Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal (17801 Views)

Ex-Rivers Lawmaker, Eleanya, Shot Dead In Port Harcourt / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal / INCREDIBLE: Rivers Lawmaker Who Battered Others Now Claim To Be Hospitalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by AngelicaDivine(f): 5:52am On Jul 10, 2013
Majority Leader of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Hon. Chidi Lloyd, has recounted his ordeal in the hands of some lawmakers opposed to the state Governor, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, who were accused of being behind the mayhem in the state legislature Tuesday.

There was free-for-all in the House of Assembly which had reconvened after months of suspending plenary to consider an amendment to the state’s 2013 budget.

He said the Assembly, having written to the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Joseph Mbu, to provide security for the plenary, the lawmakers were happy when they arrived at the assembly to notice the presence of about 50 policemen, which they thought was in response to the request by the Speaker, Hon. Otelemaba Amachree.

He said: “We went in as members who have not seen ourselves for some time because of the crisis in the state. I was on my seat, without provocation, Hon. Evans Bipi came to me in the full glare of everybody on camera and started raining punches on me. As his leader, I did not react because I felt that it is something we could settle, whatever it is, maybe I didn’t greet him also. So he continued when that continued, the speaker intervened.

“Then he (Bipi) reached out for the tripod that stands the camera, used it freely on me. He and Michael Okechukwu Chinda, who later joined him in the attack, flogged me to their satisfaction. I didn’t utter a word until Hon. Ihunwo graciously asked me to run for my dear life because they had brought people with guns and of course, when I looked at the gallery they were shouting who is the Chidi Lloyd. Who is the Chidi Lloyd?

“So at that point, I’m sure somebody may have reached out to the governor of the state who came in with his own security because these other policemen were there standing helplessly, watching what was going on. So he came and rescued members out of the place. Then after a while we heard that they had sat, that they were meeting, they were trying to meet, they had procured a fake mace to the House, so we went back and I took the mace where they were sitting, then I sustained injury as a result of the violence by Michael Chinda and Evans Bipi.” Lloyd expressed concern over his safety and urged well-meaning Nigerians to intervene in the crisis in Rivers State before it leads to anarchy.

He said: “I’m so helpless; I don’t know who to run to. I can’t go to the commissioner of police because he is already in the arena; he’s already on the other side. I’m appealing to well-meaning Nigerians to pray for me and my family. That is the last hope we have resorted to and that we also urge the National Assembly, the Senate President and the Speaker of the House of Representatives not to turn the other way on the events in Rivers State. This could lead to something that we cannot imagine.”

Source: http://infonigeria24.com/battered-rivers-lawmaker-recounts-ordeal/

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by OgaTheTop2: 6:03am On Jul 10, 2013
cool
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by justsayemma(m): 6:47am On Jul 10, 2013
M confused gan,tot they said Chidi was d man with d big stick.

8 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by gunuvi(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2013
What is wrong with our leaders? A whole Hon Llyod can't even fake an injured man well. From the picture, everyone will know he just removed his cap and lie on that hospital bed just to snap the picture. Have anyone ever seen a cap beside an injured man in an hospital?
Pls try fake well well next time.
Okay na, you want us well meaning Nigerians to come to your aid? Did I hear you say that? Do you think we well meaning Nigerians care about any of you? No we don't no more as you people don't care a bit about us.
Enjoy your loot and also enjoy the pain. Time will tell sha in the country.

63 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by jmaine: 9:16am On Jul 10, 2013
See severely bruised and hospitalized man with stainless white and his cap majestically placed beside him

Na today grin . . .See pretending . . .

15 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by hisxlency: 9:45am On Jul 10, 2013
Physical combat is no longer the true way of resolving conflicts, but through intellectual brainstorming in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by brixton: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2013
jmaine: See severely bruised and hospitalized man with stainless white and his cap majestically placed beside him

Na today grin . . .See pretending . . .
gunuvi: What is wrong with our leaders? A whole Hon Llyod can't even fake an injured man well. From the picture, everyone will know he just removed his cap and lie on that hospital bed just to snap the picture. Have anyone ever seen a cap beside an injured man in an hospital?
Pls try fake well well next time.
Okay na, you want us well meaning Nigerians to come to your aid? Did I hear you say that? Do you think we well meaning Nigerians care about any of you? No we don't no more as you people don't care a bit about us.
Enjoy your loot and also enjoy the pain. Time will tell sha in the country.

LMAO...

God help NIGERIA!

2 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Policewoman(f): 9:46am On Jul 10, 2013
Was it not Chidi Lloyd that was shown in the video, planking a fellow member with a stick looking like the mace? How come he is now playing victim?

