Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,010 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids (4559 Views)

Man Catches His Mother With Her Lover, Attacked By Mum's Lover (photos) / Photo: See Billionaire Man Buries Mother With Hummer Jeep / Inspirational Interview Of A Single Mother With Three Special Needs Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by damiso(f): 11:16am On Jul 20, 2013
Sorry the mother who left the infant shocked shocked shocked shocked infant shocked is grossly irresponsible. That is child neglect.It does not matter if the child was sleeping, you dont leave lil kids alone without adult supervision. She is lucky she was not in the west with all those nosy iya insurance white old women.She would have been in massive trouble with social services.

I cant even leave my 3yr old with a 12year old by law (I was babysitting my younger siblings since I was like eight) not to talk of an infant or toddler.Kulyie you were sooo right to tell her off.She needed it, I hope she no longer does that.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ehen,well i will have kids but I will not inconvenience my neighbors with my carelessness.if I know ill be busy ill either drop the child in a creche or get a nanny.that's why they are there and that's why I am working
Rukemi291: Damn Kulyie. You could be in the Mother's shoes one day.....
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
Of course I did and she didn't try that nonsense.when she knows her immediate neighbour (shewa) is no babysitter,who will she see to be leaving baby with and go out.moreover its not like there are no creches around if you wan waka useless waka
damiso: Sorry the mother who left the infant shocked shocked shocked shocked infant shocked is grossly irresponsible. That is child neglect.It does not matter if the child was sleeping, you dont leave lil kids alone without adult supervision. She is lucky she was not in the west with all those nosy iya insurance white old women.She would have been in massive trouble with social services.

I cant even leave my 3yr old with a 12year old by law (I was babysitting my younger siblings since I was like eight) not to talk of an infant or toddler.Kulyie you were sooo right to tell her off.She needed it, I hope she no longer does that.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by EfemenaXY: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
Kulyie, @ first story grin grin

So na you dey bark for aeroplane that day eh? cheesy

As for the second story, what arrant nonsense! That was grossly irresponsible of the mother. Where on earth did she go to that she couldn't take her baby along with? Left ALONE for over two hours without a nappy? And the door left unlocked?? Anything could have happened within or outside that house.

Two year olds are very inquisitive and that toddler could have wandered into the kitchen to meddle with the gas cooker, matches, cooking utensils, etc....or into the bathroom to meddle with the taps. There are stories of little ones who've drowned in baths because they were left unattended. Or heaven forbid, the living room to tamper with electric sockets or wiring. sad

Or na which kind yeye money she dey pursue that warranted abandoning the little one, leaving him to his device?? She deserves to be locked up for it and her baby taken away from her jor. Being a mother is not just about giving birth.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ejo o.emasomilenu o grin I am not a fighter,I just don't know how to endure "inconveniences" from anybody especially when it is avoidable except of course if it is within your means
biolabee: I feel d wahala sha.. But na so life be

Paying it fwd

That was utter irresponsibility leaving a child unattended at home

An infant for that matter
I support you for that one. The first one not so sure but I feel you sha

Kuly kuly fire fighta grin
Nothing do you

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
The kitchen door was open and knife was left within her reach that was why I said if I decided to ignore that crying child like other wetin concern me neighbors,she probable will have been playing with a kitchen knife and hurt herself,thus the mother will be running to the hospital.as for the barking for plane grin you never enter plane where you go see pikin wey go just dey do any how for plane for sit,they shout and their mama go dey there dey pretend like say she no see them
Efemena_xy: Kulyie, @ first story grin grin

So na you dey bark for aeroplane that day eh? cheesy

As for the second story, what arrant nonsense! That was grossly irresponsible of the mother. Where on earth did she go to that she couldn't take her baby along with? Left ALONE for over two hours without a nappy? And the door left unlocked?? Anything could have happened within or outside that house.

Two year olds are very inquisitive and that toddler could have wandered into the kitchen to meddle with the gas cooker, matches, cooking utensils, etc....or into the bathroom to meddle with the taps. There are stories of little ones who've drowned in baths because they were left unattended. Or heaven forbid, the living room to tamper with electric sockets or wiring. sad

Or na which kind true money she dey pursue that warranted abandoning the little one, leaving him to his device?? She deserves to be picked up for it and her our taken away from her jor. Being a mother is not just about giving birth.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by biolabee(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
kulyie: Ejo o.emasomilenu o grin I am not a fighter,I just don't know how to endure "inconveniences" from anybody especially when it is avoidable except of course if it is within your means

