Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria (69104 Views)

Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / 5 Worst Degrees With Lowest potential For Employment In nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Prowizy2(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
I love my "SOCIOLOGY" smiley
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Prowizy2(m): 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
I love my "SOCIOLOGY"
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mexyz: Banking&finance...*eyes rolling*
deceiving urself course wey some dey pray 4
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by nerodenero: 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nice write-up and I cant agree less to your submissions.However,there are some exceptions to all rules,laws,principles and facts.Above all,it was worth reading.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
Who dey mention Zoology there?

GEJ na Zoologist yet e land the best post-pensionable job in Naija

Me sef wey read Oil and Gas, even Groundnut Oil company sef, I no see...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by ChideraFavour(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
@op, wht of som1 dt studied any course in education lik pol. sci. Edu., economics edu., etc wht is d person's faith?
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by MaziOmenuko: 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
Vonwolf: .or haven't you seen some Engineers,Lawyers etc begging?

No! I've not seen an Engineer begging, unless they are cooking him at his village.

And please, try and read the poster's first paragraph and the title of the thread before joining some kids here to make comments.

#the thread title says 'Degrees with LOWEST employment PROSPECTS' #

I want to believe you know the meaning of Lowest and prospects.

2 Likes

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by iyobs7(f): 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hold my beer grin grin grin
Medicine
Pharmacy
Biochemistry
Dentistry angry angry angry
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by sucremckay: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Funnie...
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by sucremckay: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
grin[color=#990000][/color]
Funnie...
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
'like' IF U KNW UR COURSE OF STUDY/DEGREE DOES NT GUARANTEE UR SUCCESS/ACHIEVEMENT IN LIFE.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Tunjman(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
Diversification is the main thing @OP. If you go to school in Nigeria of today and cannot either think of what to do or pick up career in other fields after graduation, then you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
ohaleoghene: Some engineers don't even have job . Abegi , no be naija again ? U gat ready to walk and walk before getting a job . Graduate plenty pass available jobs . My lecturer back then said if anyone thinks getting a degree will fetch him or her good money , then he is a joker! I can never allow my child go study computer science , because someone who went to computer sch will be better off . When I was a student ,the old desktop made available for student is not even enough to go round a class of fiften , let alone a class of 200 . Nigerian university na wash ! My friend travelled abroad to school , he curse everyday that had he known , he wouldn't have wasted four good years in Nigerian all in the name of paper degree which when he got to Canada , he discovered that he was been taught nonsense all the while . Old syllabus. The best is , get education for the worth of it , not for the sake of making money .

Stick to what you know and stop mis leading people.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Vonwolf(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

No! I've not seen an Engineer begging, unless they are cooking him at his village.

And please, try and read the poster's first paragraph and the title of the thread before joining some kids here to make comments.

#the thread title says 'Degrees with LOWEST employment PROSPECTS' #

I want to believe you know the meaning of Lowest and prospects.

I'm sorry if you are affected by the Engineering I mentioned but don't be blinded by sentiments cos there are millions of them looking for Jobs here in Nigeria, so try and be objective in your analysis.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by nellybadas: 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
grin
emyibe: Bokoharamoloy. ( B.H) Unin maid.
Bombing 101, Shooting 201
grin
emyibe: Bokoharamoloy. ( B.H) Unin maid.
Bombing 101, Shooting 201
lol............:-) :-) :-)
Thanks 4 makin me laugh.
so many people have just been annoying me all day....
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by zugoboss(m): 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
Political science. For those saying it doesn't matter the course you studied in nigeria,maybe to an extent. But compare the ratio of unemployed mass communication graduate s to engineering graduates.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by sinmisolaoluwa: 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
IT IS NT EVEN ABOUT WHAT U STUDY IN SCHOOL THAT MATTERS,WHAT MATTERS IS THE FAVOUR OF GOD. EVEN IF YOU STUDY FRENCH OR WHT HAV YOU...GOD WILL STILL FIX U UP. THE PRESENT SITUATION IN OUR COUNTRY TODAY DOESN'T MEAN IF U ARE A GRADUATE OF MASS COMM,U WILL DEFINATELY WORK IN A MEDIA HOUSE. I HAVE SEEN ENGINEERS WORKING IN BANK AS CASHIER,ETC...I EVEN KNOW AN ACCOUNTANT WEY NO COUNT ANYTHN,YET A FRENCH GRADUATE IS COMFORTALY WORKING IN A REPUTABLE COMPANY. IT ALL DEPENDS ON HW FAR YOU CAN TRAIN YRSELF.
AS FOR ME,AM A MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENT,BT I FOUND MYSELF WORKING WITH A REAL ESTATE COMPANY AS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE EXECUTIVE....SO I BEG TO DISAGREE WITH OP

