Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68202 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:49am On Jul 14, 2013
antiembezzle: you yorubas are known for idolisation and idol worship, witchcraft, socery name it. You worship stones (ogun), coconut(ifa), lizards, plates, spoons etc and now you ve just made wole soyinka one of your newest gods. To we that doesn't count, WS is just a fetish hypocrite who walks about bare foot, unkempt hair and beards, the old hag needs to get a life for real, who the hell is he to keep raining insults on the president's wife. Is it because wole is not legally married that he is abusing another man's wife? How much does he recieve as freebies from apc that is driving him mad at his old age, this should have gone on a thorough research before making his inane assertions public.

STFU! LORD OGUN IS NOT A STONE AND IFA IS NOT A COCONUT! JACKA$$! angry

so what atleast they are not slaves like you who have abandoned your ancestors beliefs to worhip JEWISH DOGS! angry

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2013
Koffiman:
shut up! Who knows him outside naija. Even children of foreign countries dont read his books in their schools and homes. Foreign universities dont study or read his kind of african literature. So, he shud try and safeguard the honor and respect Nigerians have for him by putting his mouth and ego in check.

Ignorant. he and Chinua Achebe are both well-known outside Nigeria. Their works are studied in school textbooks in foreign countries. I bear witness to that. I've seen it.

and Prof. WOle Soyinka won the Noble PRize. what greater distinction than that?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by agamenon(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2013
The Pirate icon should no that he has outlived his usefulness,he also should no that his nobel lauret is also a pirate award,so he should stop insulting our mummy because we all are updated on how he contributed to the disorientation of our youths years ago.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2013
agamenon: The Pirate icon should no that he has outlived his usefulness,he also should no that his nobel lauret is also a pirate award,so he should stop insulting our mummy because we all are updated on how he contributed to the disorientation of our youths years ago.
Lmaooo no greater evidence than the bolded that youre an illiterate loser like ur "Mummy".

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by seanchai555: 10:13am On Jul 14, 2013
PEJ should have respect at least
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ceejayluv(m): 10:36am On Jul 14, 2013
Billionaires: Wole Soyinka of Pyrates Confraternity, he founded a cult that is responsible for murdering of thousands of Nigerian students.
You start a social club and it gets hijacked by hoodlums. How does that make you responsible for all the killings??

Billionaires:
Wole Soyinka worships Sango! How can you say you are educated but you worship idols ? It shows that Wole Soyinka is just a grammarian but not truly educated.
slowpoke!! Soyinka is a humanist and open-minded. Besides, what has education gotta do with religion? in your view, what religion must "educated" people adhere to?

Billionaires:
Wole Soyinka, worked for the military junta, and is guilty of giving the military legitimacy.
You're clearly demented.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 14, 2013
There is no doubt PEJ excesses needs to be checked ASAP lest we have another self acclaimed 'godmother' in naija politics terrorizing our psyche and rights. However WS shouldnt have made categorical statements on a volatile issue as the rivers house assembly/politics lest he loses his highly respected status as human right crusader and be seen as biased.

He should speak out as a statesman condemning all evils bedevilling our society and work to make amends in order for us to have a better society but he shouldn't allow his good name and person be dragged by politicians into thier macabre 'gelede' dance.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by princewoles: 10:54am On Jul 14, 2013
take dat: Who cares what an hardly literate, grossly insensitive and a corrupt beyond belief woman, whom I am sure is unable to grasp the consequences of her meddling has to say. Like the Prof said, be a lady before being a first lady. cheesy

Clannish sycophants, hired hands and trash talking tools have invaded this thread trying to whitewash the image of our hippo first lady. grin
I beg, better explain yourself distinctly. Not all are grammarian.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kolado(m): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2013
agamenon: The Pirate icon should no that he has outlived his usefulness,he also should no that his nobel lauret is also a pirate award,so he should stop insulting our mummy because we all are updated on how he contributed to the disorientation of our youths years ago.
Are you so dull that you could not spell correctly know and laureate let alone write good english? In fact you're typical PEJ. you reek of otuoke schooling and so so shallow in thinking to have called that castrated pig our mummy.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by blocker: 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Where were you...yes you I am talking to you Dame Patience. Where were you when Prof Wole Soyinka and Co where fighting Abacha for Democracy. The Democracy you and your husband are now enjoying at the expense of millions. Let me not catch you in 2015 contesting for Aso Rock. Dame my foot. Mtchooeeeeeeee! angry
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bellamy27: 1:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
soyinka is right.patience and amaechi hv been sworn enemies when amaechi dimantle some structures in okrika,patience country home.his ambition 2 be vice president 2 jigawa state,sule lamido is another reason
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Olush1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Who is this Patience sef? What has she achieved, apart from being an accidental first lad[url][/url]yd?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by eaglechild: 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Mouth shot ?