Carry gooo jaawe
Some mums are overburdened though anddont get enough support from the fathers who feel it is beneath them
Spare a thought for the poor mums

At times I will see some with 3 kids ... she is highly stressed
I will start to pity them
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by slimyem: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
I travelled by road last weekend and something similar happened. This two year old boy screamed and cried for almost all the four hours the journey lasted. I felt like grabbing him from his mum and flinging him out the window.
Then there was this other one that was seated with her mum behind me. She pulled at my hair through most of the journey while I constantly protested. It was a really uncomfortable trip.
I avoid sitting next to nursing mothers on journeys like that. My tolerance level is very low. I love kids only when they are quiet,clean and cheery. cool

1 Like

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
I understand,but there are able bodied nanies and creches or day care around.pata pata you will pay 2ooo naira for a month,depending on the kinds of creche though
biolabee:

Carry gooo jaawe
Some mums are overburdened though anddont get enough support from the fathers who feel it is beneath them
Spare a thought for the poor mums

At times I will see some with 3 kids ... she is highly stressed
I will start to pity them
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
True.you are right
slimyem: I travelled by road last weekend and something similar happened. This two year old boy screamed and cried for almost all the four hours the journey lasted. I felt like grabbing him from his mum and flinging him out the window.
Then there was this other one that was seated with her mum behind me. She pulled at my hair through most of the journey while I constantly protested. It was a really uncomfortable trip.
I avoid sitting next to nursing mothers on journeys like that. My tolerance level is very low. I love kids only when they are quiet,clean and cheery. cool
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
Am not harsh.I am very loving and friendly however there is a thin line netween indiscipline,neglect and lawlessness.when people start acting lawlessly and they know what they did is wrong,they will start appealing to your emotions with this what if it was your son crap
honey86: @kulyie, you harsh o. I don't think I would have the heart to behave like that to a child no matter what. Anytime situations like this arise, I tell myself its an opportunity to prepare myself for the future because I know I could find myself in the same situation. As for the woman who left the child in the house, there is the possibility that the child was asleep before she left and she decided to leave the child instead of disrupting his sleep. God help us all.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
True its very uncomfortable sitting beside a screaming child, however violence is not the answer even if you don craze.

People have every right to be annoyed by crying kids just like your neighbours also have every right to complain about your noise when you're partying or if for example armed robbers came to your house (God forbid) and started beating you up.

Not every noise and inconvenience is within conscious control.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by EfemenaXY: 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
kulyie: Am not harsh.I am very loving and friendly however there is a thin line netween indiscipline,neglect and lawlessness.when people start acting lawlessly and they know what they did is wrong,they will start appealing to your emotions with this what if it was your son crap

As long as your anger wasn't directed to the little one. He was confused, scared and didn't understand why despite all that crying, his mother was no where in sight. Gosh! These stories move me to tears! cry

Na wa for some women sha...
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
People who are yet to have kids, and who have no babysitting experience, tend to be very impatient with children.

Either that or some women dont have a mothering nature, its something they fear because they associate mothering with being unattractive to males.

Speaking generally, in reference to an average situation, not the exceptions to the rule which nlers tend to prefer to consider normal.

4 Likes

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
Of course not.why will I direct my anger to an innocent toddler.I am angry at the parents not the child.2ndly I knew he was scared and uncomfortable with an unfamiliar face carrying him to another apartment that was why,then as for the mother I cared less where she went,I wasn't even intrested in listening to excuses
Efemena_xy:

As long as your anger wasn't directed to the little one. He was confused, scared and didn't understand why despite all that crying, his mother was no where in sight. Gosh! These stories move me to tears! cry

Na wa for some women sha...
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
You also left the baby alone in your apartment, when you went to buy pampers though.

What if someone else had heard him screaming then picked him up before you got back?

I dont really see a saint versus sinner situation here.

Not saying the mother is entirely absolved of blame, however could be she also went to buy pampers although admittedly she should have taken the baby with her.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by EfemenaXY: 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
^^ Nah, don't think so.

From Kulyie's narration, the mother had been gone for no less than two hours. It shouldn't take that much time to get nappies. Besides, Kulyie didn't spend 2 hours on the outside like the said woman...
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by hersweetness(f): 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
Done it a couple of times, pretty frustrating if you let it get to you.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
How can a normal human being be violent towards a child.its not possible na.its ok to be angry at the parents not the child.as for playing loud music in the house,the landlord has already stated the terms and agreement so everyone respects each other not to inconvenience another with any form of noise.most of the time,the street and estate is quiet
tpia@:
True its very uncomfortable sitting beside a screaming child, however violence is not the answer even if you don craze.

