Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide (5354 Views)

Awolowo Was Yoruba Leader, Osoba Replies OBJ / Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried / How A New Yoruba Leader Will Emerge, By Sijuwade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by Truequest(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2008
Wao! I started this fire but I've not been arround for some time, the punches here are deadly. Samuel Peter dare not show face or else he go 'peme'.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by DrKitaun(m): 6:52pm On May 27, 2008
@Mr juwon

what exactly is ur point ? undecided

how do u focus on the future without consdiering the past ? undecided
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by mrjuwon: 10:40pm On May 27, 2008
The past is past there is nothing we can do to change. If we really want to honor Awolowo and other numerous Yoruba leaders that have tried their hands in steering this country in the right paths, then its time for us to concentrate on the matter at hand which is the dire status of Nigeria. Imbibing and invoking Awolowo's name is not going to solve anything. We can always remember them for what they did, and we should not forget but its time for us too to start laying down our legacy. That is my point.

In respect to Akinjide, he does make a point. Read the whole article. His major point being, we can tweak the constitution and mend it as much as we like till its perfect, Nigeria still won't function because the people that control her constitution are not clean. They have bad intentions and are rotten to the core with corruption. The law is only as good as those who enforce it (which is why Policemen act so recklessly and mostly get away with it). That is Mr Akinjide's point. This then follows up into my point of us letting the past be the past, we have licked the past wounds long enough. Surely Mr Akinjide did his 12 2/3rds thing, but he is done and repented (there was an article where he laments all the crap he has done, not that I believe it but thats his word; I could not care less as we have problems at hand). What we have to do now is act on his point and make sure we have trusting individuals who would act accordingly and bend the constitution. What we have to do now is ensure that our leaders are acting in the best interest of the public and not private interests.

I hope that is clear enough for some of you who refuse to look at the bigger picture.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by DrKitaun(m): 11:09pm On May 27, 2008
I dont get u . . . cool

Akinjide said bla bla bla . . .to hell with f@ckever Akinjide said !!! cool

the truth of the matter is he just doesnt have any moral jstification to be complaing about corrupt people . . . .Nonsense ! embarassed
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by Akolawole(m): 11:34pm On May 27, 2008
@Mr Juwon

I don't really need to read the whole article.

Once he mentioned Adesanya and Awo were not at one time Yoruba leader, he don miss road.

He's just jealous of them.

He was not even respected in Ibadan.

Baba Alayande is far far better, i will even rate Senator Ladoja higher than him.

How much did our high chief collected to fight Bakassi case for Nigeria?

I would like to read his apology but i am sure he wont apologise.

We use yesterday to build today
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by mrjuwon: 12:36am On May 28, 2008
Your replies really do not warrant me to write anything to you. I stand absolutely firm on my interpretation on this matter. All awo and the great Yoruba guys did were just in vain till Nigeria moves forward. They laid the foundation and the house we are building on it is shit. I do not have to be a 35 year old "wise" man to see that. You can hold your grudge against Mr Akinjide and his nice house in Stanmore. He made a darn good point where you like it or not. My people have bigger problems which need to be resolved. To each his own. To you who did not read the article fullyand only saw 4 lines then please be aware, you are working on just half a story and life so does not work like that so I would not continue this discussion with you. I stand resolutely on my view. The past is past. We learn and move on, not whine.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by DrKitaun(m): 4:45am On May 28, 2008
now I get it . . . grin

Mr Juwon is either a son of Akinjide or at worst a relative embarassed no wonder he knows of his beautiful house in Stanmore . . .who cares ? tongue

so u mean cos our leaders havent led us to the promised land then we all should buy own burial sites in shame shocked now let me ask u; because MOSES DID NNOT LEAD HIS PEOPLE TO THE PROMISED LAND, DOES THAT MAKE HIM A BAD LEADER ?

