Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. (2505 Views)

Professor Wole Soyinka Vs Senator Chris Anyanwu / Of Leaders And Dealers: Soyinka Vs Clark By Olakunle Abimbola / Professor Wole Soyinka Vs Madam Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Lordave: 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
I love Professor Wole Soyinka. I believe my lascivious/ amorous witty style of writing is a poor....very poor imitation of his. YES HE IS MY HERO.
I also totally admire his readiness to bleed and indeed his bleeding for Nigeria and i want to believe i share same desire....even though yet to be proven. His"THE MAN DIES in all who keep silent in the face of tyranny"is my mantra and it is in following this his quote that I do not keep quiet over his recent attack on the First Lady of Nigeria.

I have often wondered why Prof Soyinka, despite his clear interest in party/partisan politics has never been truly followed... he and Gani Fawehinmi and of course Femi Falana. I have asked myself if it is some kind of self-destruct button that the Nigerian voting populace has that makes us choose people of unproven integrity that we rather vote instead of these men whose brilliance is globally recognised and whose love for Nigeria is without question. Yes I have laid on my bed pondering this many a time.

Soyinka's last press conference gave me the epiphany. Like Achimedes I screamed EUREKA!!! And the answer is TACT.

There are various definitions of these words. One dictionary defines it as"Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending."
Another says it is"a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense"

The merriam-webster .com/ dictionary even gives an example that is instructive"The peace talks required great tact on the part of both leaders"

So when Soyinka holds a press conference and attacks another man's wife...sorry THE PRESIDENT'S WIFE and asks her to"be a lady"implying the first lady is not a lady. And also not adducing any evidence to buttress such a viewpoint and instead blaming someone with no constitutional powers for actions of men over 18 years...men chosen by their people as leaders....and doing this IN A PRESS CONFERENCE had me nonplussed. Who refers to the First Lady as a"mere domestic appendage of power"? in any country of this world? Do not they know the wife plays a key role in getting votes for the husband? Is Michelle Obama not revered globally? Has the Queen Of England ever hugged any human being aside Michelle? Is her qualification for that embrace not because of Obama being president? IS SHE A DOMESTIC APPENDAGE OF POWER?? Who in this century still considers women DOMESTIC Is the prof not aware that women now earn even more than men in Nigeria as the beautiful brilliant ones are snapped up quickly by employers? Are our most powerful ministers these past years not been women vz Dora Akunyili and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? What men towers above these women? So why call her DOMESTIC. Is this not an antediluvian mindset?

But this is Nigeria. The Nigerian woman despite being some of the most fertile both in womb and in the cerebrum in all the earth, still does not realize her potentials and her rights and that those rights begin with correcting mental attitudes of their males. They do not picket the National Assembly to have domestic violence laws passed. They do not know to influence the National Assembly to make laws that guarantees no man can kick them out of a house after they have toiled with him to build it. They do not know they deserve half, even when like Soyinka desires, they were"domestic"and raised the kids and did not work. They do not know to make laws that will stop a man's son from coming from nowhere and inheriting the man's house upon his passing thus rendering them HOMELESS and of course they do not know to TACKLE THE PROFESSOR FOR CALLING A POSITION THEY BY RIGHT OCCUPY AS WINDS BENEATH PRESIDENTIAL WINGS (FIRST LADY0"mere DOMESTIC appendage of power.

Now compare Orji Uzo Kalu's comments. Bear in mind that like Bola Tinubu, Orji Uzor Kalu has no former university classmate that is alive who remembers him in class. THEY WERE BOTH SPIRITUAL STUDENTS. Indeed Orji has not written books of global significance nor the first black African to win the Nobel Laureate Prize for Literature. Yet his op-ed on the Rivers imbroglio is miles and miles more useful than that of the genius Soyinka.

While Soyinka chose only one woman to blame, while his vitriol was targeted at Patience Dame Jonathan, Orji Uzor Kalu went deep into the root cause of the imbroglio. He spoke to all parties concerned. He apportioned blame where it lay...and intelligently too. For instance, despite all the GEJ vs Amaechi, he first said GEJ was not involved then in the body spoke to GEJ like he was involved. He massaged GEJ's ego then pricked it. Then asked that GEJ forgives Amaechi for any wrongs he may have done.

