Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife (63412 Views)

Remembering The Lost Comrades- OAU July 10 Cult Attack / 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! / Oau Ile Ife 2009/2010 Admission List! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by damosky12(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Demdem:

JJCs are easily spotted in AWO hall. Even we know who the faj boys are when they come around. There is an aura that goes with staying in AWO that I simply can't explain. No dulling in AWO. Never come across any suegbe Awoite.
the "aro" syndrom
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Jarus(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Demdem:

JJCs are easily spotted in AWO hall. Even we know who the faj boys are when they come around. There is an aura that goes with staying in AWO that I simply can't explain. No dulling in AWO. Never come across any suegbe Awoite.

Yes, there is an aura that goes with staying in Awo. And it may even take years after graduating from before the 'aura' finally leaves.

I hardly guess wrong hall of residence of any Ife alumnus I meet. For example, when I joined my current company last year, the first Ife guy I met. From mere interacting with him for 3 minutes, I knew he was a Faj person (i was right), He also guessed right that I was an Awo boy.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dayokanu(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Gunzilla: Dayo,why you dey fall hand on top this lil comment na ? Berem is one of the most reasonable pple on this Nairaland,even with all the tribal BS that goes on all the time...So person no fit follow you play again ? o ga o...lol

My own reply sef na play now. Abi shey na only one person sabi play ni?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Jarus(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
damosky12:
the "aro" syndrom

Apart from the Aro, Awo residents/alumni just have one indescribable kind of aura.

I didn't do Aro, but you will still know from mere seeing me that I was an Awo guy.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
Seeing a cultist being beating or a beaten cultist in OAU sends a serious warning to cultists. Ife no dey take sh1t.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Tolexander: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
longjon: Was in FUTA at the time. Those guys left quite a legacy. I also remember that medical student SUG presido who stayed out of school for some years due to problem with authorities. What's his name again ?
i guess you are asking of ANTHONY FASHAYO aka, TONY FASH. He graduated in 2010. Admitted in 1989.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Gunzilla(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Mr Dolphinelife...i dont know where you got your tales by moonlight stories about Ife being the headquaters of cultism prior to 1999 o...Thats the farthest from the truth..Ife had always being peaceful post Carl's SUG days(Doubt if anyone even knows who Carl is on this thread sef) and there was virtually no Cult action in the School until the SUG heard some boys had a gun on campus and went arrest them in the Staff Quaters..Thats waht triggered the whole attack in Awo Hall that night..
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Jarus(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
Tolexander: i guess you are asking of ANTHONY FASHAYO aka, TONY FASH. He graduated in 2010. Admitted in 1989.
Expelled in 1995, reinstated in 2002. School closed down almost session between 1995-2002 from studnets agitations for their reinstatement.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by playahP(m): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
Back then, oau was the base for most cult groups... Oh how I miss those glory days!!

The idea was actually to kidnap the executives but I guess things went really wrong!!

The Vc took a fall for it cos of his bad standings with the students but I don't think he knew much about d impending hits!!

Rip to d dead!
Life goes on!
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Tolexander: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jarus:

Yes, there is an aura that goes with staying in Awo. And it may even take years after graduating from before the 'aura' finally leaves.

I hardly guess wrong hall of residence of any Ife alumnus I meet. For example, when I joined my current company last year, the first Ife guy I met. From mere interacting with him for 3 minutes, I knew he was a Faj person (i was right), He also guessed right that I was an Awo boy.
you are right bro!

Ife life (for guys) is sectioned between Faj Hall and Awo hall.
And the typical awo guy will never like the faj life and vice versa
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dnawah(m): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
Demdem:

If ur sister stayed in Moz that year, I surely must have come across her. grin
in which of these groups do u belong to then?
A:the people dat romance the books.
B:the people that romance the bottles.
C:the people that romance the babes.
D:all of the above.
E:none of the above.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Gunzilla(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
[b][/b]
playah P: Back then, oau was the base for most cult groups... Oh how I miss those glory days!!

The idea was actually to kidnap the executives but I guess things went really wrong!!

The Vc took a fall for it cos of his bad standings with the students but I don't think he knew much about d impending hits!!

Rip to d dead!
Life goes on!
"Back then, oau was the base for most cult groups"...Bloody Lie!!

