Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... (2084 Views)

Mom Was Filming Her Baby Playing. Sees Something Scary In The Background [PICS] / The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) / [scary Graphic Photos]woman With Maggots Growing In Her VAGINA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2013
I posted a thread some days ago about how I felt...(Romance section)...

Some understood what I met, while some did not...I posted my new e-mail there to get the pm's I saw on the old e-mail...

I got a lot of mails and a lot of gists from people....(It was obvious people thought I was man-hunting)

Although I know everyone can't be intelligent but I still expect more from us (nigerians)...I'm not a prefect being but I work to be a better person everyday..

I've been a member of nairaland for a while( both as a guest and a member),it's really a great place to be..there's the good, the bad and the crazy....

Someone was requesting for a 'favour' on my last thread...It might have been a joke or for fun, it might be also real...But I have a strict 'vegas' rule for my online associations (especially after the cynthia osokogu's era).....I never wanted to give a wrong signal by thaat post( but some people would always find out a way to interprete issues)..

Now, due to ASUU strike and I've also written my final exam, I'm now a regular viewer of the family section(I love it b'cos I'm a single lady with the hopes of having my family someday and I learn a lot from here)...

To cut the story short, I just found out thaat the same person asking for the "favour" is Married...

And here I was thinking if the stories I read about here are true...

Maybe he was joking, maybe the He is a SHE dat was trying to test me if I'm a willd girl, maybe he thought I was the perfect catch, maaybe another 'Cynthia Osokogu' was aabout to happen...yes, there are a lot of "Maybe's"...

No matter how we portray ourselves b'cos nairaland is a faceless process....we can never lie to 'WE', b'cos We are who we are...

No matter how people may act here, I'll forever believe that GOOD people are here, good ideas are here, good views are here and good leaders will be made here....

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 12, 2013
BraideBraide: I posted a thread some days ago about how I felt...(Romance section)...

Some understood what I meant, while some did not...I posted my new e-mail there to get the pm's I saw on the old e-mail...

I got a lot of mails and a lot of gists from people....(It was obvious people thought I was man-hunting)

Although I know everyone can't be intelligent but I still expect more from us (nigerians)...I'm not a perfect being but I work to be a better person everyday..

I've been a member of nairaland for a while( both as a guest and a member),it's really a great place to be..there's the good, the bad and the crazy....

Someone was requesting for a 'favour' on my last thread...It might have been a joke or for fun, it might be also real...But I have a strict 'vegas' rule for my online associations (especially after the cynthia osokogu's era).....I never wanted to give a wrong signal by thaat post( but some people would always find out a way to interprete issues)..

Now, due to ASUU strike and I've also written my final exam, I'm now a regular viewer of the family section(I love it b'cos I'm a single lady with the hopes of having my family someday and I learn a lot from here)...

To cut the story short, I just found out thaat the same person asking for the "favour" is Married...

And here I was thinking if the stories I read about here are true...

Maybe he was joking, maybe the He is a SHE dat was trying to test me if I'm a wild girl, maybe he thought I was the perfect catch, maaybe another 'Cynthia Osokogu' was aabout to happen...yes, there are a lot of "Maybe's"...

No matter how we portray ourselves b'cos nairaland is a faceless process....we can never lie to 'WE', b'cos We are who we are...

No matter how people may act here, I'll forever believe that GOOD people are here, good ideas are here, good views are here and good leaders will be made here....

Thank you
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by biolabee(m): 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
MORE!...... spill the beans
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
@OP, going by what you've posted, I still don't see what makes nland such a scary place as your title states.

You say it's scary, yet your last paragraph seems to praise nland and nlanders? So what's the scary bit, if you don't mind my asking?

I think it would be helpful if you could give us a bit more information on what it is you want / seek? Did you find what you wanted in the Romance Section?
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by baby124: 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Omo my ear full ground. it seems like you had a bad experience. I am listening o jare. Tell aunty baby all of it...
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123: Omo my ear full ground. it seems like you had a bad experience. I am listening o jare. Tell aunty baby all of it...

