Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,289 members, 7,839,430 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? (15897 Views)

Why Do Ladies Cry When Their Man Propose To Them? / Guys Can You Propose To A Lady Afer 3months Of Dating/ladies Can You Say Yes? / Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Codedrock(m): 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
YES!!! Very Well....
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Odunharry(m): 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
eija74: Must i kneel down before proposin?
if u lyk stand using ur head..just propose
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
ekwah: Hmmmm undecided I am too conservative for that o.
When I propose to you, you better not say NO. grin grin

Get rid of your backward mentality now angry

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
Maka why?..... angry......
Oh please!......hell to the No!
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Adex097: 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
Can't even imagine it.
Wtf..my gal? Proposing to me publicly?
Jeez..I'm gonna drown in the pool of embarrassment....buh it aint bad.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by wealthpos(f): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
Me I am always afraid of a desperate lady ooo.....And does that mean she will be loyal to you?
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
My dear, let's all be honest with ourselves...this is Africa and not some Feminist country in the West or where ever. Naija guys feel a woman is "pushy" or Lord help her, lose; if she tries to ask the guy out first talk less of marriage proposal. For me, Nigeria is not yet ready for such shenanigans. I say a big No!

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Sweetapple007(f): 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
If u don't see anything wrong with ur sister's proposing to their boy friends, i support ya!
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by akos123: 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
This is a very interesting topic ooh.There is nothing wrong for a lady proposing .I've had the experience more than twice.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
No!!! That is so untraditional and mind you am a traditionalist grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Blackteeth(m): 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
Amaaskia:

Erm I'm afraid I won't kneel, that's just wrong. Seriously you won't appreciate me kneeling in my lovely evening gown now, would ya?

So men should do it eh? See you. If am your fiance and I heard you said that statement, I WOULD NEVER KNEEL FOR YOU.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nonsensical and nonsensically, rubbish. who even allow this 2 enter front page?

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by canalily(m): 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yep! Pretty cool you present this burning question! There is nothing dam bad in it! After all you people do go by the say "that wat a man can do a woman can do it even better"
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
Its not 4 naija o.If u propose to a 9ja guy he wil surely take u as been desperate,n if he valued u b4,afta d proposal he wil neva value u again like b4.And thr wil b so much question running tru his mind,like "y d hell did she propose to me",is thr sumtin i dnt know"?Definately he wil start being suspicious.So ladies,let we d guys continue to propose to you,if u really like a guy n u want to spend d rest of ur life wid him,then giv us strong signals then any reasonable guy wil take it from thr.Asap
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nten: 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
Mehn Gobe is when the lady asks "would u marry me honey" and the man responds "no i cant sweety"
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
Shollypopz:
When I propose to you, you better not say NO. grin grin

Get rid of your backward mentality now angry

LOL I knew someone was gonna reply me. grin It depends sha tongue, but I mean, my girl wouldn't need to propose to me naw...
It's not that there's anything wrong with a woman proposing marriage o, I just can't imagine it happening to me. grin I kinda like the old way.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nten: Mehn Gobe is when the lady asks "would u marry me honey" and the man responds "no i cant sweety"
i dey teeyu,its beta 4 a gal 2 say "no" than 4 a guy 2say "no" to a girl.Na total falling of hands.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by joshuaidibia(m): 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
That'l be as lame as a lady beging a guy for sex!
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Rotenthic(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
It depend on her biological clock
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
ekwah:

LOL I knew someone was gonna reply me. grin It depends sha tongue, but I mean, my girl wouldn't need to propose to me naw...
It's not that there's anything wrong with a woman proposing marriage o, I just can't imagine it happening to me. grin I kinda like the old way.

What do you mean by "it depends"?? Nigga don't play with me angry
Your girl is proposing to you not because she needs to but because she wants to. You keep looking at the act like a form of desperation when done by females. You need to change that mindset, she has a right to want to move the relationship forward just as you also do.

