Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition (17635 Views)

Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) / Chukwuma Bamidele Dies (Nnamdi-Azikiwe's First-Son) / Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by ucluiz: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
ACN are worst party one can be in Nigeria. Bt wait o is it not d same crime acn are accusing GEJ of against Amaechi? Shame on Tinubu, shame on fayemi, shame on ngige, shame on buhari and shame on acn and cpc dat makes up d criminal apc. My promise to them is that history wil judge and hunt dam down. Bunch of fools.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by otss(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
he should be punished coz, he is too ambitious shocked
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
You see what we keep talking about. A man is shouted upon and punished just because he feels he's qualified to contest for a political office and tomorrow, these ACN/APC people will tell us that they're progressives. I'm not surprised because ACN is a party that does not believe in democratic tenets. They'll rather impose candidates than allow candidates jostle for position.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by LabourParty(m): 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
dridowu: If truly pple of Ekiti want him as gov, he shd leave acn to contest in order party, he sd learn frm thre neigbhour state gov (mimiko), who went ahead to contest in unknown party

It's called Labour Party... grin grin grin
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva: You see what we keep talking about. A man is shouted upon and punished just because he feels he's qualified to contest for a political office and tomorrow, these ACN/APC people will tell us that they're progressives. I'm not surprised because ACN is a party that does not believe in democratic tenets. They'll rather impose candidates than allow candidates jostle for position.

He feels he is qualified but the party does not want him to contest for the Governorship, He can pursue his ambitions in other parties.

Or how has ACN stopped him from contesting for Ekiti governorship? Is ACN the only party around
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by takedat(m): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
Bola Tinubu Speaks On The Purported Removal Of Opeyemi Bamidele As Leader Of Ekiti State Caucus In The House Of Reps.

It has been reported that members of the Ekiti State Caucus in the House of Representatives suspended Hon. Michael Opeyemi Bamidele, as their leader because of his alleged declaration to contest the governorship election next year.  I have not seen an official word through the party machinery about this action. However, I feel compelled to speak to dispel rumor and false report from assuming the aspect of fact.

The news of the purported removal of  Opeyemi Bamidele came as a surprise. The decision of the members of the Ekiti House Caucus in this regard truncates ongoing efforts at reconciliation, notwithstanding the fact that the party leadership is working hard to reconcile all sides. What took some members of the leadership of the party to Ekiti State recently was a continuation of the process of appeal and reconciliation. The objective here is to first understand and iron out the issues that have resorted in a gulf between Opeyemi Bamidele and Governor Kayode Fayemi on one hand and the party towards building a formidable political house in Ekiti.

From my vantage point, I don’t believe the members of the Ekiti caucus could possibly take such a step for such a scant reason.  I trust their democratic pedigree to highly believe that they would not be used to take this false step which would violate established party rules, processes and traditions.

For instance, decisions of this critical nature must be done with the consultation of the national leadership of the party.  From what I can gather, our National Chairman and the party’s leadership were never consulted nor notified about the pendency of such a stark action.  For that reason alone, if such an action has been taken, those who did so should retrace their steps to avoid creating an unnecessary difficulty for themselves and the Ekiti chapter of the party.

Beyond the issue of procedure and rules, there is the tiny matter of internal party democracy to consider. I  have said before, any party member has a right to contest the governorship of Ekiti  or any other state. Any other person, including Opeyemi Bamidele, has the right to. This right is so fundamental to internal democracy that I do not believe he should be sanctioned at this point where the most he has done is make unofficial statements about contesting. Our party cannot join the club of other parties that punish members for expressing interests in an office.

While Opeyemi Bamidele’s position may not be popular among his colleagues, he has the right to believe as he does. We must protect and smother unpopular and minority positions. If we don’t like it, we vote against it at the appropriate time but we do not punish people simply for thinking differently, this is how we must grow our democracy.

