Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,438 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Wole Soyinka:first Lady Patience Jonathan Is A Mere Domestic Appendage Of Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka:first Lady Patience Jonathan Is A Mere Domestic Appendage Of Power (2089 Views)

Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / Photo : See Train Named After First Lady Patience Jonathan / Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka:first Lady Patience Jonathan Is A Mere Domestic Appendage Of Power by jjcbuthot: 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
Nigeria's foremost human rights activists Professor Wole Soyinka and Femi Falana, SAN, today came down heavily on President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Patience describing the first lady in particular as a " mere domestic appending of power.

Professor Soyinka and Falana came down hard on the President for engineering the chaos besetting the Rivers State House of Assembly. The professor condemned the role of Mt. Jonathan and his wife saying the wife has been using the security apparatus of state to intimidate the governor of the state, Rotimi Amaechi.

The duo also called on the police hierarchy to remove and prosecute the commissioner of police in Rivers state, Joseph Mbu.

An infuriated Soyinka also asked the media to stop paying attention to the so-called newly elected speaker of Rivers state, Evans Bipi describing him as a clown.

http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-wole-soyinka-says-first-lady-patience-jonathan-mere-domestic-appendage-power

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka:first Lady Patience Jonathan Is A Mere Domestic Appendage Of Power by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
WORD!!!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka:first Lady Patience Jonathan Is A Mere Domestic Appendage Of Power by vokalguy(m): 9:53pm On Jul 11, 2013
That illiterate of a first lady is a joke... Of all the first ladies I have known since I was born, she gets the title of 'WORST First Lady'

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka:first Lady Patience Jonathan Is A Mere Domestic Appendage Of Power by Welrez(m): 7:54am On Jul 14, 2013
What amazed me more was when she called Wole Soyinka an 'embarrassment'.Who lent her that word?This lady wants to be flayed alive.What more can I say than that power corrupts and the absolute type,which seems to enjoy,corrupts absolutely.Age is revered and the wintry hair haloed with achievements should be more revered.Hold your tongue,Mrs Malaprop.I believe she talks to her husband in this manner at home.

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Introduces Free Transportation Scheme / Niger-delta People Apologises To The Good People Of Nigeria. / Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.