Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha (18923 Views)

Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Al Mustapha Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by Delafruita(m): 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
Toktee: "Sgt rogers was made to recant the testimony"remember rogers was the federal government witness,so sir that is where i have a problem,he was "made" to recant his earlier testimony by who?
rogers was not a federal government witness.he was a prosecution witness the prosecutior been the lagos state attorney-general's office.
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by Xfactoria: 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
You see, this judgment and the revelation of poor investigation and evidence gathering by the police are the reasons I laugh at people who continue to believe that Buhari can fight corruption in this country.

I still maintain that, with the current judicial system and the Nigerian Police structure, Buhari's military fight against corruption is irrelevant to this age.

My previous take on this is on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1313370/jonathan-arrest-buhari-over-inciting/3#16087820

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by xGun: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
†ђξ judges were fair enof cos A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ †ђξ evidences against him wen nt proven beyond reasonable doubt
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Justice delayed is equivalent to justice denied! Al mustapher is as guilty as a killer!
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by olu070706(m): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Having read the extract of the submission of his Lordship, one cannot but lay the blame at the doormouth of the Nigerian Police for their inefficiecy and inability to carry out proper investigation and get evidence. The Courts only act on the evidence before them and the prosecution can only adduce evidence obtained by the police, so you see, Nigerian Police needs overhauling and proper training.

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by afeeshassan: 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
The lawyer did a shoddy job. I did not trust Nigeria.It may be part of boko haram negotiation or they decided to give the case to incompetent lawyer to handle. God dey
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by AAAdam(m): 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
ichommy: Waiting to see his poster #2015
yes woo! As dsp alamieyeseigha did.
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by Yuzarsif(m): 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
GEJ-if northerners refuse to support me for second term my successor wil be al-mustapha comes 2015, hahaha problem don land for naija.
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by betr12: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2013

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
This makes me wonder how many innocent peoppe have been convicted with no case against them. What were they doing for fourteen years without releasing a man if they had no evidence against him?
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by Keshi5(m): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
ThankGod Edeh: [b][/b] And Dele Giwa
including goodluck jornathan
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
drauj: Man-made laws 4 u . . . technicalities exploited by man to suit man. PS: Does this judgement have anything to do with 2015?

Read the article. He was incacerated for fourteen years without evidence.
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
cecegorz: Looks like i'm mixing things up here.
I thought Serg Rojers had earlier admitted he pulled the trigger on the lady. That Al Mustapha was being prosecuted for being the one who gave the licence to kill?
Why are they still talking about bullet being white or colored here

So, at the end of the day, sorry 15years, we still can't hold anybody responsible for the brutal murder of Kudirat?
Ain't the law justifiably an as*s?

Sgt. Rogers said he was financially induced to make that statement.
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by johnaruson(m): 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Holly judgment.
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by ekolina(m): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
TayoT: I heard he's been absorbed back into the military and promoted to the rank of colonel. How true is ds?
going by d ruling he wll b restate back and all his benefits paid since he is discharged n acquited
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
How are you sure Sgt. Rogers wasn't lying? What is your proof that Sgt. Wasn't lying. We are not sure if he is guioty or not. So don't go saying someone's blood is on the Major's head.

This is an old.comment about the High court trial.

[b]
Almost all the principal witnesses brought forward by the Lagos State government have openly confessed that they were financially induced to implicate Al-Mustapha. Sgt Rogers openly wept in court in 2008 and begged Al-mustapha to forgive him for lying against him (Al-Mustapha). He told the court he was financially induced to implicate his former boss.

Another star witness, Mohammed Abdul, alias Katako, who was alleged to have driven Sgt Rogers to kill Kudirat, said he was in his village on the day late Alhaja kudirat was murdered and so could not have driven Rogers to kill her. Again, Sofolahan who was sentenced along with Al-mustapha had before the ruling challenged anybody from the Abiola's family to come forward and testify that he worked for Alhaja Kudirat.

