Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,407 members, 7,843,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth (2348 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / Ameachi Talking About Lagos-calabar Rail To House Of Rep. Aviation Comm. (video) / Lagos-kano Rail To Generate 250,000 Jobs – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2013
ba7man: There's no need for arguements. Rail and power is one of they major ways of opening up a Country's economy. The USA's East-West Railway line is what opened up the whole country by connecting the East-Coast to the West-Coast.....Resulting in the development of every city it passed through on its way. All that didn't happen in 5years.

We can't achieve high speed rail all of a sudden. We have to work with what's on ground first and we can then develop it further.

The revival of the Nigerian Railway system is still in its infancy and we can only pray the Govt continues to work in it....rather than get comfortable and relax thinking "Hey, the trains are running at least".

Also, there's no basis of comparism between the BRT and Nigerian Rail. One is Intra-City, the Other is Inter-State.......And those buses aren't Molues, Rickety ones have been pulled out of service to the maintainance yard in Ojota. You can go see them there.
I like the way you tried to provide a balanced perspective. I asked the children of Buhari earlier on, if Buhari had won in 2011, from then till now, what did they expect would have taken place in the rail sector. Would he have bombed and destroyed the old railways? How many bullet train lines would have been built by Buhari? Perhaps by now bullet trains would have been cris-crossing the country. What was even Buhari's master plan for the railways as at 2011. These are legitimate questions which none of them have answered. Atleast if know what their master Buhari would have done, we would know what we'r missing and why Buhari disciples are crying now

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 19, 2013
The Beijing-Shanghai High-Speed Railway project
cost the country about $32 billion. It has 24 stations,
22 tunnels and 244 bridges - including the 164-km
long Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge which is the
longest bridge in the world.
Designers of China's high-speed railway network say
the trains will run at a speed of 350 km/h, with a
maximum speed of up to 380 km/h which would cut
the train travel time between Beijing and Shanghai
from 10 hours to 4.8 hours.

THIS IS WHAT I CALL DEVELOPMENT
Btw I am struggling to find the actual cost of refurbishing the lagos - Kano route, sincere 9gerian can you help me out
Re: Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I like the way you tried to provide a balanced perspective. I asked the children of Buhari earlier on, if Buhari had won in 2011, from then till now, what did they expect would have taken place in the rail sector. Would he have bombed and destroyed the old railways? How many bullet train lines would have been built by Buhari? Perhaps by now bullet trains would have been cris-crossing the country. What was even Buhari's master plan for the railways as at 2011. These are legitimate questions which none of them have answered. Atleast if know what their master Buhari would have done, we would know what we'r missing and why Buhari disciples are crying now

Yes, Mr.Imbec*ile, I can confidently say that had Buhari won, Nigeria would be a billion times better than it is now. You know why? All those funds being stolen would have been used for the development of the country and the well being of the people which they were rightfully meant for in the first place. The jumbo pay the Senators and co are earning wouldve been drastically reduced thereby freeing up even more funds for the development of the country; either you come to truly serve your country or you go home--- go somewhere else, preferably the private sector if becoming extremely rich is your desire. Instead of Private Jets for a few, thered have been good roads for all. Instead of one useless man calling himself President and therefore thinking he deserves more than $32,000/ day for his meals, that money wouldve been put towards better use. All those Bentleys, Rolexes, and Mansions that your useless Government officials are buying with money meant for clowns like yourself wouldve been put towards Healthcare and Education. Indiscipline wouldve reduced drastically, and corruption would be almost non existent.

So, yes, Mr.Loser-That-Fancies-Himself-A-Dokita, if Buhari was to be at the helm of your dead country's affairs youd have been earning a decent and honorable living like a man because youd have been gainfully employed, instead of living for crumbs like a low-life biyytch after selling your soul and your future---day in, day out---for pennies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth by Ozonna(m): 9:44am On Jul 19, 2013
Sometimes it feels like the anti-PDP guys in this forum are just being mischeivious or just good old plain wicked.

