature than other men you've encountered (how so?), so it's up to you to weigh what's really important to you.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 10, 2013
lostgirl85:

Everyman that hits on me has Nigerian decent lol!!
Are YoU a fOwL??
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 1:32am On Jul 10, 2013
Yield: Weird, I'm reading a book right now about how people's personal space/s (including web pages) can tell you a lot about them, but I don't want to digress. Anyhoo, had he not lied about his age and being on FB, I would've suggested not making a big deal out of it (for a few reasons), but because he has lied to you, he has proved himself to be dishonest and I would thread cautiously. But you say he's more mature than other men you've encountered (how so?), so it's up to you to weigh what's really important to you.

Very true, he has his life together is what I mean by more mature and he doesn't seem to be chasing his youth like my daughters dad who is 40 and tells everyone he is 25 kmt. And honestly I don't even think he knows I noticed the fb slip up but I'm gonna give him 4 weeks then he is giving me his phone and his fb better be deactivated..........
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 1:34am On Jul 10, 2013
Aggrippa:
Are YoU a fOwL??
Are you?

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by jonex70(m): 1:52am On Jul 10, 2013
You are overreacting for sure, you guys are still new to each other and he may have some old relationship that is not working again, but still need time to sort out b4 he concentrate on you that is why he has not invited you to fb. for example i and my gf have fb acct and very active but we are not friends on fb. i just dont like to know what she does with her private life so far we are not married. may be my life is too simple tho. i just bleive fb or not what ever will be will surely be.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 1:59am On Jul 10, 2013
jonex70: You are overreacting for sure, you guys are still new to each other and he may have some old relationship that is not working again, but still need time to sort out b4 he concentrate on you that is why he has not invited you to fb. for example i and my gf have fb acct and very active but we are not friends on fb. i just dont like to know what she does with her private life so far we are not married. may be my life is too simple tho. i just bleive fb or not what ever will be will surely be.

So I should go through his phone without his knowledge?? I'm just gonna ask him straight up can he show me that his fb says he is not in a relationship with another girl
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 2:13am On Jul 10, 2013
dat your boyfriend is not ready...dont take him serious...or else try work on Him to make him a future, approved, responsible and committed partner...i.e that dream spouse
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 10, 2013
First of all, most Nigerians on Facebook do not state their partners.

Having said that, I think you should decide if his privacy is worth invading. If it is, here are some tips to get his facebook account on your own:
*get to know him better
*know his friends(their real names/pet names)
*know his family both nuclear and extended(real names/pet names)
*ex-class mates
*ex-employers/business partners/colleagues etc
*search his friends/family/colleagues etc on face book: search all their friends list, you are bound to get him

I think it is fishy when a guy doesn't tell a girl he claims to care about what she wants to know. At the same no one likes to be investigated.

My advice:
*do not DEMAND he gives you his fb account name
*Do not coerce him to give it up
*tell him nicely how that behaviour makes you sceptical
*act like him withholding that info is breaking your heart
*make him fell guilty for not disclosing it: you can achieve this by crying pathetically or praising him all the time.

OR
You can just forget about this little issue and enjoy the relationship while it lasts.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 10, 2013
Hes hiding something.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by 2legit2qwt: 3:36am On Jul 10, 2013
You stated in your post that he has lied to you once within 4 weeks of dating him. You then went on to defend the possibility that he could be dating you for his papers probably to make yourself feel good. I'm not sure why you're so confident about that but personally, i begin to doubt a person and everything they say/do once they lie to me once.

With that said, i think it'll be highly ridiculous if you break up with a person because they refused to add you on FB.

Typically, i'm usually skeptical about being friends on FB with someone i just met and we've only been together for 4 weeks. I feel like my FB contains a lot of information I won't like to reveal at the initial stage of my relationship.

On the other hand, if i'm crazy about the girl and i really wanna get things rolling fast, i'll be willing to be her friend on there ASAP.

I know of a few friends who would never add their girlfriends for fear of losing the flings they have on the side who may post incriminating messages on their wall. Fear of being publicly exclusive with a girl is damaging to a player.

Basically, there are way too many reasons why your guy may be secretive about his FB account so it'll be unreasonable to end things because of what you ain't even sure of.

However, one thing i do know is that you both ain't starting your relationship on a good note if he's already lied to you and if you're already questioning the motives behind his action to the extent of creating a thread about it on a public forum. That's not a good sign.

I'll say, give him time and don't bring it up for a long time. Watch his behavior and study him. Most importantly, don't put all your heart into this to avoid getting hurt. It's too early, but it ain't looking good.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 4:08am On Jul 10, 2013
2legit2qwt: You stated in your post that he has lied to you once within 4 weeks of dating him. You then went on to defend the possibility that he could be dating you for his papers probably to make yourself feel good. I'm not sure why you're so confident about that but personally, i begin to doubt a person and everything they say/do once they lie to me once.