The Lagos State government had repeatedly in its proof of evidence before the court referred to Sofolahanas Alhaja Kudirat's PA and that he was the one giving Al-Mustapha information about the movements of Alhaja. Hear Sofolahan " At least somebody should come forward for over 12 years now to say yes, Alhaja has sent you to see me as a personal assistant or somebody should have approached the DPP telling her, he/she knows that i worked with Alhaja of blessed memory" [/b]
Delafruita:
the trial was filled with hatred and sentiments because almustapha ordered the assassination.however,i have gone through the transcripts from the original trial and the appeal and i believe the judgement was the right one based on the evidence before the court.the prosecution didnt prove their case beyond reasonable doubt which is the major factor required to get a conviction.

for those that say the trial lasted too long,it did because almustapha kept coming up with ridiculous injuctions and seeking ridiculous reliefs which necessitated continous adjournments all in the name of a fair trial.sgt rogers testified in open court that almustapha ordered them to kill kudirat.he gave full details but unfortunately,he was made to recant that testimony.

this judgement doesnt erase the truth and almustapha will forever have the blood of kudirat on his head
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by ekolina(m): 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
A A Adam: yes woo! As dsp alamieyeseigha did.
he is free to vote an b voted for cuz he has been absorbed of al criminal charges by d ruling
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
drauj:
I used to have an understanding that facts are brought forth in court when demanded as the case goes on. But a duration of fourteen years for a sensitive case like this, its so obvious it has taken long. Justice here has been denied no matter the outcome. Nigerian legal system . .. . smh.

Fourteen years and the prosecution couldn't produce any credible evidence. Even circunstantial.

1 Like

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Toktee: "Sgt rogers was made to recant the testimony"remember rogers was the federal government witness,so sir that is where i have a problem,he was "made" to recant his earlier testimony by who?

"PW 2 (Sgt. Rogers) and PW 3( Mohammedd Abdul) in their confessional statement to the police, said they were enjoined by the first appellant, to murder Kudirat, but this statement was later retracted by them in court.

"PW 2 and 3 retracting their earlier statement to the police told the court that they were cajoled by the prosecution to indict the appellant, with a promise to give them monetary compensation.

The question should be who induced Sgt. Rogers to lie against Major Al-Mustapha. We should be asking this question because those who did it might have been trying to hide the real killer.
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
do we use jury in nigeria :-/
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by ibnjarir(m): 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Is she superior to others that were killed before or after her death?scores have been killed & the culprits were not identified.

1 Like

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
X-factoria:
You see, this judgment and the revelation of poor investigation and evidence gathering by the police are the reasons I laugh at people who continue to believe that Buhari can fight corruption in this country.

I still maintain that, with the current judicial system and the Nigerian Police structure, Buhari's military fight against corruption is irrelevant to this age.

My previous take on this is on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1313370/jonathan-arrest-buhari-over-inciting/3#16087820

I remember that brilliant comment. You actually killed my hope of a gunslinger smiting all the corrut politicians. embarassed

Well I still gave you a like with anger of the truth being bitter. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by BabaOlowo: 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
The Lower Court Trial Judge should be Dismissed! She has shown gross INCOMPETENCE.

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by anonimi: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Delafruita:
rogers was not a federal government witness.he was a prosecution witness the prosecutior been the lagos state attorney-general's office.

Thanks for this clarification otherwise people will soon start blaming shoeless Jona as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by ishmael(m): 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Maidoki14: No be naija we dey??Almustapha fr Gov.2015 insha allah!
I can't remember anybody retiring him from the army. He's still an army officer. Can a serving military officer go into pnlitics?
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
Me and my friend had a long discussion abt this today. Nigeria needs to follow a jury system. We need to put judgement into the hands of citizens. Many pple get off on technicalities but a jury returns the balance. I can assure u that if we had a jury system, someone like bode george or cecilia ibru wudnt get few months in prison for their crimes. Jury puts a human and emotive aspect to judgement. More like legal controlled jungle justice.
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by Xfactoria: 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
BabaOlowo: The Lower Court Trial Judge should be Dismissed! She has shown gross INCOMPETENCE.

Which incompetence did she show?

If you were born or were alive at the time Sergeant Rogers gave his testimonies about how Al-Mustapha directed them in the murder of Kudirat, the burning of General Akinrinade's property, the attempted murder of Alex Ibru and Sen. Abraham Adesanya, the murder of one socialite woman in Ibadan etc, you would know that his statements were too detailed to be an induced fabrication.

Rogers later came back to say he was induced. Don't forget too that the same reason the Appeal court judges mentioned to refuse the admission of the first statements given by Rogers and Katako could also suffice for enough grounds not to believe Rogers was induced to make the first statement because there was no evidence to support the fact that Rogers and the other guy - Katako were induced to lie. The defendants did not show any evidence that the Police offered Rogers money to lie. So the question now is this - Is the fact that Rogers came back many years to say those statements he made (note, he admitted making those statements) were motivated/induced without substantial proof enough ground to dismiss the statements? Please note that many years passed before Rogers denied making the statements. He was in fact walking free at the time and had contact with agents of the defendants who could have induced/threatened him to deny all the damning statements he made at first. The judgment was unduly prolonged and that gave the defendants and his agents enough time to work on Rogers and Katako.