What's wrong in the way the FG are rehabilitating and building new rail lines,coaches and locomotives? If you guys are saying that Ϯh℮ contract sum were overly inflated, then we'll start looking @ it from that angle of which we'll start tackling Ϯh℮ FG for corruption . In another thread about Abuja fast rail line being constructed, another anti-PDP guy said that its "too expensive".We don't really know what Ϯh℮ opposition want again especially as regards rail and power reformsw
Re: Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth by awodman: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2013
Obiagelli:
THIS IS WHAT I CALL DEVELOPMENT
Btw I am struggling to find the actual cost of refurbishing the lagos - Kano route, sincere 9gerian can you help me out
You failed to provide how long it took to construct what you call "development"...
And if you look closely it actually did cost a whooping $32 billion dollars to achieve that..

Meanwhile it cost $151.7 million to rehabilitate Lagos-kano narrow gauge line...

For the Lagos-Ibadan standard guage line the contract will cost $1.59 billion
Abuja-kaduna standard guage line will cost $875 million

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
kingoflag:

Yes, Mr.Imbec*ile, I can confidently say that had Buhari won, Nigeria would be a billion times better than it is now. You know why? All those funds being stolen would have been used for the development of the country and the well being of the people which they were rightfully meant for in the first place. The jumbo pay the Senators and co are earning wouldve been drastically reduced thereby freeing up even more funds for the development of the country; either you come to truly serve your country or you go home--- go somewhere else, preferably the private sector if becoming extremely rich is your desire. Instead of Private Jets for a few, thered have been good roads for all. Instead of one useless man calling himself President and therefore thinking he deserves more than $32,000/ day for his meals, that money wouldve been put towards better use. All those Bentleys, Rolexes, and Mansions that your useless Government officials are buying with money meant for clowns like yourself wouldve been put towards Healthcare and Education. Indiscipline wouldve reduced drastically, and corruption would be almost non existent.

So, yes, Mr.Loser-That-Fancies-Himself-A-Dokita, if Buhari was to be at the helm of your dead country's affairs youd have been earning a decent and honorable living like a man because youd have been gainfully employed, instead of living for crumbs like a low-life biyytch after selling your soul and your future---day in, day out---for pennies.
I asked SPECIFICALLY about the rail sector but you went on and on, ranting like a mad man.

You conveniently forgot that this same Buhari was MAXIMUM ruler of this country for about 2yrs (no governor, no legislators. Buhari had ALL the resources of the federation to himself). How many new rail lines project did he INITIATE within that period? How many Km of the new rail lines was he able to construct before he was sent packing?
Re: Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I asked SPECIFICALLY about the rail sector but you went on and on, ranting like a mad man.

You conveniently forgot that this same Buhari was MAXIMUM ruler of this country for about 2yrs (no governor, no legislators. Buhari had ALL the resources of the federation to himself). How many new rail lines project did he INITIATE within that period? How many Km of the new rail lines was he able to construct before he was sent packing?
compared to what Buhari achieved in less than 2yrs--- Mr.FAke Dokita, your GEJ is an abysmal failure.
Re: Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth by tundamartin: 11:12am On Jul 20, 2013
Is it not a shame that Nigeria of all countries in Africa cannot boast of a modern railway network, instead they are into coal-driven locomotives! Of course, it does not take an economist to know that railways play a pivotal role in national economy and development.
Re: Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth by taharqa2: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2013
awodman:
You failed to provide how long it took to construct what you call "development"...
And if you look closely it actually did cost a whooping $32 billion dollars to achieve that..

Meanwhile it cost $151.7 million to rehabilitate Lagos-kano narrow gauge line...

For the Lagos-Ibadan standard guage line the contract will cost $1.59 billion
Abuja-kaduna standard guage line will cost $875 million

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omisore Declared Osun Governor Elect Says APC / Breaking News:Boko Haram Has Captured 50 Women In Adamawa State / Finally, President Jonathan Releases His Credentials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.