Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? (15896 Views)

Why Do Ladies Cry When Their Man Propose To Them? / Guys Can You Propose To A Lady Afer 3months Of Dating/ladies Can You Say Yes? / Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by tintingz(m): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
vivianc: Ermm, no, muah bu Vivian can't propose to a man o! I would tell a man how much I love him but I won't propose.

I do believe in equality, but not in the way other people believe in it. I believe male and female were all created by God. God created our spirit-man which has no s...ex, so that makes us equal. I have been operating with this believe since I was born, I didn't need the ERA bill to tell me that. I also believe this spirit-man was housed in different structures; male and female for a purpose. So I believe male and female are equal but different. We are equal but our nature and roles are different because of our purpose; that's why we are created.

I'm a woman, I assume the position and roles of a woman. I won't assume the position of a man, neither would I play the roles of a man. And I assume this position not because I'm inferior or less important, but because of my purpose and function.
confused fellow If men and women nature and roles are different can we call that gender equality?? What's wrong with the word equity and justice undecided

I believe we're equal in senses and reasoning but having different roles it is not equally balance
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by adeniyikassim: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
to me there is nothing bad in it in as much as there is Love and God intervention between the duo.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by dondaniel4u: 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yes, it's no big deal if a woman should propose 2 a man. Afterall, it's a free world.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Harjeebohlar(m): 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
Women 2 can prpse
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
winkIf I have to ask a man to marry me, then he is the wrong man
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by A40(m): 12:09am On Jul 19, 2013
PureOhio: While I think it’s perfectly fine for a woman to bring up the subject of marriage, and highly advisable for a couple to discuss the topic of marriage before a proposal, I want to reiterate that it is the man’s duty to get down on one knee and ask for your hand in marriage.

Ladies, don’t believe any hype that a man tries to sell you about us being “equals” and how “a woman can propose too.” A real man wants the honor of getting down on his knee and asking his woman to marry him. A real man does not want you to take that away from him.
What happened to female rights? Equal opportunity etc! I thought Beyonce said "Girls run the world"
I mean two of the most advanced countries in the world (South Korea and Germany) are led by women so who says a woman can't propose? Abegi y'all can't eat your cake and have it!
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 19, 2013
lymelyte:

YOU ARE JUST TOO PROUD THIS GIRL Na wa ooo

Where is 'pride' in that statement?
Bush men call 'confidence' 'pride'. Stop stalking me okay? You're becoming an absolute NUISANCE.
Mtchew carpenter!

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by lymelyte(m): 7:00am On Jul 19, 2013
Amaaskia:

Bush men call 'confidence' 'pride'. Stop stalking me okay? You're becoming an absolute NUISANCE.
Mtchew carpenter!

i just dey watch and observe you..nor let rain insult on you ooo. If i start with u,you will ever regret why you started it at the first place.you have been talking anyhow lately,thinking say na you talk and write pass.. ur fadar yansh carpenter.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by blackbeau1(f): 8:29am On Jul 19, 2013
coogar:

stop deceiving yourself...
women actually propose everyday indirectly. 90% of the time, they are the ones who want to know where the relationship is heading......then they give ultimatums which or more less tells the guy that he's sure to get a "yes" if he proposes.
you just answered the question. You said indirectly right and the poster is asking about a direct proposal
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Dunexxx(m): 9:01am On Jul 19, 2013
Amaaskia:

Mtchew carpenter!
lymelyte:

i just dey watch and observe you..nor let rain insult on you ooo. If i start with u,you will ever regret why you started it at the first place.you have been talking anyhow lately,thinking say na you talk and write pass.. ur fadar yansh carpenter.

Amaaskia told u to leave her alone, instead u continue stalking n provoking her. Bro u deserve the insults she s giving u.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by jpphilips(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2013
PureOhio: While I think it’s perfectly fine for a woman to bring up the subject of marriage, and highly advisable for a couple to discuss the topic of marriage before a proposal, I want to reiterate that it is the man’s duty to get down on one knee and ask for your hand in marriage.

Ladies, don’t believe any hype that a man tries to sell you about us being “equals” and how “a woman can propose too.” A real man wants the honor of getting down on his knee and asking his woman to marry him. A real man does not want you to take that away from him.