He told Amaechi he was popular. Then reminded him of the powers of the president as he himself experienced against OBJ. He reminded Amaechi that the minute he loses power, he is NOBODY. His words were words on marble

Now juxtapose the words and actions of a world-renowned professor with that of the University certificate forger and you will find that the difference is TACT. Orji Kalus words are as potent and poignant. HE TOLD AMAECHI IT WAS WRONG FOR HIM TO DISOBEY THE CLEAR DICTATES OF HIS PARTY AND CONTEST FOR THE NGF. HE ASKED HIM TO FORM HIS OWN PARTY IF HE WANTS TO BE RECALCITRANT.

HE TOLD GEJ HE WAS PETTY....Fighti ng with a governor and over what? He showed GEJ was distracting himself.

Now these are clear attacks but coated in honey. They are vinegar pills in vanilla capsules...and yet as healing.

Soyinka's HA!!! Thee scenarios it could lead to are

1. Patience Jonathan insults him back with very terrible english like"it is not by seniorship and white biabia that person have sensing. My husband GEJ has make it to numba one under my umblera era era eh eh eh, under my umbrella."

2. GEJ gets angry and sends his wife packing and we now have first president to drive his wife and throw her load outside of Aso Rock

3. Make Amaechi and his supporters feel justified and break more maces and skulls.

4. Bring a new dimension and party (wole Soyinka) to the equation. (as he basically has done)

5. Annoy Patience and GEJ and have them even more determined to see Amaechi out including the OBJ-like use of EFCC as enemy-hunters

6. Have Patience insult his much younger wife who he basically has DOMESTICATED as we do not see or read of her. (if no be say we dey the area for Atufe wey he come marry the small girl wey must dobale and wey dem fit easily call to order)

I can go on and on and you can attack me all you want for having an opinion and voicing it about such an icon. But not to derail by trying to attack my person, (who I be? Attack jor, I MUST TALK as my Oga Soyinka say make Man no Silent or he die) The real criticism of this write up is WOLE SOYINKA'S APPROACH AND ORJI UZOR'S APPROACH, WHICH SHOWED TACT, INTELLIGENCE, BRILLIANCE, COMMONSENSE, EXPERIENCE etc etc. The answer to that will show you why Orji Uzor Kalu will run for president in 2019 and be a major force while if Soyinka ran, he will be a sidekick like Gani Fawehinmi. THE REASON IS TACT AND COMMONSENSE.

Ena Ofugara.

6 Likes

Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
May God bless you richly for this observation and write up. Common sense they say is really not common. If only the WS will humble himself to read and follow what you just highlighted. God bless you.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
I'll also not be suprise that many feminist who always advocate for women right will still see nothing wrong in domesticating the role of women in the society. This is a call to all true feminist to dance naked on the street to caution WS.

1 Like

Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Lordave: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
God's Mercy:
I'll also not be suprise that many feminist who always advocate for women right will still see nothing wrong in domesticating the role of women in the society. This is a call to all true feminist to dance naked on the street to caution WS.
yeah God bless the writer.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Tolexander: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
Who
refers to the First Lady as
a"mere domestic appendage
of power"? in any country of
this world? Do not they know
the wife plays a key role in
getting votes for the husband?
Is Michelle Obama not revered
globally? Has the Queen Of
England ever hugged any
human being aside Michelle? Is
her qualification for that
embrace not because of
Obama being president? IS SHE
A DOMESTIC APPENDAGE OF
POWER huh ?? Who in this century
still considers women
DOMESTIC huh
did Mitchelle have to meddle in the affairs of other states' government before she could help her husband in winning an election?

Why is Orji Uzor Kalu goofing by trying to bend two parallel lines to meet!

Nobody is underestimating the power of any woman here. PEJ has to be kept in her place like any other 1st lady.
When Wole Soyinka was criticizing Turai
yar adua, where was he to
Try Turai for kidnapping,
imprisoning Yar’Adua,
says Soyinka »

http://www..com/talk/topic,31745.0.html
where was Orji Uzor Kalu to say what soyinka said isn't right.

I understand this is the time to seek the favor of the presidency.

4 Likes

Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Lordave: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tolexander: did Mitchelle have to meddle in the affairs of other states' government before she could help her husband in winning an election?

