Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,559 members, 7,837,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man (7717 Views)

5 Likely Places Where Your Beauty Won't Save You / 5 Thing Ladies Do That Makes Them Look Cheap To Guys / Likely Ways To Know If A Woman Is Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2013
The first thing to grab here is that, MEN are creatures of action more than of words, which means to get a man to do what you want, you need to give him something to react to. You need to do something that will kick his butt into motion.

1: Make Him Realize Your Time Is Precious

Most guys after dating them for a while usually assume it’s a given that you’ll be available to them whenever they want. And when this mentality comes in, you stop getting the, “What are you doing next Monday?” texts and start getting the, “Wanna come over in an hour?” texts.

When this starts to happen,and you yield into it, trust me you will sooner or later be seen as cheap to a man. So what's the solution? At this time, you need to start making yourself unavailable (easier said than done, right?).

But here is the thing:

When a man realizes you can’t just come over in an hour, he’ll be forced to actually plan—pick out a date, and ask you in advance—and in the process, he’ll realize that your time is precious and that's how you gain values in relationships, when your partner acknowledges your time.

2: Using The If-You-Want-It-Do-What-I-Want Approach

I love this style a lot, because as a guy, I know how it makes a man feel when a woman starts doing it, especially the woman you love. If all your man ever wants to do is stay in and watch TV (when what you actually want is to go out) more-so you can’t convince him that all the activities you want to do, he would enjoy.

So what do you do in this situation?

You show him, without telling him in advance, just start walking out the door saying, “I’m going to that show with my friend. I’ll be back late.” Go do the fun stuff you asked him to do, with somebody else.

If he truly wants your TIME, this will start to teach him that if he wants it, he’s going to have to do what you want to do. Because otherwise, you’re happy to just leave and do it with someone else. Don't be deceived with all the HARD-MEN thing guys do. They're human and a man that truly loves you will be hit with this approach big time.

3: The Silence Attitude

When it becomes clearly evident that your man hasn't been listening lately when you tell him about your day, or your problems. Then the Silence attitude becomes your best approach.

How does this work?

Be very short with him (as he has been with you) when he tells you something. Beyond that, don’t be the one trying to start conversations. Read your book. Watch your show. Be indifferent. He’ll quickly realize you’re talking was better than your silence and say, “You’re acting weird…” which is when you can say “Well, you've just seemed so distracted lately, I didn’t want to burden you.” (Which is a backhanded way of saying, “You've done a terrible job at handling my issues and listening to me” and men love challenge). When you don't challenge a man's intellect, you become cheap to him- period.

4: Stop Initiating Sex

You usually get in bed and wait for him to make a move and when he doesn't, you slowly start making little moves. He accepts it, but doesn't meet you half way. And somehow, you end up doing all the work again.

Stop that! For as long as it takes, when you get in bed, immediately turn off the light, roll over and say, “Goodnight!” He’s become spoiled. He assumes you’ll do all the work. After a few nights of not getting any, he’ll realize he has to seduce you. At this stage again you've gain your values.

5: Absence To His Class Approach

So your guy is too critical. He’s not just helpful—he’s pushing it. He says you need to work on public speaking, or learning how to do more handy work around the house. Okay. Guess what? All the nights he would have had with you were just filled up with public speaking and home economic classes. Isn't that what he wanted? He’ll quickly realize he was actually really happy with you just the way you were! Certainly happier than when he doesn't get to see you at all. Your absence will re-create your values to him again.

www.flaubertajiero.com

1 Like

Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by micheal077: 11:43am On Jul 13, 2013
Fork off I hate women
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by pheyikemi: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2013
micheal077: Fork off I hate women
By now u shd knw ds thread is for non-gays, so bug off.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2013
This doesn't stop a guy from quiting the relationship. @op haven't you heard of the advice 'be yourself'

4 Likes

Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 13, 2013
One good way of being yourself is to ACTUALLY know the things you should do. Being in control of your game.
ULSHERLAN: This doesn't stop a guy from quiting the relationship. @op haven't you heard of the advice 'be yourself'
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Charlesaniako(m): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
Actually some of these things list above dont work...they ar just fallacy...i hope no young and impressionable lady is viewing this
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
undecided
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
Flaubert Ajiero: One good way of being yourself is to ACTUALLY know the things you should do. Being in control of your game.
well, the story still won't change from, 'if u hold a bird too tight it might die in ur grip'

1 Like

Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
girls that use does fawking stuff/rules on me! especially the one of playing hard to get doesn't work for me cuz i wud DELETE you without thinking twice! that's my game, that's my rule.. I no send u

1 Like

Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by fruityjojo(f): 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
bennyraz: girls that use does fawking stuff/rules on me! especially the one of playing hard to get doesn't work for me cuz i wud DELETE you without thinking twice! that's my game, that's my rule.. I no send u
. Dats y you should learn 2 READ & UNDERSTAND! At d end of almost all d post d op says IF HE TRULY WANT UR TIME! IF HE TRULY LOVES YOU! Not IF you are his F*uckin mate or temporary fix.