14 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by effisyman: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2013
How on earth can these type of politicians think about development of a state.

1 Like

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2013
Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria!! Re-locating to PLUTO
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by aminho(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2013
is this picture taken b4 he will be taken abroad

3 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by tunsmann(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2013
ha ; ha; ha;lawmakers lawbreakers! grin grin grin
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by sexysunnyb(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2013
NOLLYWOOD SCRIPT
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by nbright: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2013
@ all those putting dots and commas, I hope it wasna for the 1st to comment thing?.
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by fitzmayowa: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2013
I dey laff ooo

1 Like

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by igbsam(m): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2013
What is he taking drip for ? to re-grain the strenght he used in planking his fellow honourable's ? This picture looks fake jor. Well meaning nigerians indeed. You better get up from that bed and go back to that House called Assembly and continue the planking. because i enjoyed watching the season 1 of that movie "RIVERS STATE "THE ASSEMBLY HOUSE OF PLANKING"

8 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by tunsmann(m): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2013
aminho: is this picture taken b4 he will be taken abroad

who knows, tomorrow ?
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2013
What about the dude that was being brutalizes on the front page yesterday.
Where's his own hospital bed picture?
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Dreal1247: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2013
When is this going to end
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Dreal1247: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2013
When is this going to end?
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2013
Them never arrest them?

Walahi na all of them mess up, both the battered and the batteed!! Lol at d grammar cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2013
Rivers people, oya over to you o! You people will not watch your state turn into another war zone. it's left for you to decide how well you want your state to be.
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by qLady(f): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2013
He was the one hitting Hon . Chinda oh my God , liar

1 Like

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by anitank(f): 9:56am On Jul 10, 2013
LMAO! These people are better actors than those in hollywood. The same man who was chasing someone with a big long stick is now laying in a hospital bed posing for cameras grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Policewoman(f): 9:57am On Jul 10, 2013
He should have employed NOLLYWOOD make up artists to paint him with blood and wounds to make the picture look real tongue tongue tongue tongue Agbero Touts that call themselves Lawmakers.

1 Like

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Elueme: 9:58am On Jul 10, 2013
Amaechi and his crew are cheap propagandists. This is a case of committing a crime and hurriedly rushing to the police to raise a false alarm. Part of the video clip being circulated on net shows that it was thus same Chidi Llyod that was using either plank or maze to beat up a armless lawmaker blue black. Shame on you guys.
N.B: I don't subscribe to the wreckless attitude of either camp. What has happened as has been seen in many other houses of assembly( PDP or ACN ) is a shame on the civility of the people who supposedly represent us, but what am still grasping with is why the governor had to mobilize to the state assembly with such alacrity and the rate at which the state commissioner of information had gone on air in channels as well as channels airing of a one sided and biase reportage( thought we accused NTA of this nonsense).
My candid conclusion is that we haven't seen or heard the last of what transpired but surely Amaechi is being smart and funny but how long can these antics sustain him?

6 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by size38: 9:58am On Jul 10, 2013
Most nigerians don't understand d magnitude of problems in Rivers state. How can ordinary 5 law makers impeach a speaker out of d 32 members? What must have given them d guts to do that if they are not having backing from Abuja? I urge well meaning Nigerians to rise up to d illegality and rascality going on in Rivers state being sponsored by d president and his wife from Abuja

5 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by Policewoman(f): 9:59am On Jul 10, 2013
Oh Rivers!!!!! I weep for my state cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by yuzedo: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2013
This flippin' bastard that was caught on Camera ALUUing people with Mace is now pretending to be a cripple?? grin Damn Politricks! This nigger represents ALUU, right?! Cos that's the only explanation for his barbarism.

9 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by ifyalways(f): 9:59am On Jul 10, 2013
Poor acting,lol. Worst than watching Jim Iyke take a pastor role. See as he relax well even cross leg join. Which hospital uses that kind of blinds on the window? Na shepe dey beside the bed so?
Clowns

4 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by ocheejemb: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2013
loooolll..nor be this guy wey dey form Khal Drogo with the mace be that...this guy bare nearly killed like 3 guys

2 Likes

Re: Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal by yuzedo: 10:01am On Jul 10, 2013
oche_ejemb: loooolll..nor be this guy wey dey form Khal Drogo with the mace be that...this guy bare nearly killed like 3 guys
Damn you bro!! LMAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari In Sokoto For 10th Anniversary Of Sultan Of Sokoto (pics) / Ezekwesili Reacts As INEC Names Buhari’s Niece Official To Announce Presidential / Terrorists Kidnap DPO On His Way To Resume Duty In Birnin Gwari, Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.