Nobody is underestimating the power of any woman here. PEJ has to be kept in her place like any other 1st lady.
yar adua, where was he to where was Orji Uzor Kalu to say what soyinka said isn't right.

you are saying that Soyinka is right, though he could be but using such words on your first lady is absolutely not acceptable of a person like Soyinka. He could be seen as male chauvinist.
was PEJ's meddling in the affairs of Rivers state (as you claimed) enough to be accorded the cause of Rivers crises?
Just leave Orji Uzor out of your criticism cuz he doesn't deserve to. In a normal sense I'd prefer OUKs' advice/criticism to Soyinkas'

1 Like

Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Sloan: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
Is this not the same Orji Kalu that, married or not, meddled with a mistress which he is complicit in her murder in Potomac, Maryland, USA? Now he is the new "hero" of Nigerian women??

Woman Dies in Nigerian Ex-Governor U.S. Home
- Categories: News, Nigerian News, World News
- admin @ 03:04:11 pm

*Woman Dies in Nigerian Ex-Governor U.S. Home
By Masterweb News Desk

A Nigerian woman, Chinwe Masi, 47, on August 19 died in the United States home of Ex-Abia governor, Orji Uzor Kalu. Chinwe died from suspected internal organ failure that may have been triggered by ingestion of alcohol. She suffered from high blood pressure according to friends.

Chinwe, formerly married to one Okechukwu Ogbonna, reportedly arrived the ex-governor’s home at 14900 River Road, Potomac, Maryland at 8.30 pm on the fateful day, Thursday, August 19. According to sources, she had gone to deliver cologne purchased by the ex-governor at her shop during a previous U.S. visit in June this year. There were four other Nigerians at the ex-governor’s home at the time of Chinwe’s arrival.
Chinwe was offered a bottle of Guinness stout upon her request and 15 minutes later started shouting “my chest, my chest” vomiting blood. The ex-governor immediately picked up the phone and called paramedics and police, both arriving the scene in minutes. Paramedics were on their way carrying her into the ambulance when she gave up the ghost at 8.48 pm.

Police and detectives with the permission of the ex-governor, conducted an 8-hour search of his home. The Homicide unit of Montgomery County Police Department said they do not suspect foul play so far in Chinwe’s death and were awaiting autopsy results for final conclusion.
Masterweb will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/505273/how-chinwe-masi-uzor-kalus

3 Likes

Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Tolexander: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lordave: you are saying that Soyinka is right, though he could be but using such words on your first lady is absolutely not acceptable of a person like Soyinka. He could be seen as male chauvinist.
was PEJ's meddling in the affairs of Rivers state (as you claimed) enough to be accorded the cause of Rivers crises?
Just leave Orji Uzor out of your criticism cuz he doesn't deserve to. In a normal sense I'd prefer OUKs' advice/criticism to Soyinkas'
what exempted orji uzor kalu from the criticism which he has placed on someone?

In your own normal sense and not a general normal sense would you say kalu's advice is better than soyinka's.

What is the male chauvinism in trying to remind the meddlesome first lady that she has no constitutional duty and so be in her place?
That is the problem with nigerians. What has spared the president or any political office holder or his families the rod of criticism?
How many of such women has wole soyinka ever criticized if you won't mind listing them?
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by akpomeme(m): 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tolexander: did Mitchelle have to meddle in the affairs of other states' government before she could help her husband in winning an election?

yar adua, where was he to where was Orji Uzor Kalu to say what soyinka said isn't right.

oh please just shut it and know when to be shameful. Darn!!!
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by launique: 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
Soyinka is biased and can never be allowed to hold an elected office
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Tolexander: 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
akpomeme: oh please just shut it and know when to be shameful. Darn!!!
sorry! Am here to address human beings. Stay out until am through with them.

2 Likes

Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by mapet: 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
Right on point about that.
Tolexander: sorry! Am here to address human beings. Stay out until am through with them.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Lordave: 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tolexander: what exempted orji uzor kalu from the criticism which he has placed on someone?

In your own normal sense and not a general normal sense would you say kalu's advice is better than soyinka's.