People have every right to be annoyed by crying kids just like your neighbours also have every right to complain about your noise when you're partying or if for example armed robbers came to your house (God forbid) and started beating you up.

Not every noise and inconvenience is within conscious control.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by damiso(f): 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
To create peace, some airlines are introducing child free zones on flights where kids younger than 12 will not be allowed in.For as little as £8 in some cases.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274854/Peace-Air-Asia-rolls-child-free-zones-stop-screaming-infants-ruining-travellers-flights.html

I think its a good idea but loads of mums on parenting websites are up in arms about it. undecided undecided.They say its discrimination against families.I am not fussed as long as family holidays dont become more expensive.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
Of course not.when I went to get pampers which is doirectly in front of our place,I went with the child,after I had first cleaned him up,so I don't know what you are referring to
tpia@:
You also left the baby alone in your apartment, when you went to buy pampers though.

What if someone else had heard him screaming then picked him up before you got back?

I dont really see a saint versus sinner situation here.

Not saying the mother is entirely absolved of blame, however could be she also went to buy pampers although admittedly she should have taken the baby with her.

1 Like

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
damiso:

I think its a good idea but loads of mums on parenting websites are up in arms about it. undecided undecided.They say its discrimination against families.I am not fussed as long as family holidays dont become more expensive.

Why are they concerning themselves with where other people choose to sit. Abeg I think it's reasonable jare. I have been the mother of a kid that cried for most of an 8 hr flight so I've been in that position before. I spent the entire time trying to console him and worrying about how I'm inconveniencing the other people beside me. Abeg give them the option to pay more for theirs and my peace of mind. Of course I would still worry about other passengers but at least it would be nice to be surrounded by people who understand. Believe me people, the mothers of these children really want to sleep too. Have some compassion on us as long as we are trying to control the children and not leaving them to run wild. I would have given my left eye to see sleep on that flight. (And many other flights)
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
kulyie: Of course not.when I went to get pampers which is doirectly in front of our place,I went with the child,after I had first cleaned him up,so I don't know what you are referring to

well, initially you said you cleaned up the child (but not the mess on the floor), then went out to buy pampers. You didnt indicate you took the child with you when you did so.

as per the mess, you also said you waited for the mother to get back, then insisted she clean it up, not sure if you continued working in the interval or if everything happened at the same time (ie your getting back from the pampers trip, and the dad's arrival as well as the mum's own).

and you did also indicate you continued working while the baby was crying since you didnt know why he was doing that.

just saying, because you might not realize actually raising a baby is different from the cute pictures we are shown every now and then, or the cute little tots we see at parties.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
damiso: To create peace, some airlines are introducing child free zones on flights where kids younger than 12 will not be allowed in.For as little as £8 in some cases.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274854/Peace-Air-Asia-rolls-child-free-zones-stop-screaming-infants-ruining-travellers-flights.html

i think its a great idea.

a lot of people do complain about having children on flights.

definitely its inconvenient to have a crying child or baby disturbing other passengers.

the air pressure when the plane is taking off or landing, is very stressful for children because it hurts their ears, and there's really little the mother can do to control things like that.

some kids are also just cranky on flights.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
Really? I didn't know motherhood is that tougj,I've never been a mother so I don't know what it feels like to be a mother or raise young kids but since you've made me realize that ill cut some slack and help out with nursing mothers if it is within my reach to and as long as they don't pour anything on me.well thanks for the enlightenment.ill be more understanding with mothers of little kids
tpia@:

well, initially you said you cleaned up the child (but not the mess on the floor), then went out to buy pampers. You didnt indicate you took the child with you when you did so.

as per the mess, you also said you waited for the mother to get back, then insisted she clean it up, not sure if you continued working in the interval or if everything happened at the same time (ie your getting back from the pampers trip, and the dad's arrival as well as the mum's own).

and you did also indicate you continued working while the baby was crying since you didnt know why he was doing that.

just saying, because you might not realize actually raising a baby is different from the cute pictures we are shown every now and then, or the cute little tots we see at parties.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by EfemenaXY: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
ileobatojo:

Why are they concerning themselves with where other people choose to sit. Abeg I think it's reasonable jare. I have been the mother of a kid that cried for most of an 8 hr flight so I've been in that position before. I spent the entire time trying to console him and worrying about how I'm inconveniencing the other people beside me. Abeg give them the option to pay more for theirs and my peace of mind. Of course I would still worry about other passengers but at least it would be nice to be surrounded by people who understand. Believe me people, the mothers of these children really want to sleep too. Have some compassion on us as long as we are trying to control the children and not leaving them to run wild. I would have given my left eye to see sleep on that flight. (And many other flights)

So true.

