Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,574 members, 7,840,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Nigeria Acquires Drones? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Acquires Drones? (30565 Views)

RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Airforce Acquires Sophisticated Aircraft To Protect Nigeria / Jimi Agbaje Drones Monitor Lagos Elections – Rare Footage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigerian drones look like the little toy aeroplane my pops bought for me as a kid.

What a funny country!!

Who's going to operate the drones? Israelis just stay ripping you lot off with obsolete drones that can't get off the ground. Reconnaissance mission by those non-flying little birds is like a pipe-dream. grin
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
He's got a Cap but no head. #what a country.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
nairaman66: Misleading headlines.. Nigeria cannot afford the maintenance of a single drone, not to talk of purchasing one.

These Political Department of Plunderers (PDP) will not allow that to happen when they have not satisfied their selfish interest- Looting to be precise!!
ahh..see 'daftness'

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by size38: 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
Which kind Drones be that? Abi water drums or paint drums. I hope say d said Drones no go disappear like our satellite wey disappear in d orbit.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Giofresh1(m): 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
Gud!!!!! bt 4 wat undecided
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by victorv12(m): 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
See the toy they are calling drone?! Can those small things nuke the boko haram and the niger delta militants?! Na wa ooo!
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Shyte, I had to come back on this thread to laugh again. grin

Imagine a country like Nigeria that uses obsolete Alpha Jets at its main military fighter jet talking about acquiring drones. grin grin grin grin

I've studied all your military inventory and your military is too weak. 500 special forces from any of the top powers should be able to capture your capital within 5hours. Better start upgrading your military and stop dreaming about drones. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:
Nigerian drones look like the little toy aeroplane my pops bought for me as a kid.

What a funny country!!

Who's going to operate the drones? Israelis just stay ripping you lot off with obsolete drones that can't get off the ground. Reconnaissance mission by those non-flying little birds is like a pipe-dream. grin
you're a goat

Amebo 3
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-iii.jpg?w=640[/img]
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-gcs.jpg?w=960[/img]
Features
• Customisable flight control software
• Waypoint navigation
• High speed real time image processing for onboard Geo-location and Target Tracking•
Up to 40 km VHF communications• Modular and mobile GCSApplication Areas of AMEBO
• Pipeline Monitoring•
Border Patrol•
Mapping•
Traffic Monitoring
• Disaster Monitoring•
Maritime Patrol•
Aerial Surveillance• Pest Monitoring and Control

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
^^^^That crap looks like scrap metal.

I'll shoot that crap down with an AK in 10 secs. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by vizboy(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
victorv12: See the toy they are calling drone?! Can those small things nuke the boko haram and the niger delta militants?! Na wa ooo!
a try will convice you
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by dokunbam(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
naptu2: Old news. Circa 2006 the FG ordered Seastar drones from Israel (for use in the Niger Delta, etc) . The Americans were angry about the deal because there was no competitive bidding for the contract (in which american companies would have competed for the deal).

Circa 2011 there were allegations that the drones and other military equipment procured from the Israelis and Chinese were fake. I don't know if the allegations were true or if it was a result of demarketing by the americans.

Nigeria also has home-made drones (amebor 1, 2 and 3).
These americans their whala is too much on us oo. Y are they always angry with what we do? Is it their money?
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

What a funny country!!

I have seen most of your comments on Nigerian military.
You know next to nothing about Nigeria's military.
Stick to british affairs.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
juman: Hiss. Useless country.
y r u staying here den?... U av to learn to blive in ur country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
victorv12: See the toy they are calling drone?! Can those small things nuke the boko haram and the niger delta militants?! Na wa ooo!
That's a surveillance drone.
What you are talking about is an attack drone.
Btw,do you know what a drone looks like?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomon111:
I have seen most of your comments on Nigerian military.
You know next to nothing about Nigeria's military.
Stick to british affairs.

I'm a regular on Beegeagle's blog and I know your military capabilities.

Your airforce is rubbish. Your Navy stays taking 50s and 60s cold war era ships from the yanks. And your army is below par as well.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bt y choose d name AMEBOR?
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by sarutobie(m): 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Your airforce is rubbish. Your Navy stays taking 50s and 60s cold war era ships from the yanks. And your army is below par as well.
A piece of advice to unsuspecting NLanders..do not take this foulmouthed,see-no-good,goon serious..for the sake of your sanity!..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by supaeagles(m): 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
They will not maintain these drones and now we will have the extra wahala of "dead objects" falling from the skies on our heads undecided
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
sarutobie:
A piece of advice to unsuspecting NLanders..do not take this foulmouthed,see-no-good,goon serious..for the sake of your sanity!..

Bwahahahaha

The truth is bitter. Nigeria needs to upgrade its military and leave drones alone for now. Get your airforce to be half as strong as the Egyptian/South Africa/Ethiopian/Algerian airforce. You need to upgrade your air defense system to Algeria's level. Get your navy close to the South African navy's level. You don't even have a mini-submarine - a full one is like a pipe dream.

Heck, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania et al are upgrading their airforce. But you lot are still stuck with Alpha Jets and J7 smh.

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." - Winston Churchill
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

who cares if you go to beageagle's blog?
Your military knowledge about Nigeria is rubbish.
Give me one reason why reason why you think the airforce is rubbish?
So because Nigeria just like many other countries gets decommissioned ships from the US,it means the navy is bad?
Stop talking nonsense.
And lastly, the Nigerian army is one of the best in the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
supaeagles: They will not maintain these drones and now we will have the extra wahala of "dead objects" falling from the skies on our heads undecided
I am sure US fighter planes fall from the sky despite the maintainence.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomon111: who cares if you go to beageagle's blog?
Your military knowledge about Nigeria is rubbish.
Give me one reason why reason why you think the airforce is rubbish?
So because Nigeria just like many other countries gets decommissioned ships from the US,it means the navy is bad?
Stop talking nonsense.
And lastly, the Nigerian army is one of the best in the world.