some people sha with their warped analogy . . .shame ! embarassed
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by adigun101: 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2009
it is funny how sentiments and emotions becloud our judgement and interpretation of simple english. The gentleman is not trying to say that Awo and Adesanya are not leaders but it is trying to say that yoruba has and should never and can never have and absolute leader. you will always have leaders of yoruba land but not an absolute king. SIMPLE !
My take on this is that absolute leaders are not in line with a democratic mindset. It is encouraging to see yoruba leaders in different political parties and not the centralist attitude which has seemed to undermine yoruba sons and daughters over the years.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by KnowAll(m): 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2009
Yoruba Politics silently has always being a 2 prong horse race, since Akintola and Awolowo fell out in the 60's. The Ekitis, Ondo's, Ogun, Lagos and the Ife  / Ijesha parts of Osun State would always go for Awolowo and they see him as a hero. Akintola being an Ogbomosho man has very huge influence in all part of present Oyo State, and the Osogbo/Ede/Gbongan axis of Oshun state.

One election that brought all Yorubas together for the 1st time was Abiola's June 12 election and the spill over of this election made it possible for the AD to win Oyo State after a decade in Opposition hands. But the late strong man of Ibadan Politics made sure the status quo was re-established that is making sure the Akintola faction were back in power, Akala is a protegee of this faction.

Today the Akintola faction who have always being in some coalition with the North is controlling 4 Yoruba states namely Ogun - Awo's own state, Ekiti, Oyo and Oshun. The most loyal Awo state today are Ondo, Lagos and Edo states.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by adigun101: 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2009
KnowAll:

Yoruba Politics silently has always being a 2 prong horse race, since Akintola and Awolowo fell out in the 60's. The Ekitis, Ondo's, Ogun, Lagos and the Ife  / Ijesha parts of Osun State would always go for Awolowo and they see him as a hero. Akintola being an Ogbomosho man has very huge influence in all part of present Oyo State, and the Osogbo/Ede/Gbongan axis of Oshun state.

One election that brought all Yorubas together for the 1st time was Abiola's June 12 election and the spill over of this election made it possible for the AD to win Oyo State after a decade in Opposition hands. But the late strong man of Ibadan Politics made sure the status quo was re-established that is making sure the Akintola faction were back in power, Akala is a protegee of this faction.

Today the Akintola faction who have always being in some coalition with the North is controlling 4 Yoruba states namely Ogun - Awo's own state, Ekiti, Oyo and Oshun. The most loyal Awo state today are Ondo, Lagos and[b] Edo states.[/b]

I take that as a typo !
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by KnowAll(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2009
I take that as a typo !

Edo State is not a youba state per se only by heritage, but still ardent followers of AG policy, from Abrose Alli, to Oseigmole, u cannot take that away, if u have a free and fair election today in Edo State the Awoist in that state will carry the day. Same cannot be said of Oyo state which have always resisted Awolowo.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by adigun101: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2009
KnowAll:

I take that as a typo !

Edo State is not a youba state per se only by heritage, but still ardent followers of AG policy, from Abrose Alli, to Oseigmole, u cannot take that away, if u have a free and fair election today in Edo State the Awoist in that state will carry the day. Same cannot be said of Oyo state which have always resisted Awolowo.
You see this is what akinjide was talking about. Ones political affiliations should not be based on tribal grounds and tendency to generalize when it comes to yoruba issues. Apart from ambrose ali. Osadebey before him was NCNC, Ogbemudia after him was NPN, Oyegun was SDP, Igbenedion was PDP when AD had the whole of yoruba land(I was there, AD did not even have visible structures on ground compared to ANPP (which was  the biggest opposition) not to talk of taking the state) Oshiomole on the other hand came from the labour party before AC but if left alone, you will generalize that the likes of Atiku, solomon lar and Ngige are all Awoists because of their AC affiliations.  undecided
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by KnowAll(m): 1:40pm On Oct 11, 2009
Atiku, solomon lar and Ngige are all Awoists because of their AC affiliations.

The above names are irrlevant to the discuss here, Edo state shares Historical heritage with the SW, they were part of Western Region b4 the Mid-west was created in the 60's the influence of those early days is still relevant today. Oshimoloe was sponsored by Tinubu he could have gone to any of the other opposition party to fund his election but chose Tinubu that is because of Historical precedents.

