Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis (17209 Views)

See What APC Said About Rivers Election (photo) / Soyinka Warns Of Political Shipwreck As APC Leaders Court Obasanjo, Others / Gaddafi Warns About Influx Of Millions Of Blacks Including Nigerians To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Sayfat(m): 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
You can take a woman from the Creek to Aso Rock, but you cannot take the creek out of her.

For you people asking Kongi to keep quiet, he wont.
He did not kept mute during Abacha's reign of terror.
He was at the fore front of the struggle when your 'dear' Jonah was been treated as just ''authority appendage'' by Yar'adua's men.
Why would the Jonah fans forget so soon the 'SAVE NIGERIA GROUP'?
PEJ has picked a wrong person to fight, she will bear the brunt.

KONGI FIRE ON!!! You can take a woman from the Creek to Aso Rock, but you cannot take the creek out of her.

He was at the fore front of the struggle when your 'dear' Jonah was been treated as just ''authority appendage'' by Yar'adua's men.

KONGI FIRE ON!!!
You can take a woman from the Creek to Aso Rock, but you cannot take the creek out of her.

KONGI FIRE ON!!!

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by vislabraye(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
"You can take the hipopatamus fro the swamp, but you can't take the swamp from the hipopotamus" very true and witty statement. But I hope he's not taking sides at all. And I hope he's not referring to any body as a hipopo.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
chadef: These figurative speach sound like that of a bricklayer trying to prove how educated he is. I think soyinka shud stay off polictic and stop being sentimental because ameachi is his personal friend.
when you learn to spell correctly Bruv,come back and tell us how Soyinka's speech sounds like that of a Bricklayer.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
grin
plaindealer: She

Pose like a beached whale!! gringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
vislabraye: "You can take the hipopatamus fro the swamp, but you can't take the swamp from the hipopotamus" very true and witty statement. But I hope he's not taking sides at all. And I hope he's not referring to any body as a hipopo.
In all honesty,when you read that statement,infact when you hear the Word Hippopotamus in reference to Nigerian Politics,who comes to Mind? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Dee60: 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
I hope they will put an end to these war of words and let peace reign.

I wish there is an election tomorrow between Amaechi and Jonathan. That will put an end to the question of who is more popular!
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
hoochay: wen u go get sence self
When you learn how to spell angry

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by sleekdot(m): 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by oluwaisaac(m): 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
Figurative or not, he's a Professor of Literature and your grandfather, speaks better than your fathers, not the mate of any of you! Period.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
The President be like: Amma kill this niqqa and have his ballz for brunch!! gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
sleekdot:

Seems that lil nigglin is pregnant. Any ideas what he might deliver?? grin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by sleekdot(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
koonbey:
In all honesty,when you read that statement,infact when you hear the Word Hippopotamus in reference to Nigerian Politics,who comes to Mind? cheesy cheesy

Bros u badt gaan!! ROTFLMAO!!! So loving this thread!!

OP, I couldn't be more grateful to you! Gracias Signor!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by barika2011(m): 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
homesteady: Chai!! This man doesn't have shame!! After what PH people did to him!!
He is lucky one mighty stone did not break his running mouth!!
Guy ph did nothing to him...those people you saw are hired thugs from evans bipi's home town.....Wole soyinka we believe in your views...ogoni united

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by jummylaw(f): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
KwoiZabo: Soyinka tell us the things the presidential aid told you and the ones Amaechi denied if not we will not belive you. And you've been talking too much lately you better keep quiet and talk occasionally like Emeka Anyaoku if not you will loose the little respect that is remaining.

He should keep quiet when the country is on fire abi, nah u get sense pass...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by ALTRUTH(m): 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
All u haters of Jonathan, I advise u all 2 go and buys bundles of hankerchiefs because u hav a lot of crying to do come 2015. Call him & his wife whatever u like bt he will b there till 2019! We shl see!
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by barika2011(m): 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
luvmijeje:
Eeeeh o! Gosh! Jeez! Prof this is beneath you, she is still the wife to our President.
the wife of your president
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
Me: Prof, could you be more specific as to the hippo you are refering to??

