Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan (43421 Views)

The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe / Saraki Doesn't Deserve Pity,He &His Gang Of Thieves Scattered APC's Plan-Igbokwe / Buhari, Obama & VP Joe Biden With Nigerian Delegation At The White House (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2013

Nigerians must speak out now to stop this embarrassment called Mrs. Patience Jonathan. Those who knew this woman before President Goodluck Jonathan became the President told us that what is unfolding today at the presidency had been a reoccurring decimal when Jonathan was a Deputy Governor, a governor and Vice President. We were told then that Mrs. Patience Jonathan must always have her way no matter what is at stake. We heard stories of bizarre things that happened in her days at Bayelsa State House as Deputy Governor’s wife or the Governor’s wife. All these were ignored because she was confined to a small State called Bayelsa but now she is the Nigerian first lady, events are unfolding and they are so unhealthy to the presidency and governance of the country.

Shortly after President GEJ was sworn in as President, her deficiency began to manifest. Comportment, carriage, finesse, decency, prestige, honour and glory that go with the exalted position began to suffer. Any public outing becomes a big embarrassment to President Jonathan and Nigerians. Her public engagements became unbecoming of anybody that is privileged to be called the wife of the President of Nigeria. These embarrassments were of public knowledge and even at the presidency, the matter was well-known but nothing was done to stop the ridicule. Nobody quarreled with President Jonathan because Dame Patience is his wife but we expected that he would have put his feet down and ensured that his wife went for training or back to school to learn few things about social graces and carriage. If it was impossible for her to humble herself to learn, the president would have confined her to the State House to prepare food for him. But President Jonathan did not do any of these. He pretended that nothing is lost and that probably the woman will learn through practice. But has she learnt anything? Not to my knowledge. Her reckless and primitive use of State power has gotten into her head, her mouth, her eyes, her mind, her heart, her soul, her system.

Today, her unrestricted movements and engagement have dented the presidency and Nigeria’s image. Her encounter with Governor Amaechi sometime ago in Port Harcourt was an eye opener of what to expect. In a public function, she grabbed the microphone and began to direct the sitting Governor that his demolition of shanties in Port Harcourt is unacceptable. Governor Amaechi was stunned into disbelief but he restrained himself for the respect he has for Mr. President. Mrs. Patience did not stop there. Anytime she goes to any State, commuters suffer excruciating pains because there will be no movement until she cruises in and out. Last year, Dame Patience came to Lagos on a mission that is yet not too clear except the position put forth by her handlers that she came to thank Lagos women for supporting her husband in the 2011 election. For the duration of her visit, Lagos was shut down and Lagosians went through excruciating torture moving about and carrying out their normal duties. Last year also, she was said to have stormed Warri to open a boutique and the whole town was shut down. Tales of woes have been told of these excesses in other cities she visited but even the presidency paid no attention.

The present unavoidable and unfortunate crisis in Rivers State has also exposed the excesses, recklessness, the timid use of power to achieve diabolical ends. An anti-Amaechi lawmaker in Rivers State House of Assembly said Dame Patience Jonathan is his Jesus Christ on earth. This statement at once exposed the neck-deep involvement of Dame Patience Jonathan in the dangerous political game being played in Rivers State that may derail our hard-earned democracy if the presidency fails to act.

[b]Now the questions are: do we have a constitutional provision for the office of the first lady in the 1999 constitution? Did anybody elect Mrs. Jonathan for any post in Nigeria? Is there anything like the office of the first lady in Nigeria? What is pushing this limited educated wife of the President to indulge in this show of power and strength? Why is the presidency keeping quiet about this abuse of privilege? Why is the National Assembly deaf and dumb on these abuses of privileges by Dame Patience Jonathan and the wanton excesses she is manifesting in the polity? Why is the Council of States keeping mute on these unwarranted embarrassments from Mrs. Patience Jonathan? Apart from a voice from the global personality called Professor Wole Soyinka, what are the elders of Nigeria saying about this mess and shame? Why are the women not speaking out? Why this deafening silence? What about the intelligentsia, the University teachers? Why are the lawyers not speaking? What of labour? If a writer is silent, he or she is lying.
[/b]
Now, we must stop this nonsense. Those who knew nothing about this democracy we are enjoying today are working 24 hours a day to scuttle the hard earned system of government, but we must not allow this. Elders must speak out for the children to hear. President Jonathan must have the courage to call his wife to order. Dame Patience is not too old to go back to school to help herself. I am 100% sure that if she had a better education, she would have understood her limits and where to stop as the President’s wife.

This is a lesson to all women whose husbands have political ambition. Go and help yourself, go to school, learn the art of carriage, learn finesse, learn self control, learn diplomacy, learn public speaking, understand your limitations, read voraciously, learn about dignity and integrity, discipline and respect for constituted authority.