Secondly I only mentioned Edo state as more of an Awoist state than some states in the west like Oyo state and the Osogbo/Ede /Gbongan axis of Oshun state who are sworn enemy of Awolowo. People like Akinjide, Akinloye, Adedibu u will never catch them ever even if u put a gun on their head vote 4 Awo. So Akinjide coming out today saying there are no Yoruba Leaders is a true statement because he belongs to the other faction which is the Akintola faction. There 2 factions wether any yoruba man wants to admit it or not.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by KnowAll(m): 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2009
Infact Afenifere is aware of the 2 factions hence her establishment to bridge the gap unfortunately it has never worked.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by adigun101: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2009
KnowAll:

Atiku, solomon lar and Ngige are all Awoists because of their AC affiliations.  

The above names are irrlevant to the discuss here, Edo state shares Historical heritage with the SW, they were part of Western Region b4 the Mid-west was created in the 60's the influence of those early days is still relevant today. Oshimoloe was sponsored by Tinubu he could have gone to any of the other opposition party to fund his election but chose Tinubu that is because of Historical precedents.
Secondly I only mentioned Edo state as more of an Awoist state than some states in the west like Oyo state and the Osogbo/Ede /Gbongan axis of Oshun state who are sworn enemy of Awolowo. People like Akinjide, Akinloye, Adedibu u will never catch them ever even if u put a gun on their head vote 4 Awo. So Akinjide coming out today saying there are no Yoruba Leaders is a true statement because he belongs to the other faction which is the Akintola faction. There 2 factions wether any yoruba man wants to admit it or not.

So Tinubu is now AC and AC is Tinubu. Even Tinubu was never Afenifere but is yoruba.
You are beginning to sound unclear. You use Historical heritage to justify Edo state while excluding Oyo a pure yoruba state as sworn enemies of Awo.
Are u saying that Awo is yoruba history and yoruba history is Awo?
What about the other governors I mentioned who are not Awoists. The most popular well known governor in the state today is ogbemudia and he was never an awoist.
Could you please stop making these erroneous generalisations but instead get your facts right.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by ikeyman00(m): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2009
becomerich

once again i have demonstrated u are the most tribalistic confused-fellow in the history of nl

such a foolish attention seeker u are; and u know

one wonder thereason this thread has eluded your maddness; we cant be fooled like u think; certainly all that bul shit from canada

i suppose goggles map couldnt help out on this one

i think ur comment is highly needed; we are anticipating ur response fool

tilipia nko!! useless woman
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by ikeyman00(m): 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2009
oduduwa know all does he really?? shocked
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by KnowAll(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2009
So Tinubu is now AC and AC is Tinubu. Even Tinubu was never Afenifere but is yoruba.
You are beginning to sound unclear. You use Historical heritage to justify Edo state while excluding Oyo a pure yoruba state as sworn enemies of Awo.
What about the other governors I mentioned who are not Awoists. The most popular well known governor in the state today is ogbemudia and he was never an awoist.
Could you please stop making these erroneous generalisations but instead get your facts right.  

Report to moderator    Logged  

I personally dont recognise Afenifere, neither did I say Tinubu recognises Afenifere, Afenifere is attempt by Yoruba elders to bridge the Awo / Akintola factions but it did not work. So I agree with Akinjide on this point. What I am trying to elucidate here is Akinjide was one of Akintola's foot soldiers in the 60's, it would be inconceivable for him to give Awo all the accolades that he deserves.

My point with regards to Edo State is simply, this is a state that was part of the western region and has had past affilations with political parties in that area, in fact Edo state is a state that has an effective opposition unlike some states even if their Governor is shit one party will always win.

The Ogbemedia's are a well known name in Benin, he can win election based on that, he was there for 8 years and did nothing in Edo worthy of mentioning, it would be madness for Edo electrolates to vote for another do-nothing,  non performing political party when there was an effective opposition, hence the election of labour by funds from AC who are an off-shoot of UPN and AG.