Wole: Madam at the top..

gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
flybiz08: Maybe Wole Soyinka is getting too old for public utterances. Its obvious that his recent comments have been more political. As most would agree, he has fallen short of a true elder statesman.

SHARRRAPPPP!!!
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by acnwanaka: 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
This is why we call him prof. PEG and her advisers should better keep quiet, you cannot fight a man of such intellect whose power is with his pen. I hope somebody will be interpreting this to the so called HIPPO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by acnwanaka: 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
Seconded

SHARRRAPPPP!!![/quote]
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
ALTRUTH: All u haters of Jonathan, I advise u all 2 go and buys bundles of hankerchiefs because u hav a lot of crying to do come 2015. Call him & his wife whatever u like bt he will b there till 2019! We shl see!

Yes...the SS & SE 'joint-venture' agreement votes will coast him effortlessly back to power...

But let him win the PDP primary before he faces the real election.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by softwareman(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
chadef: These figurative speach sound like that of a bricklayer trying to prove how educated he is. I think soyinka shud stay off polictic and stop being sentimental because ameachi is his personal friend.
MY BROTHER THIS ONE IS NOT FOR EVERY BODY TO DISCERN, BUT FOR THOSE WHO CAN THIS IS VINTAGE PROF!!!
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
Prof see what you've caused!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by ChainBlinger: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
LWKMD! 'Hippopotamus' simply refers to Patience here. So na who come be the 'mammy watas'? Na who I go ask?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
sleekdot:

This is all what she's about!! Glutony in everything!! Be it Titles, power, money, food, etc.

Just take a good look at her.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by gtrust: 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
Prof was in PortHarcourt with 4 Northern Governors to collect his share of the Rivers OIL! Not Hippopo LOL!

Prof now we know your source of Income: BRIBES!
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by texazzpete(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Elueme: Soyinka should guide his actions and utterances. This is a man I once so regarded but gradually losing that spark because of unwholesome inter lopping on matters that are based on perceptions and interest. In the case of Rivers State, Soyinka's inability to read the mood of the people and his lack of understanding that Amaechi is not a saint as he cries wolves has terribly deered a bitter blow on his perception by majority of the swamp deltans( in Soyinka's words) who ironically regarded him in high esteem. This issue is behold GEJ or PEJ but about how a people feel about somebody and Instead of the personality like soyinka to thread with caution and play an arbitrary role, he seems to be taking side. How the mighty fall!!

When will you thrice accursed m'orons realize that this is not about Soyinka 'taking sides'? This is about following common sense and the law.
Soyinka is not talking because GEJ is fighting Amaechi. Soyinka is talking because

1) 16 is not greater than 19
2) 5 is not 2/3 of 32.

It doesn't matter if Amaechi is a vampire that drinks human blood and feasts on virgins. Soyinka is incredulous on this travesty. YOU imbecilic dolt! This should bother you too, if you had not already been paid like a dog to yap on Nairaland for your masters.

i say again, the root cause of this matter is that 16 was made greater than 19 and 5 was made up to 2/3 of 32. This is a staggering aberration and anyone who has received a secondary school education should be outraged!

Please change your name from Elueme to Esau...that you and your ilk would so easily sell your common sense for a bowl of porridge. angry angry angry

10 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Chain_Blinger: LWKMD! 'Hippopotamus' simply refers to Patience here. So na who come be the 'mammy watas'? Na who I go ask?

I'm suspecting Aniko Briggs and Deizani Alison Madueke! gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by texazzpete(m): 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
gtrust: Prof was in PortHarcourt with 4 Northern Governors to collect his share of the Rivers OIL! Not Hippopo LOL!

Prof now we know your source of Income: BRIBES!

Unfortunately for you, Wole Soyinka's name, fame and achievements is greater than anything you will ever achieve in your treacherous life.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Hearme(m): 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pej to gej. If you don't contest 2015 I will contest ohh and if I win we will create the office of the first man.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
omenka:

I'm suspecting Aniko Briggs and Deizani Alison Madueke! gringringrin

Kai..you get 'large' sense cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Brother / 'Stop Herdsmen Killings, Release Leah Sharibu': Christians Protest In Lafia (Pic / Pensioners, Teachers, Market Women Want Obaseki For Another Term - Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.