Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Army To Retire Al-mustapha With Rank Of Major - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army To Retire Al-mustapha With Rank Of Major (2116 Views)

Army Forces Al-mustapha To Retire - The Punch / President Buhari And Al-mustapha With Abacha When He Was Dying (photo) / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army To Retire Al-mustapha With Rank Of Major by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
The military authorities have disclosed that Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, who was recently discharged and acquitted of murder charges after 14 years of incarceration, will be officially retired from service with full benefits. This is coming after the Nigerian Army through the Chief of Staff, Directorate of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Col. John Agim confirmed on Monday during the Joint Security Committee press briefing at Defence Headquarters, Abuja, that Al-Mustapha is still an officer of the Nigerian Army. More to follow...
Source: /13riHKR
Re: Army To Retire Al-mustapha With Rank Of Major by kufre2010: 9:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
This is why i love the Army while the police have refused to implement court judgement
Re: Army To Retire Al-mustapha With Rank Of Major by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 17, 2013
I think he should be promoted to the rank his mates are (brig gen) and then retired having missed promotion exams and training, the army may decide to retire him as a colonel tho so as not to pay so much in servicing him after retirement once the rank of general is attached e.g home guard(s) etc.

If I was the army I will keep him onboard that way he is bound by service not to go on talking anyhow, it will be like from one detention to another, the military is governed by a set of rules that one can and will not break or will be court martial'd and punished as the military see fit, He will be easier to control if answerable to the chain, but then again, they know best, but what ever action they take this gentleman/officer knows so much and needs to be on a short leash
Re: Army To Retire Al-mustapha With Rank Of Major by gbadexy(m): 7:09am On Jul 17, 2013
I won't be surprised if he was retired, the army command won't be ignorant as to absorb him into the army. The man is still powerful with many loyalists.
Besides, he couldn't have been retained as a major or promoted without merit.
I suspect he would likely be retired as an honorary colonel with same benefits.
Re: Army To Retire Al-mustapha With Rank Of Major by drnoel: 7:16am On Jul 17, 2013
DivideUs: I think he should be promoted to the rank his mates are (brig gen) and then retired having missed promotion exams and training, the army may decide to retire him as a colonel tho so as not to pay so much in servicing him after retirement once the rank of general is attached e.g home guard(s) etc.

If I was the army I will keep him onboard that way he is bound by service not to go on talking anyhow, it will be like from one detention to another, the military is governed by a set of rules that one can and will not break or will be court martial'd and punished as the military see fit, He will be easier to control if answerable to the chain, but then again, they know best, but what ever action they take this gentleman/officer knows so much and needs to be on a short leash
But that would not be good. Let them retire him so he can talk. Are u not curious to know which people he would point fingers at. Do u not think that was why they wanted him killed. I want to see and read what he has to say and maybe his memoirs of what transpired at that time.

(1) (Reply)

The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri / Fear As Teenagers Launch Rocket In Imo / House: Another APC Member Defects to PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.