Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Kerosene Price Rises By 200% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kerosene Price Rises By 200% (9764 Views)

Kerosene Price Increased From N50 To N83 Per Litre - PPPRA / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Oil Price Rises As Nigeria Shuts Oil Production!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Exodus2k(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2013
That is Nigeria for you, before now how many people is using Gas for cooking food in this country.? May God delivered us from the hand of evil leaders

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Deiok(m): 11:29am On Jul 14, 2013
Its like some persons dont believe the news, majority of the filling stations in benin are not selling kerosine, the thing is as scarce as a precious stone.
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by tjskii(f): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2013
oneangle: Justwise and the rest of the moderators on dis site God punish u all. Please delete my profile asap. E no go better for all of una. What re u ppl feeling like with all ur fake news. Idiots. Untimely death for all of una oh. Plz delete my profile asap.

Wat is wrong with this one,every evil u wish on others will befall u a million times over, angry angry
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Blessmira: 11:30am On Jul 14, 2013
[quote
author=Lordave]there are so many other options, like you said firewood,
electric cooker, charcoal or even eating the food raw. grin[/quote]

Lol, Make i go buy firewood down. I no wan hear scarcity of firewood oo. Enof rest 4 stove cheesy
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by hoochay: 11:33am On Jul 14, 2013
Lordave: I did.
same here sire,#enters my keke going in search of kenrosenes#
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Lordave: 11:34am On Jul 14, 2013
Blessmira:

Lol, Make i go buy firewood down. I no wan hear scarcity of firewood oo. Enof rest 4 stove cheesy
scarcity of firewood It's just as bad as scarcity of oxygen. grin
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by adeyak83(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2013
Fresh Air, GEJ is working now.
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Lordave: 11:35am On Jul 14, 2013
hoochay: same here sire,#enters my keke going in search of kenrosenes#
cheesy
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 14, 2013
Evryday scarcity of one thing or the other. When will thieves, 419, looters, criminal leaders, fake pastors, ashawos, blackmarketers, and petty thieves be scarce. 9ja as whole looks like an agent of satan.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by IYANGBALI: 11:40am On Jul 14, 2013
Lordave: I did.
shut up liar
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:41am On Jul 14, 2013
Lordave: but so many people testified here on Nairaland that there has been constant supply of power in their different areas.
Otondos, a$$-licker$ & d Gej 40-laptop crew u're referrin 2. Smh sad
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by IYANGBALI: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2013
al-qaeda:
Evryday scarcity of one thing or the other. When will thieves, 419, looters, criminal leaders, fake pastors, ashawos, blackmarketers, and petty thieves be scarce. 9ja as whole looks like an agent of satan.
gbam
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Lordave: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2013
al-qaeda:
9ja as whole looks like an agent of satan.
By a terrorist. cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Bsmartt(m): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2013
i want to say this to my fellow country men and women, unless we remove corruption from our blood vessels Nigeria will still be tagged corrupt country because the president of this great nation in the next 10-15 years is somewhere seeing the way things are going and also trying to survive like you and me.TO CHANGE NIGERIA, LET US CHANGE OUR CHARACTER AND SAY NO TO CORRUPTION EVEN IN OUR HOUSEHOLD.peace. i believe in this country.
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Lordave: 11:44am On Jul 14, 2013
IYA NGBALI: shut up liar
na you get your mouth nah...come shut mine or better still if you're a mod ban me.
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by rodeo0070(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2013
Now this is going to affect the price of Garri...
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by kabba7(m): 11:49am On Jul 14, 2013
ordave]
but so many people testified here on Nairaland that there has been constant supply of power in their different areas.

Was this the fresh air Jonathan promised Nigerians ?
By the way can't we do away with this useless government
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by bongosman: 11:50am On Jul 14, 2013
Nsogbu,poor man have suffered 4 dis 'obodo' Naija.May God help the poor.OVOKO.
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Lordave: 11:55am On Jul 14, 2013
kabba7: ordave]
but so many people testified here on Nairaland that there has been constant supply of power in their different areas.

Was this the fresh air Jonathan promised Nigerians ?
By the way can't we do away with this useless government
this government/administration is not useless. If I may ask, why should we do away with it, is it because the price of kerosene has risen in Lagos and some parts of south west?
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by stephenponti(m): 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Garry is gaining 200% increase too. Hey mod dont ban me. Am not garri activist
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Peculiarni(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lordave: stop ranting like you have no sense. When he's commissioning and awarding road contracts etc, hope you were shouting dividends of democracy.
na road you wan chop abi
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by grandstar(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
Common sense should tell the government to remove the subsidy. People have been paying the market rate and no one has kicked the bucket. The primary beneficiaries of this subsidy are the privilege marketers who make a killing from this farce!

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
Cowboy is working! Nig is better! Enjoy d foul air till 2015! Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwww!
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by 9jamasses: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
It's so sad to see Nigerians suffer because of ignorance, tribalism and religious preference. I knew it that this man will fail the masses from the beginning. He is now in that post going to 4years , ask yourself how has his govt affect your life positively? No power, No education, No health, No job....., only Fresh air indeed.
If the claim is because someone said they will make Nigeria ungovernable for him, I tot the crises is mainly in the north, then what about the south.
judge him now and don't let them deceive us again.
I pray that God help the masses....

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by njuwo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
Chei! Dis one dat they are increasin d price of commodities let dem not tamper with d price of milk o. Wen i say milk, i mean breast milk.
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Theflint1(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
4 Play: It's hilarious that there were protests in respect of the petrol price increase when most of the Nigerian poor are rural poor whose petrol use is relatively minimal. Kerosene is more important to the poor but the long running dislocation of its market price from the official price hardly generates attention.

They should scrap the fuel subsidy and retain only a kerosene subsidy. Fuel subsidy is a retrogressive welfare measure as it rewards the wealthy more, they having a far higher petrol consumption than any segment of society.
'the poor' dnt trek all over the country, so increasing petrol price does not favour any body at all
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by k2039: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lordave: but so many people testified here on Nairaland that there has been constant supply of power in their different areas.
Who is deceiving who?.

Abegi, the last time I saw light in my area was three days ago o.
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by vizboy(m): 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
NA today. We don dey buy the kerosene btw the range of 120 to 150 long long time ago. Cant remember the last time I bought kerosene 50. Abeg e
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by Sike(m): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
Nigeria will always be as jaga - jaga as Eedris has sung.
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by badassnigga(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
thank God Gej is working
Re: Kerosene Price Rises By 200% by asoderock(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
The blame for the high cost of dpk falls squarely on nnpc. nnpc has the monopoly of kerosine importation even though they dont have the facilities for its distribution. nnpc claims subsidy from government and still go ahead to illegally charge marketers N30 or more per litre before giving allocation to load from the imported cargo laden vessels.
the landing cost of dpk is about N60, meaning even without subsidy nigerians will even pay less for the product if the market is deregulated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Those From West Are Still Ignorant On River Niger / Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial / How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.