Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria (69079 Views)

Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / 5 Worst Degrees With Lowest potential For Employment In nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Idongesit619(m): 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
ecomog08: How does an engineer differ from a mechanic? Most engineering students don't even know how to change car tire. Abegi.

How does an accountant differ from a business man? I no need u to count or calculate my profits and debts. Disappear. I sabi 2 + 2 jor.

Have u ever heard of defending one's self in the law court?

U r d most illiterate graduate I have ever met. Idiot. Fool.

Am a proud philosophy final year student of unilag n i can work my own car inside out. Ode buruku like u. Graduate for mouth, nothing up stairs.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Idongesit619(m): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
ecomog08: How does an engineer differ from a mechanic? Most engineering students don't even know how to change car tire. Abegi.

How does an accountant differ from a business man? I no need u to count or calculate my profits and debts. Disappear. I sabi 2 + 2 jor.

Have u ever heard of defending one's self in the law court?

U r d most illiterate graduate I have ever met. Idiot. Fool.
The great sage...Enginner& Accountant is noble profession.4ge that thing way u the think 4 ur mind.
Am a proud philosophy final year student of unilag n i can work my own car inside out. Ode buruku like u. Graduate for mouth, nothing up stairs.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Jepsy: 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
Aro Okigbo:

Why?
Did you study Secretarial Engineering?

First page joor!
pls is there any one that does not knw that in nigeria u don't bcom wat u study but u bcom who u hav? What did our president and vice pre. Study?

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Idongesit619(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Great Nigerian students....Y not think of how to creat employment in the society?As for me I will creat employment oppurtunities to billions of Nigerian.{If Philosophy is not important why is't compulsory as a General study course in Nigeria institution?
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by vicktaur(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Bask in your thought and be. A frivolous epiderm of a lobotomy in my samaformist ideas cool
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Cahmegga: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
SirElaw: I seriously don't think this thread is needed.
e sure me say this man course dεy †he list...LOOL!
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pancho01:
afta her youth service, she startd applyin 4 jobs. She ddnt had 2 go 4 any oda profesional certification watsoeva jst 2get employd. She came out wt a gud result,and wt dat she got a job lik i told u in pwc<an auditing firm>, althou she waitd 4 a yr u knw naija wahala na. Bt trust me jst kp ur head focus on comin out wt a gud result dats al. Wit Project managemnt acordn 2 wat she told me u can fit in2 an acountin,auditin,bankin,oil company jobs. Den afta getn d job u may den dcide 2 upgrade. Mahn relax u got urself a nyc cours.
Tnx Much. Uv helped a lot. But bliv me...I still hav some question I wanna ask. Would appreciate it if u can link me wit d person via email or any social network so I can ask some few questions. Bliv me hv been waiting for this kind of opportunity. Tnks A lot. Uv helped a brother here.
Still waitinq
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by yormite: 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Chai !!!An undergraduate studying physics edu am afraid of what d future wl bring and life outside the gates of olabisi onabanjo university i oh God help me oooooo
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by kckelechikc: 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
U get luck say u no mention my course,
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by jonath0012(m): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
yormite: Chai !!!An undergraduate studying physics edu am afraid of what d future wl bring and life outside the gates of olabisi onabanjo university i oh God help me oooooo
. My brother, you are not alone. I studied physics edu as well, and now corps member. My advice for you is get a very high CGPA now that you are still in school and that will give you an edge. I believe any brilliant physics edu graduate can fit in any where; so, do not be afraid of the future just because the Op listed you course of study among them. It's not just education, it's Physics education. Physics helps you to become analytic and think critically about a problem in order to proffer solutions, while education helps improve your communication skills-- all these skills are needed in the labour market.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Mickeywilliams(m): 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
Chidera Favour: @op, wht of som1 dt studied any course in education lik pol. sci. Edu., economics edu., etc wht is d person's faith?
Is he God to tell u what such person(s) fate would b?paper qualification, more than half of the time does not amount to anything...be creative,innovative,think outside the Box.do what someone hasn't done b4...and u'l come out shining#Godsgrace

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
Jasboi: pls what does an agric and biosystems engnr do?
FRom univ of ilorin??
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Policewoman: WHAT OF THOSE STUDYING PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND JUMPOLOGY? ANY HOPE??
U'l b GeJ's running mate in 15'
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
Policewoman: WHAT OF THOSE STUDYING PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND JUMPOLOGY? ANY HOPE??
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 20, 2013
lahips: I graduated from the department of Relion and philosophy, majored in Relion so i ended up with with a BA degree in Religious Studies, 1 week after my youth service i got a job with then Celtel-Zain as a contract staff, after a year i moved to a Lafarge company as a full time staff,spetember will make me 5 years here on my present job, in those years that passed by i got my NIM certificate as a corper and a proficiency certificate in management, i went on to get a Masters degree in Business management, funny enough i applied for a PGD but got a dual admission for both PGD and MBA probably because of my CGPA, as expected i went for the MBA.
why am i saying all of these, if i had read this thread back then i would probably have been discouraged, i think no matter what you read try to bring something to the table especially at your first job and you can excel from there.