I know u are an Awoist, so am I but the facts must be told there are 2 political factions in Yoruba land. As for leadership of Yorubas, Yorubas have their Obas and I dont have to recite Yoruba history for u to know who are the leaders, it is got to be both the Ooni and the Alaafin any other kind of leadership is a fraud and not worthy of mention.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by adigun101: 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2009
KnowAll:

I personally dont recognise Afenifere, neither did I say Tinubu recognises Afenifere, Afenifere is attempt by Yoruba elders to bridge the Awo / Akintola factions but it did not work. So I agree with Akinjide on this point. What I am trying to elucidate here is Akinjide was one of Akintola's foot soldiers in the 60's, it would be inconceivable for him to give Awo all the accolades that he deserves.

My point with regards to Edo State is simply, this is a state that was part of the western region and has had past affilations with political parties in that area, in fact Edo state is a state that has an effective opposition unlike some states even if their Governor is shit one party will always win.

The Ogbemedia's are a well known name in Benin, he can win election based on that, he was there for 8 years and did nothing in Edo worthy of mentioning, it would be madness for Edo electrolates to vote for another do-nothing,  non performing political party when there was an effective opposition, hence the election of labour by funds from AC who are an off-shoot of UPN and AG.

I know u are an Awoist, so am I but the facts must be told there are 2 political factions in Yoruba land. As for leadership of Yorubas, Yorubas have their Obas and I dont have to recite Yoruba history for u to know who are the leaders, it is got to be both the Ooni and the Alaafin any other kind of leadership is a fraud and not worthy of mention.

Awo was fantastic leader during his time and he had political colleagues and adversaries but my argument is that political alliances and affiliations should change and should not be based on fixed permutations in history.
AC today is not AD neither is it UPN or AG. Even Bola Ige who has been an Awoist since time was recently at loggerheads with Adesanya a fellow Awoist.
Edo state citizens voted for oshiomole and not because he's in AC. And certainly not because AC had some AD Awo connections.
I guess Akinjide is trying to say that there can never be one faction in Western Nigeria. not even 2. There are always going to be people with varying political ideas but that does not mean that they dont admire or identify with Awo.
Everything in yoruba land should not be seen as pro or anti Awo.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by KnowAll(m): 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2009
I guess Akinjide is trying to say that there can never be one faction in Western Nigeria. not even 2. There are always going to be people with varying political ideas but that does not mean that they dont admire or identify with Awo.
Everything in yoruba land should not be seen as pro or anti Awo.

I can predict what will happen 2011 if there is no rigging.

Oyo State - PDP, except if AC fields an Ibadan man that is not a push over, I cant see Akala losing thus, I would be susprised if he did.

Oshun State - The Osogbo's / Edes /Gbongan will go PDP, Ife /Ijesha who are stong Awoist would be split down the middle if Fani-Kayode wins the PDP ticket an Ife man, it will mean Oshogbo /EDE /Gbongan / IFE all PDP leaving only Ijesha who will go AC. I predict a PDP victory

Ondo - No election untill 2013

Ekiti - No election untill 2013

Ogun - PDP, it would be inconccivable for OBJ master rigger not to deliver his states, there is also the Gbenga Daniels and Dimeji Banlole factors to contend with. This state will be another Anambra State ROUND 2 for PDP, but they will carry the day thus.

Lagos State - AC
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by PhysicsQED(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2010
KnowAll:

My point with regards to Edo State is simply, this is a state that was part of the western region and has had past affilations with political parties in that area, in fact Edo state is a state that has an effective opposition unlike some states even if their Governor is poo one party will always win.