Joe Igbokwe
Lagos

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/please-stop-embarrassment-called-mrs-patience-jonathan-joe-igbokwe

215 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by temhab(f): 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
I'm happy an Igbokwe has spoken with his conscience. Let me also add that Professor Ben Nwabueze has also spoken.

6 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by billante(m): 11:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
Joe Igbokwe you are very stupid for written this loads of garbage!
whatever power Patience Jonathan is displaying now no former first lady has not done same,

Jonathan and his wife are the most tolerant president and first lady nigeria has ever had.....if half of insults, accusation,lies that has been bombarded on the first family is heaped on tinubu and remi his wife if they were the president and first lady of this country,believe me most of folks will either be rotting in jail or messed up including you joe igbokwe.

Any good unbiased nigerian will agree Jonathan and his wife are the most tolerant and coolest first family nigeria has ever had.

Nobody could have insult obanasanjo and stella or abacha and his wife on a regular basis the way they have belittled Jonathan and his wife.

119 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by k2039: 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
Nobody quarreled with President Jonathan because Dame Patience is his wife but we expected that he would have put his feet down and ensured that his wife went for training or back to school to learn few things about social graces and carriage. If it was impossible for her to humble herself to learn, the president would have confined her to the State House to prepare food for him. But President Jonathan did not do any of these.
*falls from mount Sinai*

8 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by OBAGADAFFI: 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
billante: Joe Igbokwe you are very stupid for written this loads of garbage!
whatever power Patience Jonathan is displaying now no former first lady has not done same,

Jonathan and his wife are the most tolerant president and first lady nigeria has ever had.....if half of insults, accusation,lies that has been bombarded on the first family is heaped on tinubu and remi his wife if they were the president and first lady of this country,believe me most of folks will either be rotting in jail or messed up including you joe igbokwe.

Any good unbiased nigerian will agree Jonathan and his wife are the most tolerant and coolest first family nigeria has ever had.

Nobody could have insult obanasanjo and stella or abacha and his wife on a regular basis the way they have belittled Jonathan and his wife.

OBJ was called worst names, even Stella got abuses in her grave.

Your are probably in the creeks when all these happened.

Thanks to GEJ that gave you amnesty.

316 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
Very terrible first lady, she is the worst in history

79 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by ERF: 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2013

[b] @OP, i hope you wheren't expecting me to read all that?

Buh Nigerians wait a minute ooh - leta all of yhu would call the First Lady a "mere domestic appendage" and a "gbagaurian" but yhu all "wide appendages" and "grammarians" are composing wonderful piece and scripts for just one woman (DM-domestic appendage) !!

Niger i hail ooh, if she is really what you all are calling - why not snub her and behave as if she doesn't exists?

I really respect Jonathan if not for anything but his silence. It proves he is a leader and he is above all of you (me exclusive)

you can't expect a Lion to have word exchange with a fly, its impossible...thats what he is proving by his silence.
Mynd you, if there is anything i fear its "silence" . I prefer yhu insult me or reply me bad than for yhu to keep mute, it shows yhur being higher/wiser than me and it makes you unpredictable.

Now for those of you ranting that GeJ should call PeJ to other - i know yhu all would want him to publicly disgrace his own wife for you all to be self satisfied right? It simply shows y'all have no respect for the women. The woman who suffered with you when yhu where a nobody, strived with yhu till yhu made it to the top, should be left out as a mere domestic appendage now that yhu are the president right? Or because she is the First Lady she is no man's wife?

The woman "over do" her things ...a big "YES" to that, buh you all that understand the female and mankind would be able to know that "the stamarer get angry quicker than the one easy on speech"

The disable when insult feels the pain more when thesame stuff is said to the able. There are things you say to a man, he wil overlook buh the woman would bark. These yhu should put into yhur skull and try to understand what it is. Wole and others should know that its not all about being well known, they should try and have some emotional understanding of what they write. Publicly insulting(thereby calling it an advise) the first Lady does not show yhu a man of integrity, it shows yhu a man that attempt a problem as it is seen - instead of understanding it.
The Life is too short to be a hater, criticizer (whether constructive or wateva), we should learn to be humane sometimes! [/b]

68 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by ERF: 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by ballabriggs: 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
You see in all these, the biggest idi0t is the man Jonathan as it further portrays him as an irresponsible man.

Fathers as leaders of the family have a role to protect their families and also shield them from needless controversies so when the bullets come flying in the future your family is protected because to an extent you have always left it out of your business. That is being responsible as the leader of the family. It does not mean disrespecting your spouse but rather protecting your spouse and protecting your family.

Till tomorrow you cannot hold Mariam Abacha on anything as She hardly spoke on national issues during Abacha's despotic regime.