More over the country needs people like me to assist with drawing the line between Religion and Social activities especially in our today's society where the more Religious the country is, the more corrupt it tends to be, Religious studies in universities is not even about christianity, we where taught about alot of religions,their effect on the society, coping in a society with multiple religious sects, where to draw the line bewteen Relion and other things, how to even use Religion in conflict resolutions amongst others.,,,,,,,,,,,,ok its time to get back to work.
It seems you didn't get what the op is trying to say. With your post you've proved the op right because he was trying to say that there are some courses that have no potential of securing you a job in that field because employers in Nigeria rarely need such services. This is why people with such degrees have to change their profession in order to be relevant in the labour market which is what you did.
Your first degree is in religious studies, one would have expected you go for masters in same field to more relevant where you work, instead, you opted for MBA- business administration. This shows that business admin profession will keep you in the job and you went for it.
That is the essence of education, use your head and develop yourself in a skill that is relevant in the market today especially if you find yourself with a degree that is not relevant. Essence is, you must be trainable!
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by gedtalks(m): 9:48am On Jul 20, 2013
YOU PEOPLE ARE MAKING SO MUCH NOISE ABOUT UNNECESSARY ISSUES.

THE THING THAT WE SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT IS THE RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT/ UNDEREMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA. WHICH WE HAVE KEPT QUIET ABOUT FOR YEARS. IF THE YOUTH SHAKE THE GOVERNMENT VERY WELL THEY WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT RE-ESTABLISHING/ RE-VITALIZING THESE CARRIER INUSTRIES THAT HAVE BEEN DUMPED. THEN LET US SEE IF ANY COURSE WILL REMAIN ''UN LUCRATIVE''
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by SANdos: 10:11am On Jul 20, 2013
She go use am marry for Eku.
lesluga:
I HAD A FRIEND THAT READ URHOBO IN DELSU N WONDERED WAT SHE WIL USE IT FOR

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 20, 2013
omoredia: Yeah studies Zoology and I'm so sure I can comfortably pay your dad's pension for the next 20 years or so lol

I wonder how much you earn in your profession Iin Niaja that can pay for pension. Except you are doing something else outside zoology, just like ur president.

If not,

Go and treat those animals in ph zoo. They need you there, mr zoology
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
Vonwolf:

Goosh! What a dumb question.
The stupidity levels on Nairaland these days amaze me.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by gedtalks(m): 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2013
Idongesit619: Great Nigerian students....Y not think of how to creat employment in the society?As for me I will creat employment oppurtunities to billions of Nigerian.{If Philosophy is not important why is't compulsory as a General study course in Nigeria institution?
...yea I can see that actually you are a student and you know NOTHING about the Nigerian working environment. I pray you graduate soon so that you can come and create the ''job opportunities for many'' as you said. When I was a child I said that by 25yrs of age... I would build a house in every state of Nigeria. So I understand what you are suffering from. Its called ''infant-imaginations''...its always easier said than done. My guy its good to think big and work hard O! , but dont think that people before you are/were all lazy, or that they dont have such ideas like yours .
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by yormite: 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
jonath0012: . My brother, you are not alone. I studied physics edu as well, and now corps member. My advice for you is get a very high CGPA now that you are still in school and that will give you an edge. I believe any brilliant physics edu graduate can fit in any where; so, do not be afraid of the future just because the Op listed you course of study among them. It's not just education, it's Physics education. Physics helps you to become analytic and think critically about a problem in order to proffer solutions, while education helps improve your communication skills-- all these skills are needed in the labour market.
tnx so much bro i hope i find it easy in d labour market
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Saecula: 6:49am On Jul 21, 2013
Acecube: some vertinary doctors earn close to if not more than, quarter of a million {#250,000} dey there dey fool yourself... government is responsible for their pay, just like doctors regardless of the number of patients {pets} you attend to.
who told you? When most of them are llamenting even on Nairaland here.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Idongesit619(m): 11:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
gedtalks: ...yea I can see that actually you are a student and you know NOTHING about the Nigerian working environment. I pray you graduate soon so that you can come and create the ''job opportunities for many'' as you said. When I was a child I said that by 25yrs of age... I would build a house in every state of Nigeria. So I understand what you are suffering from. Its called ''infant-imaginations''...its always easier said than done. My guy its good to think big and work hard O! , but dont think that people before you are/were all lazy, or that they dont have such ideas like yours .

Smile....I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthen me.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Acecube(m): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
Saecula: who told you? When most of them are llamenting even on Nairaland here.
they do.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
DEGREE2466: you are talking ur own. I have seen people who studied adult education as a course and today they are working in media house and people who study philosophy working in oil company. The point black here is that the world has no empirical formulae study whatever u can and the lord will provide
thanks. CASE CLOSED grin
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
xynerise: It doesnt matter what you study, what matters is your skills, competency and knowledge of the job.

Imagine a guy that studied Animal Husbandry is the branch manager of a bank. Na Naija we dey o
husband...gini? Is he married?,y did he study 'animal marriage'shocked
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Parrotpal(m): 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
Noting ve been said abt urban & regional planning i.e. Town planning.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Dubemkelly(m): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
Omo I won't lie,courses plenty scatter 4 ground,sum funny courses dat u nva dreamt of hearing....Just go in there n study hard,job awaits 4 yhu ministry
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Dubemkelly(m): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
Parrotpal: Noting ve been said abt urban & regional planning i.e. Town planning.
U must b reppin OAU....Datz d 1st plce I heard URP....Dey shud hv given u a whole lotta fields yhu career centres in yhu 1st year orientation
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Parrotpal(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dubemkelly:
U must b reppin OAU....Datz d 1st plce I heard URP....Dey shud hv given u a whole lotta fields yhu career centres in yhu 1st year orientation
asually am studying d course at FUTA
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
Parrotpal:
asually am studying d course at FUTA

Go to a Tech school, d likes of futa, futminna, futyola, futo, lautech n oda techs....u will knw dat URP is a very popular course!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? / UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.