Awolowo was opposed to the creation of Midwest region (unless other new regions were created in the North and East), which the overwhelming majority of Edo and Delta people supported, and he threatened Oba Akenzua to stay out of politics.

from "Benin & the Midwest Referendum" by Nowa Omoigui (http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui22.htm):

"Under these circumstances, on March 8th, 1955, Obafemi Awolowo invited Oba Akenzua II for a meeting in Ibadan.  According to the minutes of the meeting, Chief Awolowo told Oba Akenzua II to disengage himself from politics before it becomes a disadvantage.  Awolowo told him that he had planned to preserve the position of traditional rulers as an "important part of the social and spiritual life of the people" outside the political arena.   In response, Oba Akenzua II politely but firmly drew a distinction between politics and his activities with the Midwest State movement. He went further to query why the Ooni of Ife and the Alake of Abeokuta were open supporters and contributors to the Action Group but were not being similarly advised.  Awolowo reacted by promising to give other Obas similar advice, but also told Oba Akenzua II to go back to Benin and seriously reflect over his comments.  [National Archives, Ibadan; File B.P.215 Correspondence with the Oba of Benin.]"

also from the same article:

"When the Western House of Assembly opened in January 1952, 21 out of 24 Midwesterners were allied with the NCNC while three – S.O. Ighodaro, Arthur Prest, and Anthony Enahoro - were allied with the Action Group.   One immediate source of irritation was the government’s official pamphlet, which insensitively described the Parliamentary Mace with four ceremonial swords as representing the authority of Yoruba Chiefs.  To aggravate matters, when the unicameral Western House of Assembly was formally declared open by then Lt. Governor Sir Hugo Marshall, the Alake of Abeokuta, rose to speak immediately after Sir Marshall and said:

“On my right sits the Oni of Ife; On my left, the Leader of our Government, Obafemi Awolowo. The Voice of the West is complete.” [Hansard of Western House of Assembly: January 7, 1952]

In other words, as the delegates from Benin and Delta saw it, the “voice of the West” did not include those of the people of Benin and Delta provinces.  To compound matters, Benin and Delta delegates later complained too about derogatory epithets that had allegedly been hurled at them, such as “KoboKobo”, used to refer to persons (or barbarians) whose diction cannot be understood.  [File BP/2328/1 National Archives, Ibadan]

From this point on, the Oba of Benin, Akenzua II, supported by the Benin and Warri (Delta) legislative delegation, began openly touring Benin and other Divisions of Benin province as well as the Delta province to campaign for the Midwest (Central) region.  According to Professor Michael Crowder:

“In the Western region, as a reaction against the allegedly Yoruba-dominated Action group, the Mid-West State movement was started, supported largely by non-Yoruba-speaking peoples and in particular the people of the old Benin Empire.”  [M Crowder: The Story of Nigeria. 3rd Edition, 1972. Faber]

Indeed, at the very next Benin Provincial Conference at Ogwashi-Uku in June 1952, attended by pro-Midwesterners like JO Odigie of Ishan, Chike Ekwuyasi of Benin and Dennis Osadebay of Asaba, separatist sentiments were strongly expressed, resulting in the creation of the “Central State Congress”.    [File BP/2328/1 National Archives, Ibadan] One of the criticisms of the Western region government was the alleged decision to spend 225,000 pounds in Awolowo’s home province of Ijebu with a population of 383,000, as compared with 169,000 pounds in the Benin province with a population of 624,000.  Subsequently, a subgroup known as the Committee of the Midwest Organization emerged under R.O. Odita."

Also your statement about Ogbemudia is pure idiocy. He's the best governor Edo people have had.

from edoworld.net (http://www.edoworld.net/Ogbemudiabiography.html):

"He embarked on a process of reconciliation, reconstruction, and rehabilitation aimed at ameliorating the ill-feeling and mistrust that had been sown amongst the non-Igbo of the state by the secessionist invasion. This policy of reconstruction, reconciliation, and rehabilitation help greatly to restore confidence and trust between the Igbos and non-Igbos of the region.

With three months of his administration, much was already, being achieved in the restoration of mutual confidence and understanding between the various ethnic groups. Houses and other landed property left behind by fleeing persons, during or after the occupation of the state, were enumerated and accorded necessary protection in the interest of their rightful owners. Not only did the rightful owner repossess this property, but they were also paid the rents, which had accrued on them. Igbo-speaking civil servants who had fled their posts on the approach of the federal troops were reinstated on their return