If you go for a chic that has the same mindset as you which I doubt, then you don't have to worry about it happening to you. You like the old way because it's the only way you know and are used to. Same goes for people that relegate women to the kitchen, people that believe men are automatic heads. There's nothing wrong with letting old ways die.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by blackbeau1(f): 6:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
A woman should never propose to a man because he will end up seeing you as the 'girl who didn't have the dignity to wait around till I asked for her hand in marriage'. Men in africa especially Nigeria,have a different psychology from those in other parts of the world.they want to chase you.robbing them of the chance to chase you makes them value you less. For instance,you would definitely place more value on something you searched for and bought than something which you picked from the street. Believe me,if a guy thinks that he would love to spend the rest of his life with you,he will propose to you.the mere fact that you are the one proposing means he doesn't want to marry you.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by godunia(m): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
idnoble135: Yes she can!
But to give herself the dignity and respect she might lose if she tries it, she could better use suggestive ways to tell Him to propose.
As for me, any lady that would propose to me, must pay my groom price, sponsor the wedding, fix the honey moon, put food on the table, settle the bills and make me a full time husband. Lol!
in addition,she wld insult u and yr family because u wont merit her respect n honor as a husband.if u re ready to take dat, there re women out there looking for a guy like u but dont run back to nairaland when it get hurts
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
Shollypopz:
What do you mean by "it depends"?? Nigga don't play with me angry
Your girl is proposing to you not because she needs to but because she wants to. You keep looking at the act like a form of desperation when done by females. You need to change that mindset, she has a right to want to move the relationship forward just as you also do.

If you go for a chic that has the same mindset has you which I doubt, then you don't have to worry about it happening to you. You like the old way because it's the only way you know and are used to. Same goes for people that relegate women to the kitchen, people that believe men are automatic heads. There's nothing wrong with letting old ways die.
naso u talk am? "There nothing wrong with letting d old ways die"?Wil u galz accept to propose to guyz n then sponsor d wedding and also pay d bills?U know thr is notin wrong wit lettin d old ways die,so dat men wil not b automatic head as u say.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
Emmadani: naso u talk am? "There nothing wrong with letting d old ways die"?Wil u galz accept to propose to guyz n then sponsor d wedding and also pay d bills?U know thr is notin wrong wit lettin d old ways die,so dat men wil not b automatic head as u say.
I have never believed in a man sponsoring the wedding by himself, that's just ridiculous.

Whether I propose to Ekwah tongue or not, I am still going to help pay half of the wedding bills.

I thought the wife's family sponsors the wedding though. Since I was a child, my dad always talked about how he would pay for my wedding and ish. I think it's the norm, I have no worries cool
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by nbright: 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
Ladies, don’t believe any hype that a man
tries to sell you about us being “equals”
Dear sister woman... You are very wrong here... It's the female folks that brought up that notion and it's known as feminism... Ask kulyie

Read this thread.. It was started by a female

www.nairaland.com/640/men-women-equal
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Bunker(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
What's the point kneeling while the gal has indirectly asked some dope question, probably if you are eating & say it, she will accept.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
Shollypopz:
I have never believed in a man sponsoring the wedding by himself, that's just ridiculous.

Whether I propose to Ekwah tongue or not, I am still going to help pay half of the wedding bills.

I thought the wife's family sponsors the wedding though. Since I was a child, my dad always talked about how he would pay for my wedding and ish. I think it's the norm, I have no worries cool
will u pay d groom price?And ur parent are not dsame wid others.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by k2039: 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
PureOhio: A real man wants the honor of getting down on his knee and asking his woman to marry him.
She go wait tired.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Emmadani: will u pay d groom price?And ur parent are not dsame wid others.
I'm against bride price as well as groom price.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by nbright: 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
Shollypopz:
Since you are against bride and groom price I hope you will fight hard for yours not to be paid?.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
Shollypopz:
case closed.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nten: 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
Emmadani: i dey teeyu,its beta 4 a gal 2 say "no" than 4 a guy 2say "no" to a girl.Na total falling of hands.
imagine the vice versa razzmatazz when the guy is tellin the lady who has proposed to him that he is not ready for marriage now!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? / Nagging Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.