With that said, i think it'll be highly ridiculous if you break up with a person because they refused to add you on FB.

Typically, i'm usually skeptical about being friends with someone i just met and we've only been together for 4 weeks. I feel like my FB contains a lot of information I won't like to reveal at the initial stage of my relationship.

On the other hand, if i'm crazy about the girl and i really wanna get things rolling fast, i'll be willing to be her friend on FB ASAP.

I know of a few friends who would never add their girlfriends for fear of losing the flings they have on the side who may post incriminating messages on their wall. Fear of being publicly exclusive with a girl is damaging to a player.

Basically, there are way too many reasons why your guy may be secretive about his FB account so it'll be unreasonable to end things because of what you ain't even sure of.

However, one thing i do know is that you both ain't starting your relationship on a good note if he's already lied to you and if you're already questioning the motives behind his action to the extent of creating a thread about it on a public forum. That's not a good sign.

I'll say, give him time and don't bring it up for a long time. Watch his behavior and study him. Most importantly, don't put all your heart into this to avoid getting hurt. It's too early, but it ain't looking good.

A public forum where I am anonymous, but thank you very much for your input I think I'm going to just forget it cause he isn't shady when I call he always answers and say my name followed by a bunch of babies, I already met his best friend and he said he told his sister about me, I'm just going to let it be i know it's the lie about his age that bugs me, seriously I was gonna end it but I took two days and weighed out the pros and cons and I stayed. (He begged) he knows if I find another lie I am out but he also knows my bad history with a nigerian baby father who was secretly married. Long story, if you want details read my first thread. Thanks again
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by 2legit2qwt: 4:10am On Jul 10, 2013
lostgirl85:

A public forum where I am anonymous, but thank you very much for your input I think I'm going to just forget it cause he isn't shady when I call he always answers and say my name followed by a bunch of babies, I already met his best friend and he said he told his sister about me, I'm just going to let it be i know it's the lie about his age that bugs me, seriously I was gonna end it but I took two days and weighed out the pros and cons and I stayed. (He begged) he knows if I find another lie I am out but he also knows my bad history with a nigerian baby father who was secretly married. Long story, if you want details read my first thread. Thanks again Bleep
Good, hope it works out for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 4:14am On Jul 10, 2013
gbaky_floor:
First of all, most Nigerians on Facebook do not state their partners.

Having said that, I think you should decide if his privacy is worth invading. If it is, here are some tips to get his facebook account on your own:
*get to know him better
*know his friends(their real names/pet names)
*know his family both nuclear and extended(real names/pet names)
*ex-class mates
*ex-employers/business partners/colleagues etc
*search his friends/family/colleagues etc on face book: search all their friends list, you are bound to get him

I think it is fishy when a guy doesn't tell a girl he claims to care about what she wants to know. At the same no one likes to be investigated.

My advice:
*do not DEMAND he gives you his fb account name
*Do not coerce him to give it up
*tell him nicely how that behaviour makes you sceptical
*act like him withholding that info is breaking your heart
*make him fell guilty for not disclosing it: you can achieve this by crying pathetically or praising him all the time.

OR
You can just forget about this little issue and enjoy the relationship while it lasts.

Lol! You took the thoughts right out of my head I was literally like I know this could be a deal breaker for him and me, him getting tired of my trust issues or me finding out he has a gf, so I'm going to nicely let him know that before he closes his Facebook I would like to see his relationship status and assure him that it will help me to trust him since he is the one who has betrayed my trust once there should be no problem. And I will trust him with no questions from this day forth.... Lol I will try but he is so damn gorgeous!! The 6pack makes me gaga and to make matters more complicated we just flow when we are together and when we talk which is every day we talk and weekly dates thanks again
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 4:23am On Jul 10, 2013
2legit2qwt:
Good, hope it works out for you guys.
Oh and I only post on here because nigerian men are a different breed. You need specific advice just for them, which is kind if sexy y'all are so complex and manly. To be honest all the Nigerian girls I know say they are not on their boyfriends fb pages, just wanted male advice as we women can sometimes unintentionally mislead each other. I'm going to take you and gab floors advice combined I will wait a few more weeks to bring it up again and be gentle with my request, I sure hope this one works I really like him he is definitely husband material......

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by 2legit2qwt: 4:35am On Jul 10, 2013
lostgirl85:
Oh and I only post on here because nigerian men are a different breed. You need specific advice just for them, which is kind if sexy y'all are so complex and manly. To be honest all the Nigerian girls I know say they are not on their boyfriends fb pages, just wanted male advice as we women can sometimes unintentionally mislead each other. I'm going to take you and gab floors advice combined I will wait a few more weeks to bring it up again and be gentle with my request, I sure hope this one works I really like him he is definitely husband material......

