Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? (2429 Views)

Four Temptations Single People Deal With In A Relationship / 5 Things You Need To Stop Saying To Single People At Weddings / What Is The Worst Relationship Advice You've Ever Gotten? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 16, 2013
Im single.. Im obviously not a good person to ask advice from.

Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by segzicres(m): 6:09am On Jul 16, 2013
Kilo kan e? angry
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 16, 2013
i do wonder myself! It should be the other way round, dont you think so?
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Im single.. Im obviously not a good person to ask advice from.

actually, they as just as clueless as you are.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by ralfo85(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2013
Wisdom does not come from experience alone.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2013
Single people are the best advice giver, beside wisdom does not come from experience alone and a sincere single person will not want you to fall into the trap of bad or broken relationship which they had experiences themselves.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by xynerise: 8:10am On Jul 16, 2013

Some married people are not good advisers either.

Some singles advise people based on their researches and not based on experience.

Some peeps here on NL that give perfect advices are facing difficulties they cant handle in their present relationship.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2013
xynerise:
Some married people are not good advisers either.

Some singles advise people based on their researches and not based on experience.

Some peeps here on NL that give perfect advices are facing difficulties they cant handle in their present relationship.
hmmm... I do agree with you except for the part where you said they advise based on researches.
The question here is how do you teach what you dont actually know.... As in, you cant explain maths if you dont understand it.
Besides, i have the feeling that such advices are not often real(as in realistic) and could have destroyed many relationships than what it built.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by xynerise: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2013
idnoble135:
hmmm... I do agree with you except for the part where you said they advise based on researches.
The question here is how do you teach what you dont actually know.... As in, you cant explain maths if you dont understand it.
Besides, i have the feeling that such advices are not often real(as in realistic) and could have destroyed many relationships than what it built.
Mathematics is based of Theories and formula.

Giving advices is ethical. I may advise people to stop fornicating but I am the grand master of fornication(Na example I dey give o).

We do learn some morals but we do not practise it.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Godson201333(m): 8:35am On Jul 16, 2013
Hmm come ask me for advise oo
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Sanboy25: 8:40am On Jul 16, 2013
I think that I'm pretty good at giving advices although I'm single. smiley
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2013
xynerise:
Mathematics is based of Theories and formula.

Giving advices is ethical. I may advise people to stop fornicating but I am the grand master of fornication(Na example I dey give o).

We do learn some morals but we do not practise it.
lol
if you say so!
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by bknight: 8:57am On Jul 16, 2013
Its a slap on the face when a person in a relationship takes advice from a single...but good slaps are known to reset the brain and helps the eyes see clearer. undecided
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by obi2012: 4:15am On Jul 17, 2013
maybe u seem like u give great advice?

Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 21, 2013
Envy. They'd like to be like them again- single.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 5:31am On Jul 21, 2013
ninz: Envy. They'd like to be like them again- single.

In that case, I can give them loads of advice how to be single cool
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Popowaa: 6:31am On Jul 21, 2013
Single doesnt mean the person has never been in a relationship.they are sm ppl who are very experienced in relationships but have decided to give themselves break from relationships and hence their current title "single" so singles can advice those in relationships.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 21, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

In that case, I can give them loads of advice how to be single cool

U really are single? U may begin with me, then.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 21, 2013
Popowaa: Single doesnt mean the person has never been in a relationship.they are sm ppl who are very experienced in relationships but have decided to give themselves break from relationships and hence their current title "single" so singles can advice those in relationships.

I beg to disagree.
If the 'single' understood relationships that well and knew the value of sacrifice, perseverance and forgiveness, 'single' wouldn't have been a status.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Popowaa: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2013
So even when you are in a abusive relationship or u guys are not compatible u just stay becos u understand relationship abi?
ninz:
I beg to disagree.
If the 'single' understood relationships that well and knew the value of sacrifice, perseverance and forgiveness, 'single' wouldn't have been a status.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 21, 2013
Popowaa: So even when you are in a abusive relationship or u guys are not compatible u just stay becos u understand relationship abi?

Well, of course there are exceptions to every rule.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Popowaa: 11:51am On Jul 21, 2013
So singles can dish out advise too
ninz:
Well, of course there are exceptions to every rule.
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Popowaa: So singles can dish out advise too

I wouldn't make a single, no matter how talented, to mentor me on relationship. I won't.
If u're that great, why then aint u taken?
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
ninz:
U really are single? U may begin with me, then.

Im single to death grin
Re: Why Do People Ask Single People For Relationship Advice? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Im single to death grin
Lol..lucky me!

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Risk In Getting Married To A Virgin? / Is It Only The Husband That Is Meant To Pay Bills In Relationships? / How To Woo A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.