Ogdemudia Administration also emphasized the problem of reconstruction in the rehabilitation process. According to him: ''It is much easier to win a war than to undertake reconstruction after the war.The roads, bridges and buildings destroyed must be reconstructed if life is to return to normal and if people
are to go about their social, business activities in an atmosphere of calm and mutual confidence.'' He also believed that the economic and social life of the state needed to be revitalized.
The period immediately after the civil war in January 1970 saw the massive expansion of the road network in the state and the provision of all necessary infrastructure for its industrial take-off as well. The Agbede Mechanized Farm, the Warrake farms, the Rural Electrification Board, The Bendel Steel Structures, the Bendel Brewery, Bendel Pharmaceuticals, Bendel Boatyard, Bendel Library, Ethiope Publishing Corporation, the University of Benin,The Institute of Continuing Education, NTA Benin, the Bendel Line, etc came into existence at the time.

He also built the Ogbemudia sports stadium and commissioned the Benin city museum.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by KnowAll(m): 8:55am On Aug 08, 2010
[size=14pt]I think it is high time Ganiyu Adams step in. Not vastly educated but a man that believe in Oduduwa Republic and the earlier we achieve this the better. With Buhari saying Nigeria might break up in the next few years, the Yoruba's should start taking their own destinies in their hands.[/size]
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by deletrue: 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
no wonder jona described them as rascals. So they are people without one leader, but so many. i can now know why many yorubas are senseless because of fact that there was no particular leader. Look at some of their leaders like pastor bakare, so unculutred, highly abnormal. He insult jona's wife like his last child. All is because, yorubas had as many parents, many leasders as possible. I feel for these societal deviants. Too bad.

Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by nku5: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
It seems like nairaland used to be a place for real iintellectual discourse rather than all this ethnic bs
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by jaso1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
It is assumed that person like Akinjide lucky with the kind of politics he played at detriment of his race during his time. Adolescence could be attributed to trash coming out from the old man. He has been doing it successfully, one admonition says sinner wont bye the world unpunished.
I think nemesis has begun to answer the man and when a person like Akinjide talk recklessly people shouldn’t pay attention, is just looking for a way to be relevant after been abandoned by his pay master.
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2012
This issue worth not arguin about....

Pa Akinjide is quite right....

Yoruba do not have a clear cut leader what WE have are LEADERS....and under this leaders are followers dependin on whom Ideologies or mentality u wish to adhere urself to.....

BUT one thing is clear.......They are all 'PROGRESSIVE' in nature ,thinking towards the same objective but with different Ideologies.......all tends towards achieving the same ''GOAL''
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by Eziachi: 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
Oh dear!! Trouble in paradise!.
Welcome to the united nation of Oduduwa, where everybody speak with one voice like programmed robots (we were once told, till now).

1 Like

Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by whitecat007: 3:58am On Sep 21, 2012
You son of a w hore, why don't you tell us who is your daddy.quote author=1luvkipsus]Thank God this's coming out from the mouth of one of their illustrious sons. The Yorubas, are very myopic in their reasoning, nay, their tribalistic mind. Now, we have known that there is NO position for that of a Yoruba leader, all that have been said about 'the Yoruba leader' are just propaganda. They look at any tribal demagogue as their leader. [/quote]
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by whitecat007: 4:32am On Sep 21, 2012
BURMAN KO TO BANKU!!!!
Eziachi: Oh dear!! Trouble in paradise!.
Welcome to the united nation of Oduduwa, where everybody speak with one voice like programmed robots (we were once told, till now).
Re: Rubbish! Neither Awo Nor Adesanya Was Yoruba Leader –akinjide by whitecat007: 4:42am On Sep 21, 2012
Its that time of the day to begin scratching your body with your teeth.
deletrue: no wonder jona described them as rascals. So they are people without one leader, but so many. i can now know why many yorubas are senseless because of fact that there was no particular leader. Look at some of their leaders like pastor bakare, so unculutred, highly abnormal. He insult jona's wife like his last child. All is because, yorubas had as many parents, many leasders as possible. I feel for these societal deviants. Too bad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu: My Toronto Certificate / America No Longer Need Nigerian Oil- Pres. Obama / Faces Of Niger Delta Avengers Arrested By The Nigerian Military (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.