Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68246 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
DerideGull:
It will be nice to remind you that Hilary Clinton was not elected to any stump of a tree when her husband was President. In addition, Mrs. Thatcher’s husband was politically nobody. It is ridiculous to suggest such lame comparisons. Has Patience Jonathan tended any bill for consideration in NASS?

I was alluding to when Hilary Clinton became powerful and a force in American politics. And also, for all her excessiveness during Bill Clinton's presidency - she was lynched by the American press and the people. Anyway, I believe Bill Clinton just let her be because of his extramarital affairs with Gennifer Flowers and later Monica Lewinsky. Don't forget she became super-popular after the 60 Minutes interview for the Gennifer Flowers thingy and she rode that wave. But regardless, you can't compare Hilary Clinton to this dunderhead of a woman, to be honest.

Lady Thatcher's husband was politically a nobody just as this woman is. However, the difference is that he was out of the limelight - something this woman is allergic to.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Lordseyad(m): 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
Who wrote these?, i guess its not the 'so called first lady' and if its her, can somebody tell me how many hours she used in writing or delivering these essay report? lol

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
WS has been challenging bad governments right from independence in the 1960s. Nobody said anything was wrong with it. In 1967 he was detained for upto 2 years because he was against the civil war. Nobody saw anything wrong in it even though he could have remained silent as he is not Igbo. When he fought Sanni Abacha to the extent that he, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, Dele Momodu, Julius Ihonvbere, and other progressives set up Radio Kudirat in OAU, Ile-Ife, which Abacha could not locate, there was nothing wrong with him. Even though this action made Abacha to declare him wanted dead or alive, there was nothing wrong with him.
My question to all those defending PEJ, what is so special about her or her husband? We know all of you, you will cry at the end. You supported this man in 2011 because you felt that he would quit in 2015 to make you get there. Now, 2015 is close, he has no intention of quiting and you are still in support of him. I bet you, come 2019 whe he quits, if he gets re-elected in 2015, you will be deemed by the North to have ruled for 8 years, though you are not from the SS as him.

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
Lord seyad: Who wrote these?, i guess its not the 'so called first lady' and if its her, can somebody tell me how many hours she used in writing or delivering these essay report? lol

Her errand boy wrote it. grin
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by stagger: 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
I wonder which village school she was attending when Wole Soyinka was being made a Nobel Laureate.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
ZACHIE:
but for his acidic tongue Shymex would easily pass for the most intelligent poster on NL.
I agree with him on this all the way.
anyone who thinks Gej and wife are not involved in the goings on in Rivers State may as well believe the earth is flat.
Pati is involved ib this dangerous trend that could easily spiral out of control. easily.
let men of good conscience speak else evil replicate unabated.

Thanks, bro but I'm not. I'm still growing and learning from the likes of: eGuerilla, kats, blackbaron, Tony Spike, Terracotta etc.. Still learning the naija way. And the big prof himself, Prof. Corruption.

Anyway, I'm from Malcolm X school of thought; and it's better to do an eye-for-eye when you're debating issues that you're passionate about. It's jokes to me and I laugh most of the time when cursing people out. Safe.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
a whole prof fa...she never finish speak english well na soyinka b ha probs...is she nt d first lady? Y cnt she help solving some problems...afterall she makes errors everwhere
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bestview: 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
Myself2: First of,
@ OP is very dubious with the thread title as no where in the report was Soyinka as a person referred to as an embarrassment, but his one-sided biased assessment of the Saga
Secondly Wole Soyinka over-stepped his bounds by calling PEJ unlady-like over the Rivers assembly brouhaha,when she was neither there on that day nor indeed a member of the house.
IMO the response by PEJ's aide is too subtle,to me,an old man that refuses to behave and talk wisely must be told in stronger terms that he is out of line.
If he thinks he has the right to air his view,let him at least be objective and fair,not abusive,in the same vein PEJ is entitled to defend herself and set the records straight.
Infact I applaud her for issuing a response to Soyinka that is copiously civil.

Soyinka should learn that nobody has the monopoly of a caustic tongue,this was how he tried to mess with that Warri boy Festus Keyamo,true to type,Keyamo would not have any of Soyinka's nonsense and promptly advised him to concentrate on writing twinkle twinkle little star poems rather than dabble into terrians he is ignorant about,I think he has forgotten that advice,someone needs to remind him ASAP

If this is true, then the cult leader- Soyenka has received enough insult that should have sent out of play.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by figment232(m): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time: Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

^^^^^^^^
I Still maintain that PEJ has no moral justification to talk back at the Prof. Her only portfolio is being the wife of the president. Soyinka has achieved a lot and demands respect. He is one of our national icons and a gift to this nation. He commands more respect outside the shores of this country than PEJ can ever get so she should be the one to zip it... IMO
But Soyinka is fooling himself by not addressing d matter objectively.how can he be opening that his Ogboni mouth and talking rubbish about PEJ without any proof

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by timjones1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
HHHHHMMMMMMMMM... PROF. WOLE SAID ......BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.................. BE A LADY BEFORE BEING A FIRST LADY. THEN I WAS HOPING FOR MRS PATIENCE SAID .......BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.................... EMBARRASSMENT HAS BECOME SOYINKA WOLE PROF. WITH HIS DIET AGAINST US cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy BUT INSTEAD I SAW ...Wife of the President, MRS PATIENCE, ON FRIDAY TOOK ON the Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, for attributing the crisis in the Rivers State House of Assembly to her.