You know, you get this also on other forms of public transport like buses, trains, and trams. It's embarassing enough for the parents as it is, so a little compassion won't go amiss.

Now this is why I love our double decker buses. While the old, infirm and those with very young babies seat mostly at the bottom, the more fit, single and less tolerant people have the choice of going upstairs for some peace and quiet smiley cheesy
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
kulyie: Really? I didn't know motherhood is that tougj,I've never been a mother so I don't know what it feels like to be a mother or raise young kids but since you've made me realize that ill cut some slack and help out with nursing mothers if it is within my reach to and as long as they don't pour anything on me.well thanks for the enlightenment.ill be more understanding with mothers of little kids

well, yorubas say if a baby pees or poops on you, it means the baby likes you, so perhaps the kid did all that in your apt because he likes you, abi how you for see am.

the whole thing actually is starting to sound like a soap opera on tv.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by damiso(f): 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2013
ileobatojo:

You will give your left eye,me I will give both grin grin.I remember my first ever long haul flight with my daughter embarassed embarassed.And it was just her o, she was 14 months old and it was to Nigeria (I foolishly was trying to save a couple of pounds and decided to fly KLM embarassed never again lipsrsealed).My husband could not get time off work so he came the next week.Father lord in heaven, I almost wept.For some odd reason she refused me strapping her to myself with the seat belt for take-off.All the air hostesses kept coming maam you have to strap her to yourself,(they were nice about it though).In short the pulser abi what they do they call their team leaders had to help me hold her in place if not we for no take-off.Is it the lay over time at Amsterdam where she wanted to get out of her stroller? She was cranky, irritable, and I felt so embarassed.That has to be my worst journey ever in this life.Gosh.

Thank God for tablets and smart phone apps now sha.They really are a God send to parents.Now as long as we have like 20 episodes of Peppa Pig and DocMcstuffins we are ok
cheesy
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
kulyie: Really? I didn't know motherhood is that tougj,I've never been a mother so I don't know what it feels like to be a mother or raise young kids but since you've made me realize that ill cut some slack and help out with nursing mothers if it is within my reach to and as long as they don't pour anything on me.well thanks for the enlightenment.ill be more understanding with mothers of little kids
I couldn't help but commend u on these posts of urs. So matured and very down to earth.I think it tells a lot about d real u. Don't know ur stand about marriage but if I'm a man,I will definitely track u down. Lovely!!!
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
damiso:

You will give your left eye,me I will give both grin grin.I remember my first ever long haul flight with my daughter embarassed embarassed.And it was just her o, she was 14 months old and it was to Nigeria (I foolishly was trying to save a couple of pounds and decided to fly KLM embarassed never again lipsrsealed).My husband could not get time off work so he came the next week.Father lord in heaven, I almost wept.For some odd reason she refused me strapping her to myself with the seat belt for take-off.All the air hostesses kept coming maam you have to strap her to yourself,(they were nice about it though).In short the pulser abi what they do they call their team leaders had to help me hold her in place if not we for no take-off.Is it the lay over time at Amsterdam where she wanted to get out of her stroller? She was cranky, irritable, and I felt so embarassed.That has to be my worst journey ever in this life.Gosh.

Thank God for tablets and smart phone apps now sha.They really are a God send to parents.Now as long as we have like 20 episodes of Peppa Pig and DocMcstuffins we are ok
cheesy

Lol!! With mine as toddlers, the tablets and games only go so far o! Will maybe buy me an hour, max 2 out of a 14 hr long flight to Naija! Once they are in that cranky, irritable mood, all bets are off! The rascals! Lmao!!
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 12:39am On Jul 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
I couldn't help but commend u on these posts of urs. So matured and very down to earth.I think it tells a lot about d real u. Don't know ur stand about marriage but if I'm a man,I will definitely track u down. Lovely!!!

she did show some maturity there, most nlers would have resorted to insults when they dont get their own way.

some women do get a headstart in childcare from babysitting when they're younger, however not everybody gets that chance, and some might not do any hands on care until they have their own babies.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 21, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Slept With My 11-year-old Daughter — Confession Of A Father(photo) / Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? / My Wife Or Wife Of My Brother In Law. At Crossroads.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.