Oh i know that's right, we are indeed different. I like the compliment and i take it wholeheartedly cheesy. If only our women will see us in that light sad

Do that, give it time and i'm sure things will take shape whichever way it's gonna be.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 10, 2013
lostgirl85:
So your my bitter poster today.... Hi how are you?? Hope all is well, I know it's hard when you are lonely but it will all be better soon pumpkin
Aww.

You wanted it raw, I gave you raw. So why are you crying? You think I have time to pamper people who want it raw? You never see nothing. . . cheesy

lostgirl85: .... But seriously am I overreacting? He asked me to cut off all other men for him...... And one last thing he also says that Nigerians don't introduce you to their mum until they know they want to marry you. Give it to me raw people I can take it. Oh and this one has his British citizenship already grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by ayando(m): 8:14am On Jul 10, 2013
lostgirl85:

To some fb isn't serious but to me it is like you say he could be a whole nother person on there and I wanna know that person b4 I open my legs and 3 months is a lot longer than most women can say considering I'm not a virgin.
on the fb thing, I agree with you on that. it speaks a lot about someone personality behind the physical presence. for the 3month, u are wrong. I have stayed without sex for 7 months and I am not a virgin. so you are wrong to say 3 month is long enough for u.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
ayando:
on the fb thing, I agree with you on that. it speaks a lot about someone personality behind the physical presence. for the 3month, u are wrong. I have stayed without sex for 7 months and I am not a virgin. so you are wrong to say 3 month is long enough for u.

Well after some thinking I have decided that when I see him again I want to see from him whether he is in a relationship with someone on fb and then I am going to give him what he wants, he has already asked me to be in a committed relationship so it makes no sense for me to make him wait any longer, my brother says as the other guy said it will only piss him off and make him use me for the next 6-9 months. So he is going on a 3 week trip and when he gets back I'm going to cook some fried rice, jellof rice or whatever his favourite dish is over a candlelight dinner some desert, a nice hot oil massage and.......,., (if he is still awake)

Disclaimer: I will use my daughters dad like he used me grin grin grin grin and while my bf is on vacation for the 4 weeks I will cook like crazy and he will be my taste tester I also have some friends who would not mind eating if I cook grin grin wish me luck....
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by MrsChima(f): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
sexkillz: Lmao. This is funny.

Why is that funny bro? Some women actually waits three months before spreading the legs.

I waited a while before Chima embraced the gift. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Even if his relationship status is single on facebook that doesn't mean he is. I think you are putting too much emphasis on seeing what his status says. It could come back to be a bad thing for you. Good luck tho. I hope you update us.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Even if his relationship status is single on facebook that doesn't mean he is. I think you are putting too much emphasis on seeing what his status says. It could come back to be a bad thing for you. Good luck tho. I hope you update us.

I don't care if it says single as long as it doesn't say in a relationship with (some girl) and he gladly showed me his page and changed his status to in a relationship but I don't care to be his fb friend it was just the lie about his age that threw me off, so I'm good .....lol for now smiley will keep everyone updated if we break up or get married kiss
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by k2039: 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
lostgirl85:

Taking a look at all the comments on the thread, it's obvious every one thinks that guy shouldn't be taken to seriously. It's advisable you keep your emotional distance in this relationship until he proves beyond reasonable doubt that he loves you.

My advise is simple, don't put too much of your heart into this.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Puvguy: 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
Oh I missed your new story :-) Anyways, it will astound me if anything good comes of this relationship.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by free2ryhme: 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
lostgirl85: Okay so I have been dating this nigerian young man for 4weeks (he is 24 I am 27). Let me first state that we have not had intercourse as yet I have a 3 month rule. Anyways, after a week he asked me to be his girlfriend, everything is going pretty well but initially he told me he was not on fb, when I brung up the subject again he said he doesn't go on there often and was deleting it soon. I just know he is hiding something, or am I over reacting?? The plan is to leave it be and in four weeks ask him if he is still on fb and if he says yes request that he add me on the spot or let me see his profile. (On another side not i don't know what his fb name is else I would have sent a friend request) so secretive and he has lied once already, he told me when he me he was 27 when I googled him and found out his real age he said it was because he knew I wouldn't give him a second look had I known he was younger. To be fair he is right I would have said no way all my exes are at least 10 years my senior although he is a lot more mature then them. But seriously am I overreacting? He asked me to cut off all other men for him...... And one last thing he also says that Nigerians don't introduce you to their mum until they know they want to marry you. Give it to me raw people I can take it. Oh and this one has his British citizenship already grin grin grin

just like your moniker you are a lost girl
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
For all those who doubted we are still going strong see you in a year and I sincerely feel we will still be together he makes me so happy and he is the one man that has continued to show me that he is willing to earn my trust after all that I have been through! I am blushing just thinking about him kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cougars (sugar Mummies) And Toy Boys (boyfriends) / Unbelievable!! How Can You Wear This To The Church? (PHOTOS) / THIS Is What I Ate This Afternoon Because Of No Money Caused By Covid-19.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.