Erm..what do you have in your airforce inventory? Alpha Jets, Chengdu J-7, Augusta copters, mi-34 and Mi-24P... Then what else? What air defense system do you have?

And if cold war era ships aren't obsolete, then I don't know what it is. You think Americans give out working naval ships for free? undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by betrani(m): 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
toni tone: @naptu2.....the nigerian made drone amebo, do you know if it is functional, has it ever flown?.....and to note that, its not just the ability for the drone to fly, the big deal is the ability to deploy technology for reconnaissance and payload delivery
I have just finished my VIPER CT-VX56, its a drone that describes the word sophistication as "an understatement" The US would want to key into! But my technology and advancement isn't for sale! I'm waiting for those so called "world powers" to make any error in detonating a nuke by my house! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by sobaemma(m): 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
well,what can i say?at least am happy we ve plans,am happy they know that they got to upgrade so as to dominate the continent 'africa' as the giant we are,cus nowadays south africa in action is the real giant,miltary wise,egypt,ethopia 2,i dont like hearing nigeria is acquring drones or developing militarly for boko haram,niger delta militant,it irrates me,we are number peacekeeping country in africa,like the u.s our voice is audible in a.u,and we are the big brother in ecowas,so nigeria got to be at the top i mean peak of its military,cus the respect of a nation lies on its military,if not u.s russia,germany and co wouldnt be world powers,and u.s cant command countries who to use nukes or not,so military is priority
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Bwahahahaha

The truth is bitter. Nigeria needs to upgrade its military and leave drones alone for now. Get your airforce to be half as strong as the Egyptian/South Africa/Ethiopian/Algerian airforce. You need to upgrade your air defense system to Algeria's level. Get your navy close to the South African navy's level. You don't even have a mini-submarine - a full one is like a pipe dream.

Heck, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania et al are upgrading their airforce. But you lot are still stuck with Alpha Jets and J7 smh.

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." - Winston Churchill
Nigeria does not have any substantial threat,so it makes no sense over-spending on the military.
The Navy already has a ten year plan to acquire some hardwares including submarines,with two chinese stealth warships(one of them 70% built in Nigeria) arriving next year.
The airforce is currently awaiting the arrival of the L-15 interceptors already paid for,and they are currently in the market for superiority fighters either SU-27/30 or the Jf-17 thunders.
Our air defence system is sufficient for the threat we face now.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Ignatio(m): 8:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Like seriously?!
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Horus(m): 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/12/amebo-1-drone.jpg[/img]

At the AIR EXPO 2010: AMEBO-1,a drone manufactured by the Nigerian Air Force Institute of Technology
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Erm..what do you have in your airforce inventory? Alpha Jets, Chengdu J-7, Augusta copters, mi-34 and Mi-24P... Then what else? What air defense system do you have?

And if cold war era ships aren't obsolete, then I don't know what it is. You think Americans give out working naval ships for free? undecided undecided

40% of the chinese airforce are F-7 fighters,so it's still relevant.
Nigeria has MI-35P(which is the best in the world), MI-24 attack helicopters,infact in more quantities than SA.
The ships you called "obsolete" have been upgraded with some of the best missiles and electronic upgrades in the world.
And in case you don't know, Nigeria has anti-submarine capabilities to counter any submarine threat in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomon111: Nigeria does not have any substantial threat,so it makes no sense over-spending on the military.
The Navy already has a ten year plan to acquire some hardwares including submarines,with two chinese stealth warships(one of them 70% built in Nigeria) arriving next year.
The airforce is currently awaiting the arrival of the L-15 interceptors already paid for,and they are currently in the market for superiority fighters either SU-27/30 or the Jf-17 thunders.
Our air defence system is sufficient for the threat we face now.

If you want to be a big time player, then you need a strong military. If you think you don't have any substantial threat then stop claiming to be the giant of Africa when more than five African countries have military hardware you can only dream about. Why wait for 10 years to acquire submarines when Algeria, Egypt and South Africa have submarines? I know Ethiopia would have acquired one time ago if it were no landlocked.

Anyway, when the list of countries in Africa who were in the market for SU-27/30 came out last year on RT; I only saw Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda on the list. When did Nigeria get in the mix? Why do we need Chinese fighter jets when the nature of China's military is mass production of cheaper and inferior military hardware to protect homeland? That's the Chinese military doctrine. Yet you wonder why the J-7s you bought from them stay falling off the sky.

Again, threats can come from any country. So you need to be on your toes to protect your airspace at all times. You saw what happened to Gaddafi, didn't you? He thought there were no threats till they came bombing his country to bits. Algeria knows what time it is.

Anyway, what air defense system do you have? Don't let me post what I think and know it's.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Horus(m): 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-in-flight.jpg[/img]

Made-in-Nigeria Amebo drone in flight

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by bobbyL(m): 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
@naptu2
Who are you?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by betrani(m): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
Horus: [img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/12/amebo-1-drone.jpg[/img]

At the AIR EXPO 2010: AMEBO-1,a drone manufactured by the Nigerian Air Force Institute of Technology
Only in Nigeria does exhibition of military hardware make a "RED-CARPET" event

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Kano City (photos) / Coronavirus: Obasanjo Lists 6 Areas Government Must Focus On / FG Traces Looted Funds To UK, Switzerland, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.