Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen (14010 Views)

''Free Zakzaky'' Protest By Students & Corpers In Abuja (Photos) / Photos: Female Staff Of Federal Government Agency In Oyo Protest Topless / Ongoing Protest By Dismissed Immigration Personnels Recruited Under GEJ (2) (3) (4)

Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by seunlayi(m): 5:58am On Jul 18, 2013
Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo is now turned to an hunting ground which police officers shots students like animals and arrests many of them while trying to escape the onslaught of the policemen! The crisis was as a result of hike in school fees for both degree and NCE's students! As at time of this report,at least
two students have been shot dead while three are critically battling to stay alive! Many of the students are being arrested arbitrarily from their hostels to the garrage! Human Right Bodies should please rise up and
help these youths who are fighting for their
futures! Police are suppose to use batons and shields not live ammunitions!Please let these news be public so that people will be
informed,incessant of innocent students is uncalled for from the so-called well-trained
police officers that is stinking alcohol before
noon! no media house in Oyo state is ready to broadcast the news as it was. The situation needs prompt attention. The is pure abuse of human right, students including half dress females were dragged out of their rooms, anybody dat dress like a student were bundle into their patrol van.

Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Lanrefahm(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2013
Source?

Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by seunlayi(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2013
I was held up in the mayhem for more than four hours before I could find my way out of the town, I don,t know why media are playing down the news. Is this propaganda or what?

Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Syenite(m): 10:14am On Jul 18, 2013
Which one is Emmanuel Alayande College of Education. Una go just dey change name of School any how for South West. Rufus Giwa poly, Adekunle Ajashin university, Olabisi Onabamjo Univeristy, Tai solarin Univeristy, Ladoke Akintola etc. They almost changed UNILAG to Moshood Abiola Univerity sef. Mtcheeew. Soon we will have Gbenga Daniels polythecnic or Alao Akala University. Anyways, RIP to the dead and students please stay off trouble.

Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by seunlayi(m): 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
I just hope that the police has released those they people that were arrested unlawfully yesterday ?

Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Okikiade(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2013
seunlayi: I just hope that the police has released those they people that were arrested unlawfully yesterday ?
Most of them were released after paying some 'ridiculously bail is free money'!The medias reported half-baked news to paint the students in bad image
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by crystalballs: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2013
Na waa ooo
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by israel007: 9:58am On Jul 24, 2013
Accidental discharge or he mistakenly fired 7 times
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by chistar01(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2013
Chk ouy my signature..
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by jhydebaba(m): 10:00am On Jul 24, 2013
It happened in OOU recently and nothing was done about it, now its happening again. Very soon, the govt and police will come out to deny the story.

May God save us from all these dictators.
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by ReubenAbati: 10:01am On Jul 24, 2013
Na Naija wey we dey...

Welcome to the Real Nigeria.

And shame to all mofos who keep ranting 'Nigeria is a peaceful country and Nigerians are happy'

Bunch of retarded, psychotic, clinically depressed, hypocritcal bigots.

If my comment dey vex you, go jump inside well!

Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 24, 2013
Oyo again.....?? I knw sum1 wu had apersonal experience during de time o akala, dz problem is getting worse
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 24, 2013
sadI give up !
now the police are now killing our future.
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by jhydebaba(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2013
chistar01: Chk ouy my signature..
I blame ASUU strike for ur signature and idleness.
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by fishkaveli(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2013
Syenite: Which one is Emmanuel Alayande College of Education. Una go just dey change name of School any how for South West. Rufus Giwa poly, Adekunle Ajashin university, Olabisi Onabamjo Univeristy, Tai solarin Univeristy, Ladoke Akintola etc. They almost changed UNILAG to Moshood Abiola Univerity sef. Mtcheeew. Soon we will have Gbenga Daniels polythecnic or Alao Akala University. Anyways, RIP to the dead and students please stay off trouble.
Ur left lap bro
LWKMD
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by mmmustapha(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2013
Police of this days r really incompetent, imagine a force man taking Alcohol b4 going 2 work. Dis resulted in killing and molesting innocent ppl.
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by collynzo2(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2013
How can this thread come to front page after 5 days? What are we supposed to do now?

Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by menshowng(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2013
seunlayi: Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo is now turned to an hunting ground which police officers shots students like animals and arrests many of them while trying to escape the onslaught of the policemen! The crisis was as a result of hike in school fees for both degree and NCE's students! As at time of this report,at least
two students have been shot dead while three are critically battling to stay alive! Many of the students are being arrested arbitrarily from their hostels to the garrage! Human Right Bodies should please rise up and
help these youths who are fighting for their
futures! Police are suppose to use batons and shields not live ammunitions!Please let these news be public so that people will be
informed,incessant of innocent students is uncalled for from the so-called well-trained
police officers that is stinking alcohol before
noon! no media house in Oyo state is ready to broadcast the news as it was. The situation needs prompt attention. The is pure abuse of human right, students including half dress females were dragged out of their rooms, anybody dat dress like a student were bundle into their patrol van.
dats a regular tin de do na so m nt suprised
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Sunday4ars(m): 10:04am On Jul 24, 2013
Lord have mercy, students are meant to protest in an educated way not as tugs. we knew d NPF are half illiterate which is worst. anyone that does dis in killing students for whatever reason will not go unpunished
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by dridowu: 10:07am On Jul 24, 2013
Senseless killing of police is just 2 much, we need to call most of d police to order
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by ReubenAbati: 10:07am On Jul 24, 2013
collynzo2: How can this thread come to front page after 5 days? What are we supposed to do now?

Just imagine!

But if na Tonto Dike's shaved toto picshure...

We give up!!!

*check my signature*
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by flexya: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2013
@OP. u could av taken some pix whilst u were held up for 4hours cos I am in ibadan and my sources in oyo av not said anytig of such
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2013
Boko Haram have murdered thousands of Nigerians.
Malaria, epilepsy, HIV AIDS have led to the death of many innocent Nigerians.
Sadly, the organ of Government saddled with the responsibility of protecting Citizens' lives and property have killed even more Nigerians. They make much money from the bailing of arrested innocent Nigerians.
I give up already!
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Horus(m): 10:12am On Jul 24, 2013
I see nothing in the news, Source please, we are waiting for a credible source
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by ELgordo(m): 10:17am On Jul 24, 2013
Anoda 1 bites the dust. . . Let us pray
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Jaywilzee(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2013
The POLICE is not your friend and will neva be your friend...they don't maintain law and order.instead they cause mayhem and disorderliness...I was brought up to steer clear away from them,a lesson I'll pass on to my children....R.I.P
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Marineetyon(m): 10:26am On Jul 24, 2013
In a violence environment like ours, we need to extremely violent to survive daily engagements. Most times I wish I could integrate the spirit of Egyptians into Nigerians where we can protest for weeks till our demands are made. It is a pity that no one wants to die- we're busy shouting revolution on the internet. The questions are: who starts it? Where's the front line? If you can answer these questions our problem is half solved.
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Zulele: 10:26am On Jul 24, 2013
Horus: I see nothing in the news, Source please, we are waiting for a credible source
Id!ot.... Is d OP not a source himself already?! What other source are u waiting for?
It about time we take on the streets and make our voice heard; instead of staying in our comfort zones with our smart phones in our hand and writing stuffs! How many government representatives come here to read the things we debate on? I suggest we take on the streets and make our voices heard! Even the Americans that we imitate their ways of living take on the streets to stage their protest! All of us where told in primary schools that we are the leaders of tomorrow..,no sign of that! Can we also say same to this kids coming up. Nigeria need a total change! Its about time....
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Shigoboy(m): 10:33am On Jul 24, 2013
God, whn would killing of stdnts stop in nigeria? Most expecially in south west. About a yr back 2 studnts of TASUED ijebu ode was shoot dead by policemen during protest while about 45 of them were remanded in ibara preson yard for good 2 weeks, under the administratn of Gov ibikunle amosun, (ogun state), early this yr 3 studnts of tai solarin college of edu were killed by NPF for protesting against the new policy of 'no school fees no exam' while the same thing happens in OOU recently, all in amosun's regime. And still dreaming of 2nd term, If the minister for educatn cant do anythin about this killing cos non of there children is schooling in nigeria, so they dont care. NANS in generally should find a way out, this killing must stop, they are studnts not boko haram members....still loading
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Slickest(m): 10:35am On Jul 24, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
Na Naija wey we dey...

Welcome to the Real Nigeria.

And shame to all mofos who keep ranting 'Nigeria is a peaceful country and Nigerians are happy'

Bunch of retarded, psychotic, clinically depressed, hypocritcal bigots.

If my comment dey vex you, go jump inside well!
Or from 3rd mainland bridge grin
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 24, 2013
Which way naija,may the souls of the deceased rest in peace
Re: Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen by olumaxi(m): 10:42am On Jul 24, 2013
Dis is one of the reasons i was happy when i heard some 16 policemen died in an auto-crash then..hav neva cried for a policeman dat losses his lyf,neva

N18m Advert: Yobe Government & Journalist Exchange Hot Words / Governor Umar Ganduje Speaks After Kano Rerun Election Victory / Godfrey Chikwere Regains Freedom After Spending Days In Police Custody