Even the appeal court cannot claim that their judgment is fool-proof! Our entire system of legal administration is a joke in this country!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by bakila: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
afees hassan: The lawyer did a shoddy job. I did not trust Nigeria.It may be part of boko haram negotiation or they decided to give the case to incompetent lawyer to handle. God dey

You are very funny, this case started long before Mohammed Yusuf started his thing. Anyone who cares to read basic criminal law knows that Judgment upturned on appeal was flawed. Long judgments are always bad. Again the Criminal Justice System of Nigeria has suffered a huge blow.Justice was delivered to Al-mustapha, but the Abiolas and the State has not received Justice as One more murder remained unresolved.

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by kennethik: 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
The judgement was well delivered and accepted,you just convict somebody based on tribal sentiment,judgment is given based on facts.
Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by koladebrainiac(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
i can play victim of justice by stalling a case far too long. Another trick sha! So bullet is now the real deal in absorbing him of the case? Law is an ass true true

1 Like

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by funshint(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
X-factoria:

Which incompetence did she show?

If you were born or were alive at the time Sergeant Rogers gave his testimonies about how Al-Mustapha directed them in the murder of Kudirat, the burning of General Akinrinade's property, the attempted murder of Alex Ibru and Sen. Abraham Adesanya, the murder of one socialite woman in Ibadan etc, you would know that his statements were too detailed to be an induced fabrication.

Rogers later came back to say he was induced. Don't forget too that the same reason the Appeal court judges mentioned to refuse the admission of the first statements given by Rogers and Katako could also suffice for enough grounds not to believe Rogers was induced to make the first statement because there was no evidence to support the fact that Rogers and the other guy - Katako were induced to lie. The defendants did not show any evidence that the Police offered Rogers money to lie. So the question now is this - Is the fact that Rogers came back many years to say those statements he made (note, he admitted making those statements) were motivated/induced without substantial proof enough ground to dismiss the statements? Please note that many years passed before Rogers denied making the statements. He was in fact walking free at the time and had contact with agents of the defendants who could have induced/threatened him to deny all the damning statements he made at first. The judgment was unduly prolonged and that gave the defendants and his agents enough time to work on Rogers and Katako.

Even the appeal court cannot claim that their judgment is fool-proof! Our entire system of legal administration is a joke in this country!!!!
May God bless u big time! Most people here are just blind to see whats truly going on; this is really a big shame to the judicial system of the country where ethnic sentiments have been allowed to infiltrate the delivery of sound judgement.Very lazy judgement; how can u just water down a 326 page judgement just like that. These are the type of judges who are ready to pronounce any judgement in favour of the highest bidder. This is a big slap to the judicial system and a huge shame on this country; not even the judges can be trusted again. Nothing less is expected from this power hungry tribe(Northerners) who are always ejecting tribal sentiments into whatever they do. They are in charge of the National Judicial Council, they also have the Court of Appeal in their grips after that "retardeen" up there controversially deleted the person that was trying to input a little bit of sanity and trust in the Judicial System(Justice Ayo Salami). This people(Northerners) have the highest number of judges in Nigeria 'cos its a much easier and stress-free avenue to success compared to being a practicing lawyer. Very lazy judgement and lazy set of judges altogether. May God and posterity judge you Al-mustapha and Shofolahan 'cos you'll definitely account for the blood of the innocent you've shed. And to those corrupt set of lazy judges may you also be denied justice when you dearly need it. I weep for this country; most especially I weep for the Yorubas. Tinubu hope you are happy wherever you are now; you better be careful 'cos u're about to associate yourself with a set of power hungry wolves(Northerners). By the time they collect that power they will eat you up. Go and ask Afonja, Awolowo and Abiola they have bitter stories to tell about this people(Northerners); political backstabbers. I rest my case!!!

1 Like

Re: Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha by cecegorz(m): 12:15am On Jul 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Sgt. Rogers said he was financially induced to make that statement.
Oh really?
If one collects money to lie under oath, Ain't that perjury? Was he also discharged?
I am not a Lawyer, but the judgement sounds like they got to a cul-de-sac pursuing Al Mustapha meanwhile there is still a lead from Sgt Rojers side.
The question should now be 'Who exactly induced him? Does it mean the court has no power to compel him to name/produce the financiars?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seized $5.7million: APC Used By ‘Foreign Interests’ To Destroy Nigeria — PDP / Omo-Agege Wants Motion Seeking Saraki’s Imprisonment Served Through Media / PHOTOS: Shehu Shagari's Body Leaves Abuja For Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.