In a statement by her spokesman, Ayo Osinlu, the President’s wife said Soyinka betrayed the moral duty that expected him.. Abi She no want give Us another of Her JUICE? Or She cant express herself anymore?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by figment232(m): 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
olatomiwa: P[color=#000099][/color]ity! This forum has been infliterated by paid publicists from the Presidency. It is soooo obvious
see ur bent mouth!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by sultanemerald(m): 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
ok o. people who cant even spell nor put their tenses right are insulting a professor? cant you see? you aupport an obnoxious woman who defies the rules of a federal republic. what are you people fighting for? dont you folks have a clear mind? the woman should be at home supporting her husband with prayers and what not. not running wild around the nation causing chaos. insulting an elected governor or a state. blocking roads even against the elected officials of a state. she is a mere citizen. being the wife of the president of the nation doesnt make you above the law.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Vansnickers: 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Patience can release a statement to jab Soyinka but she can't release a statement to call Bipi to order?! What the hell?! I hate when my state gets negative publicity.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by akpomeme(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
take dat: Who cares what an hardly literate, grossly insensitive and a corrupt beyond belief woman, whom I am sure is unable to grasp the consequences of her meddling has to say. Like the Prof said, be a lady before being a first lady. cheesy

Clannish sycophants, hired hands and trash talking tools have invaded this thread trying to whitewash the image of our hippo first lady. grin

Watch your flow of English as you seek to undermine others. Calling your mother's mate a hippo...
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Adamskuty(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time:

http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka-an-embarrassment-patience-jonathan-%e2%80%a2amaechi-behind-rivers-crisis-fg-%e2%80%a2allegation-baseless-governor/

I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

this useless fat old pig that almost died in a hospital in germany still haven't learnt her lesson,what a shame,she has the audacity to reply soyinka?? Who are u compared to him? u are nobody,u are equivalent to the dust of the earth compared to soyinka.

The difference is clear.

SOYINKA--LITERATE

FAT PIG PATIENCE-ILLITERATE.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by 1forall: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
Can Patience Jonathan spell "embarrassment"?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Ishilove: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
1forall: Can Patience Jonathan spell "embarrassment"?
I seriously doubt grin
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Ishilove: 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
Adamskuty: this useless fat old pig that almost died in a hospital in germany still haven't learnt her lesson,what a shame,she has the audacity to reply soyinka?? Who are u compared to him? u are nobody,u are equivalent to the dust of the earth compared to soyinka.

The difference is clear.

SOYINKA--LITERATE

FAT PIG PATIENCE-ILLITERATE.
You are calling someone's mother these kind of names?

This is just too bad.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by redsun(m): 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
This gej wife na real madam kofo,she is more or less gansterizing the position of first lady thief in Nigeria just like the male politicians themselves. Making it obvious that she is a gangter like the rest of them.

Non them are good,including amaechi,all wanting the best they can loot at the expense of the fundamentally ignorant and docile masses

I was surprise when SOyinka's thought she was good enough for a perm sec. I knew something was amiss when he said that.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by martinbillings: 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bad belle de worry all of una. Where was WS when Turai held us hostage, even the then V.president didn't know the whereabout of his boss. WS never made any comment. No matter who you are, professor is only regarded on earth and before God we are all equal. Does he have any right to accuse somebody's wife like he did. What if her children start insulting him for accusing their mom wrongly cos i didn't see any tangible reason he gave that shows PEJ is part of rivers crisis. Doesn't she have any right to visit her state? Well Yorubas must always be yorubas, supporting their own, ROTIMI. SW should atleast accord PEJ some respect as the first lady. She has an office, but Laurent is an award. See how Obama took his wife, and daughters to Africa in airforce one, if it is jonathan, hell will let loose. Ordinary first lady, why should she enter airforce one, why should she go on official tour with the president, retardeen, why should he go with his fat pig wife and useless daughters? Please ndi ofe mmanu, make una let this man be. Amaechi is simply having internal crisis with his party. Even if she is an illitrate, fat, whatever, her husband and children gbadu her like that.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by josite: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
as bad as she is patience Jonathan is,she is a billion times better than Soyinka.u guys should ask Soyinka whether a single primary school pupil is benefitting from him in isara remo where he comes from and where his parents are buried till today.as he said he is indeed a leading member of a wasted generation. How much I detest this man Soyinka. Very much.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by nadozgmail: 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Could she have put together such eloquence on her own......#hides
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Garrithe1st: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
akpomeme: [b]

Watch your flow of English as you seek to undermine others. Calling your mother's mate a hippo...

