Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,450 members, 7,839,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder (1163 Views)

National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / NASS Crisis: How I Escaped Abduction — Saraki / N/assembly Crisis: How Eight APC Governors Tried To Muscle Saraki, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder by phoneport(m): 4:43am On Jul 10, 2013
Hoodlums, on Tuesday broke into the Rivers State House of Assembly which was on session and attempted to seize the symbol of authority – the mace.

The hoodlums also assaulted the Speaker of the House, Hon. Otelema Amachree just as five members of the House led by Hon Evans Bipi, moved to impeach the Speaker.

Commissioner for Information, Ibim Semenitari, in a telephone interview with Channels Television disclosed that trouble started when Mr Bipi walked up to the speaker and started ‘slapping’ him as members were still exchanging pleasantries.

She said, “While that was going on, they didn’t know that some hoodlums had accessed the assembly. The governor (Rotimi Amaechi) was informed and therefore left the government house to go and ensure that people were protected.

The Speaker of assembly also added, “We had begun sitting when Honourable Evans Bapakaye Bipi, representing Ogu/Bolo constituency came into the house with thugs and started raining blows on the majority leader of the House. And he also came to attack me. He was later joined by Hon. Michael Ogochukwu Chinda from Obio/Akpor 2 constituency. They used all manners of weapons to attack us. As I am talking to you now, the majority leader, Chidi Llyod is drenched in blood”.

watch video in the link below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9P9nxNMA8
source:
http://news.naij.com/39669.html
Re: VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder by phoneport(m): 4:54am On Jul 10, 2013
what a nation where mad people rule sane people.
or may be the people are not really sane to have elected such mad rulers.
this is just the beginning of a long term madness.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder by solgee(m): 5:01am On Jul 10, 2013
OOOOOhhhhh noooo... this is not good.
Re: VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder by solgee(m): 5:03am On Jul 10, 2013
This bruhaha should be terminated with immediate effect before it metamorphose into an uncontrollable situation.
Re: VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder by Danhumprey: 5:08am On Jul 10, 2013
This Rivers state crisis is getting more scary and dangerous. It's a ticking time bomb. And though I don't support the imposition of a State of Emergency,I think it is looming in the horizon.
Re: VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder by mascot87(m): 6:10am On Jul 10, 2013
Lower animals...What a shame embarassed
Re: VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2013
Imagine the useless Nigerian Police that is suppose to make peace is teaming up in the free for all flogging and kicking
what a country bean guided by mad dogs.
in fact I keep quiet and watch shaaa
Re: VIDEO: Rivers Assembly Crisis: How Amaechi Escaped Attempted Murder by OAM4J: 7:18am On Jul 10, 2013

(1)

Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals / Amaechi: I Am Number One On Jonathan’s Hit List / Aviation Ministry To Spend N18bn On Airport Remodelling This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.