Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,398 members, 7,864,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

Every Nigerians Must Read This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Nigerians Must Read This (924 Views)

Why Nigerians Must Reject The Second Coming Of Buhari By Femi Aribisala / Omg! Father Mbaka, Buhari And All Nigerians Must Hear This / A Must Watch For Every Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Nigerians Must Read This by courage89(m): 6:01am On Jun 19, 2008
EFCC Chair Confirmation: How the Senate Sealed the Deal with Farida Waziri's sponsors
http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=626

AFC Scandal: CBN Governor Charles Soludo Prepares to Buy Powerful Allies, as Probe Panel Unearths New Shady Details
http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=629

An early sign of Farida Waziri's EFCC: Ibori’s Runaway Front man, Henry Imasekha, Returns to Nigeria
http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=627

Could all these information and allegations be accurate and true? Let’s say these allegations are 50% true that means Nigeria still has a long way to go. I think its about time we call for a new independence. We’re taking one foot in the right direction, and later back it up with 200 foot in the wrong direction. Appointing Ribadu to fight corruption, and when the man is too good at his job, we castrate him and call for his removal. Imagine our leaders advocating for millennium goal; canvassing and pushing Nigeria to be one of the best nations in the world by 2020. How is this going to be possible if we can not fight corruption properly? When our government cannot even probe specific sector properly… they publish facades of lies, deceptive image of the economy. I wouldn’t be surprise if nothing comes out of the ongoing power probe. I guess it is expected that their decision will be compromised; anyway, I guess it is up to our senator’s to prove otherwise.

Our government can’t make strict rules and enforce them. We passed a law forcing most of these oil coys to hire certain percentage of Nigerians rather than bringing in expatriates from their countries, we passed laws to bar or reduce gas flaring. These companies don’t comply with our laws because they know our governments are too scared of loosing those royalties they derived from them. If we keep juggling between bad policies, lacking transparency in everything we do couple with integrity and some other issues. We will never be in the top economy by 2020.

When are we ever going to get it right? When are our leaders going to stand up and fight for the future of this country; invest in the future our youths by capitalizing on their mind… accelerate the growth of the economy by improving our educational systems. I guess most of these leaders believe that by setting up or push for good educational system within the country…, their kids that was sent oversees for better education will find it difficult to compete for the position they didn’t have to work for (or they didn’t qualify for but got easily). I guess the time when everything we do, we do for the glory of the country passed a long time ago. Now, it’s all about me and my family, steal so that my family don’t have to suffer after I’m gone. Can we ever revive those moments, those days when the Patriotic African leaders (Nigerians leaders in particular) care about the welfare of the people who vote them into power. Major infrastructures are in shambles; no pipe borne water, no stable electricity, health care system is a disgrace to the economy (imagine a whole president of Nigeria being flown out of the country for medical care, while this could have been done here at home) all our roads are in total chaos. In every annual budget; we hear about provision for all these sectors. Where are all the money allocated for these sectors? I echoed every citizen need for change in Nigeria. The question is how can we drive and effect change with all these corrupt officials left and right? How can we make sure our elected officials are held accountable for their actions? How can we make sure our elected officials deliver all those frivolous political promise that they made during their campaign? How can we make sure our leading senators and congressmen and women ratify certain laws for the benefit of all mankind and oppose those laws that will put us in trouble later on?

I understand that we cannot live everything unto the governments hand; we as citizen have specific roles that we need to play in order to alleviate poverty, create awareness on how to stem illiteracy, improve on security within our area, encourage private corporations within our area to modify our surroundings.
Ask yourself a question, as a citizen, what can you do to contribute your own quota to the economy? What are the factors plaguing your community and what needs to be done to effect changes? I believe if we can come up with a problem and a solution… extend this to some of our community leaders for review. This will go a long way. From there, that person might know somebody who know somebody. Together, we can make this country great again.
Re: Every Nigerians Must Read This by superman(m): 6:11am On Jun 19, 2008
lets see what the ha analist make of this one, maybe they spend most of their time in the most handsome white man on the planet. meaa we got huge problem!!

there you have it !! they think this superman is stupid hmm hahha

white man ass lickers!! to hell with there democrazzy. now you see why the Chinese will always fly high. Nigeria need a strong hand, we cannot continue like this u know. We need to borrow Putin styl here

next you hear is the rule of law damn these monkies na wa oo
Re: Every Nigerians Must Read This by abdurrazaq(m): 9:49am On Jun 19, 2008
@courage89, nice write-up you have there.
The problems with Nigeria are inter-woven. We have neglected some things we use to do in the past that make Nigeria a better place then than now.
I will always say these, let those with functioning ears hear and use it.

1. Get education for yourself.
2. Try everything within your limit to educate your child/children.
3. Don't deny your child/children their history.

Don't be surprise I'm concentrating more on children it's because they are the future of this country. And I believe correcting our errors from the beginning (children) will be the best approach. I don't know how someone like me with no political power can influence the choice of Waziri as EFCC head.

I believe the beginning of the end for EFCC was the end of OBJ tenure
Re: Every Nigerians Must Read This by redsun(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2008
I think nigeria should introduce shango and amadioha oath taking among public holders,from politicians down to contractors,people are more scared of those primitive justice than this limbo age we are caught in,in the name of democracy and oyinbos and arabs religion.

Psychologically,they are more effective in checks and balances,people are not mentally advanced enough for self willed responsibilities and accountabilities to others.

Primitive problems requires primitive solutions.
Re: Every Nigerians Must Read This by landis(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2008
I think nigeria should introduce shango and amadioha oath taking among public holders,from politicians down to contractors,people are more scared of those primitive justice than this limbo age we are caught in,in the name of democracy and oyinbos and arabs religion.

Good words but you spoit it by WORD primitive.

Dont always allow outside to define you. And never trust outside.

We should look in-wards and modify our system to suit our needs.

British in the 40s outlaw 'Ogogoro' since it locally produced and instead they started selling us their 'dry-gin'.

Some of us may remember the days Tai Solarin who challenged the Colonial Authority to arrest him for openly displaying ogogoro or apetesi. Foreign alcohol was the legal drink of those days. Even religious preacher had their own stock in their closets, after service of course! If I remember my Things fall Apart well, Okonkwo grabbed his horn and decided to attend service when he heard that alcohol was served during communion. The pride was about which country the drink was made and how “reputable”.
Re: Every Nigerians Must Read This by redsun(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2008
Yes,the word primitive is wrong,rather i will say,indiginous.But our present leadership is beyond primitive,infact there is no word for it,self destruction,even the neanderthals could have done better given the oppurtunities.
Re: Every Nigerians Must Read This by Femtex(m): 3:32am On Jun 22, 2008
courage89:

EFCC Chair Confirmation: How the Senate Sealed the Deal with Farida Waziri's sponsors
http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=626

AFC Scandal: CBN Governor Charles Soludo Prepares to Buy Powerful Allies, as Probe Panel Unearths New Shady Details
http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=629

An early sign of Farida Waziri's EFCC: Ibori’s Runaway Front man, Henry Imasekha, Returns to Nigeria
http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=627

Only in Nigeria

Can we ever change?

(1) (Reply)

Computer Village May Move To Kotangowa Market / Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration / Compare North&Suffering Yorubaland.Only Bastard1 Yorubaman do not want to leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.