2 Likes

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
I thought ALL degrees had very low prospects of employment, given the dismal Nigerian job terrain. With the exception of health related fields angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by ohaleoghene(f): 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
A-ZeD:

Stick to what you know and stop mis leading people.

Yea , thanks I am sticking to what I know ! Got friends who went to computer sch when it was hot cake , thbey wrote proffessional exam in IT , did oracle stuff , now they are big guys . None went to uni . Thanks for quoting me anyways
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by slap1(m): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
In Nigeria, two things are involved:
GOD'S FAVOUR AND WHO YOU KNOW.
My secondary school biology teacher is now a bank manager.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
ohaleoghene:

Yea , thanks I am sticking to what I know ! Got friends who went to computer sch when it was hot cake , thbey wrote proffessional exam in IT , did oracle stuff , now they are big guys . None went to uni . Thanks for quoting me anyways
So how many do you know that went to university and are not making it?

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by slap1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
It may sound funny, but coffin-making is very lucrative, especially in Nigeria where human life is lifeless.

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Eureka007: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
jhydebaba: All that does not matter tongue what matters is that you know someone in power or close to the seat of power. U get the job even ahead of those qualified.
listern dont be a novice all u need to secure job in nigeria is ur money or ur oga ontop,forget ur field,a friend of mine was employed into zenith bank with yoruba "pali"while am still roaming about with my civil engineering "pali"
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by slap1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Chidera Favour: @op, wht of som1 dt studied any course in education lik pol. sci. Edu., economics edu., etc wht is d person's faith?
LOL. Is he the minister of Labour?
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by rozayx5(m): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
a degree does gurantee a job in naija
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by xynerise: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
It doesnt matter what you study, what matters is your skills, competency and knowledge of the job.

Imagine a guy that studied Animal Husbandry is the branch manager of a bank. Na Naija we dey o

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by omatule2000(m): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
B. Sc Human Anatomy and B. Sc Human Physiology

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by ohaleoghene(f): 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
A-ZeD:

So how many do you know that went to university and are not making it?

Oops , sure u read computer science . My bad !
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by dexcira(f): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
ignorance is a disease! as long as naija is concernd,it doesnt mata if u studied igbo,hausa,etc in university,ix al abt ur conectn,morova evry course ix of relevance,
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by MaziOmenuko: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
Vonwolf:

I'm sorry if you are affected by the Engineering I mentioned but don't be blinded by sentiments cos there are millions of them looking for Jobs here in Nigeria, so try and be objective in your analysis.

Once again, read the poster's title. Engineering has better "Prospects". There are always exceptions, like your own case, but if a statician takes the sample space and analyze it, your psychology will still be where the OP placed it.

Btw, the reason why people look for job may not necessarily be because they had no job, but because they want a better paying job with better job security.

My friend left his position as a process analyst in a chemical plant (producing foam) because his doctor warned him that the chemical fumes he breathes in daily is already eating up his lungs; and if he continued, the lungs will collapse in 2 yrs time.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Chubhie: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: Philosophy
lol. Are you by chance a philosopher?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? / UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.