Madame kiss kiss

Abeg, have you heard from Airfare/Oluface? Not seen any updates from him. Hope all's going well sha and he's turning things around for the better...
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by baby124: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Madame kiss kiss

Abeg, have you heard from Airfare/Oluface? Not seen any updates from him. Hope all's going well sha and he's turning things around for the better...

No i havent. He said 2 months. I hope all is well with him. kiss kiss kiss. How you dey? You see how they tried to finish your moniker. hehehehe. na wa o. All the viciousness on top what now.
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
Two months? Okay, that's good. It'll give him time to decide on what direction he wants to move.

Lol! Re: finishing my moniker! Na today? I be celebrity na. Don't really give a rat's a$$. Important thing is I've given my opinion and walked off jare. If dem wan kill themselves vying for Efe's attention, then they're onto a long thing jare. But thanks for your support sis kiss kiss
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by baby124: 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
Efemena_xy: Two months? Okay, that's good. It'll give him time to decide on what direction he wants to move.

Lol! Re: finishing my moniker! Na today? I be celebrity na. Don't really give a rat's a$$. Important thing is I've given my opinion and walked off jare. If dem wan kill themselves vying for Efe's attention, then they're onto a long thing jare. But thanks for your support sis kiss kiss

I just thought it was strange. I have had it happen to me in politics section, and i no dey gree for all those men. But i have never seen it so vicious and on going for over 5pages. Men, some women na wa o. So much wahala. LOL. I wonder how they function during the day. grin grin grin
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
^^ It goes with the territory baby.

Some like your opinions, others don't. Like I said, I don't sweat it. Na faceless, online forum at the end of the day. I can't help it if lesbian bi.tc.hes adopting a thousand and one monikers have got the hots for my style. I just don't dig them jare.
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by baby124: 10:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ It goes with the territory baby.

Some like your opinions, others don't. Like I said, I don't sweat it. Na faceless, online forum at the end of the day smiley

I guess. I mean you can disagree respectfully. but not to the point of vicious insults. Its crazy. Take online stuff that serious? Must not have much of a life. grin
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:

I guess. I mean you can disagree respectfully. but not to the point of vicious insults. Its crazy. Take online stuff that serious? Must not have much of a life. grin

Spot on.

This says it all: https://www.nairaland.com/1156158/there-such-thing-early-life

The first page alone tells you all you need to know about the character's unstable mental state. So don't sweat it babes, it ain't worth it. kiss kiss
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by baby124: 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Spot on.

This says it all: https://www.nairaland.com/1156158/there-such-thing-early-life

The first page alone tells you all you need to know about the character's unstable mental state. So don't sweat it babes, it ain't worth it. kiss kiss

OMG!!! I feel bad now. I hope i dont push someone to wahala o. Chei, my mouth. E no go puttu me for trouble. WOW. shocked shocked shocked so i was right on with that. I just felt it was odd and strange. i guess people come here to let out whatever problems they have on others. O ma ga o. I feel bad now that i said those things. I dont want to be the cause of another person's health problems. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
Lol! Na today? grin grin grin

Abeg forget jare, more important things dey ground for here.

Make person go find better thread. Not seen anything really inspiring of late... lipsrsealed
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by baby124: 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
Efemena_xy: Lol! Na today? grin grin grin

Abeg forget jare, more important things dey ground for here.

Make person go find better thread. Not seen anything really inspiring of late... lipsrsealed

I am on a break to Politics. I cant handle all this bit*ching jare, and fragile people. Where are my politics boys. the guys that will yab you, you start laughing at yourself. Chei...

*runs away*
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
Come, take your time o!

Where you wan run go? Just make sure you keep one leg here in the Family Section jare. We never give you permission to abscond...

Chei! @OP, sorry for derailing your thread. No, actually, I think we're on topic here... cheesy
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 13, 2013
No probs....

Maybe I did not use the right word, I don't mean it's a terrible place...

I actually noticed that the romance ssection has more viewers than others.

When I had the supervisorss issue, I posted it on the education section and I got litte or no reply but when I took it to the romance section it was moved to the frontpage...