What is the male chauvinism in trying to remind the meddlesome first lady that she has no constitutional duty and so be in her place?
That is the problem with nigerians. What has spared the president or any political office holder or his families the rod of criticism?
How many of such women has wole soyinka ever criticized if you won't mind listing them?
how many of them does he need to criticize before you know that he sounded like a chauvinist while criticizing PEJ? I'm yet to see Soyinka criticize Amechi and his apologist as he did to this innocent woman and if he doesn't, it'd only leave us wondering what he's up to or perhaps his criticisms are politicaly rooted.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by mapet: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
Well Abia state University's decision to withdraw the crooked Certificate awarded to this guy is well a good decision. Orji Kalu has once again continue not to disappoint in his usual half education.

Pay! Tell! what is the nexus between the meddlesomeness of PEJ in Rivers' affairs, a total abberation, and rubbish about strides and rights of women

If Orji is challenging the fact that first lady's just a "domestic appendage of power" then he's either being economical with the truth, grossly Ignorant or simply insincere. Well not surprising! Orji Kalu's mother was running 40% of his govt back then, so his sense of understanding the legality or other wise of the place of the first lady is not suprising.

Justice Abdulsalam Abubarkar was first lady. Did she misbehave like PEJ?

You see, that someone had some measure of schooling does not make some less of an illiterate...herein the Orji Uzor Kalu and OP are not found wanting
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Lordave: 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
mapet: Well Abia state University's decision to withdraw the crooked Certificate awarded to this guy is well a good decision. Orji Kalu has once again continue not to disappoint in his usual half education.

Pay! Tell! what is the nexus between the meddlesomeness of PEJ in Rivers' affairs, a total abberation, and rubbish about strides and rights of women

If Orji is challenging the fact that first lady's just a "domestic appendage of power" then he's either being economical with the truth, grossly Ignorant or simply insincere. Well not surprising! Orji Kalu's mother was running 40% of his govt back then, so his sense of understanding the legality or other wise of the place of the first lady is not suprising.

You see, that someone had some measure of schooling does not make some less of an illiterate...herein the Orji Uzor Kalu and OP are not found wanting
oga Orji Uzor Kalu didn't criticize Soyinka, we are only comparing their views.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by AZeD1(m): 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
OP
Orji Uzor Kalu is a politician and will speak like a politician i.e from both sides of the mouth. Wole Soyinka spoke the truth and did not mince words.
As for the 'domestic appendage' dude please only illiterates will take it literally. E.g if i say Mr X follows his boss like a hand bag does that mean i'm calling Mr X a hand bag?

The domestic appendage means PEJ has no constitutional role and all the perks of office she enjoys is as a result of her being married to the president. In pidgin English, domestic appendage is equivalent to calling someone an attache.

As for the Michelle Obama thing, have you seen Michelle try to tell a Governor what to do in his state?
Have you seen her shut down a city for 1 day talk less of 11 days?

Michelle Obama and other first ladies are respected because they are seen and not heard. If PEJ wants that kind of respect, she should behave like other first ladies.

1 Like

Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Ngwakwe: 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
If I may recall Bill Gate is still a drop out and that didn't stop him from proving that classroom knowledge is not necessarily the key to changing the world if one is determined.

Orji Kalu may have not completed university courses for a degree but his honourary degree from Havard University was a recognition of his business acumen and success.

Common Sense they say doesn't come from classroom.

mapet: Well Abia state University's decision to withdraw the crooked Certificate awarded to this guy is well a good decision. Orji Kalu has once again continue not to disappoint in his usual half education.

2 Likes

Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Ngwakwe: 12:07am On Jul 15, 2013
PEJ is disrespected because of hate, disrespect for womanhood and high regard for Whiteman's Language.

This is what I call mental slavery on the part of Nigerians and the acclaimed intellectuals.

Language is a means of communication and nothing else. Provided the message is understood, every other thing is history. As one of my Chinese colleague will say "make tea, cup for one peoples" and yet his technological acumen is astronomical.

A-ZeD:
Michelle Obama and other first ladies are respected because they are seen and not heard. If PEJ wants that kind of respect, she should behave like other first ladies.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Lordave: 12:07am On Jul 15, 2013
A-ZeD:
OP
Orji Uzor Kalu is a politician and will speak like a politician i.e from both sides of the mouth. Wole Soyinka spoke the truth and did not mince words.
As for the 'domestic appendage' dude please only illiterates will take it literally. E.g if i say Mr X follows his boss like a hand bag does that mean i'm calling Mr X a hand bag?

The domestic appendage means PEJ has no constitutional role and all the perks of office she enjoys is as a result of her being married to the president. In pidgin English, domestic appendage is equivalent to calling someone an attache.

