Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? (1432 Views)

Naija Girl Calls Out Her Friend On Twitter For Sleeping With Her Father [PICS] / I Found Out My Girlfriend Had Sex With My Best Friend On The New Year Day. HELP / Describe Your EX As A Type Of An Animal... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by bcomputer101: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dear Nairalanders, will you allow your girlfriend or boyfriend keep her/his EX as friend on a social network? Like BBM, Facebook, Twitter, 2go, whatsapp et:al

Another question: will you allow him or her to still keep some of his/her EX pictures(even if is just one picture) on her phone?

Please let's have your view!
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by k2039: 11:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
I will only be childish not to
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
My Ex is on my facebook and my Gf too and my Gf knows. don't see any big deal, because a cheat will stil cheat despite their ex not being on FB, besides i'd have to be very jobless to be bothered about my Ex on her social networks cuz there are many.
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Mynd44: 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
So you intend to tell a full grown adult what to do? Cos I don't get the point of the "Allow" there ooo.

If she wants to, I won't mind, she has to have her own friends and people so she won't be all up in my face always
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by LarrySogo(m): 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Yes. I still have a good relationship with about 80% of my EXs' and about 30% are my social network friends. And am enjoying it.
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by 190: 11:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
^and what are u enjoying from it

free nyashing or wah shocked

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by WackyJ1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
190: ^and what are u enjoying from it

free nyashing or wah shocked
Excellent Question
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by bcomputer101: 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
Larry Sogo: Yes. I still have a good relationship with about 80% of my EXs' and about 30% are my social network friends. And am enjoying it.

Hum!
How old are you?
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 16, 2013
Keep her as a friend, but remove the pictures. angry
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Mynd44: 5:53am On Jul 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Keep her as a friend, but remove the pictures. angry
Huh?
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Huh?

Do I speak a foreign language to you? You are always questioning what I said undecided

What does a guy need his exes pictures on his phone for? Come now, delete that shit. That would be like hanging a picture of his ex in his house.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by sexymoma(f): 7:13am On Jul 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Keep her as a friend, but remove the pictures. angry
Seconded
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:09am On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd_44: So you intend to tell a full grown adult what to do? Cos I don't get the point of the "Allow" there ooo.

If she wants to, I won't mind, she has to have her own friends and people so she won't be all up in my face always
dude, forget wot u knw, think abt this:

U are clueless!!!

U shld vibrate wit facts..and facts are universal in the category they are stated.

If u can't tell a full grown adult wot to do, why do we ave rules in other places? Things u are 'allowed' to do, and thing u dare not. It's a rule, a guide. A begining to an end. So, rules are everywhere. Even on NL, full grown adults are told what to do.

The only wrong thing is double standardisation.

So, at the start of a relationship, what i want, i will say...and d lady will tell me hers. It's simple. What ticks u clockwisely may ave an anticlockwise effect on the other. That doesn't make anybody uncivilized or wrong.

If it can't work for her, and can't adjust to it, we shuffle and reshuffle until we either reach a compromise, or an end.

It won't be like the acclaimed religious fraudster who wanna stop his wife from wearing a trouser after a year into marriage, but neva said a word abt it while dating.

Rules are necessary, whether u hide under the veil of civilization coated with modern day atrocities, sandwiching immorality, and join the rest on the broadway to hell, and say i am from the stone age.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Adaeze003(f): 8:31am On Jul 16, 2013
'Allow' as in? You're gonna put up rules when you're just dating? Wtf? When you get married what will now happen?

Na wa for some guys/girls n their control-freak attitudes...

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Sanboy25: 8:41am On Jul 16, 2013
On the phone, NO. On social networks, YES. smiley
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Mynd44: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2013
SLIDE waxie: dude, forget wot u knw, think abt this:

U are clueless!!!

U shld vibrate wit facts..and facts are universal in the category they are stated.

If u can't tell a full grown adult wot to do, why do we ave rules in other places? Things u are 'allowed' to do, and thing u dare not. It's a rule, a guide. A begining to an end. So, rules are everywhere. Even on NL, full grown adults are told what to do.

So, at the start of a relationship, what i want, i will say...and d lady will tell me hers. It's simple. What ticks u clockwisely may ave an anticlockwise effect on the other. That doesn't make anybody uncivilized or wrong.

If it can't work for her, and can't adjust to it, we shuffle and reshuffle until we either reach a compromise, or an end.

It won't be like the acclaimed religious fraudster who wanna stop his wife from wearing a trouser after a year into marriage, but neva said a word abt it while dating.

Rules are necessary, whether u hide under the veil of civilization coated with modern day atrocities, sandwiching immorality, and join the rest on the broadway to hell, and say i am from the stone age.
Well you are going to tell her what you can accept but she can go against it you know?

I still have a problem with the word "allow" it is too controlling and sends the wrong signals. We are taking about humans here not your dog or 5 year old kid.
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Mynd44: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2013
Adaeze003: 'Allow' as in? You're gonna put up rules when you're just dating? Wtf? When you get married what will now happen?

Na wa for some guys/girls n their control-freak attitudes...

I thought the same thing
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by WackyJ1(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2013
You guys are making it sound like relationships are things were each party is allowed to do completely everything they want when they want. as if there are no boundaries in relationships which are somewhat like rules.

aren't there supposed to certain things in a relationship which one of the partners involved cannot stand or doesn't like and then informs the other party and vice versa?

I think what we really have a problem with is the word 'rules',

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Homguy(m): 11:02am On Jul 16, 2013
:oA reciepe for disaster!carry on at your own risk. Ladies are so weak to sexual advances from their EX. Esp if the EX did the breaking up. Au revoir

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Princesszoe: 11:28am On Jul 16, 2013
SLIDE waxie: dude, forget wot u knw, think abt this:

U are clueless!!!

h mm are you really the one posting this because i have never seen you criticize immorality nor even proffer morally packaged advise. OK what if she dishes out the rule of "don't cheat" hope you will stick to it because defaulting will be a betrayal. so can you? smiley
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
Princess zoe: h mm are you really the one posting this because i have never seen you criticize immorality nor even proffer morally packaged advise. OK what if she dishes out the rule of "don't cheat" hope you will stick to it because defaulting will be a betrayal. so can you? smiley
i became a born again last hour grin
Re: Will You Allow Your GF/BF Keep Her/his EX As Friend On A Social Network? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
I actually don't care. It's his business.

(1) (Reply)

BEFORE YOU CHEAT: 12 Things You Need To Remember / A Must Read For All Ladies! Helps Reshape Feet Into Dream Shoes / Casual and Commited Dating: What Exactly Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.