That your Wife even issues those daft press releases says a lot about the level of intelligence of the man Jonathan. Does the man not have a brain.

59 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
E<R>F:

You deserve a space in PEJ's "kitchen cabinet". You are a million times better than Reuben and all the Presidential spokesmen put together. I agree with you 100% on how women tend to express their emotions more than men but some of the 1st lady's case were too extreme. Especially this Rivers saga. I believe she does not know that it could lead to end of democracy and ousting of her husband before making such dictatorial plans to remove a governor that enjoys massive domestic and international support including USA.

5 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by stepone(m): 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2013

All ur statements are false! Meanwhile, are u really a Nigerian or you just came from Zimbabwe? Does that warrant her (patient) the use of presidential power unconstitutionally to derail our country's presidency because of her ignorance and not intelligent enough for the position of The First Lady? I guess u r a Taitian!!!

19 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by softwareman(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2013
NOTHING TELLS ME THE KIND OF PERSON JONATHAN IS THAN THE CRASS OF PERSON HIS WIFE IS. THIS WOMAN HAS COMPLETELY DEBASED THE OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY. NO CLASS AT ALL.

19 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by softwareman(m): 12:13am On Jul 16, 2013

NO SIR. I DISAGREE. THIS IS THE WORST COUPLE TO RULE THIS COUNTRY. JONATHAN BEGOT US THE WORST FIRST LADY EVER. WE HAVE NEVER HAD IT SO BAD.

51 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by EVANSBIPI: 12:18am On Jul 16, 2013
THE PRESIDENT'S WIFE IS A BAG OF TROUBLE, SHE HAS SUCCEEDED IN CAUSING SOME MAJOR PROBLEMS IN RIVERS STATE

26 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Arrie(m): 1:14am On Jul 16, 2013
Abagworo: I'm happy an Igbokwe has spoken with his conscience. Let me also add that Professor Ben Nwabueze has also spoken.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2013
Somebody should tell this woman that her womanhood cannot live forever

14 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by taharqa2: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2013
Abagworo: I'm happy an Igbokwe has spoken with his conscience. Let me also add that Professor Ben Nwabueze has also spoken.
Just a point of correction: Joe Igbokwe is d ACN Publicity Secretary, Lagos State...... That's all I want to say. You COWARDS may howeva continue to shamelessly attack a man by attacking his wife. All d best with that..

24 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by bloggernaija: 8:19am On Jul 16, 2013
Her first agenda on becoming First Lady was to invite state gov'nors wives to obudu , on an etiquette course.
I think she forgot to take the course herself.

9 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 16, 2013
This woman and her husband should read about the French Revolution of 1789, how the wicked, selfish Queen Marie Antoinette misled her husband the king, Louis XVI. Their action cost their lives and put an end to monarchical government in France.

13 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 16, 2013
taharqa2: Just a point of correction: Joe Igbokwe is d ACN Publicity Secretary, Lagos State...... That's all I want to say. You COWARDS may howeva continue to shamelessly attacking a man by attacking his wife. All d best with that..
And what if he is the Publicity Secretary of the ACN.

12 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by JbravoAdodger(m): 8:56am On Jul 16, 2013
billante:

That's true... Even online, abacha go too find you. Aah the good ol days... cool

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by naptu2: 9:18am On Jul 16, 2013
Obiagelli: Somebody should tell this woman that her womanhood cannot live forever

grin

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by ballabriggs: 9:23am On Jul 16, 2013
EVANS BIPI: [sud or=#000099]THE PRESIDENT'S WIFE IS A BAG OF TROUBLE, SHE HAS SUCCEEDED IN CAUSING SOME MAJOR PROBLEMS IN RIVERS STATE[/color]

EVANS shocked shocked shocked Is that you?

Naaaah it cannot be. Why must you CAME to nairaland to supervise the beating of PEJ?
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Pataki: 9:25am On Jul 16, 2013
ballabriggs:

EVANS shocked shocked shocked Is that you?

Naaaah it cannot be. When did you CAME to nairaland to come and supervise the beating up PEJ?
OVOKO! OVOKO!! OVOKO!!! grin cheesy grin

Why must you also CAME here and supervise the words of Bipi?! I cannot take that!!!

7 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by bloggernaija: 9:38am On Jul 16, 2013
Stop wasting your time joe.these men think they are normal

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by ballabriggs: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2013
Pataki:
OVOKO! OVOKO!! OVOKO!!! grin cheesy grin

Why must you also CAME here and supervise the words of Bipi?! I cannot take that!!!

Aromate! Aromate!! Aromate!!! Ayikperere Ayikperere!! Ayikperere!!!

Boys let us go and bring our weapons for this man. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Nothern Group Removes Shettima As Patron Over Statement On Obi / Presidency Moves To Forcibly Reconvene Senate, Impeach Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.