As for the Michelle Obama thing, have you seen Michelle try to tell a Governor what to do in his state?
Have you seen her shut down a city for 1 day talk less of 11 days?

Michelle Obama and other first ladies are respected because they are seen and not heard... Are you serious?
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by AZeD1(m): 2:33am On Jul 15, 2013
Lordave: Michelle Obama and other first ladies are respected because they are seen and not heard... Are you serious?
Have you seen Michelle Obama try to challenge any American Politician?
Have you seen Michelle disrespect any elected official?
Do you know the first name of the wife of the UK prime minister without Google?
Have you seen any of them shut a town down?
Have you seen any of them try to initiate a project with tax payers money?
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by hercules07: 3:26am On Jul 15, 2013
A-ZeD:

Have you seen Michelle Obama try to challenge any American Politician?
Have you seen Michelle disrespect any elected official?
Do you know the first name of the wife of the UK prime minister without Google?
Have you seen any of them shut a town down?
Have you seen any of them try to initiate a project with tax payers money?

Why are you trying to educate these guys, you should know by now that their hatred is irrational, some hate the man because he is Yoruba, some because he is against GEJ and PEJ and others because he won an award they believe others should have, they need to travel to saner climes to see how people like WS are respected and the way a First Lady behaves, the emphasis is on the Lady part not the First.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by frederal(m): 6:13am On Jul 15, 2013
"Its character of Soyinka to dine
with the powers that be in the night only to come
out in the morning to condemn them in order to
endear himself to the unsuspecting public."
Well said, Kalu. You spoke like a man
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Brimmie(m): 6:34am On Jul 15, 2013
Am getting bored of all these low-lifers picking on the Prof.!
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by banki(m): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2013
@op: I stopped reading when you said "like tinubu orji kalu has no former university classmates" mind you forget politics as. Gov of abia state ouk attended lectures in absu, ask anyone in that school in 2003,he was woeful as a gov though
Tinubu was a chief accountant in mobil nigeria and also worked for them in the us while he was on exile with a fake certificate? Idoubt

Everyone that criticizes jonathan and his wife is called names from oby,to elrufai,to soyinka,to bakare even the britishprime minister, yet the loudest supporters of mr president are empty barrels like doyin okupe,bode george ,alamesigha,bamangar tukur etc

You are very quick to release statements to counter peoples opinions about the government,but when serious issues like the murder of 27kids in yobe it takes the gov days to even make statements or take action,it takes the president 1month to act decisevly on the flod issue,3years to take decisive action on bokoharam,3weeks for the subsidy bouhaha,and forever for corrupt people,inec says don't campaign for 2015 patience goes to ph and starts campaign weeks later ph is on fire with her "boys" at the forefront yet people like you have the guts to come and insult our collective intelligence
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by wirinet(m): 7:37am On Jul 15, 2013
It is beyond belief that people could Eulogize Orji Kalu. That is the hight of Nigerian hypocrisy. Some nigerians seems to have collective anmaesia or they have difficulty comprehending reality.

Orji Kalu was 10 times worse than Amaechi, when he reigned supreme in Abia State he was God. The only person he took orders from was "Madam Exellency" OBJ dared not give orders to him not to talk of his "domestic appendage". No party member could preach "the party is supreme" doctine to him. In fact Orji Kalu was responsible PDP losing the strangle hold it has in the east. After splitting thr party, he then came back again in an attempt to become relevant again. Who in PDP has commited worse anti party activities as Kalu.

Nigerians are ready to support the devil as long as he says what our ears like to hear.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Lordave: 8:13am On Jul 15, 2013
banki: @op: I stopped reading when you said "like tinubu orji kalu has no former university classmates" mind you forget politics as. Gov of abia state ouk attended lectures in absu, ask anyone in that school in 2003,he was woeful as a gov though
Tinubu was a chief accountant in mobil nigeria and also worked for them in the us while he was on exile with a fake certificate? Idoubt

Everyone that criticizes jonathan and his wife is called names from oby,to elrufai,to soyinka,to bakare even the britishprime minister, yet the loudest supporters of mr president are empty barrels like doyin okupe,bode george ,alamesigha,bamangar tukur etc

