Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids (4558 Views)

Man Catches His Mother With Her Lover, Attacked By Mum's Lover (photos) / Photo: See Billionaire Man Buries Mother With Hummer Jeep / Inspirational Interview Of A Single Mother With Three Special Needs Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by damiso(f): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2013
chaircover: another example . . . a toddler was left to walk up and down the aisle behind while the mother picked her talons. The kid would go up and down the aisle and then lean over other passengers and tap them or hit them. This went on for about 15 minutes until gboa!!! the kid hit her head on the metal arm rest few rows back and fell into a heap. I really didnt know how exactly the kid did it. All I heard was the scream and saw a very big swelling on the kids head. . . .only until then did the mother put the toddler on her back.

This mother boarded this flight with no toys, books, tablets nothing!! all I saw was milk. How on Earth do you expect to keep a toddler still in a seat for 7 hours with nothing to entertain her?

I agree that kids can be cranky at any time, but you know your kid more than anyone else and there must be some things that would be able to keep the kids occupied and content. its not just for the other passengers peace but for the kid and you the mother too. A kid doesnt need to be confined to his,her seat and you can take them for a walk around the back of the plane near the pantry area regardless of which class you are traveling and by the time they walk the length of the plane and back, they would have stretched their little legs and be ready to do something else.

As for the one who threw her kids used nappy in the food trolley, as a mother, I too have had to change my baby in very inconvenient & very tight places, but I take my soiled nappy home, and dont try and dispose of it anyhow. Some people just dont have any manners.

CC of course we are going to have nonchalant carefree mums.Not only on planes.When I pick up my daughter at school I marvel at some parents, chatting away with some kain rubbish clique they have formed and sometimes leaving their young kids to roam about.A child was hit by a car because of this a couple of months back and the head teacher had to ban any sort of waiting at the school gate.Pick up ur pikin and go home.Am in no way saying don't say hello to people (I do my daughter who is miss friend of the world will keep saying mum see emily, see nyasha, see laura grin) but not at the expense of child safety.
Also some people do zero activities with their young kids apart from tv.So as not to sound self righteous, its really easy to fall into that rut.I have realised that tv can only occuppy an inquisitive child for only so long.So you have to learn to fill in the gap.Now imagine that on a cramped space like economy cabins (thats what we have flown anyway grin),trains etc

I am in no way making excuses for bad parenting, as I said earlier in the thread I would opt for child free zones if I was travelling without my kids.And I would not be too happy if a kid vomited on me.But now as a mother, I would understand and not immediately assume the parent was a bad unprepared, unorganised person.A 4 or 5 yr old throwing a strop, maybe fault of a parent but an 18 month old maybe not so much.Let me add though that you are right that the attitude of the parent is also important.If you can see that this poor person is trying as hard as possible to contain this child, its not nice to be getting evil eyes cheesy.

I am very organised (if I do say so myself cheesy) and I had loads on me on that flight I described but she just wanted to be cranky due to the confined space.She actually slept after about 3 hours but she was cranky intially.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 10:44am On Jul 22, 2013
The husband sounds more lousy than the wife.

Where was he when the child was running around?
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by EfemenaXY: 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
^^ Abeg, which one be 'phonee accent'?? shocked shocked tongue

Give us a snapshot of her conversation with the cabin crew jare grin grin
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
he just sounded lousy, from that account.

he probably beats her up as well.

i know a guy in a similar situation [not swestern though], who jumped into the fray when his wife was either harassing or being harassed by people, and the way he reacted, everybody quickly scattered because dem no wan die.

i mean, obviously in your story the wife could have handled things better, but then so could everyone else involved and that goes for the airline staff as well.

customer service is a thing of the past these days.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by EfemenaXY: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
^^ Choi!!

This woman, you bad o! grin grin

But yeah, I get where you're coming from jare...
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
chaircover:

Efe You know naw . . the "wanna gonna fuckka" ones who mix ijesha English with cockney accent grin

The ones who have only been away on 6 month visiting visa but as soon as they land at MMA they take off all their clothes revealing one pack chests screaming "its fuccckkiiiiinggg hot in this fuckkiiinggg place" and start making fools of themselves, when kids of age 6 who have never been to Nigeria, are standing in the queue patiently and behaving themselves. mscswwwwwwww

sounds like you're venting out a personal grouse with some woman.

i really dislike these types of threads.

your persona generally has generally been a non-controversial one, seems you're suffering a sea change?

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by EfemenaXY: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
tpia@:

sounds like you're venting out a personal grouse with some woman.

i really dislike these types of threads.

your persona generally has generally been a non-controversial one, seems you're suffering a sea change?

On the contrary, I don't think so, tpia@

CC wasn't venting out a personal grouse but simply responding to a question I asked her. I asked her to give an example to buttress the point she was making. So how does that reflect in anyway on her persona?

I think you're the one taking things too seriously here and need to relax a bit.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
chaircover:

Efe You know naw . . the "wanna gonna fuckka" ones who mix ijesha English with cockney accent grin

The ones who have only been away on 6 month visiting visa but as soon as they land at MMA they take off all their clothes revealing one pack chests screaming "its fuccckkiiiiinggg hot in this fuckkiiinggg place" and start making fools of themselves, when kids of age 6 who have never been to Nigeria, are standing in the queue patiently and behaving themselves. mscswwwwwwww
Madam,I'm handling an important file and if I make any mistake,I will hold u accountable!
Though I've cancelled something I ought not cancel.all bc of ur wanna,fucker!
Taking a break abeg!
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by EfemenaXY: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Madam,I'm handling an important file and if I make any mistake,I will hold u accountable!
Though I've cancelled something I ought not cancel.all bc of ur wanna,fucker!
Taking a break abeg!

Don't mind CC jor!

I've been chewing on my bottom lip here so as not to laugh out loud! grin grin grin
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Don't mind CC jor!

I've been chewing on my bottom lip here so as not to laugh out loud! grin grin grin
Its a tonic.unwind abeg!

Off topic
I just posted something on that dubai r*ape case.the woman has been pardoned by dubai ruler after public outcry in norway. How I wish its my country that is so matured in reasoning like this.
Peeeew,we will get there whenever.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
chaircover: Ha! you people are making it look as if Im making all this up embarassed

I'm not talking again jare lipsrsealed
No vex ma,u r definitely not making it up!its just that I was imagining how ur mouth will look like with all seriousness assuming u r talkin. Couldn't help laughing.
Two of my collegues hv joined nairaland cos they said they wanna know werin de make me laugh so much everytime at work on my own. its just addictive but positive one for me.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by rubi(f): 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
Nice thread
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Chillisauce:

When u have one, come back and let me see if u will type this.

U are even lucky she packaged it well, I would have even left the diaper close to you using only the Velcro since no bin in the bus.

Sue me. angry

lol,i dont think you know the person you are dealing with grin thats if i dont throw it on you and create a scene before i get down in the next bustop.orisirisi grin

like i am that tolerant for nonsense cheesy
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
lets all be mindful of our caustic words, critters have feelings too,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6rwBJIY78g
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
Critters have feelings
Critters have feelings too
Critters have feelings
What's this critter done to you?

Critters have feelings
Critters have feelings too
Critters have feelings
What's a critter gonna do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? / Why I Slept With My 11-year-old Daughter — Confession Of A Father(photo) / Should You Confront A Dishonest Spouse Or Collect Evidence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.