Thus, Opeyemi Bamidele was expressing his democratic rights. To unilaterally suspend him as leader of the House Caucus is a questionable one they should reconsider.  It would appear to contravene the letter and best spirit of party democracy. While we have no problem in him pursuing his democratic ambition without intimidation and persecution, we will continue our efforts at persuading him not to rock the boat and play into the hands of our opponent particularly the PDP shenanigans. Political conflict, challenges and resolutions are the hallmarks of political association and leadership; orderly means of all efforts at democratically resolving those conflicts are not endless in any way.

Accordingly, I urge our five lawmakers; Robison Ajiboye, Bamidele Faparusi, Bimbo Daramola, Dr. Ifeoluwa Arowosoge, and Oyetunde Ojo to  reverse themselves and embrace the process of amicable resolution already put in place by the party and that have been producing good fruit. To do otherwise is to give comfort to those who would seek to divide the Ekiti State chapter of the Action Congress of Nigeria. We appeal to those promoting these divisions to sheathe their swords in the interest of the party and its ardent followers. We cannot forget so soon the struggle and what it cost us to get to where we are today. We owe it to the Ekiti people and all democrats in the country to sustain and protect this hard won democracy. All true progressives must rise up in defence of individual freedom and promotion of democratic values. We shall overcome for the good of all. Thank You.

Signed- Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

http://abusidiqu.com/?p=15234&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bola-tinubu-speaks-on-the-purported-removal-of-opeyemi-bamidele-as-leader-of-ekiti-state-caucus-in-the-house-of-reps&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

3 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by thelastPope(m): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

He feels he is qualified but the party does not want him to contest for the Governorship, He can pursue his ambitions in other parties.

Or how has ACN stopped him from contesting for Ekiti governorship? Is ACN the only party around

Gerrout! Hypocrite unlimited!!! Why didnt you say this about Amaechi? Shameless hypocrites!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
Acn= hypocrisy, double standard and shameless
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by mbulela: 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
Are these the progressives we are expecting or are we to expect another?
The only luck these clowns have is that the PDP is worse. However ACN (or whatever present incarnation of theirs) are doing such a good job of closing the gap.

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Afam4eva(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Just listen to yourself. Why doesn't the party want him to contest but they want him to remain a member. Whatever happened to freedom of aspiring to any public office. Are the ACN chieftains afraid that he may win?
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by akpomeme(m): 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
I have been vindicated. Where the heck is Garri the 1st to defend this shit. APC sorry to say are worse than PDP the devil we know.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: Acn= hypocrisy, double standard and shameless
I'm happy that people are beginning to see the hypocrisy that is ACN/APC. Like no one be deceived that they're any different from PDP.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope:

Gerrout! Hypocrite unlimited!!! Why didnt you say this about Amaechi? Shameless hypocrites!!! grin grin grin

What parallels can you draw about this and Amaechi who was voted as NGF chairman by majority of Nigerian Governors?

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Just listen to yourself. Why doesn't the party want him to contest but they want him to remain a member. Whatever happened to freedom of aspiring to any public office. Are the ACN chieftains afraid that he may win?

ACN chieftains are happy with the work of Governor Kayode Fayemi currently and they feel its in the best interest of the party for him to go for another term.

ACN chooses their candidates by consensus and they did the same thing(Chose bamidele by consensus) for Bamidele to be House of Rep member.

Afraid he might win how? How can ACN chiefs stop him from winning under the umbrella of another party
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm happy that people are beginning to see the hypocrisy that is ACN/APC. Like no one be deceived that they're any different from PDP.

What is the hypocrisy you are shouting here, Care to explain.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Afam4eva(m): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

ACN chieftains are happy with the work of Governor Kayode Fayemi currently and they feel its in the best interest of the party for him to go for another term.

ACN chooses their candidates by consensus and they did the same thing(Chose bamidele by consensus) for Bamidele to be House of Rep member.