You are very quick to release statements to counter peoples opinions about the government,but when serious issues like the murder of 27kids in yobe it takes the gov days to even make statements or take action,it takes the president 1month to act decisevly on the flod issue,3years to take decisive action on bokoharam,3weeks for the subsidy bouhaha,and forever for corrupt people,inec says don't campaign for 2015 patience goes to ph and starts campaign weeks later ph is on fire with her "boys" at the forefront yet people like you have the guts to come and insult our collective intelligence
nobody is saying that OUK is a saint or whatever. It baffles me greatly to know that most of you failed to comprehend the nitty-gritty of this post, the topic alone is self explanatory. Soyinka as an elderly states man was expected to criticize constructively but he disappointed many by picking to pieces only on the part of PEJ who actually could not be accused of any problem with Rivers state
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Lordave: 8:24am On Jul 15, 2013
wirinet: It is beyond belief that people could Eulogize Orji Kalu. That is the hight of Nigerian hypocrisy. Some nigerians seems to have collective anmaesia or they have difficulty comprehending reality.

Orji Kalu was 10 times worse than Amaechi, when he reigned supreme in Abia State he was God. The only person he took orders from was "Madam Exellency" OBJ dared not give orders to him not to talk of his "domestic appendage". No party member could preach "the party is supreme" doctine to him. In fact Orji Kalu was responsible PDP losing the strangle hold it has in the east. After splitting thr party, he then came back again in an attempt to become relevant again. Who in PDP has commited worse anti party activities as Kalu.

Nigerians are ready to support the devil as long as he says what our ears like to hear.
Oga OUK is not been eulogised here, we're only comparing and contrasting the advice he and Soyinka have offered to the people in hot soup.
Soyinka as an elderly states name and a fountain of academic brilliance made an unnecessary and unwarranted remarks about the first lady which is typical of a political rogue.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Tolexander: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2013
Lordave: how many of them does he need to criticize before you know that he sounded like a chauvinist while criticizing PEJ? I'm yet to see Soyinka criticize Amechi and his apologist as he did to this innocent woman and if he doesn't, it'd only leave us wondering what he's up to or perhaps his criticisms are politicaly rooted.
criticize amechi for what for the problem in his state that isn't strange anywhere in nigerian state?
Is that why PEJ has to be a ghost actress in the episode of the state. Mr man, stop claiming PEJ is innocent on the matter.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Lordave: 8:55am On Jul 15, 2013
Tolexander: criticize amechi for what for the problem in his state that isn't strange anywhere in nigerian state?
Is that why PEJ has to be a ghost actress in the episode of the state. Mr man, stop claiming PEJ is innocent on the matter.
if Amaechi shouldn't have his own share, why not leave OUK and his short comings as a governor outta this.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Danhumprey: 9:30am On Jul 15, 2013
@OP,stop being prejudiced for once. Though I don't support the names Wole Soyinka called the First Lady,but you can see from her behaviour and meddlesomeness that the names seems to fit her. Those of you comparing PEJ with Michelle Obama intentionally tend to overlook the fact that Michelle isn't as meddlesome and arrogance as PEJ. Rarely do you hear Michelle in the news for one wrong reasons or the other,but as for PEJ,no day seems to pass without we hearing one negative actions of her. Infact the negative actions of her overshadow what positive actions she might have done. Michelle Obama,operate from the background. She doesn't interfere with her husband's running of the affair of the U.S,since she know,that the U.S is bigger than her and her husband. But with PEJ,she think that she is bigger than Nigeria,hence her arrogant behaviour. This isn't about male chauvinism. OP,would you in your unbiased mind,compare Patience Jonathan with Dora Akunyili and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala? Would you? The latter two behave like matured,civilised ladies,but PEJ,is just being uncivilised.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by 9jaIhail(m): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2013
This is exactly my argument yesterday, but APC followers on this forum with desperation on their faces was calling for my head .... We all respect sonyika but there is a limit to everything. Thank you Orji Uzo Kalu. I pray he listen, although he is fast tarnishing his good reputation by himself.
Re: When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. by Tolexander: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2013
Lordave: if Amaechi shouldn't have his own share, why not leave OUK and his short comings as a governor outta this.
seems i have missed road talking to you. What is your point and stand self?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lost Jewish Tribe 'found In Zimbabwe'-The Real Black Jews / Ex-militant For Governor / I Won't Insult The President Again BUT I Will Speak The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.