Patience Jonathan is a disgrace, a shameless illiterate and a power drunk b1tch..

Take dat to the bank!!

cool cool cool
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Garrithe1st: 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
josite: as bad as she is patience Jonathan is,she is a billion times better than Soyinka.u guys should ask Soyinka whether a single primary school pupil is benefitting from him in isara remo where he comes from and where his parents are buried till today.as he said he is indeed a leading member of a wasted generation. How much I detest this man Soyinka. Very much.

You're a 1st grade illiterate!!

Is Soyinka your Local Govt chairman or your Governor that he should build schools and other infrastructures for you and your villagers?

My guy go wear a basket on ur empty head and weep for your life.

cool

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Vansnickers: 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Garri the 1st:

You're a 1st grade illiterate!!

Is Soyinka your Local Govt chairman or your Governor that he should build schools and other infrastructures for you and your villagers?

My guy go wear a basket on ur empty head and weep for your life.

cool

LoL! I was going to reply the buffoon, but your comment expressed my feelings perfectly.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Garrithe1st: 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
martinbillings: Bad belle de worry all of una. Where was WS when Turai held us hostage, even the then V.president didn't know the whereabout of his boss. [b]WS never made any comment.[b]

The bolded actually gives me the justification to call you a stvpid simpleton. Where you in Coma when Prof, Falana, Bakare and others fought to free the Retardeen from Turai's slavery??

No matter who you are, "First Lady" is only regarded on earth and before God we are all equal.

Fixed!!

Those words should have been directed to the Ugly and obese illiterate you're defending.

Does he have any right to accuse somebody's wife like he did. What if her children start insulting him for accusing their mom wrongly cos i didn't see any tangible reason he gave that shows PEJ is part of rivers crisis. Doesn't she have any right to visit her state?

Beautiful Nonsense at best.

Dude your head is full of mud. Even a cow will do better than this..

Well Yorubas must always be yorubas, supporting their own, ROTIMI. SW should atleast accord PEJ some respect as the first lady.

Should have known you're a "flat-head"..... cheesy cheesy

She has an office, but Laurent is an award.

My brother you dull sha. You shouldn't have dropped out in JSS 2..

grin cheesy grin

See how Obama took his wife, and daughters to Africa in airforce one, if it is jonathan, hell will let loose. Ordinary first lady, why should she enter airforce one, why should she go on official tour with the president, retardeen, why should he go with his fat pig wife and useless daughters?

Thank God you got the bolded right. Perfect description for the fool.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Sike(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Lmao.... This woman get mind small .
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Pataki: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
So this foul smelling, big stomach hippopotamus look alike, disgrace of a first lady still has a mouth and an errand boy that will write a response for her?!

She obviously has no shame. Such a disgusting piece of a woman.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by collynzo2(m): 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
figment232: But Soyinka is fooling himself by not addressing d matter objectively.how can he be opening that his Ogboni mouth and talking rubbish about PEJ without any proof
The statement itself confirmed that Patience ahd her husband are behind Amaechi's predicament. Read the part where the statement suggested Prof Soyinka was trying to ''save'' amaech from their wrath. Also remember not too long ago Patience attended Bipi's daughtes wedding in Rivers state and held a secret meeting with some anti-Amaechi lawmakers, here is the result. So whether she is behind what is happening now isn't a matter to debate.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by sunnyolads1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
It is very clear that there are many govt paid publicist in this NL due to some annoying comments we have been reading since. There is no respect for any high profile man in Nigeria that's why many fools will just open their mouths to abuse,insult,criticise and even condemn them particularly when they lend their voice or piece of advice on politics. I don't see the reason why people are rainy abuses on the Prof Wole just because he gave a piece of advice on a political matter. Whether he did investigation or not,it is quite glaring the brain behind the fracas in Rivers State.But I may not blame many of you because if you are intelligent and endowed like Prof,probably you would have comment in a more polite manner.. Do you think GEJ and PEJ will remain in power forever?..We shall see
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Ishilove: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
akpomeme: [b]

I am apalled by what I have been reading here. It seems most of them have forgotten that they have mothers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court / Nnamdi Kanu Shares 50-Year-Old Newspaper About Aburi Agreement (Photo) / Emir Sanusi's Reaction On Meeting Ganduje At Eid Prayer Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.