Or Mouth shut. . . . . .

I'm sure you must be the best educated in your generation. Mo'r'on,stop writing stupidly !
I actually meant shot. Past tense of shoot.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ACM10: 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Tell us your stand, was the spokeman of Patience Jonathan right for attacking the person of Wole Soyinka rather than the issue the prof raised?

Was emperor Soyinka right to call PEJ "a mere domestic appendage?"

Ola Johnson:
WS spoke against what Turai Yar'adua did. He was part of the SNG that called for GEJ to be made the acting President.
Meanwhile, how far have you gone on the book I asked you to get?

Ola Johnson:
How old are you? I asked because you once told a member of this forum that you're married. You keep on saying things that are not relevant. WS never graduated with a third class. And if he did, is it not obvious it is far better than today's first class?

This comment does not deserve my response.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2013
ACM10:

Was emperor Soyinka right to call PEJ "a mere domestic appendage?"

Who is PEJ by d way to poknose in political matters? Wats her stuff? Where is she coming from withou' a rope on d neck ,man?......
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 15, 2013
agamenon: The Pirate icon ......he also should no that his nobel lauret is also a pirate award,so he should stop insulting our mummy ......
if you dont want WS to insult PEJ, then tell her to STOP insulting the office of the First Lady. SHIKENA..

....and sorry, your ENGRISH of "know" as "no" too is insulting me too .lol grin
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by agamenon(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2013
[quote author=“History remember kings not soldiers”Agamenon SAVAGE.,you want to protect your fellow oil soup man.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by agamenon(m): 9:31am On Jul 15, 2013
Good for nothing savage,Oil soup man.You are just like your ancestors who are known for saying one thing and doing another thing.Sucide candidate
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Mustay(m): 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
Some responsible people have been able to separate facts from sentiments on this thread. Attacking an individual because his or her opinion is in contrast to yours is an obvious weakness. Similarly, diverting the attention away from the main issue is another survival tactic.

There's a part I find interesting in the statement:

“It’s an embarrassment to his throng of admirers and followers, that a sage of
Prof. Soyinka’s status, who used to be a gauge of public morality in this nation, would lend himself to a propaganda of high drive, to save a governor who elected to launch into a river without applicable survival skills.

Mrs. Jonathan argued that the calculation was to attack the President and pull to pieces anyone associated with him, as a strategy for attracting public sympathy to the “clear underdog."

The handwriting on the wall is very clear for all to see. Remember these -

I'm not in Rivers to fight Gov Amaechi – Patience Jonathan

My PH visit not to unseat Amaechi —Patience

Someone did say then that all we needed to do was to remove the "not" from those statements ^^^

This same woman said "we shouldn’t play politics with our elders" and her media men said "this is besides the fact that the entire country is her constituency as mother of the nation, a situation that comes with the liberty to visit any part thereof at will."

You notice a constant attempt to make wrong right?

It's only a matter of time before the writings on the wall give way to CRACKS in the building.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Okukk(m): 12:33am On Jul 18, 2013
ShyM-X:

Scram!!

Primitive people don't understand decency and civility - you've to scream at them. And that's the 21st century way of dealing with them. undecided

Shame man! If that is what you referred to as "decency & civility" it's either you were not properly taught or your dictionary is outdated!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by laprince(m): 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mind you, proff. Soyinka is clocking 80 soon. And am sure most of us know some attributes of people in dat age range
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Mustay(m): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
laprince: Mind you, proff. Soyinka is clocking 80 soon. And am sure most of us know some attributes of people in dat age range

People in the category of Christopher Kolade. Smh for some schools of thought.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by musiwa36: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
so you think
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2023
Of course, he is. The cr@zy professor cannot fool me once, let alone twice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Senator James Manager Kneeling For Ibori (Picture) / Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.