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by stone07(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
I remember i supposed to follow my kegite friends to OAU to mark their world kegite gyration but i stayed back.About three of my friends was there.Thank God all of them escaped been killd.Because their kegite program was used by the cults to perpetuate their evil deed.Many students came from other institutions to attend the kegite gyration and the school was bubbling with fun until these killers came.My friend ran inside the female hostel and he was chased by the cults.They looked for him but the female students hid him.The Females saved his life.The guy can never forget this in his life.
My second friend,a kegite chief.He said he ran inside the bush and waited there till morning in the mist of human shit.His whole body was smelling of shit wen he came out from hiding but he said he did not bothered so far he escaped.
I still remember the name Africa and Efe.Rest in peace to the dead.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by fidelity09: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
dt was when cultisim came to an end in ife..........we will forever miss d fallen iroko's........
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Jarus(m): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

Afam with his usual parochial STUPIDI.TY! What is losing steam? When did OAU lose steam? Well, how can you far away in your remote village know more than us who actually schooled in Ife and still had Congress @ Amphi? Your low-lifeness is so DISGUSTING! angry angry angry angry

You dont need this.

2 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by AbuMikey(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
tunjislim: ,,,,,,,do u expect gunshot to kill a person like africa,,,he was axed and machetted in his rm,,,there was a blackout during the operation,,,i even have the video clip and the pictures with me.i rep great ife07/08set
kimdly post it here bro!

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dayokanu(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Gunzilla: [b][/b]"Back then, oau was the base for most cult groups"...Bloody Lie!!

I have been seeing this lie perpetuated

Ife has always been anti cult and one of the most peaceful Universities in Southern Nigeria even before 1999

2 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by sexkilzaphull: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jarus:

You dont need this.

I made a change already but I find it annoying that he talks as though he had a clue about Ife. How can he utter such crap when people even after US, Ife is still the top university by a long shot? No offence, but he annoyed me with his comment! When and how did Ife lose steam?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dolphinife: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
I can say it with every form of modesty that OAU is the onyl university in Nigeria, apparently government owned university that is CULT-FREE. OAU is the only university in Nigeria up to this present moment that every students is a stakeholder in maintaining peace and order in the campus.

Countless times without numbers that the SECURITY COMMITTEE OF THE STUDENT UNION went to arrest cultists even outside the campus and i was a member then.

OAU is the only university in Nigeria that gives you the liberty to express yourself without anybody intimidating you or forcing you to coercion. Throughout my 4 years studies in OAU, i have never heard that a cultist killed or kidnap any students. That's the kind of fresh breeze we have up til date in OAU.

se.xkilza.phull:

Afam with STUPIDI.TY! What is losing steam? When did OAU lose steam? Well, how can you far away in your remote village know more than us who actually schooled in Ife and still had Congress @ Amphi? Your low-lifeness is so DISGUSTING! angry angry angry angry
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by tpia5: 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
Gunzilla: Mr Dolphinelife...i dont know where you got your tales by moonlight stories about Ife being the headquaters of cultism prior to 1999 o...Thats the farthest from the truth..Ife had always being peaceful post Carl's SUG days(Doubt if anyone even knows who Carl is on this thread sef) and there was virtually no Cult action in the School until the SUG heard some boys had a gun on campus and went arrest them in the Staff Quaters..Thats waht triggered the whole attack in Awo Hall that night..

there are too many accomplished liars and spreaders of misinformation on nl. eg afam4ever, who can lie like its his birthright.

i think i've had a run in with this dolphinife before, over his habit of spreading misinformation and blatant lies.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by sexkilzaphull: 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
dolphinife: I can say it with every form of modesty that OAU is the onyl university in Nigeria, apparently government owned university that is CULT-FREE. OAU is the only university in Nigeria up to this present moment that every students is a stakeholder in maintaining peace and order in the campus.

Countless times without numbers that the SECURITY COMMITTEE OF THE STUDENT UNION went to arrest cultists even outside the campus and i was a member then.

OAU is the only university in Nigeria that gives you the liberty to express yourself without anybody intimidating you or forcing you to coercion. Throughout my 4 years studies in OAU, i have never heard that a cultist killed or kidnap any students. That's the kind of fresh breeze we have up til date in OAU.

Thank you guy! This is why it is annoying! Tell me which schools in Nigeria you will walk from Awo to Health Sciences/Pharmacy/BOO 'C' at 12, am, 1 am, ... 3 am by yourself and nothing will happen, even when there is no light? That is about 20 - 30 minutes at dark hours! All the way to Ajose? Ife never towed that boy-boy, follow-follow attitude of a lot of Nigerian schools then and today!
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Jarus(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Tolexander: you are right bro!

Ife life (for guys) is sectioned between Faj Hall and Awo hall.
And the typical awo guy will never like the faj life and vice versa

In my final year, I was alloted room 31, Faj. I sold it shap shap and go buy space for Awo, where I had stayed from year 1-3.