Afraid he might win how? How can ACN chiefs stop him from winning under the umbrella of another party
So, it's chieftains that now determine who becomes what? You have no shame by espousing this meager dispositions. It's shameful.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by akpomeme(m): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

What parallels can you draw about this and Amaechi who was voted as NGF chairman by majority of Nigerian Governors?
Keep quiet!! It is yet to be seen what is democratic about Ameachi!!! Freaking liar of a pig picked from the gutters now thinking he has what it takes to fight a sitting president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, it's chieftains that now determine who becomes what? You have no shame by espousing this meager dispositions. It's shameful.

The chieftains were the ones who determined that Bamidele becomes the Party representative in the House of Rep in the first place.

If bamidele was for internal democracy he should have insisted on having a primary in 2011 too right?

ACN party chifs have told anyone who cares to hear that they select candidates by consensus. Its simple, Anyone who doesnt like it can either petition INEC or go to another party
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by thelastPope(m): 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Sharrap! Hypocrite! The whole forum is laughing at you... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Sometimeago, PDP said it will rule Nigeria for 60 years but with opposition parties like ACN and CPC, I think PDP will rule for 100 years.

10 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by mbulela: 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

ACN party chifs have told anyone who cares to hear that they select candidates by consensus Bordillion. Its simple, Anyone who doesnt like it can either petition INEC or go to another party
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Geomac: 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope:

Why didnt you say this about Amaechi? Shameless hypocrites!!! grin grin grin

NGF election and what happened in Ekiti are not the same bro.
All I know is that PDP will take over SW by 2014/2015.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by mbulela: 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, it's chieftains Bordillion that now determine who becomes what? You have no shame by espousing this meager dispositions. It's shameful.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by mbulela: 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
Geomac:

Is that a curse or what?
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by thelastPope(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
Geomac:

See bro, let me lay it simple for you. I have never been against Nigeria having a good opposition and an alternative. PDP is far from perfect! A good opposition is actually good for us all. But what irks me to my bone is that these so called opposition are a bunch of freaking hypocrites with zero love for Nigeria! Absolutely no love or patriotism for Nigeria. they are just seeking to grab power and enslave the rest of us. The day I see real opposition, I will know and will support them

7 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
akpomeme:
Keep quiet!! It is yet to be seen what is democratic about Ameachi!!! Freaking liar of a pig picked from the gutters now thinking he has what it takes to fight a sitting president of Nigeria.

Whats this one saying?

Can you be more coherent
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Geomac:

PDP take over which SW? For dem dreams
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Geomac: 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
mbulela:
Is that a curse or what?

No, but prayer from the bottom of my heart.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Geomac: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

PDP take over which SW? For dem dreams

Just wait and see what will happen starting from 2014
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by halavoke: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jargaban n emperor of SW has spoken, y is bamidele tinkin of challengin him.mtscheeeeeew! Rabbish, idiats n nansense Bunch of blaady n farkin hypocrites who are alwys condemnin GEJ n PDP of bin non-democratic. Y
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
While Opeyemi Bamidele’s position may not be popular among his colleagues, he has the right to believe as he does. We must protect and smother unpopular and minority positions. If we don’t like it, we vote against it at the appropriate time but we do not punish people simply for thinking differently, this is how we must grow our democracy.

Excellent, excellent and excellent. This is faultless.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Longeria(m): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
k2039: PDP AND ACN/CPC are birds of a feather. If PDP had done this ACN would have criticised, likewise the reverse.

In a democracy each party devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule – and both commonly succeed and are right.
sharaaaaaaaaaap, who told you PDP and Acn is the same? PDP is by far better democratic than any other party in Nigeria. I hate hypocrites, is it not the same Acn that had been pushing, encouraging, advising Chibuike AMAECHeat not to obey the party that brought him to power and had been surporting him since he has been doing so. What PDP need to do is to capitalize on this, urge Bamidele fight dirty, create hole in the party then hand him their ticket from there anything can happen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Burns 73 Houses And 28 Shops In Borno / Garba Shehu: 'Traditional Rulers In Katsina Are Aiding Bandits' / House Probe: Ishaq Oloyede Gives Reasons For Employing 300 Without Advertising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.