I was juust shocked by evrythingm.m
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2013
I love the politics section but the inssults are overwhelming there, I keep mute most times...
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2013
BraideBraide: No probs....

Maybe I did not use the right word, I don't mean it's a terrible place...

I actually noticed that the romance ssection has more viewers than others.

When I had the supervisorss issue, I posted it on the education section and I got litte or no reply but when I took it to the romance section it was moved to the frontpage...

I was juust shocked by evrything

That's because majority of the responses you got there were from inexperienced and immature kids. Perhaps you might want to repost that issue of yours here (but with a slightly different heading so your thread won't be closed down for being a duplicate of the previous one)?

Next time you have a sensitive topic you wish to share / unburden your heart of, try posting it here in the family section first AND request that it shouldn't be moved to the front page. The moderators here are kind and understanding, and I'm sure they'll comply with your request.

Take heart dear. It is well. smiley kiss
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Princesszoe: 7:39am On Jul 13, 2013
Op you are right. One does not know the real person he or she is talking to. We have different sets of people in this nairaland especially the immoral and harmful ones. People should be careful especially the ladies , except if the lady understands the game she is playing very well.
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 13, 2013
@chaircover, please read it again.

@princesss zoe, it's not about kknowing the game....the people that prey on girlss/boys...what if it was their sister, brother or even daughter...I believe nairaland has over 1million members u can neveR telll if your family member will fall a victim....I get uur point though but I'm just scared b'cos of this online mmadnessm..*and some girls are just naivem..
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 13, 2013
I don't get what you're trying to say exactly but let's assume I have an idea.
With that your thread that you opened on the romance section, what exactly did you expect?
Did you think everybody on here are saints? Is this not supposed to be a reflection of what happens in real life?
You came on here to say you don't have friends, you're lonely, you're tired of being single, all your friends are gone, you go on dates alone and all that, you went ahead to drop your e-mail because the mail attached to your account isn't working and then you start quoting cynthia's case. I am not a man but I saw a bit of that might be what you wanted from your post. Now, if anybody made such advances and that wasn't your intentions, it's left for you to carefully explain that. But from your thread, there was an indication of you wanted something of such. About the married/not married, some people lie about their marital status here. Even if he's married, married guys hit on single ladies in the real world, don't they? So, why crying foul?

My point: You opened yourself up to whatever you get, it's left for you to deal with it!, Infact, i'll say if that wasn't your real intention, then, you're the naivest nairalander of the year. tongue SHIKENA!

NOTE: i'm not always that harsh, if that sounded harsh, i didn't mean to offend you, was just trying to say it the way it is. kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by donchris999: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2013
You have said it all. She is even making her post vague, so, we wont understand her intentions of opening this thread. She must have found out that the man she finally got when she advertised herself is married. Na wa oo! And maybe the man don chop am dump am self.
alutacontinua: I don't get what you're trying to say exactly but let's assume I have an idea.
With that your thread that you opened on the romance section, what exactly did you expect?
Did you think everybody on here are saints? Is this not supposed to be a reflection of what happens in real life?
You came on here to say you don't have friends, you're lonely, you're tired of being single, all your friends are gone, you go on dates alone and all that, you went ahead to drop your e-mail because the mail attached to your account isn't working and then you start quoting cynthia's case. I am not a man but I saw a bit of that might be what you wanted from your post. Now, if anybody made such advances and that wasn't your intentions, it's left for you to carefully explain that. But from your thread, there was an indication of you wanted something of such. About the married/not married, some people lie about their marital status here. Even if he's married, married guys hit on single ladies in the real world, don't they? So, why crying foul?

My point: You opened yourself up to whatever you get, it's left for you to deal with it!, Infact, i'll say if that wasn't your real intention, then, you're the naivest nairalander of the year. tongue SHIKENA!

NOTE: i'm not always that harsh, if that sounded harsh, i didn't mean to offend you, was just trying to say it the way it is. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by biolabee(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2013
Effing A+

So naïve and sounds wishy washy

Just like one poster some months back saying a married man was disturbing her and could not follow through when called to name and shame

Most likely she was the one even disturbing the guy for recharge cards and bb

Crappists

alutacontinua: I don't get what you're trying to say exactly but let's assume I have an idea.

Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
Okkayyyy...when I opened this thread I never meant ffor all to agree with me...I love nairaland for all the different views u get here...

Yess, maaybe I'm a naïve nairalander

I sent the other e-mail b'cos there's this big red sign that with the number of maail that keeps increasing, someone instructed me on how to change but It could not change, now I know better...

If u understand my post well, I'm not complaining...I'm just obseving and stating a fact...I went through a lot while growing up, the bad exxperiences I had were lessons, I still leaarn everyday..

Now, most girls were not so lucky...we read about stories everyday,"cyynthia osokogu did not survive",the absu/2go gang rape, the girl that was buried alive at bonny,etc...you ssee manyy nude pictures of girls thaat are being put online everyday...

I have a strict 'vegas' rule about my online activities...bbut I waas thinking about the teens in my church, the teens in my estate, I have cousins...they all have phones that can browse now and most of them are still naïve.....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not stopping any married guy from asking anyone out but he should also remember he has or would have a daughter..

Nairaland has 1million members out here, you don't know how many teenagers are ouut here, our words aare either building or destroying someone's life...
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
@aalutacontinua

If u read through the old post again, you'll see that I made it aall clear that I'm not manhunting...I was confused about the pm stuff but I know better now....

A lot of things haappen everyyday, I know the world iss not a perfect place but should I keep quiet when I can help someone out...

What if it had been another girl who was naïve and fell ffor all the cheap talk.....

It touched me b'cos I have a young girl in my church that made reference to what she read on nairaland sometime...

I was aable to correct her where I could but what of those that have no-one...-m not trying to change the world but if I can touch the heart of one, I'll be happy..
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
BraideBraide: Okkayyyy...when I opened this thread I never meant ffor all to agree with me...I love nairaland for all the different views u get here...

Yess, maaybe I'm a naïve nairalander

I sent the other e-mail b'cos there's this big red sign that with the number of maail that keeps increasing, someone instructed me on how to change but It could not change, now I know better...

If u understand my post well, I'm not complaining...I'm just obseving and stating a fact...I went through a lot while growing up, the bad exxperiences I had were lessons, I still leaarn everyday..

Now, most girls were not so lucky...we read about stories everyday,"cyynthia osokogu did not survive",the absu/2go gang rape, the girl that was buried alive at bonny,etc...you ssee manyy nude pictures of girls thaat are being put online everyday...

I have a strict 'vegas' rule about my online activities...bbut I waas thinking about the teens in my church, the teens in my estate, I have cousins...they all have phones that can browse now and most of them are still naïve.....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not stopping any married guy from asking anyone out but he should also remember he has or would have a daughter..

Nairaland has 1million members out here, you don't know how many teenagers are ouut here, our words aare either building or destroying someone's life...

If you're getting a lot of unsolicited emails, then change your email address dear.

And learn from this. NEVER EVER give out your personal details / information online. Be smart, suspicious and very untrusting. A girl can't be too careful these days.

It is well.
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by baby124: 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
Can you please complete this jist by dropping hints on the name. I know this is a vent thread. grin
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
baby_123: Can you please complete this jist by dropping hints on the name. I know this is a vent thread. grin

??

I thought she was referring to stuff that happened outside of nland? Her place of work?
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by baby124: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Efemena_xy:

??

I thought she was referring to stuff that happened outside of nland? Her place of work?
She said she met the guy on NL. She's quite vague about the whole gist. I want to read correct gist.
Re: Wow!!! Nairaland Is A Scary Place... by EfemenaXY: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
From her profile, she is quite new here, so let's not be too hard on her.

She'll learn the ropes with time. Important thing is for her not to trust anybody and to keep her personal details safe, as I've already told her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

off / Her Husband Is About To Be Made A King, She Is Scared Of Polygyny,pls Advice / Between Polygamy And Gayism, Which Would You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.