I only slept in Faj for one night(with a friend during vacation period) and one night at PG (with another friend during break when school was dry) throughout my Ife years. Awo thru and thru.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Jarus(m): 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

Thank you guy! This is why it is annoying! Tell me which schools in Nigeria you will walk from Awo to Health Sciences/Pharmacy/BOO 'C' at 12, am, 1 am, ... 3 am by yourself and nothing will happen, even when there is no light? That is about 20 - 30 minutes at dark hours! All the way to Ajose? Ife never towed that boy-boy, follow-follow attitude of a lot of Nigerian schools then and today!

Sometimes, by 2.am, I will wake up and head to Agric to read, from Awo.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dayokanu(m): 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
Gunzilla: Mr Dolphinelife...i dont know where you got your tales by moonlight stories about Ife being the headquaters of cultism prior to 1999 o...Thats the farthest from the truth..Ife had always being peaceful post Carl's SUG days(Doubt if anyone even knows who Carl is on this thread sef) and there was virtually no Cult action in the School until the SUG heard some boys had a gun on campus and went arrest them in the Staff Quaters..Thats waht triggered the whole attack in Awo Hall that night..

Thats the name I have been trying to remember

Carl Azudibia SUG guy (early 90's) who went to bring cultist to the school to fight for him

The 1999 saga was due to Africa going to arrest some foreign cult guys who came into OAU in March 1999
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by kehinde1588(m): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
Dnt have anytin to contribute dan to say "rest in perfect peace to d great heroes of O.A.U
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dayokanu(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jarus:

Sometimes, by 2.am, I will wake up and head to Agric to read, from Awo.

Jarussiii

Na you dey go do Kerewa with those Alhajas in Agric and Ajose basement?

God knows your facebook ID o
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Jarus(m): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
dolphinife:
OAU is the only university in Nigeria that gives you the liberty to express yourself without anybody intimidating you or forcing you to coercion.

This reminds me of my NYSC year.

In OAU, I will write strong articles criticizing HOD, VC and even President Obasanjo, and publish on campus press outfits and national newspapers(for national articles) and nothing will happen, despite having my name, dept and level on teh articles (no pseudonym.

Omho, when I reached Sokoto for my NYSC after graduation, I wrote an article criticizing state governor (Sun newspaper, August 17, 2007), thinking I was still in Ife. I served extension because of that. Freedom of expression probably ended in Ife.

3 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by hardigsbaba(m): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
REST ON AFRIKA

11 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by sexkilzaphull: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jarus:

In my final year, I was alloted room 31, Faj. I sold it shap shap and go buy space for Awo, where I had stayed from year 1-3.

I only slept in Faj for one night(with a friend during vacation period) and one night at PG (with another friend during break when school was dry) throughout my Ife years. Awo thru and thru.

I never liked Faj, honestly. I studied sometimes at Faj Cafe. Awo, is the most rugged, goddamned place anyone could live in Ife man! grin grin Omo, come see debate inside rooms from evening till early morning! Serious intellectual arguments and counter-argument with everyone so fired-up and feisty about their points of view! I lived in Block 2 but man I no too like that place! Aro Center! grin grin grin Block 2 Vs Block 3! Luckily my big brother started his LL. M in Ife and had a place at PG with his other friend, and they only came around for a few days in a week / month! I just port to a quieter, easier life I no fit shout! grin grin grin I never left PG until I graduated man!

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Trecixnine(m): 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mmmm, the memory is still very clear in my head. I remember a friend's comment when Africa was being commited to mother earth in his home town (Iwo) then. He said ' isinku Africa je ki iku o wu mi ku' meaning "Africa's burial makes me wanna die'!
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dayokanu(m): 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jarus:

This reminds me of my NYSC year.

In OAU, I will write strong articles criticizing HOD, VC and even President Obasanjo, and publish on campus press outfits and national newspapers(for national articles) and nothing will happen, despite having my name, dept and level on teh articles (no pseudonym.

Omho, when I reached Sokoto for my NYSC after graduation, I wrote an article criticizing state governor (Sun newspaper, August 17, 2007), thinking I was still in Ife. I served extension because of that. Freedom of expression probably ended in Ife.

I used to write Sport columns for Megaphone too. The oard under Humanities block 1 or 3(Close to Senate)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

If You Can Solve This Maths, A Financial Institution Should Employ You. / Colonialism, Positive Or Negative Influences? / Cultist Clash: 9 Students Shot Dead In Abia State University (ABSU)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.