1 Like

Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
I dont av time to learn any rules in order to keep a man-if i you dont like me for who i am then leave and find someone else afterall no matter how hard you try some men will still misbehave. BS.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Candywendy(f): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
and wot makes u tink we lyk u,Bleep off as well.

1 Like

Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
Some of these seem kinda manipulative.
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
This is one of the many reasons relationships fail. Dating a guy or woman is not a game. Treat your significant other the way you'd like to be treated. If your respect and affection are not being reciprocated, then it may be time to consider other options. Respect, affection, and all that make a successful relationship should be willingly given, and not manipulated or demanded. That's how some women are deluded and start believing they can change men.
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
Men are creatures the theory of CONSTANT doesn't work with. Men need change and swifts of routines to keep their interest ON... and when a woman understands that and try to keep that tempo, it doesn't make her manipulative.

There are usually 2 types of women you find in relationships:

1: Those that other people tell what's going wrong in their relationship and have a crowd provide answers for them.

2: Those that notice their relationship shortcomings on their own and deal with it personally

Either way, how to tackle the problems remains paramount.

The points I highlighted, lots of women do them naturally even without knowing it or having to be conscious of them. There are just common sense most time and NOT MANIPULATIVE in any way.

Women don't need to change men rather they just need to understand that keeping a man's interest starts with them keeping their own values intact first.
ogugua88: This is one of the many reasons relationships fail. Dating a guy or woman is not a game. Treat your significant other the way you'd like to be treated. If your respect and affection are not being reciprocated, then it may be time to consider other options. Respect, affection, and all that make a successful relationship should be willingly given, and not manipulated or demanded. That's how some women are deluded and start believing they can change men.
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
Men are creatures the theory of CONSTANT doesn't work with. Men need change and swifts of routines to keep their interest ON... and when a woman understands that and try to keep that tempo, it doesn't make her manipulative.

There are usually 2 types of women you find in relationships:

1: Those that other people tell what's going wrong in their relationship and have a crowd provide answers for them.

2: Those that notice their relationship shortcomings on their own and deal with it personally

Either way, how to tackle the problems remains paramount.

The points I highlighted, lots of women do them naturally even without knowing it or having to be conscious of them. There are just common sense most time and NOT MANIPULATIVE in any way.

Women don't need to change men rather they just need to understand that keeping a man's interest starts with them keeping their own values intact first.
ogugua88: This is one of the many reasons relationships fail. Dating a guy or woman is not a game. Treat your significant other the way you'd like to be treated. If your respect and affection are not being reciprocated, then it may be time to consider other options. Respect, affection, and all that make a successful relationship should be willingly given, and not manipulated or demanded. That's how some women are deluded and start believing they can change men.
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by lovelydoll: 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
just close your legs
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by lepasharon(f): 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
lol ^
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
fruityjojo: . Dats y you should learn 2 READ & UNDERSTAND! At d end of almost all d post d op says IF HE TRULY WANT UR TIME! IF HE TRULY LOVES YOU! Not IF you are his F*uckin mate or temporary fix.
rule 2 that's ok to some extent sha.. but it shouldn't apply to other rule grin
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by DExplorer1: 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
pheyikemi: By now u shd knw ds thread is for non-gays, so bug off.
grin grin grin
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by mecussey(m): 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2013

..lol..you hate them because they are winning you. You will like them when you are winning them.
Re: 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 27, 2015
hha ha aha aha hahhaha hahaha ahhha ahhahah ahahah cough#$ cough%# @OP 2 can play that game and from experience.. women are horrible at it hah ah ahahah ahhaahha ahaha ha grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

WHAT'S The Physical Signs To Identify That A Lady Is Virgin / I Didn't Die Of Dog Infection, She Clears The Air (picture) / Send Your Congratulatory Message To Our Mr Nairaland Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.