With all that being stated, I now want to ask all you ladies a couple questions:

Do you think there’s anything wrong with a woman proposing to a man?

Would you ever propose to your boyfriend if he wasn’t taking the initiative to propose to you?

where is the honor in kneeling down to beg someone to accept the fact that you will provide for her the rest of her life?

I dont need to beg you to accept salvation, all i need to tell u is; '' get ready we are seeing your parents this weekend, you will know when we get there''

at what stage in life should men be at the recieving end of such magnanimity or are we sub humans?

Is it a crime for a woman to kneel down and beg the man to stop searching while she takes up the mantle of providing for the family, in an event where the man lost his job?

Where do we get this pack of double standards as social norms? Foreign culture? What happened to ours?

The last time i checked, the only proposal acceptable by tradition is taking your elder brother, uncle, or father to the girl's parents telling them that you have come to pluck a ripe apple from his vine yard,
anything short of the above is foreign and should stay with the foreigners.

Kneeling down to propose is for poor men who cannot actually take care of a woman or they wanna marry someone who will equally contribute to his own well being and survival.

If your woman knows you are capable, she will ask you to go see her father, proposed or not before you change your mind.

ladies of the world,

We have not evolved.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by jpphilips(m): 9:36am On Jul 19, 2013
akos123: This is a very interesting topic ooh.There is nothing wrong for a lady proposing .I've had the experience more than twice.

yet you are still single how come? Are you an actor?
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by jpphilips(m): 9:55am On Jul 19, 2013
black_beau: A woman should never propose to a man because he will end up seeing you as the 'girl who didn't have the dignity to wait around till I asked for her hand in marriage'. Men in africa especially Nigeria,have a different psychology from those in other parts of the world.they want to chase you.robbing them of the chance to chase you makes them value you less. For instance,you would definitely place more value on something you searched for and bought than something which you picked from the street. Believe me,if a guy thinks that he would love to spend the rest of his life with you,he will propose to you.the mere fact that you are the one proposing means he doesn't want to marry you.

you know nothing about men, u ve spent most of ur days with juveniles in masculine appearance.

What drives a man is interest, i saw where you wrote 'chase' up there, i dey laugh!!

How many real men chase women these days?

All he needs is to pass you a note in the restaurant that he likes you and will like to call you, its upto you give him your contact, when you dont, he assumes you are off the market and he walks away.

You know why? Because he is busy, there is work to do, all those evening visitors and sugar coated tom boys, are just as jobless as their actions.

Real men quite the chase a long time cos there are lots of deals to close.

Hang out with real men so you will have a change of mindset.

Nb: mind you that after refusing him ur contact and he jets out in his SUV, the real you will always whisper to ur ears

''baby, you fuucckkeedd up''

Nija gals are wiser than that sh!!t you wrote up there.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by adbokus(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
A girl, lady, a woman, female..to certain school of thought would not have done something wrong if she says 'i love u' to a man first..for a lady to propose to a man in anticipation of marriage..we need a referendum!...
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by sinquano(m): 11:48am On Sep 04, 2013
"olugo na umume",u guys're struggling to achieve gender equality, what stops the ladies from proposing?.You want to pop up the question u think say na pop-corn? Honestly i think that if the ladies are up to the task, let them go ahead... " what is gud 4 the goose is gud 4 the gander " abi ni b so.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by bukatyne(f): 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
vivianc: Ermm, no, muah bu Vivian can't propose to a man o! I would tell a man how much I love him but I won't propose.

I do believe in equality, but not in the way other people believe in it. I believe male and female were all created by God. God created our spirit-man which has no s...ex, so that makes us equal. I have been operating with this believe since I was born, I didn't need the ERA bill to tell me that. I also believe this spirit-man was housed in different structures; male and female for a purpose. So I believe male and female are equal but different. We are equal but our nature and roles are different because of our purpose; that's why we are created.

I'm a woman, I assume the position and roles of a woman. I won't assume the position of a man, neither would I play the roles of a man. And I assume this position not because I'm inferior or less important, but because of my purpose and function.

This is late but can you please define what you mean by the

i. position/role of a woman

ii. position/role of a man

Thanks in advance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? / Nagging Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.